Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's almost impossible to have a peaceful life in this show but hey, there were some peace and quiet this episode. Plus, the characters got to enjoy some well deserved baths.

Oto is also starting to become more important in this series since her introduction. Would love to see more character development and expand her storytelling in this show.
May 1, 6:59 AM

Dec 2021
The highly anticipated bath episode has arrived!

In this city, many signs bear exclamation marks. Among them is the elusive Phantom 27th Warning Sign, indicating traces of something inhuman. While Sumireko remains unable to perceive it, the Adashino siblings can. Meanwhile, the tranquil Midori Bookstore resonates with the call of a cuckoo, as it often does. Then, Uname-sensei arrives, appearing relieved but still adorned with horns sprouting from her head. Returning to her peaceful daily routine, Sumireko spends her holiday absorbed in writing. As she boosts her creative spirits with cherry blossom wine, she receives a message from Ren asking her to care for Oto for "2 or 3 days." And there, on the doorstep, stands Oto.

A well-deserved break for our characters after the last mystery. How refreshing. Oto's tsundere behavior always brings a smile to my face. I wonder who this "Oji-san" is who can tend to wounds? Clearly not a licensed doctor since they lack insurance. That's typical at a public bathhouse in Japan. The person at the counter is supposed to turn a blind eye to people changing, regardless of gender. And speaking of snacks, those old-fashioned treats like granola bars, plain rice cakes, crackers, and cheese—maybe even moon pies. You don't see many kids eating them these days, but they're delicious, especially when warmed up.

Another mystery is definitely on the horizon, and that mystery has to involve this "John Doe" guy.

May 1, 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
Well, Uname-sensei has her issues resolved, but Sumireko and Ren are still far from over.

A sleepover with the Adashino siblings...Oto only and Sumireko, she thought that she'd be having the day off to herself, only to realize a stray black cat reeling into her apartment, and her having to take care of Oto while Ren is off for a few days recovering from Uname-sensei's Ushi-oni incident. Oto digging her own grave to help spring clean Sumireko's place, and for a bath thereafter together, she can help but think that her brother is reeled in by her big boobs. But her being stalked by a girl, which just so happens to be the bathhouse's daughter Mari, she's in deep fetish psych. Serving up ramen to build up friendship, resting at her place and going to school together, it's the daily life as usual.

Ren seeing a Marker and meeting one of his trade buddies, he's subsequently warned not to use his Eyes, in a neighbourhood that has more Curiosities awaiting him. But if Oto sees him in this way, she would be sad...

An intermission episode, this is one.
May 1, 7:57 AM
Sep 2021
Sumireko & Ota together spend the time, having a good time enjoying the company of one another. Nice bonding/development episode for them.
May 1, 8:03 AM
Jul 2016
4 episodes in, and I still have no idea what the heck is going on in this anime. 😂
May 1, 9:21 AM
Feb 2021
I love the chill SoL vibes of this ep, even as it dripfeeds us Ren's eye troubles and the siblings' circumstances. No spoilers, but I assume they're ghost siblings from the war age who got waylaid into the living world? They adapted wonderfully.

Ugh I love Sumi taking care of Oto 😊😊😊 Occhan's delight at life's little joys remind me of cute relatives so much 😊😊😊😊😊😊🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
May 1, 9:23 AM

May 2019
Yeah this is a weird/bizarre anime that is somewhat confusing to follow but at least this episode was more SoL-ish. Oto, whom I thought was younger than 15, was funny to watch with the things she said and how she reacted such as when she punched Sumireko's boob for no reason other than Sumireko being very busty lol.

On a more serious note, Ren is in a dark area filled with curiosities although he's there to get eye treatment, and there's also a new mysterious girl named Mari whom seems to have an obsession with underwear. I have no idea where this series is going but at least it has fanservice going for it, and it looks like the ecchi tag was recently added.
May 1, 9:43 AM

Jul 2011
Oto feared the strong and felt threaten, so she slapped those imposing boobs.

