Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
Just episode 2 and they've already swapped contacts... hell yeah.

After school, Himari and Yori started talking on the rooftop. Then one day, it started to rain, so Himari went to visit Yori's class to ask her to what to do after school, due to the rain. They began meeting in Yori's classroom, gradually growing closer. With Aki Mizuguchi's, the bassist of the band, assistance, they exchanged contact information and started exchanging messages. Amidst this, Himari learned of Yori's love for cats and invited her to attend a weekend event featuring cat goods together.

Sugar levels keep rising, it's becoming quite dangerous. Also, is there a name for these puppy-like characters? They really hit the spot for the gloomy heart. Also, I noticed this last episode, but these two are legit just Yukino and Yui from Oregairu. Thankfully, they both win this time hopefully lol. But god damn. Only two episodes, Thank god Yori was extremely aggressive about making a point. Despite enjoying this fluff, I’m actually glad the creators are addressing the problem between them. Himari has always sounded more like she idolizes Yori instead of loving her for real. And realizing what she got herself into will push her into rethinking their relationship.

The love that both Himari and Yori have for each other is different... how will this go down?

Apr 20, 10:01 AM

Feb 2020
Peak yuri. Another very sweet episode with an interesting development between Yori and Himari. That was a lovely date. They looked so cute together. <3

And I like how they share their love for cats. Their matching cat accessories looked adorable. :3

Aki is also interested in Yori? I can smell a love triangle.

I'm sure this is only going to get better and better from here.

SerafosApr 21, 12:14 AM
Apr 20, 11:09 AM

Feb 2021
Btw Yori stepped in for the performance because the band's guitarist-vocalist quit, right? I wonder if we'll actually see them.
Confession in episode 2, nice.
So Aki is/was in love with Yori too, damn. Hope there won't be too much drama (or that it won't be annoying at least).
Apr 20, 11:16 AM

Mar 2021
Fantastic episode with some great development between Yori and Himari they are just so adorable together and make the cutest couple.
Apr 20, 11:32 AM
Aug 2022
Not me refreshing every 5 seconds waiting for the next episode to release. Lol

Episode 2 of whisper adapted the rest of volume one which was what I predicted so given the pace of 2 episodes per volume that means that episode 6 is one that everyone should be looking forward to

The op and ed song are great and I love the visuals.

I love that whisper didn't do what most shows would and have Yori and Hima's misunderstanding last the entire show, But rather they cleared it up immediately at the end of ep 2/Volume 1.

Seriously a great episode and I can't wait to see the rest of the cast introduced.

Apr 20, 11:35 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Phantom_373
Not me refreshing every 5 seconds waiting for the next episode to release. Lol

Episode 2 of whisper adapted the rest of volume one which was what I predicted so given the pace of 2 episodes per volume that means that episode 6 is one that everyone should be looking forward to

The op and ed song are great and I love the visuals.

I love that whisper didn't do what most shows would and have Yori and Hima's misunderstanding last the entire show, But rather they cleared it up immediately at the end of ep 2/Volume 1.

Seriously a great episode and I can't wait to see the rest of the cast introduced.

@Phantom_373 a Shiho fan? it's rare. but i agree with u she is a great character
Apr 20, 11:37 AM
Aug 2022
-Sleek- said:
@Phantom_373 a Shiho fan? it's rare. but i agree with u she is a great character

Is being a fan of her really rare? I mean I can understand why some would hate her and tbh by the end of the anime most people will probably hate her cause I doubt her whole story will be adapted.

But seriously after learning about her why she’s in a band and all that and all the stuff with
. She easily became one of my favourites
Apr 20, 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Confession!! It's a peak. The date was very cute.

btw, the location of this series seemed to be Okayama.

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 20, 11:44 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Phantom_373
-Sleek- said:

Is being a fan of her really rare? I mean I can understand why some would hate her and tbh by the end of the anime most people will probably hate her cause I doubt her whole story will be adapted.

