Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 1, 11:59 PM

Sep 2018
Very strange black comedy, but pretty original. It has successfully grabbed my attention. Trailer gave me Gakkougurashi vibes when I watched it, I wonder if there will be any horror/suspense elements to it.
GakutoDeathGlareApr 2, 12:02 AM
Apr 2, 12:33 AM
Aug 2021
The plot from first episode seems to be quite different, not in any bad way. But the main issue i felt was that there was like no down time at all. The characters just keep on talking or inner monologues man. Just give me a few seconds in between to think in between its straight up this after that and then that. That was all I felt. Let's see the next few episodes...
Apr 2, 12:48 AM
Aug 2018
I'm a sucker for gals having to navigate their way through an apocalyptic world. So it's safe to say that I found the first episode to be quite fun. I honestly got dissapointed when I realized that this is the only episode that's out right now. looking forward for the next one though!
Apr 2, 2:33 AM

Feb 2020
Really fast-paced first episode, and I love it!
Btw the ED song fucking slap omg, can't wait to listen the full version!!
Apr 2, 3:26 AM

Mar 2014
i really like the way characters speak as if they are alive speaking very causually and rapidly unlike other animes that there must be hestitation and slow pace when they speak.
Apr 2, 4:38 AM
Jan 2020
I swear this was supposed to be a Movie
Apr 2, 5:14 AM
Apr 2021
Holy shit wtf was that intro???? Man do I love me my original animes man bc that 7G fucked up everything bro it messed with the physics of the world with how the building were all looking wonky and shit, like the premise is so interesting I love it and im definitely gonna keep watching this especially bc it seems like a CGDCT type of show which are my favourites🤩🤩🤩

It doesn’t bother me but MY GOD the subtitles are just so fucking fast I can’t even process what’s being said and what’s on the screen at the same time sometimes like this is Saiki K levels of fast but 2x faster like I deadass reminded a bunch of times especially when Zenjiro was talking I don’t find it a turn but man I just had to let y’all ppl know😭😭😭😭

So it looks like this is gonna be about then journeying across Japan for the next 30 stops until they get to Ikekuburo so I’ll guess I’ll be with these girls until the last episode when they make it and meet Yoka😆

The animation looks fucking amazing I liked the POV when Shizuru walked onto the train and the ending song is such a banger wowowow🔥:D

I just noticed that Shizuru is voiced by the same voice actor who voices Chisato!!! IM DEFINITELY STAYING WITH THIS SHOW JUST TO HEAR CHISATO’S VOICE😫🤩
Treyv0nApr 2, 5:19 AM
Apr 2, 5:34 AM

Mar 2024
SOOO CHAOTIC YET SOOO GOOD, im gonna enjoy this anime a lot

Playing BombWord come and join me https://jklm.fun/FXDQ
Apr 2, 6:28 AM

Jul 2014
Nao Touyama!!!!!!!! I didn't expect to hear her here so that was nice. But what do you mean she's not voicing a main character? Nooooooooooooo

On the other hand we have Chika Anzai which is great! Chisato really made me a fan of her haha.

Man, what a crazy fun first episode. It's weird, intriguing, funny... I love it already and I'm excited, I'm looking forward to more.

And among all the weirdness, the old man (who at first I thought was just a pair of legs) turning into a young man was what surprised me the most. Coupled with Shizuru's reaction, it gave me a good laugh xD.
Apr 2, 8:48 AM
Feb 2019
Ohh, it was actually good tbh. So it turns out that EMT² can do this kind of anime. Maybe Im just used to seeing fluff and CGDCT anime from them. The post apocalyptic, the mysteries and this kind of 7G thing is very intruiging. And somehow Im getting a Flip Flappers vibe. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 2, 10:05 AM
Feb 2020
this is a great show! i cant wait to see the next episode!
Apr 2, 11:06 AM

Mar 2022
huh.... ok. That was.... weird. But teeming with potential and it got me intrigued. I want to know more about this 7G world.
Apr 2, 12:09 PM

Sep 2021
I had quite high expectations for this one, but was afraid it would be too much of a cute SoL with the character designs. But for now, it seems it's more of a "cute characters going through hell" kind of show. And I love it!

Of course it's too early to say anything for certain. But it looks unique, mysterious and very promising!