If the main plan of going to whatever they need to go, fails, we just had a nice episode of Oto bonding with her possible sister-in-law.
May 1, 9:56 AM

Jul 2022
It's nice to see Oto and Sumireko spending time together. It's possible that Oto sees Sumireko as an older sister figure over time. What's still a mystery is the past of Oto and Ren, and now even more so with Ren's eyes.
May 1, 9:56 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

quiet but some info about our characters...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 1, 10:09 AM

Dec 2010
Possibly the most censored episode yet. Why adapt two volume exlusive fanservice chapters when you're gonna nerf them anyway? Just skip them and get on with the main story, or add them as uncensored BD extras instead. Half-assing these things will just leave both sides unsatisfied.
Why did they leave out sensei from the bath scene and sleepover though? They're also really making it obvious with the cat. Oto is adorable as ever, need more of her!
May 1, 10:18 AM
Oct 2019
and more beautiful eyes, I want to see more how they will turn out, if he will leave her and go with his sister, or will he stay with her
May 1, 11:05 AM
Oct 2020
Nice mystery series, great production, acceptable they make more fanservice on anime, mystery anime now hard to compete with isekai anime
May 1, 11:48 AM
Aug 2021
Of course since Kadokawa is producing I wasn't expecting anything for the bath scene, but it's even more unfaithful than cutting nudity. Uname is completely absent from the bath scene and Mari (Oto's classmate from earlier) gets replaced with her mother as the receptionist at the bath so she can't perv out watching them undress like she did in the manga.
Embarrassing.
The show can't decide if it wants to be "mature" or show crumbs of fanservice, not like being actually mature and having nudity and fanservice is mutually exclusive anyway, but these foolish companies and studio directors think it is. Completely cutting any and all fanservice and just going completely anime original on the story would have been less insulting than running an adult series through a PG filter at this point. No creative integrity or respect for the source material at Kadokawa and Zero-G whatsoever.
May 1, 11:50 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to DarkDooM2
Possibly the most censored episode yet. Why adapt two volume exlusive fanservice chapters when you're gonna nerf them anyway? Just skip them and get on with the main story, or add them as uncensored BD extras instead. Half-assing these things will just leave both sides unsatisfied.
Why did they leave out sensei from the bath scene and sleepover though? They're also really making it obvious with the cat. Oto is adorable as ever, need more of her!
@DarkDooM2 BDs don't really do much these days, especially in the uncensoring department. Regardless, this episode is nearly as bad as Maid Dragon's bath scene with all the girls, though that still takes the cake as it was an OVA so KyoAni could have gotten away with way, way more since "broadcasting" is not an excuse, but they still kept it extremely tame since their MO is keeping things as sterile as possible.
May 1, 12:30 PM

Feb 2019
Getting drunk midday and watching the Sakura trees in bloom by yourself is crazy.. but relatable. Chill and fun episode today with Occhan and Sumireko bonding. A nice slice of life episode after all the craziness of the last couple.

Even though she’s a tsundere, you can tell Oto really looks up to Sumireko and sees her as an older sister figure. She and Ren’s family was a big theme of this episode and it’s definitely not a coincidence. I’m guessing they got summoned from a different time period to the modern age which explains the portal scene as well as the end credits scene.

Not a ton of story stuff this ep but the fanservice was really good for both girls. The Onsen scene with Oto punching Sumireko titties purely for existing was funny and a nice changing scene for both girls, so fans of big booba and flat is justice people ate good today.

Oto’s stomach growling and looking all depressed when she thought Sumireko really just got her some snacks for breakfast was so cute! She surprised her with some well deserved McDonald’s.
Marinate1016May 1, 1:20 PM
May 1, 12:44 PM
Apr 2021
Oto is SOOOOOO cute I’m so happy we got an episode focused on her even though barely any plot moved it was still fun and relaxing to see Sumireko and Oto just chilling being taken care of by Sumireko, I love Oto’s quiet shy attitude mixed in with the long hair and bangs combo + those circular purple eyes she’s adorably perfect and the little bit of fanservice when she was changing was *chefs kiss*🥰🥰🥰😍🥰🥰

I love how this episode was basically nothing, no plot was being moved it was fun chill vibes with Sumireko and Oto the entire episode😭

So what’s happening with Ren’s eyes? Them shits are red and bloody looking, it looks bro doesn’t have much longer to live so he’s tryna send Oto back home☹️