But seriously after learning about her why she’s in a band and all that and all the stuff with
. She easily became one of my favourites
@Phantom_373 i mean whenever she was involved in a chapter ppl were hating her so it's rare for me to see a Shiho fan. ngl i also didn't like her at start but after some chapters she become a great character.

and regarding her whole arc being cover in this season is a doubt but if they adapt 2ep per volume we might get her whole arc done in s1 which would chapter 32 the
-Sleek-Apr 20, 3:42 PM
Apr 20, 11:46 AM
Aug 2022
-Sleek- said:
@Phantom_373 i mean whenever she was involved in a chapter ppl were hating her so it's rare for me to see a Shiho fan. ngl i also didn't like her at start but after some chapters she become a great character.

and regarding her whole arc being cover in this season is a doubt but if they adapt 2ep per volume we might get her whole arc done in s1 which would chapter 32 the

It does seem like their doing 2 episodes per volume so far
Apr 20, 12:09 PM

Jan 2023
Adorable and pretty fun.
I was not expecting Yori admitting her real feelings at the end of their 'date', but that's nice: now Himari has to give some serious thought about what she feels.
It also seems a love triangle is incoming.

Next weeks should be interesting :)
Apr 20, 12:15 PM

Sep 2021
Confession at episode 2! Let's see next week what's the answer of Himari-chan.
Apr 20, 12:23 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I enjoyed this episode more than the premiere. The first episode had a couple occasions where the poor quality of the background elements drew my attention away from the active scene. I experienced none of that this episode. The pacing feels good and all of the characters are portrayed accurate to the source, so far. The chain of events at the end of the episode, in particular, had me smiling and looking forward to what comes next.

Fingers crossed the quality can at least stay consistent. Improvements are welcome, of course :P
Apr 20, 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
Nice date. Still suspicious of Aki though. Pretty sure she was a bit down when Yori said she had a date. And in the ED she has a photo of her and Yori as a lockscreen. Sure she's a bestie but... I don't know.

Himari not sure of what her definition of "love" is here but considering the title of the next episode she might find her answer.

Really need to start reading manga.
Apr 20, 1:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another very cute episode, I’m liking the progression between Kino and Yori so far, to think that the misunderstanding was cleared up as soon as episode 2, and not only that but also basically a confession from Yori, it feels like things are moving fast but at the same time it feels natural. As great as that moment was, there’s a few issues, the first being that last scene in the bath where Kino wasn’t sure about her feelings being the same, but what I’m thinking is since she also said that she doesn’t know what love feels like, she probably is feeling the same thing as Yori but just doesn’t know it, I’m looking forward to her sorting out what she’s feeling for sure.

The other issue lies with Aki, who appeared to be a supportive bestie but it turns out she’s into Yori as well, which leaves a possible love triangle, I’m not sure what direction it will go in exactly but I’m not against this development, could make things more interesting lol. But besides the plot stuff I also just really enjoyed the date between Yori and Kino, lots of sweet moments in there including the two of them having boba together, a classic pastime, and I liked the visit to the music store as well which revealed why Yori got into the guitar, being because of her dad, now I just wanna peep his record collection lol.

And we got a very nice ED sung by Kino’s VA, loved the visuals featuring a lot of the characters and I liked the song quite a bit. And lastly I wanted to mention that in my first episode post I said that they were in an all girls school, but I noticed some male students in this episode so that was wrong apparently lol, I went back and fixed it accordingly.
TheColonel76Apr 20, 1:36 PM
Apr 20, 2:43 PM
Feb 2017
I don't understand how our main character has the doubt.

I mean from the outside is preety obvious that her love is not that of admiration alone. Admiration and respect don't put you sticking like glue to that person every second you get. It may have started as an admiration and want to know her, but after the first two or three rooftops I think she got the idea that it is true love.

Well let's wait for the spice and girls fight to come.
Apr 20, 2:50 PM
Jul 2021
She’s really doubling down by the second episode, which is a nice change of pace for romance. Kino might be unsure if she swings that way? Aki might be in love with Yori too? Interesting setup so far.
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Jul 2022
The date Yori and Kino had was really sweet and Kino's reactions were extremely cute. I didn't expect Yori to confess so quickly, so I got really excited at that moment. Although Kino's feelings for Yori are different, I don't doubt that she plays for the other team, so there is still hope that she will accept Yori's confession.

And Aki is in love with Yori? That would explain why she was so insistent on him joining the band.
Apr 20, 3:12 PM
Jul 2023
Great episode! Also:

There is a message in this QR code: ささ恋ご視聴ありがとうございます!(Thank you for watching Sasakoi!)
Apr 20, 3:46 PM

Jun 2023
Great day to end the week with
Apr 20, 5:09 PM
May 2023
I loved the manga (still ongoing) but im hating the anime...Just because its even better. In only 2 episodes in already full of cuteness overload, i cant continue this Way 😭❤️
Apr 20, 5:38 PM
Feb 2024
The interaction between Yori and Himari is so sweet. It is very nice

I am very excite to next episode now
MichaelC410Apr 20, 5:53 PM
Apr 20, 6:27 PM

Feb 2024

Great ,Things are going FAST for a change , i love this kind of anime ....others you get a confesion two seasons in but this is my cup of tea
Apr 20, 6:31 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to AkeZZZ
Confession!! It's a peak. The date was very cute.

btw, the location of this series seemed to be Okayama.

