Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 10, 2017 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
lol at the whole class drawing Lelouch.
lol at Rivalz.
Ogi getting them bento's from Villetta.
Kero Kero Kero
Don't worry, Lelouch. Nunnally only likes Suzaku as a friend. She is yours forever.
Rakshata appears.
No, Kallen. The synchronization rate won't increase with that outfit. I just wanted to see your fine self in a sexy outfit.
Oh, shit! Rakshata actually said it wouldn't increase. lol
Suzaku was trained by Todo back then.
lol at Lloyd.
Oh shit! Dat insert song. Mikio!
Lelouch and Todo finally learn who the pilot is.
Lelouch is shook.
lol at Lloyd's password.
Euphie takes Lelouch's knight for Nunnally away from him.
Dat ED! Dat laugh. So amazing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 5, 2017 6:39 AM

Jan 2014
what the, I thought they are all already know that it's Suzaku.

good thing Todo joined the party.
Jun 29, 2017 12:38 AM

May 2015
that evil laugh near the end though i r8 10/10.
Jul 30, 2017 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
Wait, did Lelouch really not know?
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 12, 2017 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
So, they chose the amnesia way just to create a Shirley sub-intrigue? -_-
Being already into the second quarter of the show, I doubt its abilities to provide a conclusion. But after all, the excitement is the main goal, right?

Interesting to see that Lelouch plans to disappear or die, but his aborted attempt to marry his sister to their friend was... awkward.

3.5+/5

Crazy laughing hero scene and sexy scientist/engineer in coat:
Coolnessl factor +2 (17)

@CodeBlazeFate For your info, this is the episode where he learns about Suzaku's job. Though, seems like many people more into the series tan me didn't even realize until now. ^^"
Aug 15, 2017 1:58 AM

May 2013
Nuuuuu, I wanted Kururugi to protect Nunally, NOT Euphy Dx ugh. Fuckin bitch.
Oct 23, 2017 12:07 AM

Dec 2014
lelounch is becoming more and more insane by every episode
Mar 10, 2019 12:33 PM
Apr 2016
So, Lelouch finally learnt that it was Suzaku ALL along... Really good episode, Lelouch went psycho at the end.
Jun 2, 2019 1:58 PM
Feb 2017
Lelouch finally finds out Suzaku is the White Knight. Looks like he is starting to lose his mental like Mao.
Jun 3, 2019 10:09 PM

Sep 2017
Rest in peace Lelouch's sanity.

I love Euphie slowly beginning to rebel against the racism the Japanese have to undergo. It's pretty disgusting having to witness all the Japanese have to put up with. Lelouch finally knows Suzaku pilots the Lancelot. It will be interesting to see what Lelouch does from here. What was that paper Shirley found? Will she regain her memories? Is that even possible?

Next episode is called "An Order for Suzaku." Will Lelouch use Geass on Suzaku? What kind of thing would he command? Or is it an order as in military terms?
Jun 26, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2014
That was a really good episode, except maybe for Zero's laugh at the end skljdfksjd
Jul 9, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2007
Suzaku ribbiting was kinda funny.

Oct 28, 2019 11:39 PM

Aug 2018
Now this episode was Awesome
Feb 8, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2017
Oh wow, I thought Lelouch already knew Suzaku was the white knight...I wonder how he'll proceed. I'm thinking he's gonna use Geass on him.
May 2, 2020 9:59 AM

Feb 2020
wow this was tense! and what a dramatic reveal. nice

and lelouch finally got his madman laughter moment. also nice.
Aug 17, 2020 7:49 PM

May 2015
It's finally been revealed to lelouch. He doesn't seem to be taking it well with all the mad laughter.
Sep 19, 2020 7:13 AM
Jul 2020
Damn, Lelouch figured out it was Suzaku all along. That laugh was psychotic.
Nov 26, 2020 8:36 PM

Jan 2016
I really liked this show in the beginning. It started to fall off a bit at about the halfway point though. Really hard to tell what direction the show will take from here, but I look forward to finding out.
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Feb 16, 2021 7:36 AM

Sep 2017
Lelouch's expressions are truly something.

Kallen can hear you you know.

Poor Lelouch. Just when he wanted to confess to suzaku that he wanted him to protect Nunnally, Cecile just has to crash that moment. He can never catch a break, can he.

Poor Suzaku keeps getting bullied. But looks like that is gonna change with Euphy just declaring Suzaku as her knight out of nowhere. Damn, it is like the universe is conspiring to keep Suzaku out of Lelouch's reach even more and more.