I’m seeing ppl complaining at the fact that this studio adapted one of the most fanservice-y manga chapters only to not include them so I’m definitely reading the manga after this show ends so I can see the peak that I missed
May 1, 1:17 PM

Feb 2019
Treyv0n said:
Oto is SOOOOOO cute I’m so happy we got an episode focused on her even though barely any plot moved it was still fun and relaxing to see Sumireko and Oto just chilling being taken care of by Sumireko, I love Oto’s quiet shy attitude mixed in with the long hair and bangs combo + those circular purple eyes she’s adorably perfect and the little bit of fanservice when she was changing was *chefs kiss*🥰🥰🥰😍🥰🥰

I love how this episode was basically nothing, no plot was being moved it was fun chill vibes with Sumireko and Oto the entire episode😭

So what’s happening with Ren’s eyes? Them shits are red and bloody looking, it looks bro doesn’t have much longer to live so he’s tryna send Oto back home☹️

I’m seeing ppl complaining at the fact that this studio adapted one of the most fanservice-y manga chapters only to not include them so I’m definitely reading the manga after this show ends so I can see the peak that I missed

So based for being an oto enjoyer
May 1, 1:29 PM
Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Treyv0n said:
Oto is SOOOOOO cute I’m so happy we got an episode focused on her even though barely any plot moved it was still fun and relaxing to see Sumireko and Oto just chilling being taken care of by Sumireko, I love Oto’s quiet shy attitude mixed in with the long hair and bangs combo those circular purple eyes she’s adorably perfect and the little bit of fanservice when she was changing was *chefs kiss*🥰🥰🥰😍🥰🥰

So based for being an oto enjoyer

Thank you I love me my shy purple eyed petite characters😊

Forgot to add to my original comment but I also found Oto punching Sumireko’s tiddies for the sole reason that she barely has anything of her own funny asf as well she’s such a Tsundere😫😭
May 1, 1:30 PM

Mar 2022
Might as well remove ecchi tag from this anime.
May 1, 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
Lord help me Sumireko has me insanely down bad. What a woman
May 1, 5:04 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Alright episode. This show has yet to impress me.
May 1, 5:27 PM

Oct 2017
Another episode full of great Sumireko stuff, love her. Imouto chan kawaii, was sweet to see her with Sumireko. I do wonder what the two of them are. Good to see sensei back btw.
May 1, 5:27 PM
Mar 2018
This was a nice change of pace. Having Ogawa and Adashino bonding was a nice character driven episode.
May 1, 5:32 PM

Jun 2019
None of the problems I previously had with the show have magically disappeared or resolved, nor is the show either closer to what I thought it would be or as good as I thought it would be going based off of style of the first episode which seemed as if it had a lot more vision and focus on a story it wanted to tell, but on the other hand, this episode featured an undressing Oto, so I deem it still worth the watch on that basis alone.

I've been disappointed with the direction this series has taken ever since after the first episode, but at four episodes in, it probably doesn't make sense and is a waste of energy and thought to continue going back and forth in my head as to the decision whether to continue watching it or not. Better just watch, accept it for what it is, even if it feels like a 6/10 or 5/10-tier show which could do and be a lot more. It's not like there aren't worse or less interesting seasonals I'm watching. I just have different and higher standards for mystery, horror, and/or thriller series. Yet if stopping now, I'd be too curious in the weeks ahead if it plateaued and remained largely the same, or improved or degraded, sharply or minorly.

This episode being heavily loli Oto-centric helped tipped the balancing scales massively in favor of the decision not to drop.
WatchTillTandavaMay 1, 5:38 PM
May 1, 5:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed Sumireko just chilling out during her solo cherry blossom viewing session, that seemed very relaxing, only thing it was missing was some good tunes, I got the perfect playlists for it lol. It’s just unfortunate she lost some of her food to that sus cat but a good time was still had, and shortly after Oto arrived as Adashino was going away for a bit to be treated, so far I really like Oto and Sumireko together, there’s like a mother and daughter relationship there based on what we saw them do together like the bathhouse and ramen bits. And speaking of the bathhouse, very nice fanservice there even if it’s been nerfed, Oto was feeling jealous of those tiddies and gave them a good punch lol, I only wish we got to see the impact.