@AkeZZZ Could be anywhere in Japan...
I always used to think that some place I saw in anime or a youtube video in Japan was somewhere that I actually knew in real life when I lived there...turns out there are way more similar-looking urban places in Japan than you think is possible.
Apr 20, 7:17 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to myriadin
@AkeZZZ Could be anywhere in Japan...
I always used to think that some place I saw in anime or a youtube video in Japan was somewhere that I actually knew in real life when I lived there...turns out there are way more similar-looking urban places in Japan than you think is possible.
@myriadin the mangaka lives in Okayama, and I've seen someone else make that observation, based on the latest manga chapter too. So think it's a pretty safe bet, fwiw
Apr 20, 7:24 PM
Nov 2023
Don't know if it's just me but everything in this show is so exaggerated and the interactions are so unrealistic, it is trying way too hard to be wholesome but it is just annoying, I wont drop it since the dangers in my heart also had a rough start but ended up as one of my favourite romance anime, Maybe the same will happen here
Apr 20, 7:51 PM

Sep 2018
FFS, why does seemingly every fucking second romance has that "best friend in love with the MC, now here's some unrequited melodrama in this otherwise cute little anime" nonsense? I had my suspicions in the first episode, almost all but confirmed in the second. So over it, can these authors think of nothing else?

I need to watch more comradery and bromance anime, ones that showcase great platonic friendship, that balances out this annoying crap.
Apr 20, 8:13 PM

Mar 2008
Yori and Himari are both cute and so cute together <3
Apr 20, 8:31 PM

May 2015
Reply to ZeStark
Don't know if it's just me but everything in this show is so exaggerated and the interactions are so unrealistic, it is trying way too hard to be wholesome but it is just annoying, I wont drop it since the dangers in my heart also had a rough start but ended up as one of my favourite romance anime, Maybe the same will happen here
@ZeStark Don't expect much from these kind of shows, these are not only cartoonish in their appearence but in their characters and depiction of love as well. They serve for a light dish, are about telling fluffy, cute, simplified love stories with dense and cardboard like protagomist and rarely go for something more profund. I am one of those guys who love GL but anime could barely scrach the itch for it. Actually the same thing can be said about hetero anime romance as well, just check out for example "The Condition called love" in this season and you will see the same symptoms.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't be entertaining, you just have to change your expactations, lower the bar and consume them as a sweet piece of candy as they are intended to be.
IshitatesoApr 20, 8:46 PM
Apr 20, 10:21 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to akatsukinoluna
@myriadin the mangaka lives in Okayama, and I've seen someone else make that observation, based on the latest manga chapter too. So think it's a pretty safe bet, fwiw
@akatsukinoluna

This train schedule also proved that it's Okayama station.
In reality, there are these limited express and rapid services to Shikoku
- Shiokaze(しおかぜ) to Matsuyama
- Nanpu (南風) to Kochi
- Marine Liner(マリンライナー) to Takamatsu
and also Uzushio which hasn't appeared in the schedule.

However, in the anime, they mixed and changed some details to be
- Shiopu(しお風) to Kochi
- LinerLiner(ライナライナー) to Takamatsu
- Nankaze(南かぜ) to Matsuyama

The letter M on the board also represents Seto-Ohashi Line
The letter L on the board represents Uno Line
Which, these trains are using these lines to Shikoku from Okayama
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 20, 10:24 PM

Jun 2019
They're just fluffy and cute.

Studio should put some effort on the cat art.
Apr 20, 10:58 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to AkeZZZ
@akatsukinoluna

- Nanpu (南風) to Kochi

- Shiopu(しお風) to Kochi

@AkeZZZ oh cool. Thx for sharing :)
Apr 20, 11:14 PM

Nov 2021
This anime is cooking. Yori really fell in love hard. The episode had pretty great visual direction.
Apr 21, 12:05 AM

Jun 2008
Got me giggling all the time. So cute.
Apr 21, 12:11 AM

Feb 2020
SO CUTE SO CUTE 🥺🥺🥺
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 12:50 AM

Jun 2020
Things are going so much faster than I expected WTF

To be honest, I totally thought that Himari's love was for real and Yori's was just a misunderstanding because she is not used to any sort of human affection. But it seems like Yori really does love Himari. Himari on the other hand, really did mean that her love was of a fan's...

