Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not gonna lie, this Deku vs Shiggy stuff has actually been somewhat enjoyable even though I don't like MHA as much as I used to several years ago. That panel of Deku having lost both arms was fucking insane. And AFO, as expected, was at the root of everything on some Aizen shit.

Some of the other students jumping the AFO-possessed Shiggy, and Aizawa appears. I guess they got through to Kurogiri 👀 Crazy chapter...
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 3, 7:42 PM

Dec 2021
AFO really just pulled a Aizen on Shigaraki... this is THE villain of MHA.

Easily the greatest chapter of MHA in a while. Can't wait to see where Hori takes this.

Apr 3, 8:10 PM
Feb 2023
I’ve not caught up to the manga, I’ve heard the chapters is sh*t. How true is it?
Apr 3, 8:47 PM
Aug 2023
Angglio_1 said:
I’ve not caught up to the manga, I’ve heard the chapters is sh*t. How true is it?

nah they're great
Apr 3, 9:38 PM

Jun 2016
My jaw hit the floor with this chapter 10/10. Hori really killed it with Shiggy and Deku. Obviously Shigaraki isn't gone, so I can probably see where this is going, but great execution nonetheless.
Apr 3, 10:22 PM
Apr 2021
Angglio_1 said:

Yea don’t even bother to read it bro this shit is terrible don’t believe anyone that says otherwise
Apr 3, 10:38 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Angglio_1
@Angglio_1 Idk what bozos are yapping about, this was probably the best MHA chapter in a while with one of the series' biggest "holy shit" moments.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 3:12 AM
May 2021
Honestly the best chapter in soo longg! The tension is defo dead but if Hori knew how to write like he did the first 200 chapters yhh would have been better.
jas-samaaaApr 6, 12:07 PM
Apr 4, 5:39 AM

Jan 2009
all for one made shigaraki a complete puppet for sure

and damn deku lost both of his arms but eri can rewind and give back those arms though if she ever comes to the battlefield
Apr 4, 6:02 AM
Aug 2021
Angglio_1 said:

Man, in my opinion, it really depends on your expectations for the series.

If you’re wanting a perfect manga with battles all the time, a lot of deaths and something really different, you’re not gonna like it.
But if you read it thinking in the way that it really is: a SHONEN manga, where the good ones will win in the end, I can assure you that you will enjoy.
Apr 4, 10:47 AM
Feb 2016
visually, it's enjoyable. everything else, eh.
Apr 4, 10:47 AM
Feb 2016
Angglio_1 said:

normal dragged out fights and plot. not bad but could be better.
Apr 4, 12:17 PM

Jun 2016
Finally MHA got better. Its been a while. All for one is the cause of everything League of villian and Shiragaki did in this series. He is pure evil as Sosuke Aizen is from bleach.

Apr 5, 3:08 AM
Apr 2020
I’ve been a good fan of MHA for a long time and that made me so fond of it and read the manga.. but tbh i’ve never thought that after more than 400 chapters the only thing that would be used to calm down shigaraki was by the power of love or whatever it is..
Since the beginning we know that OFA is the absolute counter of AFO and that made me really upset how deku kept talking to shigaraki all the time trying to get to his heart or whatever :3
Apr 5, 6:48 PM
May 2023
If this final battle had ended last chapter without AFO taking over Shigaraki's body, I think this series would have set up for a really good ending, but Horikoshi is deciding to continue the series with a development that robs who should've been our main antagonist of his agency up to this point. I hate it.
Apr 5, 7:03 PM

Apr 2020
Just when I thought AFO's end was a bit lacklustre, he comes back with a major plot twist. 

That panel of Deku was honestly amazing, and if Aizawa is taken out, I see no way the heroes are winning this, but because it's Aizawa, I believe AFO will aim for his ass first. 
"People can only save themselves. One person saving another is impossible."
Apr 5, 7:16 PM

Apr 2022
jump kaisen? aizawa and the gang here, can see them getting wiped again soon.
Apr 5, 10:37 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to CANNIBAL_SOUP
If this final battle had ended last chapter without AFO taking over Shigaraki's body, I think this series would have set up for a really good ending, but Horikoshi is deciding to continue the series with a development that robs who should've been our main antagonist of his agency up to this point. I hate it.
@CANNIBAL_SOUP
well what would you think of AFO's end if it did finish then?
Apr 6, 8:02 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Angglio_1
@Angglio_1 Not true AT ALL, don't listen to them
Apr 6, 8:04 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Brunin_Brady21
Angglio_1 said:

Man, in my opinion, it really depends on your expectations for the series.