And on Adashino’s side of things we got to meet a mysterious hat wearing lad with lots of information on hand and also knows a thing or two about whatever weird location they are in, as well as Adashino’s eyes. His eyes look rough too, hopefully he pulls through but I fear for him in the future if he has to use them again. And it looks like Sumireko hasn’t had her fill of school yet as she decided to go with Oto at the end there, not sure how she’s getting around being part of the student registry but it’s anime after all lol. And lastly that after credits scene was cute but also gave us a tease on how Asashino and Oto used to live, hope we get more on that as we progress.
May 1, 7:19 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril gets to babysit imuto while brother scouts out new territory for Curiousities
May 1, 9:20 PM
Sep 2021
BladeX05 said:
4 episodes in, and I still have no idea what the heck is going on in this anime. 😂

Still you following it😅though
May 2, 5:03 AM
Jan 2024
a transition episode to look for another rarity
May 2, 6:28 AM

Aug 2022
I love this anime......
May 2, 8:12 AM
Nov 2022
Great, so not only did they completely censor every bit of nudity in the bath scene, they even completely removed Uname from the bath. This is sad.
May 2, 8:16 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Yeah this is a weird/bizarre anime that is somewhat confusing to follow but at least this episode was more SoL-ish. Oto, whom I thought was younger than 15, was funny to watch with the things she said and how she reacted such as when she punched Sumireko's boob for no reason other than Sumireko being very busty lol.

On a more serious note, Ren is in a dark area filled with curiosities although he's there to get eye treatment, and there's also a new mysterious girl named Mari whom seems to have an obsession with underwear. I have no idea where this series is going but at least it has fanservice going for it, and it looks like the ecchi tag was recently added.
@Alfredo-Sauce MAL suddenly adding the ecchi tag to this anime is so ironic considering just how heavily censored the anime is compared to the manga. To say "it has fanservice going for it" is definitely not true for the anime.
May 2, 8:19 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to DarkDooM2
@DarkDooM2 right? Like the censorship of nudity is a given at this point, but why leave Uname out of the bath? It just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
May 2, 8:25 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to RKGS
Of course since Kadokawa is producing I wasn't expecting anything for the bath scene, but it's even more unfaithful than cutting nudity. Uname is completely absent from the bath scene and Mari (Oto's classmate from earlier) gets replaced with her mother as the receptionist at the bath so she can't perv out watching them undress like she did in the manga.
Embarrassing.
The show can't decide if it wants to be "mature" or show crumbs of fanservice, not like being actually mature and having nudity and fanservice is mutually exclusive anyway, but these foolish companies and studio directors think it is. Completely cutting any and all fanservice and just going completely anime original on the story would have been less insulting than running an adult series through a PG filter at this point. No creative integrity or respect for the source material at Kadokawa and Zero-G whatsoever.
@RKGS what I don't understand is why even bother adapting 18.5 if this is what they were gonna do? Not only is the nudity completely censored, Uname is also absent from the bath for some reason. Maybe Uname suddenly vanishing from the bath is a part of the "mysterious disappearances"? Lol
May 2, 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
those colossal melons always disturbs my viewing experience of this show...hmmmm

May 2, 8:56 AM
Apr 2023
Sumireko and Oto-chan are so cute together but this episode got me hungry and THIRSTY somehow

But seriously, it makes me think that Ren and Oto were both like the brother and sister in the anime movie Grave of the Fireflies.
May 2, 10:41 AM