Im sad if there is going to be a love triangle with the blonde girl, the date was so cute this episode
Apr 21, 12:54 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I just don't like that much excessive sweetness in typical romance, but if it's GL, everything changes. Yori and Kino interactions are wonderful; the date, the confession and now... Aki showing interest too :S . An there's also the suggestion of another couple among Yori's friends. Nice.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 21, 1:24 AM
Mar 2024
wefuihwefuihefwuihfeuihwef
Apr 21, 2:51 AM
Oct 2020
its was beautiful
Apr 21, 4:10 AM
Mar 2018
A lovely episode! I wasn't expecting so much development between Yori and Himari, but I'll gladly take it.

Their date was so freakin' cute! I was over the moon when Yori told Himari about the feelings she has for her. Hopefully, their loves aren't that different...
Apr 21, 4:36 AM

Dec 2023
Charming, 9/10
Apparently we'll see a love triangle soon
Apr 21, 5:56 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to AkeZZZ
@akatsukinoluna

- Nanpu (南風) to Kochi

- Shiopu(しお風) to Kochi

@AkeZZZ I am surprised that they didn't put "Sunset Express" to Tokyo.
[FelineYogi]
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
Sep 2021
The first date went well between himari & Asanagi. Asangi even confessed, will himari fall in love with her senior. Let's find out.
Apr 21, 7:48 AM
Jan 2017
Pretty good. Sad to see the cringelord localizers got their hand on this show though.
Apr 21, 8:00 AM

Aug 2019
wow proper confession in ep 2.
sp aki(?) really is in love with yori as well. it will probably cause some trouble with the two later and im not too excited for it but i guess the show would be too boring or something without it. id love for it to be just a really cute love story with no one in the way just like it has been so far.
i hope himari decides quick if she really is in love or not. though im going to predict that she will hesitate on the answer until aki comes along and is about to steal yori from her and she is forced to act.

they are both so cute

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 8:11 AM
Mar 2018
Damn, wasn't expecting that to happen this early!
Apr 21, 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Ishitateso
@ZeStark Don't expect much from these kind of shows, these are not only cartoonish in their appearence but in their characters and depiction of love as well. They serve for a light dish, are about telling fluffy, cute, simplified love stories with dense and cardboard like protagomist and rarely go for something more profund. I am one of those guys who love GL but anime could barely scrach the itch for it. Actually the same thing can be said about hetero anime romance as well, just check out for example "The Condition called love" in this season and you will see the same symptoms.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't be entertaining, you just have to change your expactations, lower the bar and consume them as a sweet piece of candy as they are intended to be.
@Ishitateso Unless you're watching a more mature show, anime characters act like half their fucking age, nothing new here.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 21, 9:08 AM

Apr 2024
confess in just 2 eps, very good pacing
Apr 21, 9:27 AM
Sep 2016
Who's your best girl in Sasakoi, and why it's Mizuguchi Aki?

It's a shame tho, for a title that's supposed to be musical, the yuri drama is made so much more prominent in the anime.... The musical performance in EP01 is mediocre, but when it came to the yuri drama the studio did this so much justice.

It's also a REAL shame that the translation made Tachibana referes to herself as "I". Tachibana supposed to always refers to herself as "Tachibana-san", as in 3rd person. That was her quirk and why she's best girl no#2 (after Aki).
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 21, 9:55 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to uncleqrow
Who's your best girl in Sasakoi, and why it's Mizuguchi Aki?

It's a shame tho, for a title that's supposed to be musical, the yuri drama is made so much more prominent in the anime.... The musical performance in EP01 is mediocre, but when it came to the yuri drama the studio did this so much justice.

It's also a REAL shame that the translation made Tachibana referes to herself as "I". Tachibana supposed to always refers to herself as "Tachibana-san", as in 3rd person. That was her quirk and why she's best girl no#2 (after Aki).
@uncleqrow I feel like you shouldn't judge considering its only in the second episode so far. but the music side is very prominent in this show its were most the drama heavy stuff in this show comes from, But it is still a romance after all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 11

39 by SouthRzVa »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

70 by yozora82 »»
Yesterday, 12:22 PM

» Poorly Animated

negatives - May 3

28 by Rosenfla »»
Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

66 by qtsruna_chan »»
May 9, 1:28 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

14 by Jcmixer27 »»
May 7, 1:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.