Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Ookami to Koushinryou' Gets New Anime Project

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 25, 2022 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
I know people have been begging for this for over 10 years so good news for fans I guess. Not sure how much I care but I'll probably watch it anyway. Hoping Norah somehow makes an appearance but not holding my breath.
Feb 25, 2022 3:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Waah new Spice & Wolf out of the blue! Very nice ^.^

Time to rewatch the anime.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 25, 2022 3:15 AM
Oct 2019
is this a continuation or reboot? so i can decide to watch the previous adaptation or not.
Feb 25, 2022 3:16 AM

Aug 2008
Great news if it going to be like S1. Awful news if it's going to be like that atrocious S2. Now that I think about it, I haven't heard Koshimizu Ami anywhere in a while. This alone might score it some nostalgia points.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 25, 2022 3:18 AM

Sep 2014
About fukin time. Was patiently waiting for a sequel since it ended so i can rewatch the series. Hope the new staff doesn't ruin it.

Feb 25, 2022 3:28 AM

Oct 2018
Does anybody remember these fake anime charts from around 2010? Guess they weren't that fake after all. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Yotsuba Anime, Baccano S2 or Vagabond Anime next.

In any case, great news for the fans of the LN and anime. I expect Studio Shuka to be animating this season just as they did with other Brains Base's shows such as Durarara and Natsume.
Feb 25, 2022 3:37 AM

Nov 2016
Ah yes, finally, more good fucking LN fantasy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2022 4:02 AM

Sep 2020
love the series, glad it is getting something new after a hiatus this long
Feb 25, 2022 4:03 AM

Jan 2019
how funny, I just started watching the anime not long ago
Feb 25, 2022 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
THE GREATNESS DESCENDS ONCE AGAIN...

More Spice and Wolf only goes up and not down!
Feb 25, 2022 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
Nice. I can't wait for it.
Feb 25, 2022 4:14 AM
Dec 2021
No way! I just finished watching "Spice and wolf" yesterday. Thought the ending was satisfactory but a new season or ova really can't hurt.
Feb 25, 2022 4:22 AM
Jan 2020
Is this the price of WW3?

With all these announcements, anything is possible.
Feb 25, 2022 4:30 AM

Mar 2015
This is year of nostalgia trip with all old series getting an anime (and year is only started, wow). I have a serious doubts light novel would get a full adaptation, but if they manage to capture and enchange the magic of adventure, splendit characters and beauty of the world, even the incomplete adaptation would be a great treat.
Feb 25, 2022 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
It was to be expected due to the VRs, but I wouldn't say that I'm satisfied with it, it arouses curiosity, but due to the (possible) increase in actuality (in general) (as occurred in the VRs) the work itself tends to lose its originality and naturalism, losing its essence, so as there was already a decadence in the S2 even at that time, the expectation of quality tends to be...a little...doubtful.
Feb 25, 2022 4:50 AM

Jul 2020
Woah I’m so hype!!! Not sure how they will adapt the rest of the story, so I’m guessing it’s probably something minor, either way let’s goooo
Feb 25, 2022 4:55 AM

Jun 2009
finnaly!
i hope it will get more and more seasons and full story will be adapted
horo is life
Feb 25, 2022 5:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MaceChan said:
Does anybody remember these fake anime charts from around 2010? Guess they weren't that fake after all. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Yotsuba Anime, Baccano S2 or Vagabond Anime next.

In any case, great news for the fans of the LN and anime. I expect Studio Shuka to be animating this season just as they did with other Brains Base's shows such as Durarara and Natsume.
I'd sell my soul to see a continuation of Baccano and Vagabond anime
Feb 25, 2022 5:42 AM

Jul 2017
About damn time, whether it's a remake or a continuation. I prefer it being remade completely from scratch with better production, it's been that long where a remake is cool. I didn't like season 2's drama much when rewatching it and from the novels I read before putting it on hiatus, it felt somewhat repetitive for me but hopefully with this new anime and the potential production this could have, this anime could boost my experience with this series by a lot and make it good throughout. A complete adaptation sounds probable too albeit being 17 volumes + side stories after. I'm just glad to see this happen again after all this time in spite my mixed feelings for the franchise for now. I do own all the volumes so maybe this announcement was the kick I needed to get fully invested into the books and see where this all goes.
Feb 25, 2022 6:07 AM

May 2019
I hope they'll keep the original seiyuus~
Anyways, really looking forward to this, whether it's a continuation or a remake!
Feb 25, 2022 6:15 AM
Jan 2017
Nice! I really need to catch up on this show...
Feb 25, 2022 7:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gee, talk about a surprise this! Stunning key visual too.

Hoping for more romantic developments. I don't really understand too much finance matters.