If you’re wanting a perfect manga with battles all the time, a lot of deaths and something really different, you’re not gonna like it.
But if you read it thinking in the way that it really is: a SHONEN manga, where the good ones will win in the end, I can assure you that you will enjoy.
@Brunin_Brady21 bro, I think that deaths have to certainly come in the next chapters. I mean, that's what this last arc is lacking and I think that Horikoshi knows that fact. But let's keep reading.
Apr 6, 8:06 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to CANNIBAL_SOUP
@CANNIBAL_SOUP I am just going to say, let Horikoshi cook and keep reading, we don't know Shiggy's end yet, in Horikoshi I trust, all the cards are in the table, don't mess it up Hori.
Apr 6, 8:07 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to A055
Just when I thought AFO's end was a bit lacklustre, he comes back with a major plot twist. 

That panel of Deku was honestly amazing, and if Aizawa is taken out, I see no way the heroes are winning this, but because it's Aizawa, I believe AFO will aim for his ass first. 
@A055 Yess, like I felt so empty and weird when AFO died in that way with Bakugo but this plot twist was insane and AFO coming back is fuckin* great
Apr 6, 10:55 AM

Dec 2022
man this is dark... and im so glad aizawa and all have showed up oml
Apr 6, 11:37 AM
Apr 2014
It was Ok.

The art is great (as always), but the build up to it and the lack of cartasis to the scene really is noticeable.

Shigaraki plot being resolved as "Everything was AFO's fault" doesn't make AFO a great villan and it really does show how Horikoshi Kohei (the mangaka) really rushed some plots to get to that point, and that made it lose it's real full weight of the scene (there is, but it's just a glint of the full potencial, which it makes everything more sad and disappointing then anything).

Again, this Shigaraki plot doesn't even create a genuine conclusion or progress for a resolution to him (and the way things are going, Hirokoshi just wants to make shigaraki turn into anti-hero), for shounen manga, that's totally fine, but it's not the best construction, there are many more shounen mangas with scenes with real weight behind and a resolution that is really fantastic (even the Early MHA has that).

Seriously, AFO has being talking since the last chapter about "Shigaraki changing hearts", BUT THERE WAS NO CHANGE AT ALL (and I don't mean how the characters artificially are going to react as that being the truth from now one, but of course, with shigaraki still being a 'better" villan now) there was NOTHING with a real weight to change anything about him, even if all the scenes from last chapter where about how Deku can influence Shigaraki "most vunerable moment", nothing was actually done (there was no dialog to develop that, they are going to do something later, but It's missing the mark, because the artificiality of "Shigaraki changing his heart" is already happening in a way that it's not natural)

This entire end arc and fight has 0 tension (there are cool things, yeah, like Deku losing his arm or Bakugo heart stopping but I have read mangas with less body or mental damage that had more gratifying developments and more mangas that have more negative consequences to the main/side characters with heart pounding scenes/panels.

And everybody arriving at the end, is really cliche too (but it's also ok, because it's shounen jump => friendship, effort & victory is a must) and Horikoshi developed a lot of this characters and they were on the bench waiting to be used on this scene (seriously, their off-camera battles weren't really important). Now they are just going to hold out until Deku recovers in someway or another (problably Eri will arrive), to have the final fight against OFA x AFO together with all the friends we made along the way (And I'm not saying this is a good way, to me this is really bad).
ZahevApr 13, 10:41 AM
Apr 6, 12:10 PM

Aug 2021
my hero pisses me off because it'll be the most mediocre shit you've ever read for weeks on end and then randomly drop a banger chapter like this
Apr 6, 1:58 PM
Oct 2023
Of course Bakugo gets to solo AFO. Meanwhile Midoriya gets absolutely shat on, loses both arms, and needs his classmates to come bail him out. This is so cheap, and the powerscaling makes no sense.
The only person alive who can even stand up to AFO is Midoriya. Nobody else has any business even being there and should be no-diffed at this point.

Remember, this shigi would high diff even prime all might. You're gonna convince me Ojiro could survive 10 seconds against him... Terrible!

