Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 31, 9:48 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Technopunk
@bevarnow Physics faculty, so I usually have experiments in different fields. These also have practical use in real life by doing your won electrical wiring, or at the very least know if the mechanic has done his job right. Science experiment work is great if you want to be a physics teacher as you can learn physics easier through practical work, actually understanding what all those presentations with theorems and math are telling you.
@Technopunk Very interesting, and I respect anyone whose willing to mess with electrical wiring lol

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Jan 31, 9:49 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Swiggy
@bevarnow Thank you! I'd eventually like to get cushions and such that match the aesthetic more, but for now plushies and mismatched watermelons it is.
Watermelon is, indeed, my favorite fruit! I also feel like they go along with my personality pretty well: mellow on the outside yet vibrant on the inside. Something like that!
@Swiggy I bet some cushions and stuff would defo match the aesthetic more, maybe even a nice small rug

Chris
Jan 31, 9:50 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Kwanthemaster
@bevarnow
When my mom started buying Cuties mandarins, I enjoyed the stickers they'd apply to them. It was typically seasonal-themed and had some sort of cute slogan which I'd enjoy looking at when grabbing one to eat. Well one day it occurred to me that since I enjoyed these stickers, why don't I save them? So I began to add them to a small notebook I had. Eventually this lead to grabbing all of the fruit/vegetable stickers I could find, even going as far as picking them off produce in store and filling my arms with them to apply to my notebooks (this was serious business). Eventually I stopped this and would just add what we purchased, but eventually I got tired of collecting dozens of the same Del Monte banana stickers, so I just eventually stopped. Maybe some day I'll get back to it and be more intentional about not collecting so many duplicates (or make some sort of art out of them), but I still do enjoy looking at the diversity of them, and apparently, I'm not alone, as there's a database with then thousands: http://fruitsticker.de/4images/index.php
@Kwanthemaster I see, looks like you became obsessed at some point lol. It did kinda surprise me at first, but then again I remembered people literally collect anything and everything

Chris
Jan 31, 10:06 AM

Oct 2019
Currently collecting Chinese novels
Jan 31, 12:20 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to MXTXEnthusiast
Currently collecting Chinese novels
@MXTXEnthusiast Interesting. Why Chinese specifically? Any that you're looking for in particular?

Chris
Feb 2, 4:32 AM
Hmmmmm

Oct 2023
I collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, has been on pause for a bit though
Feb 4, 10:41 AM
Dec 2023
Mostly retro video games from the PS1/PS2 days, old-school anime DVD's, and figurines of video game and anime characters. I don't go overboard with it though, but like to treat myself to something rare and special every now and again for the shear love of collecting hard-to-come-by and valuable merchandise.
Feb 4, 1:07 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Riuffie
Mostly retro video games from the PS1/PS2 days, old-school anime DVD's, and figurines of video game and anime characters. I don't go overboard with it though, but like to treat myself to something rare and special every now and again for the shear love of collecting hard-to-come-by and valuable merchandise.
@TrophyhntrYuffie What would you say is one of the rarest items among your collections?

Chris
Feb 7, 2:58 PM

Oct 2023
manga and comic books and also dvds.
hello, it's me jojo and this is my website.
Feb 7, 7:46 PM

Jan 2020
Music in the form of FLACs, I suppose :P

Feb 7, 8:27 PM

Jun 2014
I collect maps and chess sets.

For chess sets, I have a standard tournament set, the Harry Potter Wizard's Chess, Tridimensional chess from Star Trek and a set made from soapstone all the way from Afghanistan.

