Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
100 chapters! Gratz.

And that's a wrap for the cosplay event, once again great job Marin. She even was invited to go pro. Gojou though?
Jan 18, 12:55 PM
Mar 2023
Did they get together yet
Jan 18, 12:59 PM
Jun 2021
Yeah, nah. Completely lost me with this chapter. The author wants to tell us that Marin sees something is clearly wrong with Gojou and from the end of the shoot, meeting up with the friends, changing clothes, probably hanging out a bit and then the train ride home she didn't try to talk to him once...? The fuck is this terrible pacing and timeskipping this chapter? And the past 100/120 panels were guys falling in love for her in that one singular quick showing.. huh.

Now, Gojou still thinking he isn't good enough for her and that only being amplified x10 with everything that happened (Marin turning into everyone's fav girl) and Marin being indifferent to it apart from one concerned look is a bit different than what I expected. I knew we wouldn't get !insane huge massive! progress finally but this is pretty much nothing.

This chapter is actually a kick in the balls and one huge disappointment in terms of payoff for the past 3 chapters being only "muh princess" filler :/

Edit: Holy shit, Page 21, the placement of the bubble covering Gojou's name right when she finally remembers he was there, physically, too and for the first time in a while really looks at him. Actually well done by the author, gotta give them this one.
shutcardboardJan 18, 1:12 PM
Jan 18, 1:03 PM

Apr 2021
I couldn't help but think about monkey when that new girl was introduced since in my language Abe means monkey.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 1:14 PM
Dec 2022
100 chapters already! woo-hoo!
Jan 18, 1:19 PM
Sep 2023
Eldencheese said:

No, it's dragging and dragging on
Jan 18, 1:19 PM
Aug 2021
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

It's only taken what seems like a decade...
Jan 18, 1:20 PM
Dec 2022
StarZone1 said:
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

well, updating once every month has its drawbacks.
Jan 18, 2:26 PM

Feb 2014
Finally that masturbation was over, but I guess we got a nice scene with Gojou. I was wondering she thought about him once, but she never looked for him (understandable considering how tired she probably was), but it was too late. Gojou was already too depressed because people were more concerned with the cosplayer and no praises were given to the person that did all the hard work to create the costume. I wonder if the creator of the manga will be the one praising Gojou when everyone will be expecting him to praise only Marin.
Jan 18, 2:38 PM

Feb 2023
It really seems like she ditched Gojo and they went home more or less separately.

Pretty bad on Marin's part.
Jan 18, 2:58 PM

Apr 2016
Last few chapters are so fucking depressing.
Jan 18, 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
It really feels like the author is being a bit too clever in this story arc. The last few chapters, including this one, have been a joy to read, but the so many key aspects of the story and character reactions are conveyed through images alone make me feel there are going to be a lot of reactions and interpretations that the author didn't think of.

While it was first shown in the last chapter, this chapter reinforces that Gojou has finally realized exactly what he is doing. He has dedicated his life to pursuing the perfect beauty in his crafting of Hina Dolls and has transferred that passion and desire toward Marin and Cosplay. He went through one of the most grueling trials in his life and has come as close to perfection as he ever had. The problem is that Gojou forgot he was a doll maker, and doll makers don't play with the toys they make. He makes a large crowd of men fall in love with the girl he likes, and he's angry with himself because of it.

A key thing for Marin's development is that she has been denied her happy ending and she doesn't know why. Every other time Gojou and Marin have done a cosplay event, they have grown closer as a result. Marin naively believed this event was what would push them over the line into dating, but instead, they have become further apart than at any point in time during their friendship. It will be interesting to see what Marin believes is the cause; countless things could be the issue. Maybe Gojou is jealous, maybe she wasn't able to realize his vision and failed his expectations, or maybe she comes up with something else. What is true and what Marin probably already knows is that she has few traits that would make her a good girlfriend. She doesn't know how to emotionally support Gojou and instead just waits for his manic creative fits to pass. She can't cook well or the other tasks needed to provide a man good shelter. All she has is a pretty face, and she may have realized in this chapter that it won't help her get what she actually wants.

I'm excited to see where the story goes. It seems pretty clear that the cosplay is going to catch the attention of the author and elicit some reaction, but beyond that, I can't guess. Both Gojou and Marin still need some maturing to do before they can really support the other, and this story arc seems set up to deliver.
Jan 18, 4:04 PM

Feb 2022
Chapter 100 and it looks like a gap/rift is appearing in the relationship.....

