Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 9, 2018 1:55 AM

Jan 2018
HA! Serves that cheater right. Glad he disappeared. Still have no idea what's going on in terms of story, but I'm somewhat hooked.

I still hate the ending theme. The breaks between the strumming of the guitar pisses me off.

May 19, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2018
Man , that game was so crappy, it was unbearably boring to watch, hopefully no more of that staff further on down the road.
Dec 17, 2018 9:51 AM

May 2013
2nd ep was a lot better than the first ep :D

I wonder where Manabu went :0
I dislike cheaters tho and he looked so evil doing it xD

The little competition was fun to watch ^-^
Jan 21, 2019 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
The ball game was so incredibly dull. Thankfully the last third of the episode made up for it.
Nov 11, 2019 2:08 PM

Feb 2017
The Emperor of Delight. I'd like to be called that too.
Jan 25, 2020 12:10 AM

Dec 2018
I bet the Queerats are once a human.

Now I'm certain that teacher is hiding something by the way he called that incident an accident and later Manabu vanished.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 9, 2020 8:36 AM
Aug 2016
at least the cheater is punished, the only good thing that happen in this episode.
Apr 30, 2020 12:41 PM

Jan 2019
i wonder what the rats were saying when they got rescued. It looked like they were pleading for mercy almost like they expected punishment. If true it definitely foreshadows how they're really treated.
candies:

May 24, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2020
Oh god of course we gotta have the girl that acts like a cunt and hit guys type of character. the show is already boring as is and now we gotta deal with these retarded ass characters
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 25, 2020 5:24 AM

Jan 2020
This show doesn't have any opening, huh? The ending is brilliant, though.

That game looks kinda fun. To be honest, it seems like a modified version of Football/Soccer. But it still looks entertaining.

Young Saki looks so adorable! And FBI, don't open up. I'm just saying she looks really adorable. Nothing else.
Nov 2, 2020 4:43 PM

Jul 2017
I won't lie, the ball game reminded me of one of my university group assignments during a robotics class, except that we couldn't use minds to control anything lol. Regarding the episode itself, I still find the cast to be flat but the setting to still be interesting, especially the folk tales that are narrated from many years prior to current events, as well as the rules of the usage of Cantus and other rules in general too. It paints a really gruesome yet fascinating picture of the world without revealing much about it still. The visuals to portray the flashback in the beginning were really abstract and well done too.

The part where Saki uses her Cantus too to help the creatures feels fascinating too, especially given how we have seen cases where if you make too many errors or cause too much trouble somehow, they seemingly disappear. Feels like big problems are about to happen soon but I'll have to see what happens later on.

I will say though, while there are aspects of the episode and show I like so far writing wise, it also feels a bit all over the place at the same time and a tad too loose with its writing structure. Atleast the music still delivers quite a bit for me.
Dec 24, 2020 2:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This anime just feels so elitist to me

edit: LOL look at me over a year ago, so ignorant! Yeah it's not so bad.
BetaMaleUltraFeb 11, 2022 2:38 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 4, 2022 12:20 PM
Nov 2020
Wait...what do you mean "nobody cared??" Lmaoo so no one really gonna question that a classmate of theirs disappeared out of the blue?? Someone explain
Feb 11, 2022 2:36 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The teacher with the low-key massive flex with that huge stone ball tho

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2022 5:28 AM

Feb 2021
I didn't understood what happened in the first few minutes but then it was okay and I didn't bothered much to understand the rules of the game.
Apr 26, 2022 3:18 PM

Jan 2020
I guess there is no OP? Just an ED? Shame, the ED is really good.

Anyway, that stone ball game was pretty neat. I'm usually not much about sports, no matter what form they take. But, it was more interesting than I expected.

And, as if the first episode was evident enough, it's clearly dystopian in that "problem child" are being made to disappear. Granted, that cheater had it coming for acted so haughty. I just wonder if he had been forthcoming about it and show any remorse if he'd been spared? How deep does this go? Cause the teacher has yet to bat an eye about any of it.

At least this is 25 episodes, so I'm expecting a pretty big payoff of reveals and information as we draw closer to the end. I've been watching too many unsatisfying 1-cour shows lately, I'm ready for something good.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 11, 2023 4:55 AM
Jul 2022
This episode expanded on the powers the kids are able to use. It seems to be a form of telekinesis, and where this may be typical or cliche in other works, it's involvement in Shinsekai Yori was interesting and fun to me, particularly the sand sketching and the rock game. I liked them because they felt like interesting ways at displaying how they can or will be able to use their powers, as well it introduced us to the rock game which was fun and interesting to follow. More of the sinister undertones are at display here, because of the uncertain fates of losers of the game. As well we were introduced to these little monsters, fiends that exist in the world, which will be interesting to see more variations of. The episode did more to expand on parts of the genuinely interesting seeming and unique world that the story presents, and I like it. Thus far, however, an endpoint or primary goal for the series i nowhere in sight, but I can forgive that as I don't feel like my time is being wasted. You can tell the first few episodes are likely there to build intrigue in the viewer and prepare us for what could and will be, and it does so successfully in my opinion.
Jul 23, 2023 2:56 AM

Jul 2022
Rewatching this very unique anime and still love every second of it 
Dec 27, 2023 9:06 AM

Sep 2017
What an annoying and slow paced episode. Why get so worked up over a stupid school competition?
خ
Jan 29, 7:36 PM
Mar 2019
i like, good initial episodie.
Feb 6, 12:19 PM

Aug 2020
Knowing about the rats x humans outcome really makes this last scene different... Now let's see how the issue with the ball game will work out.

Feb 11, 3:40 AM

Oct 2022
I like the detail where the stories they read aloud so far in class applied both in their life but, at the same time, seem to be part of the education/conditioning the village imposes on them.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.