My maps are mostly just a world map, a county map, one of Tatooine, and a bunch of atlases.
Feb 8, 2:10 AM

Oct 2021
I like to collect scarfs of my favorite football club, 1. FSV Mainz 05. I'm at around 15 scarfs atm.
Feb 9, 9:43 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to bevarnow
@TrophyhntrYuffie What would you say is one of the rarest items among your collections?
@bevarnow It's hard to say what the most priciest or rarest ones would be in my collection, but to give an example, I own Parasite Eve 1 and 2 on PS1, Silent Hill 2, 3, The Room, Origins, Downpour, and Homecoming (PS2/3), All three Shadow Hearts games on PS2, and the Trilogy for Spyro on PS1 (The Collector's Edition) I know that there are more rarer and expensive games out there to buy on consoles like the PS1 and 2. Games I would like to eventually be able to afford would be the first 2 Clock Tower games, I own the Third one, and the first Silent Hill game on PS1.
Feb 9, 5:17 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Riuffie
@bevarnow It's hard to say what the most priciest or rarest ones would be in my collection, but to give an example, I own Parasite Eve 1 and 2 on PS1, Silent Hill 2, 3, The Room, Origins, Downpour, and Homecoming (PS2/3), All three Shadow Hearts games on PS2, and the Trilogy for Spyro on PS1 (The Collector's Edition) I know that there are more rarer and expensive games out there to buy on consoles like the PS1 and 2. Games I would like to eventually be able to afford would be the first 2 Clock Tower games, I own the Third one, and the first Silent Hill game on PS1.
@TrophyhntrYuffie I've always seen that the Silent Hill games are always so expensive. Do you know why that is so?

Chris
Feb 9, 7:28 PM
Jul 2015
Manga. I think I'm at around 1k volumes now. Space is beginning to become a problem, so I slowed down on it a little. I found that I was buying new sets and just storing them in boxes. I also collect soccer jerseys.

I used to collect video games and CCGs. I've been losing interest in games as I've gotten older so I kinda just stopped that for the most part. In terms of CCGs, I don't have anyone to play with so I stopped that too. I'm kinda tempted to sell off most of the game collection tbh, they don't mean as much to me anymore.

Feb 9, 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Stone76
Manga. I think I'm at around 1k volumes now. Space is beginning to become a problem, so I slowed down on it a little. I found that I was buying new sets and just storing them in boxes. I also collect soccer jerseys.

I used to collect video games and CCGs. I've been losing interest in games as I've gotten older so I kinda just stopped that for the most part. In terms of CCGs, I don't have anyone to play with so I stopped that too. I'm kinda tempted to sell off most of the game collection tbh, they don't mean as much to me anymore.
@Stone76
How do you stop all the manga from getting damaged?
Feb 9, 9:09 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to traed
@Stone76
How do you stop all the manga from getting damaged?
@traed Damaged in what regard? Cause I've never had a problem with that

Feb 9, 9:22 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Stone76
@traed Damaged in what regard? Cause I've never had a problem with that
@Stone76
Getting bent up, crumpled, torn, water damaged, faded ink, yellowed paper, mouldy etc
Feb 9, 9:39 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to traed
@Stone76
Getting bent up, crumpled, torn, water damaged, faded ink, yellowed paper, mouldy etc
@traed

For the ones that I don't have displayed, I pack them in boxes with some sort of padding. They aren't at risk for any of that stuff at that point. Or at least, I've never had it happen. A lot of the stuff you listed comes from them being in the sun or in moisture, and they don't come into contact with either just being in a box. Unless your room is humid or something, but at that point you could probably buy a dehumidifier and be fine.

For stuff I have displayed, I just keep those bookshelves out of sunlight and moisture. Tbh those 2 things are pretty much all that you have to do for the most part. They won't crumple up or get bent just sitting in a box or shelf, so you'd have to do something yourself to have that happen.

Feb 10, 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to traed
@Stone76
@traed the advice given above is all good. If you want to go all out. Micro chamber paper and acid free bags make a big difference in the long run.
Feb 10, 10:55 PM

Jan 2023
I used to collect Pokémon cards since '98 but recently I finished selling off my entire collection and used the money to buy an apartment.

I'm starting to collect manga that I like now instead and I got these massive bookshelf for them.

Feb 11, 4:58 PM

Jun 2016
@bevarnow Pretty cool to see another militaria collector on MAL. I collect mostly uniforms.

Pic related is a little outdated but everything here is a whole uniform including the pants, and authentic except for the Rhodesian brushstroke which is a reproduction, and the Class As and woodland jacket infront of it were my dad's from his time in the army. I've since added a pre-Afghanistan/1970s-era Soviet uniform.