Between someone seeing Marin's potential to be a pro and now Haniels creator about to see the photoshoot, Gojou is not in a good way as his insecurities will be hitting hard.
Jan 18, 4:20 PM
Jun 2017
I was waiting this chapter for so long...the number 100, but in the end, I am so disappointed for the timeskipping decided from the author.
I hope in a flashback or something else
Jan 18, 4:47 PM
Apr 2023
​Hahaha Marin kinda got that 'omedetou' moment like in evangelion xD
I wonder what's really going on in Wakana's mind? Is it the realization of his feelings or did he overhear and realize that him making costumes for Marin, now under a countdown?

Anyway, it seems that Marin may get some new commissions to cosplay a new manga character.
Jan 18, 7:19 PM
Feb 2021
I didn't believe it would happen, but it actually happened.

Rental girlfriend at this time(ch. 312) is unironically more enjoyable read than this. It has more character development and progression than bisque doll.

Last 4 chapters(Equals to 16 chapters of rental girlfriend cos of release schedule. Ch. 296 to 312 of rental girlfriend are unironically better than this waste that we are getting.) of bisque doll added no real value to the story besides the fact that she could go pro and Gojou seems like he understands that their time together might get cut short(which could have been all in one chapter since this is a monthly release now).

How do I know this? I'm just guessing cos author don't ever explain how Gojou feels. What he thinks or if he actually is thinking. He just stands in side lines or is making costumes. Nothing in between. I don't even remember when he did something else like cook for Marin. It was in the distant past when this manga used to be kinda better.

Now they are just reacting to the things that happened around them, they are not proactive and that's clear sign of bad writing or author having no clue what to do. At one point gojou had parents and friends but autor didn't know how Gojou and Marin would naturally meet and interact, those pesky friends and parents would make it hard for Gojou to make time for making cosplays for Marin. So author got rid of them ezpz scrubs. Now Gojou can be drone and have time anytime the "story" needs him, no strings attached. I'm not joking these are the words of the autor herself. You can find the QnA with her here on MaL.

As I was saying in chapters prior to this. She cannot write a dude. All those characters are superficial. And she keeps throwing random npc's there. Which are meant to move story forward. Bruh. Random girl from agency shows up, tells Marin she can go pro. Stakes are rised. Smiles are erased. Time is skipped...

And we are gonna cut trees for this so all the pages can be filled with nothing but fancy white noise.

This shiet won't get better until autor will be forced by editors to do something with the story and since she is getting away with telling and showing nothing every month, it's gonna be very bleak year of 2024 for bisque doll. Well now it's only 11 chapters left to the next year full of zooms on Marin eye, Gojou staring somewhere and Npc's showing to move story forward?!

I wanted to drop this sooner but chapter 100 seems like a nice milestone. I'll might check next year where this thrash goes.
Jan 18, 7:41 PM
Aug 2021
Pablo_Neruda1 said:
StarZone1 said:

It's not even that it's now monthly, it's that nothing actually happens in 4 out of 5 chapters.

We've just spent 3 chapters getting different shots of "Pwincess!". Before that we got 8 chapters of making the costume with little interaction between the two mains. Before that we had a filler chapter and then before that we had 6 months of some side plot where again, nothing happened but what's worse is you had no idea of who was who because they all looked exactly the same.
StarZone1Jan 18, 7:50 PM
Jan 18, 7:46 PM
Aug 2021
Phaetons_Folly said:
It really feels like the author is being a bit too clever in this story arc. The last few chapters, including this one, have been a joy to read, but the so many key aspects of the story and character reactions are conveyed through images alone make me feel there are going to be a lot of reactions and interpretations that the author didn't think of.

While it was first shown in the last chapter, this chapter reinforces that Gojou has finally realized exactly what he is doing. He has dedicated his life to pursuing the perfect beauty in his crafting of Hina Dolls and has transferred that passion and desire toward Marin and Cosplay. He went through one of the most grueling trials in his life and has come as close to perfection as he ever had. The problem is that Gojou forgot he was a doll maker, and doll makers don't play with the toys they make. He makes a large crowd of men fall in love with the girl he likes, and he's angry with himself because of it.

