Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2020 8:50 AM
May 2015
Was apprehensive to watch this because I heard it's like 90% fighting 10% story/plot, but at least the choreography is good. Hopefully fight scenes in jujutsu will be similar cuz but not as rushed.
Jul 6, 2020 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
shane_nichols said:
MegamiRem said:
What do u expect they'll start with how this explaining how this series works? Exploring the world in an anime by yourself is so much better than just some 5 min random blabbering by narrator on world setting at the start of an anime.
The correct term is called info dump and while I would agree, this is done so randomly, but whatever you watch it for the fights and really nothing else because the writing is generic af
In what way is this generic tell me? Also is this ur opionion based on this episode only? Then pls stop dun wanna argue with a guy who only watched one episode.
Jul 6, 2020 8:53 AM
Jun 2015
MegamiRem said:
shane_nichols said:
The correct term is called info dump and while I would agree, this is done so randomly, but whatever you watch it for the fights and really nothing else because the writing is generic af
In what way is this generic tell me? Also is this ur opionion based on this episode only? Then pls stop dun wanna argue with a guy who only watched one episode.
I read the Webcomic. Its boring. Constant fighting most of the time. Thats all this is
Jul 6, 2020 8:53 AM

Feb 2020
Getting that comedy action vibe REAL hard and I love it. Fricking cliffhanger ending 😂
Looking forward to more so hard. I already want a second season damn it
I loooooooove tournaments, so this had a high chance of success for me before it even started lmao
/Btw I wanna read the manhwa after the anime is done/

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jul 6, 2020 8:55 AM
Jun 2020
MegamiRem said:
Coldpain said:
Wth with this first episode. I'm not webtoon reader but this first episode look so fast. I mean like the conversation between mira, jin, and han is to fast. The comedy part is pretty cringe and no explanation at all about this series.
I'm gonna rate 2/5 for now
What do u expect they'll start with how this explaining how this series works? Exploring the world in an anime by yourself is so much better than just some 5 min random blabbering by narrator on world setting at the start of an anime.

The first episode should be interesting and give an expression that is easily understood by the audience. Idk if you are webtoon reader or not but for me who did not know anything about this series is really confused about what is this series about. I'm not saying every first episode of a series need to be as clear as possible but this episode ia absolutely abstract. That's why i'm giving 2/5 for NOW.
Jul 6, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2020
BTW this is DBZ like series
if you are looking for character development (which i can understand) better watch something else
this is more action based
Jul 6, 2020 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Coldpain said:
MegamiRem said:

The first episode should be interesting and give an expression that is easily understood by the audience. Idk if you are webtoon reader or not but for me who did not know anything about this series is really confused about what is this series about. I'm not saying every first episode of a series need to be as clear as possible but this episode ia absolutely abstract. That's why i'm giving 2/5 for NOW.
There's plenty of anime which dive deeper im first episode without any sort of explanation and it's perfectly fine. Anyway sure take ur time and see. There's lots of plot twist coming later.
Jul 6, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Weird and good! Enjoyed every second.
The art, the comedy and a that unique energy.
Big hype on this one.
Jul 6, 2020 8:59 AM

Oct 2017
shane_nichols said:
MegamiRem said:
I read the Webcomic. Its boring. Constant fighting most of the time. Thats all this is
How far have u read? Surely didn't get past first season lol? Cause this is not dragon ball series where only action matters. Sure it's mostly action but the story here is good unlike DB.
Jul 6, 2020 9:00 AM

Feb 2011
That was really fun ! I'm digging the comedy and the animation. I'm sure the characters will grow on me over time. Excited for future episodes.
Jul 6, 2020 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the first episode though webtoon readers are saying that it was not done properly
That comedy and animation is gold though the OP and ED felt a bit off-beat
Jul 6, 2020 9:02 AM

Jan 2018
What an interesting pilot episode.

That prime minister is scary. But it kinda reminds me of Kung Fu Hustle. I wonder what powers does he still have...

As seen from the sneak peek, the chase is quite hilarious especially Yoo Mira getting splattered into the signage. A trio has been formed.

Battle royale? Never expected that since most tournament arcs are based on rankings.

Damn, Man-seok is interesting. Especially voiced by Gin-san aka Sugita-san. His attacks are good.