Lelouch really gives a great speech to Tohdoh about how his job ain't fucking over yet. Very nice speech really.

The 4 holy swords seriously give a great damn fight. And to think they almost had Suzaku.

Lelouch is really something to be prepared to analyse Suzaku's moves.

Also Lelouch is familiar with Rakshata for her medical qualifications. Wonder why. Maybe it was because of Nunnally I guess.

Shirley is starting to catch on to her past memories maybe.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 7, 2021 5:23 AM

Mar 2019
I honestly thought LuLu knew who was controlling the white mech all this time but I guess not. Seems like he is going more and more insane. I do hope he won't end up like a certain other vigilante.
OωO
Jun 8, 2021 4:53 PM

Aug 2018
Finally Lelouch knows! But oh god can Kururugi fuck off PLSSSSSSSS

Jun 26, 2021 4:52 PM

Apr 2018
Finally they met each other on the battlefield. Took 17 episodes but we're there. Lellouch finally knows the person who's controlling the White Robot. Seems like he's going crazy in the end. Great episode!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 4, 2021 3:54 AM
Aug 2020
How the heck did Lelouch NOT know it was Suzaku inside the robot all this time?! That was supposed to be a big reveal?
Jul 6, 2021 3:33 PM
Jan 2017
Storm1988 said:
How the heck did Lelouch NOT know it was Suzaku inside the robot all this time?! That was supposed to be a big reveal?
how the heck would he know??
Jul 15, 2021 7:00 AM

Jun 2021
another outstanding episode. the man lelounch selected guard to his younger sister.he is working with enemy.and becoming euphemia knight.really lelouch shocked and smiling like crazy. suzaku going to change the country by pretending to be a honorary brittanian obeying every orders killing his own people.what this man never sees his country with his opened eyes?this episode have very good combat with mecha though.
Sep 18, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
Lelouch went through all the 4 stages of grief denial anger depression and then acceptance
Oct 7, 2021 3:24 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, Lelouch finally found out that Suzaku is the pilot of Lancelot
Oct 29, 2021 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
I think my only gripe with this series is that they sometimes pull things out of their asses. Since we haven't got a detailed explanation on how the different types of mechs work and whatnot, they're basically free to pull whatever they want to move the plot, like the white mech suddenly shooting 4 whatchamacallit simultaneously while he's overwhelmed, and so it goes.

This episode was 1000x better than the last, at least. Episode 16 as a whole was just dumb.
Oct 29, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2016
Storm1988 said:

It was never revealed for Lelouch's character. We as an audience knew the entire time, but Lelouch never found out, until now.
What Lelouch knew: Suzaku is working for the military; Suzaku was to be executed, so he saved him; He caught a short glimpse of Suzaku's memories when C.C. touched his mech and Lelouch at the same time, but he didn't know what it was.

I do agree it was a pretty weak reveal, since we've know this for a long time now. Even if the characters didn't know and you get to see their reactions, it still doesn't have much of an impact on the viewer. And of course this is based on my experience alone.
Nov 6, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2017
I think the reveal was pretty weak especially when you realized Lelouch knows Suzaku was working for the military all this time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 1, 2022 12:07 AM

Aug 2018
Lelouch's character really became a display of many different emotions during this episode, really makes it all the more interesting
Apr 15, 2022 7:56 PM

Jul 2017
i don't understand why Lelouch was surprised that Suzaku was in the Lancelot
Sep 8, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 2020
good episode, very good episode
Oct 8, 2022 11:29 AM
Mar 2022
I LOVED how it wasn't just Lelouch being surprised, and how the knight thing would take away from Nunally. I think it was great how he started laughing and all with realization, it's just awesome to see everyone realize (including Kallen!!)

Oct 8, 2022 11:31 AM
Mar 2022
JeremiahOrange said:
Lelouch's expressions are truly something.

Kallen can hear you you know.

Poor Lelouch. Just when he wanted to confess to suzaku that he wanted him to protect Nunnally, Cecile just has to crash that moment. He can never catch a break, can he.

Poor Suzaku keeps getting bullied. But looks like that is gonna change with Euphy just declaring Suzaku as her knight out of nowhere. Damn, it is like the universe is conspiring to keep Suzaku out of Lelouch's reach even more and more.

Lelouch really gives a great speech to Tohdoh about how his job ain't fucking over yet. Very nice speech really.