A key thing for Marin's development is that she has been denied her happy ending and she doesn't know why. Every other time Gojou and Marin have done a cosplay event, they have grown closer as a result. Marin naively believed this event was what would push them over the line into dating, but instead, they have become further apart than at any point in time during their friendship. It will be interesting to see what Marin believes is the cause; countless things could be the issue. Maybe Gojou is jealous, maybe she wasn't able to realize his vision and failed his expectations, or maybe she comes up with something else. What is true and what Marin probably already knows is that she has few traits that would make her a good girlfriend. She doesn't know how to emotionally support Gojou and instead just waits for his manic creative fits to pass. She can't cook well or the other tasks needed to provide a man good shelter. All she has is a pretty face, and she may have realized in this chapter that it won't help her get what she actually wants.

I'm excited to see where the story goes. It seems pretty clear that the cosplay is going to catch the attention of the author and elicit some reaction, but beyond that, I can't guess. Both Gojou and Marin still need some maturing to do before they can really support the other, and this story arc seems set up to deliver.

"a joy to read" I think we may have a different definition of joy because not story or any progression for 3 months with mediocre art is not what I'd call "a joy".
Jan 18, 7:56 PM
Dec 2022
StarZone1 said:
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

It's not even that it's now monthly, it's that nothing actually happens in 4 out of 5 chapters.

We've just spent 3 chapters getting different shots of "Pwincess!". Before that we got 8 chapters of making the costume with little interaction between the two mains. Before that we had a filler chapter and then before that we had 6 months of some side plot where again, nothing happened but what's worse is you had no idea of who was who because they all looked exactly the same.

hehe. I can't help but wholly agree with you.
Jan 18, 9:52 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to shutcardboard
Yeah, nah. Completely lost me with this chapter. The author wants to tell us that Marin sees something is clearly wrong with Gojou and from the end of the shoot, meeting up with the friends, changing clothes, probably hanging out a bit and then the train ride home she didn't try to talk to him once...? The fuck is this terrible pacing and timeskipping this chapter? And the past 100/120 panels were guys falling in love for her in that one singular quick showing.. huh.

Now, Gojou still thinking he isn't good enough for her and that only being amplified x10 with everything that happened (Marin turning into everyone's fav girl) and Marin being indifferent to it apart from one concerned look is a bit different than what I expected. I knew we wouldn't get !insane huge massive! progress finally but this is pretty much nothing.

This chapter is actually a kick in the balls and one huge disappointment in terms of payoff for the past 3 chapters being only "muh princess" filler :/

Edit: Holy shit, Page 21, the placement of the bubble covering Gojou's name right when she finally remembers he was there, physically, too and for the first time in a while really looks at him. Actually well done by the author, gotta give them this one.
@shutcardboard yes, I noticed how that comic panel covered Gojo's name; well-drawn by the author, indeed. 😁 Marin forgot Gojo, and might even forget him in the future if she goes pro. But what does Marin know about making her own costumes? Nothing. She needs Gojo to go pro!

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jan 18, 9:54 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Timer04
I couldn't help but think about monkey when that new girl was introduced since in my language Abe means monkey.
@Timer04 Ohhhh... So that's what it means... 🤔 hmmm... Some monkeying around might happen in future chapters ☹️😳🙊

Marianne

Jan 18, 9:58 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Phaetons_Folly

@Phaetons_Folly You noted everything eloquently in your paragraphs! Well said (especially when you clarified to readers like us that this cosplay only made Gōjo and Marin further apart)! 😢😣 Can't wait to see what the author of the Haniel manga do at this point forward.

Marianne

Jan 18, 10:02 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Knighthammer619
Chapter 100 and it looks like a gap/rift is appearing in the relationship.....

Between someone seeing Marin's potential to be a pro and now Haniels creator about to see the photoshoot, Gojou is not in a good way as his insecurities will be hitting hard.
@Knighthammer619 Shiba Tokio autographed the Marin Cosplay of that guy who picked up his phone at the end of the chapter. The author of the Haniel manga series might have already heard the news about this famous cosplayer dressed up as Haniel.

Marianne

Jan 18, 10:10 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to tekkenshu7
I wonder what's really going on in Wakana's mind? Is it the realization of his feelings or did he overhear and realize that him making costumes for Marin, now under a countdown?