I also have an extensive collection of 7.62x39 AK magazines from different countries. On the far left are three 20-rounders from North Korea and Hungary. Then are my 30-rounders from USSR, East Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Pakistan, China, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Finland, and Egypt. After that are 40-rounders mostly from USSR, Romania, and Bulgaria and 75-round drums from China and Romania.
Feb 12, 6:16 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Lost_Viking
@bevarnow Pretty cool to see another militaria collector on MAL. I collect mostly uniforms.

Pic related is a little outdated but everything here is a whole uniform including the pants, and authentic except for the Rhodesian brushstroke which is a reproduction, and the Class As and woodland jacket infront of it were my dad's from his time in the army. I've since added a pre-Afghanistan/1970s-era Soviet uniform.

I also have an extensive collection of 7.62x39 AK magazines from different countries. On the far left are three 20-rounders from North Korea and Hungary. Then are my 30-rounders from USSR, East Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Pakistan, China, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Finland, and Egypt. After that are 40-rounders mostly from USSR, Romania, and Bulgaria and 75-round drums from China and Romania.
@Lost_Viking Oh very nice very nice. I wish I was able to get my hands onto some firearms related stuff. What are these two uniforms? The one on the right is giving some sort of Chine Type ## vibe, but I don't recognize it.

Chris
Feb 12, 11:55 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to bevarnow
@Lost_Viking Oh very nice very nice. I wish I was able to get my hands onto some firearms related stuff. What are these two uniforms? The one on the right is giving some sort of Chine Type ## vibe, but I don't recognize it.

@bevarnow The first one is Russian VSR-93/Dubok, in almost brand-new condition for it's age.
The second is Afghan Spec4ce Forest, which the Youtube channel Uniform history has some good videos on:

Feb 13, 6:10 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Lost_Viking
@bevarnow The first one is Russian VSR-93/Dubok, in almost brand-new condition for it's age.
The second is Afghan Spec4ce Forest, which the Youtube channel Uniform history has some good videos on:

@Lost_Viking I see, very nice and very cool!

Chris
Feb 13, 6:50 PM
Apr 2020
Ive always loved collecting sets of playing cards
Feb 15, 10:43 PM
Jan 2023
The main things would be manga, anime, figures, patches/pins, CDs, digital games if those count, and I'll occasionally collect some other things that strike my fancy. Got a bunch of Frieren jigsaw puzzles, if I find those fun, I might just start collecting those more. I have a few physical game collections, focused around Two Worlds and Cing, plus a few holdouts for GBA and DS that I've kept. Really though, I want to start saving more money/donating to charity, and only collect stuff I truly want, maybe pick up some hobbies that are creative rather than consumptive. Plus, I'm basically out of space, since I limit myself to what I can fit in a single room, to keep myself from getting too out of control. Training myself to appreciate digital manga and ebooks for that reason.
バンバンババン (野蛮回路)
Feb 16, 1:24 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Sadahon
The main things would be manga, anime, figures, patches/pins, CDs, digital games if those count, and I'll occasionally collect some other things that strike my fancy. Got a bunch of Frieren jigsaw puzzles, if I find those fun, I might just start collecting those more. I have a few physical game collections, focused around Two Worlds and Cing, plus a few holdouts for GBA and DS that I've kept. Really though, I want to start saving more money/donating to charity, and only collect stuff I truly want, maybe pick up some hobbies that are creative rather than consumptive. Plus, I'm basically out of space, since I limit myself to what I can fit in a single room, to keep myself from getting too out of control. Training myself to appreciate digital manga and ebooks for that reason.
@Sadahon What type of patches and pins do you have?

Chris
Feb 16, 1:29 PM

Jun 2017
I've started collecting anime figures, yeah. I'll probably get either one expensive or two mid ones per month for a bit.
Feb 16, 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
I just collect movie tickets(just for a sentimental reason, bcs the texts will disappear overtime), tgc cards, game(digitally, i guess every gamer do this naturally), and novels. Nothing fancy since I'm broke af.

