Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 1:51 PM
Jun 2021
What a nothingburger of a chapter. Tool characters that won't ever appear again/be major talking for 27 pages straight to hype up what happened when it all could've been done in like 3-4 panels. This has to be the author buying time with this chapter before going ahead with the main story.

Manga just keeps disappointing for now. We get it. The 70 panels of adult men wanting the teenager girl to love them and lusting for her were enough to hype us up, holy shit. Can we have actual important characters talk again? Please? Marin just leaving without talking to him all day last chapter when she knew something was wrong was so out of place already. I don't need a giga filler right after, man...

And before anyone says "muh storytelling yadayada": The hype is there already. We know what all these men think already. The new men this chapter had like 6 good speech bubbles (when it involved Haniel author). The rest was padding that did NOTHING at all for the manga or storyprogress or worldbuilding. This is a MONTHLY manga. This whole chapter could've been put into 8 pages without losing any content or suffering in quality. This is weak as fuck, fr :(.
shutcardboardFeb 15, 1:59 PM
Feb 15, 2:18 PM
Oct 2020
shutcardboard said:
What a nothingburger of a chapter. Tool characters that won't ever appear again/be major talking for 27 pages straight to hype up what happened when it all could've been done in like 3-4 panels. This has to be the author buying time with this chapter before going ahead with the main story.

Manga just keeps disappointing for now. We get it. The 70 panels of adult men wanting the teenager girl to love them and lusting for her were enough to hype us up, holy shit. Can we have actual important characters talk again? Please? Marin just leaving without talking to him all day last chapter when she knew something was wrong was so out of place already. I don't need a giga filler right after, man...

And before anyone says "muh storytelling yadayada": The hype is there already. We know what all these men think already. The new men this chapter had like 6 good speech bubbles (when it involved Haniel author). The rest was padding that did NOTHING at all for the manga or storyprogress or worldbuilding. This is a MONTHLY manga. This whole chapter could've been put into 8 pages without losing any content or suffering in quality. This is weak as fuck, fr :(.

Well I enjoyed it. Yeah they could of shortened their conversation but I think it adds well personally. Even tho I enjoyed it I still hope it gets back to the main characters now.
Feb 15, 2:19 PM

Jan 2021
I can't remember seeing a manga inside a manga that I would without a single doubt call overrated before, I don't care about this Haniel shit, return to be an actual romcom.
Feb 15, 2:25 PM

Apr 2016
I'm just disappointed every single month over and over again. Sigh
Feb 15, 2:44 PM

Jun 2020
"Well Done". Is this an appreciation or does the author consider it a declaration of challenge to create Haniel with expressions that will be mesmerizing and difficult to replicate? Judging from his expression, we as readers cannot yet see this speculation.

Feb 15, 4:07 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Stanleyliam1990
shutcardboard said:

Well I enjoyed it. Yeah they could of shortened their conversation but I think it adds well personally. Even tho I enjoyed it I still hope it gets back to the main characters now.
@Stanleyliam1990 "Yeah they could of shortened their conversation but I think it adds well personally."

What does it add well? Or how? Honestly asking, dunno what you're getting at and I am interested to hear.

I have no problem with peeps still enjoying the manga even if the writing has declined quite a bit the past ~8?ish chapters. But the fact is that 90% of what the men said was already known or established to be happening after the most recent chapters. It was legit just them just repeating stuff. The only new things this chapter were seeing the author and him noticing the cosplay (1page), the huge amount of likes and the internet simping for a minor (2pages tops), a bit of interesting conversation (some panels) and... that's it pretty much.

I still unironically think the conversation could be cut down to ~5 pages and it would be infinitely more bearable. This is One Piece anime level almost, you finish that arc and the next episode starts with 5 minutes of repeating in a slideshow what just happened. Cmon.
Feb 15, 4:33 PM

Sep 2017
I really need the story to progress and Gojo's impostor syndrome to be gone, and the frequency of the chapters doesn't help tbh
I guess I'll be back to reading this two times a year
Feb 15, 4:35 PM

Aug 2021
gojo boutta get ntr'd
Feb 15, 5:44 PM
Sep 2023
bro it drags on so much.. what happened to school romcom? where are we now? we're so god damn lost in the woods since a few chapters..
Feb 15, 5:50 PM
Apr 2023
Haniel: "A poor angel who wasn't loved by the devil"
Somehow this parallel's Kitagawa's currently unrequited love/affection towards Gojou.
Feb 15, 6:55 PM
Jan 2022
While I also wish there was more here, I think this chapter was important to truly show the scale of Marin’s performance. Like it’s not just a single offer to become a pro. It’s literally trending worldwide. She’s already a celebrity despite no one knowing who she is.