This is like if Rukia and Renji started tagteaming Aizen because Ichigo was too weak. No. Those characters do not belong there.
And that's my issue with new mha. They refuse to let the protagonist do anything important to the plot.
Apr 6, 3:27 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to carhs14
@A055 Yess, like I felt so empty and weird when AFO died in that way with Bakugo but this plot twist was insane and AFO coming back is fuckin* great
@carhs14
got any ideas on how AFO will lose?
Apr 6, 3:37 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to WoodedSkate89
Of course Bakugo gets to solo AFO. Meanwhile Midoriya gets absolutely shat on, loses both arms, and needs his classmates to come bail him out. This is so cheap, and the powerscaling makes no sense.
The only person alive who can even stand up to AFO is Midoriya. Nobody else has any business even being there and should be no-diffed at this point.

Remember, this shigi would high diff even prime all might. You're gonna convince me Ojiro could survive 10 seconds against him... Terrible!

This is like if Rukia and Renji started tagteaming Aizen because Ichigo was too weak. No. Those characters do not belong there.
And that's my issue with new mha. They refuse to let the protagonist do anything important to the plot.
@WoodedSkate89
well if you read the manga you would know that AFO was progressively getting weaker when fighting Bakugo
and deku lost his arms because he was trying to save Shigaraki

so do tell me how "the powerscaling makes no sense" in this situation
Apr 6, 3:44 PM
Oct 2023
A055 said:
@WoodedSkate89
well if you read the manga you would know that AFO was progressively getting weaker when fighting Bakugo

Yeah I did read the manga thanks. If you read my comment you'll have the answer to your question.

The only character in the verse who can even dare to oppose AFO/Shig is Midoriya.Then all the weakest members of 1a come out and start tagteaming him... Nah, ruined the stakes of your manga right there.
Apr 6, 4:26 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to WoodedSkate89
A055 said:
@WoodedSkate89

Yeah I did read the manga thanks. If you read my comment you'll have the answer to your question.

The only character in the verse who can even dare to oppose AFO/Shig is Midoriya.Then all the weakest members of 1a come out and start tagteaming him... Nah, ruined the stakes of your manga right there.
@WoodedSkate89

Well, who knows whats going to happen in later chapters, but I am certain more people will come in to help. 

and do elaborate for me :)

i just dont understand how "the powerscaling makes no sense" (with what you said)
Apr 6, 5:02 PM
Feb 2020
Ojiro and Sato are about to get their first and only W
Apr 6, 5:57 PM

Jul 2022
AHHHHHHHHH??????

So Shigaraki is “gone” and AFO has taken control over his body… was wondering why the WSJ cover made him look so different… this is the true final boss

Deku loses both his arms, totally unreal. How is he going to use his quirk now… his legs? What can he do??

All his friends are joining him for the final bout… absolutely can’t believe the insane art and direction this is taking. THE FINAL BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 6, 6:31 PM
Oct 2013
Man...AFO planting the disintegration quirk in Shigaraki is such a twist!!! Dont know how I never thought that might have happened. Have seen so many powerful quirks that I never questioned it. And Izuku losing BOTH his arms!??? This was a fantastic chapter
Apr 6, 9:29 PM

Jun 2023
Aizawa is looking so cool in that last page 🔥🔥🔥
Apr 7, 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
Horikoshi pulled an Avenger Endgame portal "on your left" moment

so, Shigaraki original quirk are still unknown right? the "Decay" is a modified quirk given to him. what a twist, all this time, we thought it was Deku's quirk that AFO has taken since birth, but turn out it's the other way around.
Apr 7, 8:23 AM

Sep 2011
Everything about AFO engineering Shiggy's life was expected but also shit. Hori is really gonna try to redeem Shiggy.

That said, seeing Tape Man, Sugar Man, and Tail Man show up was hype. I love my useless side characters
Apr 7, 10:01 AM
Feb 2022
Angglio_1 said:

MHA is at it’s peak rn Imo
Apr 7, 10:49 AM

May 2020
Never thought we were done with AFO to begin with. So him coming back and all of that backstory and stuff doesn't come as a news.

Also look, characters who were nowhere to be seen for the last, god knows how many chapters, are here to save Deku. Never change author, NEVER.
Apr 7, 11:06 AM

Oct 2017
After all this time the man Erasure arrives. Rest of the chapter though, fans keep defending this like your life depends on it.
Apr 7, 6:06 PM

Nov 2012
I think writing AFO to have been manipulating Shigaraki from the shadows is SHlT writing, and two nobodies coming actually being able to get the jump on AFO is so bad. Really liked the panel with Deku with no hands and Aizawa's panel but Hori needs to wrap it up.
Apr 7, 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
"It was me, Shiggy!"