Anyway, it seems that Marin may get some new commissions to cosplay a new manga character.
@tekkenshu7 "Countdown" is the right word to describe Gōjo's limited time with Marin. 😣🙁

Marianne

Jan 18, 10:20 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to tekkenshu7

@tekkenshu7 those would be a great opportunities for Marin, but she can't cosplay without Gōjo making the costumes for her...
marquinti2Jan 18, 10:32 PM

Marianne

Jan 18, 11:43 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to marquinti2
@shutcardboard yes, I noticed how that comic panel covered Gojo's name; well-drawn by the author, indeed. 😁 Marin forgot Gojo, and might even forget him in the future if she goes pro. But what does Marin know about making her own costumes? Nothing. She needs Gojo to go pro!
marquinti2 said:
But what does Marin know about making her own costumes? Nothing. She needs Gojo to go pro!

No she doesn't. Gojou's not even a professional costume maker. There are plenty of other people who can do that. If she goes pro she can have pros make her costumes. The agency she'll work for won't let some rando make her costume and have their own people do it unless they also invite Gojou with her.

marquinti2 said:
@tekkenshu7 those would be a great opportunities for Marin, but she can't cosplay without Gōjo making the costumes for her..
She can definitely go pro without him lmao.
Jan 18, 11:47 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to julesvr5
Eldencheese said:

julesvr5 said:
The main focus always has been cosplay with subtle but steady romance progression since the begining. Romance never has been the main focus so ofc it's gonna be slow.
MegamiRemJan 19, 12:40 AM
Jan 18, 11:49 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to StarZone1
Pablo_Neruda1 said:
StarZone1 said:

StarZone1 said:
It's a manga about cosplay so obviously they gonna focus on that? Tf you on about lmao.
Jan 19, 12:21 AM
Nov 2023
goJEALO...........
Jan 19, 1:48 AM
Aug 2020
I actually feel sad for Gojo. Not because of the story, but because of the inability of the mangaka.
Jan 19, 8:01 AM
Nov 2023
I just think that chapters 98,99,100 were stunning.I liked it a lot.

It was great but i can understand the feelings of others waiting a month to get that is a little disappointing.

i hope the author is well and in near future publishing weekly.
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Apr 2016
Every new chapter makes this more boring… I don’t know what to think now, I’ll reflect upon this arc when it finishes.
Jan 19, 11:17 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to Eldencheese
@Eldencheese maybe in chapter 200
Jan 19, 11:27 AM
Apr 2012
Glad they remembered the cosplay advice at the end. The Cosplays will always be great but let's hope the relationship has some development by Chapter 150 or 200. I'm also glad they are introducing new directions for future arcs.

HOWEVER, as readers you must be aware of the page length for chapters. It used to be 20-22 pages per chapter in the old days. Now it was recently increased to 30 pages for the recent chapters. The author asked for more drawing time as a result, so don't expect faster chapter speed. 2 week wait time minimum. Probably 3 weeks for translator groups. Maybe it'll be faster when Season 2 of the anime is out because manga series usually try to push out more content if possible and if the creators aren't assisting with the anime's production.

So please remember, the key to reading this manga is forgetting about it for months and coming back to see what's happened. Just put it out of your mind until June. Read other manga in the meantime.
Shining_FalconJan 19, 2:51 PM
Jan 19, 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah no, sorry this has been a complete waste of time, I told myself after the sleep over chapter that if nothing actually happening on the relationship front by chapter 100 Id drop this
I can't think of any reason to read this anymore after the author just stringing me along with lame plot points and boring characters that I can't care about
DeknijffJan 19, 12:33 PM
Jan 19, 2:44 PM

Oct 2023
Man, that was so cold by the mangaka.

Keeping Gojou away from the group and hiding him in the crowd like he's just some bystander.
Then when Marin thinks about hoping to do this forever covering up his name with the speech bubble about looking forward to Marin's response to going pro.
I know this is making it seem like Gojou suddenly doesn't matter anymore with the prospect of going pro, but I have faith in Marin. I don't think she would ever go pro if it meant not having Gojou making her cosplays anymore.

Gojou on the other hand finally becoming more aware of his feelings and probably realised that, in a sense, Marin is very much like a doll.
He poured all his love and effort into making her perfect and now she's being taken away, similarly to a doll being taken by a client once it is finished.
However just like with the dolls, when it comes to cosplays Gojou probably also feels like he's not good enough and is holding Marin back.
I also wonder if he heard the offer Marin got, which would have made his mental state even worse.