I just started collecting menu card from a certain cafe, and want to collecting more mask so i can do another low budget cosplay.
Feb 16, 4:50 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to bevarnow
@Sadahon What type of patches and pins do you have?
@bevarnow at the moment, I'd reckon about half bands/music stuff, and half various pop culture things like anime and gaming. Stuff comes in and out as I reevaluate my tastes and whatnot

I actually have a few morale patches too that I couldn't pass up, but I don't have anything to stick em to lol
バンバンババン (野蛮回路)
Feb 16, 5:50 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Sadahon
@bevarnow at the moment, I'd reckon about half bands/music stuff, and half various pop culture things like anime and gaming. Stuff comes in and out as I reevaluate my tastes and whatnot

I actually have a few morale patches too that I couldn't pass up, but I don't have anything to stick em to lol
@Sadahon Anything thing your collection that you find interesting that it even exists?

Chris
Feb 16, 5:51 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Scavendgarr
I just collect movie tickets(just for a sentimental reason, bcs the texts will disappear overtime), tgc cards, game(digitally, i guess every gamer do this naturally), and novels. Nothing fancy since I'm broke af.

I just started collecting menu card from a certain cafe, and want to collecting more mask so i can do another low budget cosplay.
@Scavendgarr What type of novels do you collect?

Chris
Feb 16, 7:03 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to bevarnow
@Sadahon Anything thing your collection that you find interesting that it even exists?
@bevarnow these days there are so many independent patch and pin makers that not much surprises me anymore, aside from more niche stuff. Like I got a Helck pin off etsy before the anime even aired I think, found a bootleg Perfect Blue woven patch on ebay, Ys had multiple lines of official enamel pins. And basically any time a ska band has a patch it surprises me, when it's official doubly so. Never in my life would I have expected a nice woven patch to appear The Selecter's webstore

anyways, thanks for asking about this stuff, everyone likes to gush now and then lol
バンバンババン (野蛮回路)
Feb 16, 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to bevarnow
@Scavendgarr What type of novels do you collect?
@bevarnow anything. From george r. R. Martin to dan brown. Basically i like to read so after finished reading it become my collection. So nothing limited edition, just regular novel.
Feb 17, 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
Scavendgarr said:
movie tickets(just for a sentimental reason, bcs the texts will disappear overtime)

This is so frustratiing. Me too. But less cause you dont always get a ticket when you buy anymore. But ig its good too so you can throw them out easier some day because of it but theyre just fun and nice to have. Its a little bummer if you really liked a movie or moment and want to keep the ticket.

I dont really collect anything anymore. But ive not thrown out some card collection i have but its just one folder.
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
Feb 18, 12:16 AM
۰˚☽˚⁀➷。

Jul 2022
Aside from anime merch / manga I collect-
Wheat pennies
Foreign currency
Flamingo stuffed animals

I'd like to also start collecting pinned insects again, but I don't really have the space for that currently.

鐘の音が聞こえるかね?「紅蓮よこの身を焦がし私を導け」
*+♰。.🕭.。♰+ *
ダーク・ファイア「くすぶる欲望」
Feb 18, 5:36 AM

Feb 2018

Anime Character Dolls, with a specific focus on the "To Heart" Series.

Nearly All of my Chara Dolls are unified by the OBITSU 26cm. Aftermarket Doll Body;

MasterTasukeApr 10, 9:13 PM
Feb 18, 6:07 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to x-day
Wheat pennies
Foreign currency
Flamingo stuffed animals

I'd like to also start collecting pinned insects again, but I don't really have the space for that currently.
@x-day I find currency collecting fascinating. I have some Japanese invasion currency and some mark notes from the time of hyperinflation after WWI. What kind of foreign currency do you like to collect most?
Feb 18, 10:36 AM

Jun 2020
i like collect my scabs after they fall off
Feb 18, 10:54 AM
۰˚☽˚⁀➷。

Jul 2022
Reply to MrYujufudan
@x-day I find currency collecting fascinating. I have some Japanese invasion currency and some mark notes from the time of hyperinflation after WWI. What kind of foreign currency do you like to collect most?
@MrYujufudan

Nice! I have a lot of German currency from wwii passed down from my great grandfather (he was an American soldier so no one gets the wrong idea lmao)

Since my collection started with what was given to my by my great grandfather, I like collecting currency that I have a sort of sentimental connection to. I have quite a few foreign family members / friendships so currency from them just feels more special? It's also a great conversation started to talk about their history and where they grew up. A lot of people have a lot of memories tied to money, good and bad.