So I expect more of the class to show up, but you'd think at least one of the more popular of them would be here now. I will never believe anyone gives a shit about sugar guy.
Apr 8, 2:07 AM

Mar 2018
Yeah this is probably the worst chapter of the series for me.

Shigaraki was an amazing character because he was the product of natural circumstances : born with an horrible quirk, grew to hate his family because of his father's hate towards heroes caused by his mom abandonning him to fight AFO. And when he wandered in the streets, noone but AFO stood up to help him. Tenko became Shigaraki as a result of a hero's decision which was an amazing way of showing that heroes aren't perfect and that their decisions have consequences.

Now we know that AFO did not just took advantage of Tenko's tragedy but that he orchestrated it from the very beginning, he talked his father into having another kid, he took his quirk as a baby and he gave him Decay.

"Men aren't born equal" is the very first line of the manga, some are born quirkless (Deku, All Might), some are born with incredible powers (Bakugo, Overhaul), and some are born with extremely dangerous quirks (Eri, and up until now, Shigaraki). It was a lottery and all the important characters in the story reflected that theme : natural unfairness.

Now the main antagonist whose progression we've been following alongside the main character for the entire story is revealed to have been a pawn whose upbringing was manufactured from the very beginning, stripping away any kind of nuance or responsibility from the heroes themselves.

Had AFO not intervened, none of this would have happened. Horikoshi turned an awesome backstory highlighting the flaws of hero society into the evil scheme of a single man, and I find this dissapointing as shit.

The other frustrating thing is that for the past couple of chapters we've been reaching the final confrontation between Deku and Shigaraki that was supposed to be the climax of their respective character arcs, after almost two irl years where the two of them were given almost nothing to do in the story. This was finally the moment to confront their ideals, for them to witness the events that brought them where they are now and that would allow them to better understand each other.

But no, Hori thinks it's more interesting to bring AFO back into this, even tho he already got a (imo very good) conclusion. I don't get why he's not letting his MC and his main antag have an actual dynamic, why he keeps parasitizing the climax of his story with a lesser character.
Apr 8, 1:14 PM
Mar 2015
All for one has failed but the cavalry is here to save Deku
Apr 9, 1:10 PM
May 2023
Reply to A055
@CANNIBAL_SOUP
well what would you think of AFO's end if it did finish then?
@A055 I would've liked it better. Letting Bakugo defeat AFO and letting Midoriya defeat Shigaraki would've been a nice thematic way of showing how they both inherited the legacy of All Might.
Apr 9, 1:15 PM
May 2023
Reply to carhs14
@CANNIBAL_SOUP I am just going to say, let Horikoshi cook and keep reading, we don't know Shiggy's end yet, in Horikoshi I trust, all the cards are in the table, don't mess it up Hori.
@carhs14 I'll let him cook, but he's thrown some rotten ingredients into the mix.
Apr 9, 5:49 PM
Nov 2019
Great, so not only did the one twist I didn't want to happen actually happen, its somehow even worse. Not only did AFO give Shigaraki decay, he manipulated his father too? Is there anything this one guy isn't responsible for?
Apr 9, 8:44 PM
Nov 2016
Holy shit another awesome chapter, I'm enjoying this fight and the things happening in it more than I anticipated, and Deku is fucked up, all these other guys are gonna get trashed in the next chapter too.

But that's ok, we still have the cutest walking plot device out there called Eri. I do want more people dying though, it will give the whole war and this last fight more meaning.
Apr 10, 10:25 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to ReaperCreeper
"It was me, Shiggy!"

So I expect more of the class to show up, but you'd think at least one of the more popular of them would be here now. I will never believe anyone gives a shit about sugar guy.
@ReaperCreeper
what is that manga called (at your Signature section)
Apr 10, 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
@A055
Kengan Omega
Apr 14, 10:22 PM

Oct 2021
Aizawa-sensei is back! I couldn't be happier! The reveal that All for One stole the yet-unknown Quirk factor from Tenko is heartbreaking! 😖 If it weren't for All for One, Tenko wouldn't even Decayed his family. What a terrible start for an innocent boy all because All for One seeks to manipulate! 😖

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

24 by Kreikka95 »»
Yesterday, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

26 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 28, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.