Since I've read a couple of times that it's weird for them to not talk at all after the photoshoot. I think it kinda makes sense.
Marin seems overwhelmed. She just had quite possibly the best day of her life, with this massive crowd going crazy over her cosplay and even being scouted for going pro and yet Gojou seems completely devastated. She doesn't know why and she's probably scared and doesn't know how to approach the topic.

I'm looking forward to where the story goes from here.
I just hope it's not gonna be this cliché development where Gojou convinces Marin to go pro without him and then she realises that it's not the same and that she can't perform to her fullest when the cosplay isn't made by him.
Jan 19, 4:01 PM

Feb 2020
Oh god here it comes... The inevitable misunderstanding arc. The most famous romcom trope there is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 4:42 PM

Jun 2016
We'll see how well this series handles the misunderstanding arc. I've enjoyed this series so far, but these arcs tend to drag on. It would be nice if they just talk about it and move on in the next chapter.
Jan 19, 4:50 PM
Feb 2023
jsooka said:
Oh god here it comes... The inevitable misunderstanding arc. The most famous romcom trope there is.

at this pace it may take 3 years to solve the misundestanding
Jan 19, 5:16 PM
Aug 2021
MegamiRem said:
StarZone1 said:
It's a manga about cosplay so obviously they gonna focus on that? Tf you on about lmao.

I mean you're wrong, it's set in a theme of Cosplay but it was clearly supposed to have a romance core between the two mains. That's why we got so much of it in the first 30 chapters. What's happened is the mangaka has realised they've no idea how to write male characters and sp have slammed the breaks on anything involving Gojo doing more than sowing a costume together.
Jan 19, 5:21 PM
Sep 2023
so we had 3-4 chapters of just a plain photoshoot and then just 4 panels of plot progression?
Jan 19, 5:21 PM
Aug 2021
nelcalb said:
jsooka said:

at this pace it may take 3 years to solve the misundestanding

Wait... you think they'd actually get around to solving the misunderstanding!?... You've got far more faith than I do.
Jan 19, 5:25 PM
Jul 2022
sorry but i'm dropping this 💀👍 might read again maybe in a couple YEARS, when 3 more chapters are released just to see no progress, as always lmao bye
Jan 19, 5:39 PM
Aug 2021
Shining_Falcon said:
Glad they remembered the cosplay advice at the end. The Cosplays will always be great but let's hope the relationship has some development by Chapter 150 or 200. I'm also glad they are introducing new directions for future arcs.

HOWEVER, as readers you must be aware of the page length for chapters. It used to be 20-22 pages per chapter in the old days. Now it was recently increased to 30 pages for the recent chapters. The author asked for more drawing time as a result, so don't expect faster chapter speed. 2 week wait time minimum. Probably 3 weeks for translator groups. Maybe it'll be faster when Season 2 of the anime is out because manga series usually try to push out more content if possible and if the creators aren't assisting with the anime's production.

So please remember, the key to reading this manga is forgetting about it for months and coming back to see what's happened. Just put it out of your mind until June. Read other manga in the meantime.

See that might make sense if there was story that they needed to come up with or high quality art. In reality there is no story and the art is average.

A couple of extra pages don't make up for the longer release nor do they count when half the chapter boxes are essentially all the same they may just be zoomed in or out a tad.
Jan 19, 6:12 PM
Apr 2012
Reply to StarZone1
Shining_Falcon said:

See that might make sense if there was story that they needed to come up with or high quality art. In reality there is no story and the art is average.

A couple of extra pages don't make up for the longer release nor do they count when half the chapter boxes are essentially all the same they may just be zoomed in or out a tad.
@StarZone1 Not going to disagree with that. I'm not blind to the average quality and slow development of the series at this point. Plus it doesn't help that there are two groups translating the chapters to English. One is good and the other is not so good. Both are available on Mangadex but some sites just jump back and forth between translators. Really confusing. And I agree about the Chapter Boxes and panel placement being a bit too similar across the board.

But I'll keep with the series because I've been followed this series since the manga was licensed and the anime was announced. Plus it did provide me with knowledge about cosplay, which I knew nothing about at the time. Might be useful someday.