Right up there at the top of the "never give up hope on anime sequels" list.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 25, 2022 7:21 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Truly shows that everything is possible now.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 25, 2022 7:28 AM

Sep 2019
HOLY CRAP. I wasn't expecting this to be remade/continued, time to continue the original spice & wolf :3
Feb 25, 2022 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
WTF IS HAPPENING, Man i love 2022 now, cote and This? hell yeah man
Feb 25, 2022 8:41 AM

Aug 2018
Now i hope No Game No Life S2 will also be announced soon 😍
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Feb 25, 2022 9:10 AM
Feb 2016
INSTANT ANIME OF THE YEAR!!
Feb 25, 2022 9:18 AM

Dec 2020
Guess it's a good time to read the LN for this.

Feb 25, 2022 9:54 AM

Dec 2009
Fuck yes! I've been hoping for a reboot for years. I wanna cry, lol.
I wonder which studio is working on it. They better do a full faithful adaption to the novel of which I never read yet.

... Can anyone translate the text of the PV?
waalex11Feb 25, 2022 10:11 AM
Feb 25, 2022 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
Holy Shit!

Haven't been keeping up with anime in a while now and the first time a got a little curios and see what's up I got this news. I'm damn near speechless!

Will be however approaching with cautious optimism about this new remake/continuation whatever it is!
Feb 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2020
TODAY IS A HISTORIC AS WE MARK THE RETURN OF HOLO'S SHOW!!! AFTER MANY YEARS OF CONTRACT DISPUTES, HOLO HAS BROUGHT HER SHOW BACK TO US! HOLO! HOLO! HOLO! HOLO! HOLO!
Feb 25, 2022 11:46 AM

Aug 2010
OMFG WHAT??! DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

Feb 25, 2022 12:34 PM

Jul 2019
I never gave this work a chance, maybe I'll change my mind when this project comes out.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Feb 25, 2022 12:39 PM

Feb 2013
All in for a new adaptation. Let's stick closer to the source and get Cole in there.
Feb 25, 2022 12:53 PM

May 2020
EPIC. I really didn't expect this series to get another sequel, really looking forward to it! c:
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Feb 25, 2022 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
I found out about 4 hours ago, and I'm still unable to process it, lol.
Feb 25, 2022 1:51 PM
Dec 2007
Master_32 said:
No way! I just finished watching "Spice and wolf" yesterday. Thought the ending was satisfactory but a new season or ova really can't hurt.
You're in for a treat, the anime didn't even get to the good parts of the LN lol
Feb 25, 2022 3:20 PM

Sep 2016
Hopefully this is not a reboot but a sequel...:s
bruh
Feb 25, 2022 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
Ronninn said:
Is this the price of WW3?

With all these announcements, anything is possible.

This announcement alone can stop WW3, someone needs to show this to Vladdy
Feb 25, 2022 8:23 PM
May 2019
This is great news. Now maybe we can get sequels to Chivalry of a Failed Knight, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, No Game No Life, Eromanga Sensei, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, Watamote, Domestic Girlfriend, High School of the Dead and A Sister's All You Need.
Feb 25, 2022 9:26 PM

Mar 2021
TweedleDane said:
I am just ....... Speechless. Just speechless . There is no way anyone in this whole wide world expected this . No way .

This has been quite a wild week ..... COTE , Rushia , and now this . Come to think about it , it has been quite a wild start to this year ...

Funny thing is there was an announcement about this a few months back. It was vague but certainly referring to this announcement....also, in that same announcement was mention of something for Toradora!! I am completely beside myself about this new Spice and Wolf, as it's my favorite series, and Toradora is in my top 10 as well, so if the upcoming announcement is Toradora Season 2 I may legit die of excitement.

Also, RIP Rushia, I will miss her forever BUT her VA already created a new Youtube channel so while Rushia is gone, the person is still going to be here with us! She created the channel in the past 2-4 days.
Feb 25, 2022 9:51 PM
Sep 2016
I've seen such announcement a few days back, I passed it out as just mere rumours/hoax.
Is this for freaking real!? I don't care if we got a reboot or a sequel, as long as they'll commit to adapt it to the end this time.

KainiusTheGreat said:
TweedleDane said:
I am just ....... Speechless. Just speechless . There is no way anyone in this whole wide world expected this . No way .

This has been quite a wild week ..... COTE , Rushia , and now this . Come to think about it , it has been quite a wild start to this year ...

....also, in that same announcement was mention of something for Toradora!

Is the Toradora LN even still has mats beyond what the anime has adapted!? If so, that'll also be great news!
uncleqrowFeb 25, 2022 9:55 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 26, 2022 12:05 AM

Dec 2015
KainiusTheGreat said:
TweedleDane said:

Funny thing is there was an announcement about this a few months back. It was vague but certainly referring to this announcement....also, in that same announcement was mention of something for Toradora!! I am completely beside myself about this new Spice and Wolf, as it's my favorite series, and Toradora is in my top 10 as well, so if the upcoming announcement is Toradora Season 2 I may legit die of excitement.