My favorite currency by looks at the moment is the 25,000 Iraqi dinar. But I'm also biased for sentimental reasons there too since my boyfriend is from Iraq, so I've been especially interested in Arab currency lately.

*+♰。.🕭.。♰+ *
ダーク・ファイア「くすぶる欲望」
Feb 18, 12:14 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to x-day
Wheat pennies
Foreign currency
Flamingo stuffed animals

@x-day Why flamingo stuffed animals specifically? Your favorite animal I could only presume

Chris
Feb 18, 2:28 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to x-day
@MrYujufudan

Nice! I have a lot of German currency from wwii passed down from my great grandfather (he was an American soldier so no one gets the wrong idea lmao)

Since my collection started with what was given to my by my great grandfather, I like collecting currency that I have a sort of sentimental connection to. I have quite a few foreign family members / friendships so currency from them just feels more special? It's also a great conversation started to talk about their history and where they grew up. A lot of people have a lot of memories tied to money, good and bad.

My favorite currency by looks at the moment is the 25,000 Iraqi dinar. But I'm also biased for sentimental reasons there too since my boyfriend is from Iraq, so I've been especially interested in Arab currency lately.
@x-day That's really interesting. I don't have any German currency from WWII, but I do have a German issued spoon. Apparently their silverware was worth taking. Is the dinar from the time Sadam was in power or some other time?
MrYujufudanFeb 19, 5:16 PM
Feb 18, 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Dostojevskij
Scavendgarr said:
movie tickets(just for a sentimental reason, bcs the texts will disappear overtime)

This is so frustratiing. Me too. But less cause you dont always get a ticket when you buy anymore. But ig its good too so you can throw them out easier some day because of it but theyre just fun and nice to have. Its a little bummer if you really liked a movie or moment and want to keep the ticket.

I dont really collect anything anymore. But ive not thrown out some card collection i have but its just one folder.
@Dostojevskij i feel you man, i feel you.
Feb 18, 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
I don't collect anything besides clothes and books. Too much would weigh me down if I ever decided to move, so I donate everything after I have used them.
Feb 19, 7:53 AM

Jan 2024
I collect books, crystals, furbies, tamagotchis and other toys from the 90s-00s
Feb 19, 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
I really like collecting n64 games because it reminds me of simple times and the games are still fun to play.
Feb 19, 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
I really like collecting n64 games because it reminds me of simple times and the games are still fun to play.
Feb 19, 12:58 PM
۰˚☽˚⁀➷。

Jul 2022
Reply to bevarnow
@x-day Why flamingo stuffed animals specifically? Your favorite animal I could only presume
@bevarnow Yup! And I just think they look interesting.

*+♰。.🕭.。♰+ *
ダーク・ファイア「くすぶる欲望」
Feb 19, 1:19 PM
۰˚☽˚⁀➷。

Jul 2022
Reply to MrYujufudan
@x-day That's really interesting. I don't have any German currency from WWII, but I do have a German issued spoon. Apparently their silverware was worth taking. Is the dinar from the time Sadam was in power or some other time?
@MrYujufudan
Interesting! I wonder if my great grandmother has any German silverware. Shes still alive at 98 years old so she still has a majority of my great grandfathers stuff from war times. Wish I was closer to that side of the family tbh, I bet her house has a ton of interesting antiques in it.

The dinar is Iraq's current currency, it replaced the Indian rupee as Iraq's currency sometime in the early 1930s. The dinar is unsurprisingly basically worthless, the 25000 dinar is worth less than 20 us dollars. But I think the bank notes are beautiful. I really like Arabic design, its so intricate and interesting.

*+♰。.🕭.。♰+ *
ダーク・ファイア「くすぶる欲望」
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» I showed the music that I've produced to my father, he liked it

weirdmusty7 - Today

16 by Kwanthemaster »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 10

74 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
16 minutes ago

» Twitter is officially X.com now

deg - Today

22 by Kwanthemaster »»
17 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

31 by DesuMaiden »»
51 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

54 by DesuMaiden »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.