Dragging it out like this makes the stakes much higher. It’s making me feel like the decision between becoming a pro or staying with Gojo is going to be the same thing as confessing her love for him. In other words, once we get over this drama, I think we’re in the end game (unless we pivot to Marin and Gojo as a couple).

Unlike other similar romcoms, I think this can work if it transitions to them as a couple since the premise is really their shared passion for cosplay (from different angles at least).
Feb 15, 8:04 PM
Aug 2016
maravilloso, buen cap
Feb 15, 9:30 PM

Feb 2023
I'm guessing that the Haniel author, who is an exacting creator himself will meet Gojo and give him some good mentoring to get him out of his rut. He will respect that Gogo 'gets' the meaning, unlike the anime creators.
Feb 15, 9:38 PM

Oct 2017
That last Gojou page oof, sucks to be him rn. His costume is top tier so maybe he'll get scouted too and then Marin and Gojou will have to make a decision whether to go pro and go their seperate ways or stay together.
Feb 16, 2:34 AM

May 2020
Everything was as expected and it was good. I love how Marin and Gojou are making it big, how the new characters are being carefully brought into contact with them. I expect next chap to mostly focus on Gojo, to make us understand his feelings and his overthinking (impostor syndrome?). I am also sick and tired of people complaining for the series being slow paced: get your ass back to shounen manga and let us enjoy slow and steady development.
The death of a man is a horrible thing; the death of a million is statistics.
Feb 16, 4:13 AM

Oct 2019
If you ever wondered what the word "pretentious" means in form of storytelling, you can see it in manga form right here. Fukuda literally spent 4 months jerking herself off.
Feb 16, 4:58 AM

Apr 2022
i did not wanna see old dudes yapping for that long. gojo in the dumps, only last panel was worth it lol and barely that.
Feb 16, 5:57 AM

Feb 2017
Reply to HailBritannia_
Everything was as expected and it was good. I love how Marin and Gojou are making it big, how the new characters are being carefully brought into contact with them. I expect next chap to mostly focus on Gojo, to make us understand his feelings and his overthinking (impostor syndrome?). I am also sick and tired of people complaining for the series being slow paced: get your ass back to shounen manga and let us enjoy slow and steady development.
HailBritannia_ said:

It's getting really tiresome to see a lot of complaints about this manga. I don't know, but I don't think you guys are forced to read this manga that you clearly don't like, in any way.

^ This user sums it up very well. ^
We are EVERYWHERE...
Feb 16, 6:01 AM

Feb 2017
Man, this chapter was awesome!

Poor Gojou, seems that he has a lot of burden on his shoulders, he knows that everything is getting out of hand...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Feb 16, 8:44 AM
Jan 2019
Another month, another disappointing chapter. No progress at all. Instead we see 20+ mor pages of people praising the cosplay, same as the last 5 chapters.... Fukada is just dragging out the story so much...
Feb 16, 9:19 AM

Apr 2016
What a useless chapter… This series is disappointing me so much recently.
Feb 16, 11:54 AM
Aug 2021
Too many people complaining about slow pacing every chapter and not enough people dropping it if the pacing bothers them, sad. It will go back to the regular schedule but saying there’s no progress is crazy. The reactions may not mean nothing to others but there’s a reason why reactions is important especially from Tokio, who is similar to Gojo since they’re both artists striving for perfection in their works and Tokio praising Gojo’s work as being an artist that respects his character is probably gonna pivot Gojo to get out of his depression hole.
Feb 16, 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
I would understand this stalling if the manga was still biweekly, but it is a monthly manga, this whole Haniel arc is really boring.
Feb 16, 12:28 PM

Sep 2013
Slow is an understatement. I've seen people say that "the pacing will be improved when reading the entire volume." But I'd probably be more annoyed if I bought the book, only to see 6 months of background characters simping for this cosplay.
Feb 16, 2:51 PM
Aug 2021
So 4 long months after the photoshoot started it is it is finally over and we can get actual story and not just "MY PWINCES IS A GODDESS!"...