Animation's quite alright, I hope it wouldn't drop in further episodes. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 6, 2020 9:03 AM
Jun 2020
MegamiRem said:
Coldpain said:

There's plenty of anime which dive deeper im first episode without any sort of explanation and it's perfectly fine. Anyway sure take ur time and see. There's lots of plot twist coming later.

That's why there's a lot bad anime in the first place lol. If this first episode is perfectly fine for you but not for me who did not know anything about this series. The animation is good overall, the fight looks amazing as expected from MAPPA, but for first impression is not good leaving audience in a void. That's all
Jul 6, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2018
Skipped the introduction but the 1st episode was good. The fight scenes were nice too.
Jul 6, 2020 9:06 AM
Jun 2015
MegamiRem said:
shane_nichols said:
How far have u read? Surely didn't get past first season lol? Cause this is not dragon ball series where only action matters. Sure it's mostly action but the story here is good unlike DB.
Enough to drop it. I read Tower of God though because it has much better writing.

Venumidas said:
Opening is fucking Mega Ass.

BUT DAMN THIS IS ACTUALLY SO FUCKING GOOD.

Finally after the Corona drought there is a good show to start off this new season.
The opening fits the show. Its a martial arts tournament with fancy dance moves

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJul 6, 2020 9:21 AM
Jul 6, 2020 9:10 AM
Dec 2018
This will be an enjoyable show but a fucking hell of a rushed mess, so in no universe i can give this a 10. Like they adapt what 7-8 Chapters within 1 episode? Dogshit, but guess that is to be expected, sincee most are here for the fights and not the story which is fine
Jul 6, 2020 9:10 AM
Oct 2019
AnimeFA78N said:
Okay guys i need to ask something
hows this episode is compare to TOG Episode 1?
pls give me your thoughts?

Umm. TOG's first episode had a better story but God of Highschool first episode is fun and energetic. Plus the fighting was pretty good
Jul 6, 2020 9:13 AM
Mar 2017
MegamiRem said:
shane_nichols said:

What are you talking about? Better than DB. This shit is not better than anything cause literally after the timeskip it becomes a complete pile of shit. Don't even try to compare those two.
Jul 6, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Fantastic first episode, loved every second of it - that is exactly the kind of pace I need XD Felt like 5 minutes, can't wait for the next one !!
Jul 6, 2020 9:17 AM
Oct 2019
I think a good first episode is might to hook you in and I AM HOOKED!
The animation was pretty good
OP AND ED was FUCKING AMAZING-it fits the theme that GOD OF HIGHSCHOOL IS REPRESENTING; that is anime is going to be FUN and ACTION PACKED
The interaction between the 3 main characters- Jin Mo-Ri, Han Da-Wi and Yu Mi-Ra seemed a little rushed
Jul 6, 2020 9:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that was entertaining as heck first up!

Op visuals are right on point and one of the most exhilarating ones from the year already! Music and Song are pretty dope too, even though I'm not usually a fan of dub-steps. Heck, even the ED is great too (visually and song-wise). I didn't think we'd get Op and ED on par with Kami no Tou so fast from these CR Originals, honestly. Soundtracks gets a big OK for me too.

Animation itself is pretty good and I enjoyed some of the action scenes a fair bit. I watched the 5-minute premiere earlier so I know motion capture was integrated here and it looked great! Here's to hoping the quality won't deteriorate too much from here on.

Directing also stood out this episode. Hopefully, we'll be getting the same from JJK next season.

MC pulling down the pants and connecting a blow to the ankle plus the main female lead showing a bit of her fighting prowess were some of the more memorable moments of the episode for me. Prime Minister bit at the start was kind of random but I'm looking forward to seeing how that'll be developed alongside the tournament events. Seems like our MC has had history with these folks, how interesting.

Cliffhanger to end things off and it'll certainly be some wait for more. So far, easily the best first episode of the Season but the big guns have yet to air so maybe it's a little early to call it.

By the way, I noticed a lot of CR and Webtoon advertising. Lol, it's nice to see them being quirky like this.
_MushiRock11_Jul 6, 2020 9:24 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 6, 2020 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
VP2003boi said:
wait bad animation? we watched the same episode right?

Maybe.. I do not know what you watched. But since you seem to be a fan of the original material can you explain why everyone looks like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer?