May 2019
Reply to Nucleus69
@Alfredo-Sauce MAL suddenly adding the ecchi tag to this anime is so ironic considering just how heavily censored the anime is compared to the manga. To say "it has fanservice going for it" is definitely not true for the anime.
@Nucleus69
Without having read the source material I don't realize how much is censored so my comment was based on watching the anime only. Having said that I may check out the manga once this is over provided a sequel isn't announced right away as I like watching anime without knowing what's going to happen first when I can.
May 2, 1:23 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@Nucleus69
Without having read the source material I don't realize how much is censored so my comment was based on watching the anime only. Having said that I may check out the manga once this is over provided a sequel isn't announced right away as I like watching anime without knowing what's going to happen first when I can.
@Alfredo-Sauce the manga has full on nudity, which the anime has been completely censoring since the very first episode. Also the bath scene in this episode? Uname was supposed to be present in it too, but for some reason the anime decided to completely remove her from the bath. They are not just shying away from fanservice, they are also making some very bizarre decisions all around. Definitely read the manga from the beginning once this is over (I'm damn sure this is not getting a S2 anyway).
May 2, 4:14 PM

May 2018
even though I can guess where this is going, I feel like this anime lacks a direction...
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 2, 8:13 PM

Oct 2022
Wholesome episode........hit her right in the oppai, jealousy is obvious but not as obvious as the melons.

May 3, 6:13 AM
Jan 2021
o_reki said:
BladeX05 said:

Still you following it😅though

that's the power of Mysteriously Amazing Anime,
We are like getting g a Pov of there life! Cause we are seeing them face the mystery of their world mystery
May 3, 6:16 AM
Jan 2021
1WanteD1 said:
I love this anime......

We all do too, this is what you would called a 10/10 anime uniquely amazing, feel like it capture all attention and love without forcing anything but following its Plot and character development!

Least gotta be a 8/10
May 3, 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
pogemost episode soo far.
May 3, 10:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well sad that the anime not been able to convey enough source reader enjoyment simply create another gap over the adaptation matter. However enough said of it, its still nice seeing another part of the mysteriousness this show trying to get the idea of Ren visiting such a weird block of quiet town in the middle of nowhere. But he's actually visiting doctor. While Oto and danchizuma having fun with sleepover time. And what's up with those black cat? Why there's no marker over it? And what kind of stalker Mari was with the next episode seems to have more ecchi scene but anime will still fail to show?

Other than that, let's just see the next then....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 4, 12:07 AM
Dec 2021
In this episode, the mysteries surrounding Oto and Adashino deepen as clues about their origins and nature emerge. Oto's dream suggests they may not be human, possibly connected to death or divine beings. Adashino's injured eyes hint at a deeper affliction related to their situation, possibly involving a deviation from the natural order. The episode offers insight into Oto's character and her guarded nature, revealing her age and the insular existence she shares with Adashino. Despite some fanservice, the focus shifts to character development and the unfolding mysteries. The unresolved Curiosities and the introduction of a new enigmatic figure add layers to the ongoing narrative, keeping the intrigue alive.

May 4, 9:59 AM
Aug 2023
So the big complaint about this episode is the censorship of the bathhouse scene. Me personally, I’m indifferent. If I want to see loli ecchi then I feel like that’s what hentai is for, so I didn’t mind not having any fanservice here, even if it rendered the presence of that Mari girl pretty much mute.
May 5, 8:12 AM

Jan 2017
I don't know why but seeing the current status of Ren's eyes is such a delight to me.. I just really like the redness and disoriented state it has..

I guess I'm weird this way, huh? 😅
May 5, 9:36 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Feels like this was a set up episode for the next arc. But at least we got to see Sumireko and Oto bond a little bit, I think Sumireko was enjoying doting on someone who felt like a little sister. Again, love all the tiddy shots too. Sumi is so sexy.

I'm interested in Ren and what he's going to do with his eyes, they already look pretty brutal. I wonder how many more times he can use them?

So I guess Sumi wants to go back to high school for inspiration for her writing? I feel as though this will come back to bite her at some point.

Despite not much happening, I enjoyed this one.
May 8, 1:15 PM

Feb 2016
This show is only about the MC tits.
May 13, 3:49 AM

Mar 2008
Oto-chan is pretty cute.

I wonder if having massive tits makes getting punched in them more or less painful

Ren's eyes are pretty messed up. .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15

25 by badabass »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

70 by TheColonel76 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8

34 by sakurasyinks »»
Yesterday, 7:34 AM

» Worth watching?

Saphhh - May 12

25 by ryzxgum »»
May 15, 6:27 PM

» The ecchi genre tag was promptly removed after its introduction days ago ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - May 3

50 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.