Low and beyond the Mangaka has discovered another way to spend 95% of yet another chapter with "MY PWINCES IS A GODDESS!"...

At least the artwork was less copy and paste this month I guess, it's a low bar to hit but she just about managed to scrape it.
Feb 16, 2:54 PM
Aug 2021
shutcardboard said:

Genuinely believe the Mangaka just has mo idea how to progress in the story, is too stuck up to ask for help or advice and is just stretching this out for as long as possible whilst hoping she'll come up with the next bit of story before the publisher cancels the manga.
Feb 16, 2:55 PM
Aug 2021
Stanleyliam1990 said:
shutcardboard said:

What did it add that wasn't said in the previous 4 months of "MY PWINCES IS A GODDESS!"?
Feb 16, 2:59 PM
Aug 2021
HailBritannia_ said:

What development? A slow manga is fine but in what universe is just repeating "MY PWINCES IS A GODDESS!..." for 5 months straight development?
Feb 16, 3:33 PM
Jan 2021
Where are you guys reading your manga? The sources I've read from have sabotaged files and would just like to be able to read without tampered material (Removing pages from the original source and replacing it from other series), thanks!
Feb 16, 4:06 PM

Mar 2019
Sounds like I was completely justified in dropping this long ago. I know I'm far from the only one, too. You'd think the author would get a grip.
Feb 16, 4:41 PM

Jun 2016
A lot of time wasted to get across that the mangaka liked the cosplay. The final page did do a good job of showing Gojou's reaction to the publicity, but I feel like more focus could have been placed on other characters.
Feb 16, 7:08 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to tekkenshu7
Haniel: "A poor angel who wasn't loved by the devil"
Somehow this parallel's Kitagawa's currently unrequited love/affection towards Gojou.
@tekkenshu7 Ohhhh... Good observation! 😊 Gōjō just shuts himself in his room after the event...

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Feb 16, 7:12 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to marquinti2
@tekkenshu7 Ohhhh... Good observation! 😊 Gōjō just shuts himself in his room after the event...
@marquinti2
Maybe that's how Marin gets to 'unconsciously' bring out Haniel's character when she cosplayed Haniel, right?
Like low-key she was able to relate because she felt that she can't make Gojou feel her affection towards him
Feb 16, 7:12 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to RomanRonin
While I also wish there was more here, I think this chapter was important to truly show the scale of Marin’s performance. Like it’s not just a single offer to become a pro. It’s literally trending worldwide. She’s already a celebrity despite no one knowing who she is.

Dragging it out like this makes the stakes much higher. It’s making me feel like the decision between becoming a pro or staying with Gojo is going to be the same thing as confessing her love for him. In other words, once we get over this drama, I think we’re in the end game (unless we pivot to Marin and Gojo as a couple).

Unlike other similar romcoms, I think this can work if it transitions to them as a couple since the premise is really their shared passion for cosplay (from different angles at least).
@RomanRonin if they become a couple, I hope the story remains as a mainstay in the manga...not a sequel of some sort...

Marianne

Feb 16, 7:26 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to MoonPrincess_
Too many people complaining about slow pacing every chapter and not enough people dropping it if the pacing bothers them, sad. It will go back to the regular schedule but saying there’s no progress is crazy. The reactions may not mean nothing to others but there’s a reason why reactions is important especially from Tokio, who is similar to Gojo since they’re both artists striving for perfection in their works and Tokio praising Gojo’s work as being an artist that respects his character is probably gonna pivot Gojo to get out of his depression hole.
@MoonPrincess_ totally! Tokio and Gōjō are perfectionist and might have the same mindset... These two are destined to meet each other through Marin.