Also, RIP Rushia, I will miss her forever BUT her VA already created a new Youtube channel so while Rushia is gone, the person is still going to be here with us! She created the channel in the past 2-4 days.

ahh, Toradora already came to us with 2 seasons. i've got the DVD/BR Part1 and Part2 disks sets right here from NIS America on my shelf next to me. set 1 has 13 eps, set 2 has 12eps and 1 OVA... plus all the extras/specials etc. on each set. so you're thinking of a Season 3 sequel. :)
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Feb 26, 2022 12:23 AM

Dec 2015
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
This is great news. Now maybe we can get sequels to Chivalry of a Failed Knight, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, No Game No Life, Eromanga Sensei, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, Watamote, Domestic Girlfriend, High School of the Dead and A Sister's All You Need.

chivalry, yes i'd like that. got that one on disk! :D i really liked the ending but i just knew it was gonna be a 1 season, 12 eps, pump and dump show to boost source sales. the writing of the final half just screamed 'we know we're getting to a story arc break and we're ending the show exactly on it.'

haruhi, yes i'd like that too.

NGNL... meh... yeah. i'm never holding my breath for that one. it was good. the 'prequel movie' was good. otherwise... shakes head. meh. i do kinda sorta even regret buying those two on disk. i'll probably sell em on Amazon someday.

eromanga, yes i'd like that. funny funny funnnnnny! :D

SN battles? ahh. no. it was good. but not good enough. if they did a bottom-up remake from scratch i'd check it out.

wata? shrug? huh? never heard of it. looked it up, doubt that would ever be up my alley.

DomesGF? no. never. nope. watched the first bit. it was ok. listened and read folks talking about 'the rest of the manga'... annnd nope. from what i know, it turns into a flaming giant dumpster-fire of a manga.

HSOTD? yup. sure. i wouldn't be 100% behind that one, but sure. give it a shot.

sister's all you need? yup! i'd like that one alot. it was funny as hell. :D

you missed one. one i thought should never have stopped at just a 1st season. Knights and Magic. damn gorgeous CGA blending and usage. fun story. OP MC that wasn't crazy op right off the bat... guy grows into it... plus he's a brainiac who gets a new set of tools in his new world to use with his brains. not just thews and slews and slippin in girly parts ooze because his plot armor is so stronk.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Feb 26, 2022 12:41 AM

Dec 2015
now as to the original subject... kick ass yeahhhhsssssshhh! halleluja and passs the wheaties!

i've looked around, i can't find a streaming interweb version(s) of the VR pieces... so. i've just watched my Funimation disks of Law and Hols over. and over. and over. and over. annnd...

ok. quick fact. the Holo calisthenics ... nauuughty! :> ahem ahem. i'm by no means a furry. but. :> THAT definitely rises this shield hero. :>

now as to the commentaries about S2? nani TF? are you talkin bout willis? that was some excellent work. yeahhh, i admit freely it was diff than S1. but it was plenty good enough. the ending ughhh... still irks me to this day.

now. if we get a Fruits Basket full-court press of episodes from page 1 book 1 till whenever the author/artist decided to finish everything off? yep. i'll put that one on my Xmas list if i gotta scour my city for scrap-metal to pay for it. get the Funi crew back on it for the Edub. that was some epic work. :D

if they go for a pure and simple S3 till etc. sequel. aight, i'll have that idea on my Xmas list too.

as to studio? ack. that would be a pickle. who's good but not crazy busy all the time? not Clover Works. those guys do NOT know how to schedule their work, 3 shows this season and 24 thingy's already had to delay 1 episode a week so far.

ooh. ooh. this idea will make some folks cringe and some folks go, 'ooh, now that's a peculiar idea.' SHAFT. BUT! get the Monogatari team back together. the whole shebang. if they've gone elsewhere, heck kidnap them or something. except for one part of the team, those backgrounds and lack of anything other than the characters talking on screen.

art? oh lord. do NOT do the LN art-style. i love it, it's crazy pretty! but. the OP/EP using that art in S1, 2. nope. holy hell nopey with a stick of dynamite up its butt NOPE! somebody i know online slipped me some scans of the LN artist's art book for S&W. gorgeous ART work. i do NOT think it'll work for an anime.

well, that's my five bucks worth on Spice n Wolf :D
Feb 26, 2022 1:37 AM

Mar 2021
Nisekoi s3 anyone?
Feb 26, 2022 7:39 AM

Feb 2021
I hope this anime goes well.
Feb 26, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2017
More Holo is always good news
Feb 26, 2022 6:47 PM

Aug 2018
Please be a third season and not some ova or some weird vr project
_______I like rocks__
Feb 26, 2022 9:48 PM

Sep 2015
MY ONLY AND FOREVER ONE WAIFU IS RETURNING TO ME. #THISISTHEBESTDAYOFMYLIFE
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
48 minutes ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

12 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

0 by Nioxys »»
Yesterday, 8:39 AM

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - May 13

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.