Spring '24 is off to a good start!
Apr 2, 1:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I don't know what the heck I just watched, but I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm glad Rokudenashi-san is finally featuring for an anime theme song!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2:13 PM

Apr 2020
Easily piqued my interest with the bizarre situation the story is set in.
It's likely one of those 'symbolic' kind of story and I'd appreciate that, especially after recently watching Maboroshi.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Apr 2, 2:25 PM
Sep 2023
i dont know what i just watched but i look forward to finding out
Apr 2, 2:27 PM
Oct 2020
I wasn't high enough for the first 5 mins what the fuck.
Apr 2, 2:46 PM

Mar 2008
That was.......something.
Apr 2, 5:44 PM
Oct 2019
God damn those conspiracy theory was right but it wasn't 5G but 7G LMAO
Wow that first 2 minutes was wild.

It's such an interesting twist on the apocalypse. Human turn into Animal when they reached 21 years old?
Okay, I'm sold.
Apr 2, 6:00 PM
Aug 2020
Thanks for telling us you are leaving... Hope your careful planning included the things we will need because we're coming with!
Apr 2, 6:14 PM

Sep 2023
Visuals are great, worldbuilding is quite interesting, the story could go either way. I'll give it a couple more episode to convince me.
Apr 2, 6:27 PM
Feb 2021
I mean this in the most respectful way possible 8 minutes into the first episode... but what in the cinnamon toast fuck is the author smoking to come up with this premise, cause they should stop bogarting and share
Apr 2, 6:56 PM
Jun 2021
I think this one has a lot of potential!

First of all, the op is absolutely fire, and the backgrounds are beautiful!

I really like the character designs, and the animation is pretty nice so far. The main character is a lot more interesting than I expected her to be, and I’m excited to see how her and the rest of the girls develop throughout their journey!

One thing that could have been a bit better was the pacing, especially towards the end. Honestly you could have spaced the stuff that happened in this episode into two. I won’t harp too much on it though, I know fast pacing is probably what they were going for. I just think it could have been done better.

The post apocalyptic setting is like none I’ve ever seen before, and I’m excited to see more of it.

Overall, this episode is a solid 7/10. Future episodes have the potential to be much higher though! I have high hopes for this, and it’s one I’ll be looking forward to!
Apr 2, 9:24 PM

Sep 2023
I think as others have said, defo not was expecting that. The description does not at all match what happened. But I think that is what makes it better. I saw a comment below the episode when I watched. Because its a original anime, theres no one too or any way of knowing what happens next. So you're just along for the ride. Is defo kinda giving off A Place Further Than The Universe vibes.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Apr 2, 9:36 PM

Dec 2019
Slow start, the concept feels super bizarre but also quite amusing, the characters seem a bit plain though, but the comedy is far from bad. Hopefully the second episode's gonna be even better.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 2, 9:55 PM
Apr 2022
premise sure seems like a goofy one but the episode had some serious scenes like a bear trying to eat a girl, a hamster crying about her missing daughter, and donno whats up with that bloody hand prints on the truck. hope the show is more than just boring cgdct
Apr 2, 10:28 PM

Jan 2012
This was actually pretty good! I was surprised!

Excited for the next episode!

Apr 2, 11:04 PM

Mar 2019
Lolis, talking animals and a train, of course I'm going to watch this anime.🚊
Apr 2, 11:45 PM
Nov 2020
I liked it, it wasn't anything special but it was really entertaining. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Apr 3, 12:10 AM
Feb 2022
Someone else mentioned it but massive Shimeji Simulation vibes where a CGDCT premise exists where the world is just kinda broken, if this show is even half as good as Shimeji then it’ll be brilliant
Apr 3, 1:27 AM

Jul 2021
What in the ghetto the old hag went from scoliosis to a young man with his yapping session about 7G and he reverts back to an old hag when he was about to finish his sentence.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 3, 3:22 AM

Jun 2019

Man...if that's what you call "slow", I think what you'd consider average pacing might just appear to me as incomprehensible warp speed.
Apr 3, 3:24 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to WatchTillTandava

Man...if that's what you call "slow", I think what you'd consider average pacing might just appear to me as incomprehensible warp speed.
@WatchTillTandava I listen to grindcore, any song over 2 minutes in length is a bit of a headache. You can get the idea.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 3, 6:37 AM

Jun 2020
This actually has a potential I’m a little bit scared because original anime’s mostly has a ability to get bad very fast but for now I want to see more I like very depressing undertone with comedy so let’s see
Apr 3, 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
This is really interesting since we are not sure if this is all a delusion! or really strange phenomena happening! let's see...
4/5.