Animation is good for the first episode, I don't know what's a good animation for you.
For the red nose, the author designed like this, which doesn't disturb me.
Jul 6, 2020 9:23 AM

Mar 2020
I swear those attacks by Mira are totally Demon Slayer rip-offs lol
Jul 6, 2020 9:25 AM

Jun 2013
What a fun episode! I wasn’t disappointed at all, totally worth the hype!! Good job MAPPA.
Jul 6, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2016
The OP is great and the animation is good for a web toon
I am waiting to see what made people so overhyped for this
Jul 6, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2018
I'm very hyped for this, great first episode and I'm calling it now that this show will be one of the best martial arts series to have come out in a long time

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 6, 2020 9:30 AM

May 2015
not bad but why are all ears and noses red? and wth is with the ear form by many ?
Jul 6, 2020 9:30 AM

Jun 2017
That was a great start, im hyped! 5/5
Jul 6, 2020 9:31 AM

Aug 2019
Okay, this was a really entertaining episode. The problems I had were the mc's voice, it seemed a bit grating and the hit or miss comedy scenes, which were mostly miss. But the fights looked pretty cool and the animation is great. Not a fan of the OP but I liked the visuals and the ED is good. Looking forward to more!

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 6, 2020 9:32 AM
Dec 2018
i now just finished the episode. Very weird composition. It seemed like they were missing some in-between animatros since half of the fights were really wacky despite having good key animation. It looked more like 100 pictures back to back in a montage, rather than "animation" per se. I find it hard to describe it but yeah.

They adapted around 7 1/2 chapters this episode... rushed mess.

some fights were decent, the OP is hype. Ill give it a 6/10.

Dont think it will go above 7/10 at the end of the season.

Guess it will reach a similar score like ToG about 8 maybe or less
Jul 6, 2020 9:33 AM
Apr 2020
They changed a lot from what is happening in the webtoon. Not even webtoon readers will predict the future now.
Jul 6, 2020 9:37 AM
Apr 2019
I knew this anime will be promising after watching the trailer. It certainly lives up to its hype like Tower of God. Though I noticed that some things was skipped in the anime, because I read the manhwa before; however, it's still a great for anime only. Props to MAPPA for the Animation. I hope that the next episode will introduce the characters.
Jul 6, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2020
already quite a lot of action from the start which is nice. nothing really special but still interesting to watch. i really loved that chase though when all three of them teamed up that was funny lmao.

i like all of the characters personalities too especially mira (i'm not good at remembering names).

it was quite funny to see korean names and hangul everywhere in an anime as i used to watch a lot korean stuff before lol.
Jul 6, 2020 9:41 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
MAPPA is doing a fine job considering how much I hate this manhwa.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 6, 2020 9:43 AM

Sep 2018
First things first, that OP is absolute fire!

Secondly, based on first episode impressions I'm already enjoying this way more than it's webtoon comrade Tower of God.

The scene where the main characters all meet feels slightly forced and unrealistic (not just because of the munching) — it's obviously happening for plot convenience, but such stuff aside in terms of action and entertainment I did like it. The cast has some vibrant designs as well, I dig how all of the important ones have the nose blush, it's a small thing but it really brings them to life.
Jul 6, 2020 9:45 AM
Nov 2015
Wow, this was so much better than I expected! Sometimes all you need is a simple and fast paced fighting anime.
Jul 6, 2020 9:46 AM
Mar 2020
Looks to be very promising but they cut a lot from the webtoons.
Jul 6, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2019
Ngl that was pretty poggers.

It's been a long time since I remember watching an anime with a Goku like personality if that makes sense....
Jul 6, 2020 9:49 AM

Mar 2019
When I first tried the webtoon when the anime for this was announced I thought this was gonna be a flop from day one, but i'd still give it a go, turns out this has a chance!
It made me laugh a few times, and Mira is genuinely likeable. I'm not very big on the whole fighting thing though, so a few points down for that.
The two big problems I had with this episode were the streamer-rapper guy that just made me want to die, and the super obvious CR and webtoon adverts on the ring apron in the intro and in a background in the actual episode, other than that this was fine
Animation is average, I expected better from the guys trusted with the final season of AoT, but oh well, I still have high hopes for that animation-wise.