Marianne

Feb 16, 7:35 PM

Oct 2021
Haniel (cosplayed by Marin) mesmerized Tokio. Tokio is now bowing before his very creation --- what an ironic twist. When he tweeted or reposted Marin, that says it all: he is recognizing Gōjō --- the costume maker of the Haniel cosplay! It's about time we get proper content in this manga series. 😊

Marianne

Feb 16, 10:36 PM

Aug 2015
Well it definitively doesn't help that if you are as apathetic as me, but holy hell, why is Wakana so damn depressed? And he won't talk to Marin unless Mr.Mangaka himself talks to him and makes him realize that his peefectionist fetish won't be understood by anyone else besides himself (and maybe Marin) which is why no one gives a damn about him, only "Pwincess".

And yes the no-development is killing the manga. I am grateful of the 30 page chapter, but at the same time this felt like a bunch of self insert jokes such as "Mangaka work even on holidays" and "The editors are always pressing" instead of getting to the point.
Feb 17, 6:04 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to marquinti2
@MoonPrincess_ totally! Tokio and Gōjō are perfectionist and might have the same mindset... These two are destined to meet each other through Marin.
@marquinti2 I think Gojo needs to meet Tokio without Marin honestly because Tokio has a lot of experience when it comes to mastering his craft even though he’s a mangaka. Tokio is the silent type where he doesn’t compliment unless he means it, same thing as Gojo does when he calls something/someone “beautiful”. I hope when Gojo sees his comment, Gojo can dust himself off and pick himself up again.
Feb 17, 7:17 AM

May 2020
Reply to marquinti2
@marquinti2 I'm definitely looking forward to their interactions and I do think Tokio may help Gōjō reach his artistic maturity.
The death of a man is a horrible thing; the death of a million is statistics.
Feb 19, 8:41 PM
Mar 2022
increasingly looking forward to the development of Gojo's relationship with Marin.
Feb 19, 11:35 PM

Apr 2021
shutcardboard said:

So true. Reading Sono Bisque Doll rn is like reading my old college reports it's just saying the same shit over and over to fill pages.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 1:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Heh, even Shiba-sensei retweeted the post, this is going to go bonkers for sure! It's been building up to this but here's to hoping this won't take the main romance storyline out of the picture.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 20, 4:30 AM
Aug 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:
Heh, even Shiba-sensei retweeted the post, this is going to go bonkers for sure! It's been building up to this but here's to hoping this won't take the main romance storyline out of the picture.

What main romance storyline? That hasn't been mentioned for almost a year at this point...
Feb 22, 8:33 AM

May 2020
Two people cringe-talking about how seeing a cosplay firsthand would've changed their entire outlook over life.

Nothing happening is one thing, but this is just author repeating the same thing, reusing the same drawings, and recycling the same dialouges, chapter, after chapter, after chapter and after chapter. Has been around 10 chapters now.

No doubt this is the lowest we've seen this manga go.
Feb 25, 1:55 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
The charm is gone entirely! Filler, no romance, no comedy, and no fun.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Feb 27, 5:36 AM
Nov 2023
i gotta wait like a damn shmuck for a month just so i can see the aftermath of the last panel, which should have already been shown in this chapter
Feb 27, 2:47 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Greentreefrog
I'm guessing that the Haniel author, who is an exacting creator himself will meet Gojo and give him some good mentoring to get him out of his rut. He will respect that Gogo 'gets' the meaning, unlike the anime creators.
@Greentreefrog This seems really likely to happen.

Overall i think that despite this chapter being okay-ish , i don't like chapters which are mostly people talking about "this character is iterally a goddess", i hope that next chapter isn't more screenshots of Twitter talking about how good is the cosplay, and it's more centered on the fact that Gojo is absolutely destroyed rn
Mar 2, 9:30 AM

May 2016
I wish they recognized Wakana's work more.
Mar 3, 11:12 PM

Aug 2018
NTR ending in the making
Mar 24, 10:46 PM

Sep 2020
Pretty good but I wanna see them kiss now :<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 103 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - May 16

32 by Jkickit »»
Jun 5, 10:50 AM

» NEW INFO on June 7, 2024!

Knighthammer619 - May 18

9 by Vampire_Lord »»
May 19, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

7 by M4W4LK »»
May 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 102 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Mar 14

40 by Kaylakaze »»
May 7, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 86 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Jan 5, 2023

17 by Kaylakaze »»
Apr 27, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.