Apr 3, 10:37 AM
Oct 2020
I was kind of lost at the 7G thing. I didn't expect that would be the reason for all the suspense it was going for. But the first episode at least made me want to look forward to the next episode. Characters seem decent; let's see where this train will take us (12 weeks to reach the conclusion). 
Apr 3, 10:55 AM

Mar 2024
Weirdest anime of the season yet, that's for sure. Makes you wonder what the people making it were on.
Cute enough characters though. Can't go wrong with a cute chubby big girl + gyaru. Curious how the story will develop, and if we'll see whatever cause those bloody hand marks.
Apr 3, 12:14 PM
Dec 2016
Damn this first episode rocks. Anime of the season potential if we leave out all the sequels.
Apr 3, 12:39 PM

Dec 2017
That was... Uhhh for now I'll keep watching. Whatever happens, hope it stays cute tho.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Apr 3, 1:04 PM
Feb 2015
The most bizarre first episode i ever watch, what is 7g and why they all turn into animal. Does it mean other places turn into other creatures, and it seem ikebukuro is fine since Yuko is normal. They seem accepting of the curses of 7g more easier. and the most weird is the cuckoo old man turn into young guy he was but regressed back after it. science seem like magic at this point.
Apr 3, 1:23 PM

Jan 2017
I just randomly picked this one up out of boredom, without even reading the synopsis. I just thought it looked cute, and indeed, I wasn't wrong. However, besides that, it's like this anime was directly catering to my interests. Unexpected, but if it can keep this pace up, this might become my seasonal favorite.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 3, 1:54 PM

Oct 2015
Kek the 7G bit got me. This show seems to fit my type of autism.
Tired, always tired!
Apr 3, 6:54 PM

Jul 2017
Well I definitely wasn't expecting that at all, but I'm for it. I'm really curious where they're going to take this story. I thought I had an idea what the vibe of this show was going to be, but after that setup, I got nothing now.

I only have one complaint, which is the warp speed pacing. I'm really hoping this is just for the intro episode, and it slows down from here on, because this was way too fast.

I love that they opened by making fun of 5G conspiracy theorists by having 7G destroy the world instantly on launch. That's hilarious.
Apr 3, 9:18 PM

Dec 2022
the fact i felt hooked by that episode even with a total onslaught of shit CGI tells me that this show must be a pretty exciting abstract kind of cozy sorta feel
Apr 4, 1:34 PM
Jan 2021
Those darn telephone towers, am i right?
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
Nov 2020
Watching girls beat up both a ferocious animal and a helpless senile old man makes me happy. I get the feeling a lot of weird things are going to happen, but get glossed over as if it's normal (Which I love).
Apr 4, 7:11 PM
Mar 2021
I was not a fan of how they included so much exposition during the early conversations. It was unnatural and it would be much more fun to learn about these things as we go, either directly stated or indirectly.

The concept of this anime is pretty cool. I was disappointed they revealed some things so fast like people adopting the mentality of these animals. With how the series seems to include a rich vocabulary I was hoping we viewers could speculate or gradually see these former humans adopting their traits. Afterall that should realistically happen if someone truly turns into an animal (the mind-body connection).

I'll see how it goes with this series but the concept, not the story the man character is going for, is what interests me. Since a good bit of the concept has already been explicitly stated I am not sure If I will like this series.
Apr 4, 10:27 PM

Oct 2022
Show can't lie to me. I can already see the dark undertones masked within this series.
Apr 5, 3:46 AM

Sep 2010
Not sure what I'm walking into with this series. I think I kind of liked Gakkou Gurashi, but I couldn't bear to watch more than a few episodes of Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko. Kemono Friends was great though.

Wonder why the figure is 21 1/4 years old to turn into an animal though...
If I interpret that as a date, it could be 2021 April 1, about 3 years ago from today, while the anime indicates a 2 year time skip...
If I convert it to days, it's about 7762 days, which is about 2 weeks short of 7777 days. Maybe it's close enough that they just say "21 years 3 months"?
Apr 5, 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
what the hell am i watching lmao
this for sure wasn't waht i expected

i'm not sure i like the animal filled world, or the fact that the girls will turn into animals too... but i guess it might be interesting to follow this train journey
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

59 by Jokuc »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

85 by Aletheia_xxx »»
May 15, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

76 by MasterHavik »»
May 11, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22

103 by Aletheia_xxx »»
May 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15

118 by MasterHavik »»
May 8, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.