The 4 holy swords seriously give a great damn fight. And to think they almost had Suzaku.

Lelouch is really something to be prepared to analyse Suzaku's moves.

Also Lelouch is familiar with Rakshata for her medical qualifications. Wonder why. Maybe it was because of Nunnally I guess.

Shirley is starting to catch on to her past memories maybe.

I totally agree, very well written. About Kallen possibly hearing him laugh - I hope she might reflect on it or maybe piece things together another time, but... I doubt she's interested in who Zero is behind the mask. She's loyal that way I feel
Jan 8, 2023 4:55 PM
Dec 2021
as others have already said, I think (or at least hope?) he hasn't gone insane yet, it's just that he doesn't know how to cope with all of this at once and well, he doesn't really seem the type to cry... I mean, even I would probably react in a similarly weird way because you have to admit it's a complete shock

I wonder if it's possible to get the erased memories back - if that paper really is what Shirley wrote before, and not just something to confuse us - kinda like with touching the Death note (haven't thought of it at first but after reading this thread and seeing comparisons to Light's laugh I thought maybe Geass is not failproof either?). 

this just keeps getting better and better, I hope the end won't be disappointing, like it's unfortunately happened in a lot of other shows I've thought were great at first...
I wonder if people around Lelouch (mainly Karren and Suzaku) are going to find out he's Zero eventually.
Mar 8, 2023 5:52 AM
Feb 2019
That ending is the moment of Kira's laugh lmao
May 19, 2023 10:08 PM
May 2017
He finally knows his Suzuka is the pilot of the white Knightmare.
Aug 24, 2023 10:39 AM
Jul 2020
Tremendo capituloo simplemente perfecto, el rescate de Tohdoh (nose si se escribe así) fue interesante de ver y estaré atento a como se desarrollan estando juntos (Zero y Tohdoh)

En cuanto a la Aparición de Susaku: ya tenía ganas de que lulu se enterara que susaku era quien manejaba el caballero blanco, nose que planes tenga pero por como termino pienso que querra eliminarlo, tal vez no matarlo pero si darlo de baja. Tremendo episodio simplemente 5/5
Oct 26, 2023 9:03 PM

May 2023
Lelouch honey... your Light Yagami is showing...
Nov 17, 2023 5:05 PM
Oct 2023
wow so many twists, really lovve this series, so Suzaku is gonna be Euphemias knight, and now everyone knows Suzaku is the man operating Lancelot.will be interesting how that goes, and how Lelouch, Todo and Kallen will respond to it. the new character seems interesting too.Lelouch seemed to have lost it at the end. He wanted Suzaku to protect Nunally but now hes his enemy it seems. wow i want to say a lot more but all i can say is this series is a masterpiece
Feb 11, 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
This episode is one of the show's many retorts to brainless Suzaku haters, in that it shows his subtle impact on changing society's views on Elevens. His intimate relationship with the princess, and her willingness to accept him opens the slow but steady path to change in Brittania's perception and prejudice of their subjects.

That is why the show is so compelling. Watching Lelouch's fast but violent methods clash against Suzaku's painstakingly slow integration.

I think ultimately the show's themes depict Lelouch's as more harmful in the long run, and implies that his terrorism would have been more effective during or in the immediate aftermath of Brittania's invasion, rather than when this story is actually set. So much time has now passed, that Suzaku's method of opening a pathway into the upper echelons of power for other Elevens to follow is the more sensible way to create a semblance of equality.

It's the fact that his method will take so long that most critics don't seem to understand, causing them to dismiss him as a childish naive pacifist. Was every pacifist leader of change in our own history childish? Was Martin Luther King childish? His efforts and sacrifice had a profound impact on the US's treatment of black people, and he didn't have to murder thousands of people to cause change. That is what Suzaku ultimately hopes for. Meanwhile Lelouch's motivations, though cathartic to witness, are fuelled by revenge and rage, and the bodycount around him piles up, creating a ripple effect of more violence.

There is definitely a time for violence, I'm not at all implying it's not effective. Many a people have had to defend themselves from oppression with violence, as they should have. But that's the genius of this show's premise, the ability to tear a viewer in half as they witness two characters go about righting wrongs in their own way. But it's clear the most compelling arc is of Lelouch slowly being corrupted by his supernatural power.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 17, 3:39 AM
Jul 2021
Suzaku is def the Sakura of good moments but the Sasuke this show
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

147 by zartroce »»
May 3, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

30 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.