This by far trumps ToG's first episode, this is the better of the two "webtoon anime" so far.
Jul 6, 2020 9:49 AM
Jun 2019
Rider9530 said:
They skipped a few stuff from the webtoon and the pacing is really fast but i think that this episode was overall pretty good.
i think that Will be axplain in next episode
Jul 6, 2020 9:52 AM

May 2019
Holy Shit that was a pretty good first episode
so far i am pretty happy with this

5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 6, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2019
Yea tbh,if we're going to compare this opening vs the ToG one,the latter wins BY FAR. I don't like this opening but I like the visuals and another thing that I hate is the role that crunchyroll plays in this anime.So far I love both Daewi and Mori but I'm meh towards the girl. Loved the action tho, it was hard keeping with what was happening at the end but I loved it and also kinda hate the battle royale thing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 6, 2020 9:54 AM

Apr 2009
Imagine in a casual anime for a guy to go up to girls and say that he likes their bodies, so they strip and pose for him...
Jul 6, 2020 10:11 AM

Feb 2014
Well, the show is pretty funny, wasn't expecting it to make me laugh that many times tbh, hopefully it keeps the amount of jokes consistent like this.
Jul 6, 2020 10:14 AM
May 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
VP2003boi said:
wait bad animation? we watched the same episode right?

Maybe.. I do not know what you watched. But since you seem to be a fan of the original material can you explain why everyone looks like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer?
you gave arifureta a 9 and complain about visuals? Interesting...
Jul 6, 2020 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
I normally don't like action shows (yes, I know, it's weird), but I thought I'd give this one a go because the OP was kinda catchy. It was actually pretty interesting.

EDIT: It was also pretty funny; I found myself laughing quite a few times. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 6, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2020
Great start! I love the energy and comedy. I don't know the source material so I'm assuming the 3 kids involved im the bike chase are the 3 main characters. If so, I like them already. From the busted alarm clock guy to the "I love muscles" girl to the hard working guy, they all seem interesting.
Jul 6, 2020 10:19 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty good action and animation, but I think it might have been a bit too fast-paced with too little story. Also, what's with everyone having red noses and cauliflower ear? Still, seeing as it's only the first episode out of thirteen, it's a bit idiotic to judge it so early, so I'll watch and see how it continues.
Jul 6, 2020 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
OweynLupton said:
Pretty good action and animation, but I think it might have been a bit too fast-paced with too little story. Also, what's with everyone having red noses and cauliflower ear? Still, seeing as it's only the first episode out of thirteen, it's a bit idiotic to judge it so early, so I'll watch and see how it continues.

The red noses is just a part of the artstyle choices from the webtoon pretty much. For the series in a way, its a trademark lol.
Jul 6, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2012
ElGoblino said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

And here ladies and gentlemen we have someone that doesn't know shit about art and animation but he likes to talk and give his opinion and thinks both are same thing. The guy asks him how does this show have bad animation when in fact it's actually great and he responds with why everyone has red noses which has nothing to do animation. Facepalm

well animation has been a passion of mine for over 20 years , studied it, created some 2d, 3d, game animation, done my share of art both in pencil and digital (see deviantart page with same name) but is clear I have no idea what I am talking about. True good animation accounts for the mechanics of biological bodies that have bones and muscles and respond to physical laws but hey that does not matter, right?
MegamiRem said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Is this a bad clone of DOA from someone that seems unable to properly draw a human nose for some reason? I mean I have trouble with them as well but I do not make everyone look like they are drunk or having a flu. Also the drawing style is really bad

I liked TOG but his one is really bad I mean bad visuals bad animation and almost nothing is explained, the comedy falls flat and so on
Bad visual? Bad animation? Lmao wut? Care to elaborate what good animation and visuals are then lmao?
Good animation takes into account the laws of physics and makes movements look natural. Also about the visuals they are supposed to represent real human being but there are a ton of parts not well drawn at all.
Dust_Eyezz said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

you gave arifureta a 9 and complain about visuals? Interesting...

Arifureta had bad visuals? Interesting... I do not like this because it does not use shading (except for the noses which makes look weird) and the drawings look either sketchy or ... how to put this... with too many corners. Also Arifureta had a great story . This is a dime a dozen. I have read at least 10 korean manga with the exact same story as this anime.
nightcrawlercypJul 6, 2020 10:32 AM
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

240 by BigBoyAdvance »»
May 31, 6:25 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

287 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.