Finally, you said the art is average. I think it's better than a lot of fantasy/isekai manga we see nowadays, but I have seen better. Everything in my top 10 manga on my profile is better. I'd be interested in knowing which manga you think have the best art @StarZone1 but you don't have a top 10/ Favourite Manga list on your profile and none of your manga are scored on your list. No worries. I'll leave a few recommendations and you can look into them or let me know which manga you think have the best art.

Shining_Falcon's List of Manga with some of the Best Art in the manga industry:

• The Climber (Kokou no Hito)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Master Keaton
  • Magus of the Library
  • Mushishi
  • Planetes
  • Tsubasa
  • Witch Hat Atelier
  • Vinland Saga
  • Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Hope that helps. Feel free to add them to your list or look into them.
Shining_FalconJan 19, 6:19 PM
Jan 19, 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Crohmwell
Man, that was so cold by the mangaka.

Keeping Gojou away from the group and hiding him in the crowd like he's just some bystander.
Then when Marin thinks about hoping to do this forever covering up his name with the speech bubble about looking forward to Marin's response to going pro.
I know this is making it seem like Gojou suddenly doesn't matter anymore with the prospect of going pro, but I have faith in Marin. I don't think she would ever go pro if it meant not having Gojou making her cosplays anymore.

Gojou on the other hand finally becoming more aware of his feelings and probably realised that, in a sense, Marin is very much like a doll.
He poured all his love and effort into making her perfect and now she's being taken away, similarly to a doll being taken by a client once it is finished.
However just like with the dolls, when it comes to cosplays Gojou probably also feels like he's not good enough and is holding Marin back.
I also wonder if he heard the offer Marin got, which would have made his mental state even worse.

Since I've read a couple of times that it's weird for them to not talk at all after the photoshoot. I think it kinda makes sense.
Marin seems overwhelmed. She just had quite possibly the best day of her life, with this massive crowd going crazy over her cosplay and even being scouted for going pro and yet Gojou seems completely devastated. She doesn't know why and she's probably scared and doesn't know how to approach the topic.

I'm looking forward to where the story goes from here.
I just hope it's not gonna be this cliché development where Gojou convinces Marin to go pro without him and then she realises that it's not the same and that she can't perform to her fullest when the cosplay isn't made by him.
@Crohmwell yeah I agree with everything you said. I feel that makes the most sense for why they aren't talking, though the way that it was delivered was still a but awkward. I felt like the same kinda scene coulda been made at the convention with him leaving ahead of them instead of them both getting on the same train without a word (though I know irl that kinda stuff sometimes happens).
Jan 20, 7:15 AM

Aug 2015
Well, that development would be a very interesting plot point if this was a josei, but it's not, so this is going to be used to drag on the manga for 45+ chapters.

If the author had balls and Marin was any smart, she would take the job offer and make her life out of her passion. Gojo keeps doing his thing and that's the perfect most logical ending. But this being a sort of romcom, it will develop a misunderstanding of Gojo's frustration and Marin feeling bad because she herself eclipsed the passion Gojo put into her costume. Well that and obviously some jealousy.

So in the next 20+ chapters we will eventually get to the point where Gojo goes emo with the "You should take the offer and go pro. I am just a hina doll amateur after all and you grew up over me" and Marin says some "I cant be at my fullest if my costume isn't made by you". At that point hopefully they start to date at least. I think the main enemy of this sort of plot point is the release schedule. The Haniel manga has been the best thing since the succubus-motel scene, but we have to wait too long for too little development. Also we did not needed 3 chapters and almost 50 pages of panels saying "himeee-samaaaa" all over the place.
Pakumen-Jan 20, 7:19 AM
Jan 20, 2:10 PM

May 2020
100 chapters of nothingness. That really deserves a congratulation.

I mean I don't know, six or seven chapters of just people photographing Marin with the same panels and same insufferable monologues is really bad.

And now that she has seen dude down for.. reasons unknown to her, we'll get in that phase where we would see these two and their inability to string even a couple of sentences to clear up any sort of misunderstanding. Wow.
Jan 21, 5:45 AM

Jun 2020
"Are you Marin Kitagawa because you are a professional cosplayer, or are you a professional cosplayer because you are Marin Kitagawa?"

~Gojo in his wavering heart
Jan 21, 11:11 AM
Aug 2021
Shining_Falcon said:
@StarZone1 Not going to disagree with that. I'm not blind to the average quality and slow development of the series at this point. Plus it doesn't help that there are two groups translating the chapters to English. One is good and the other is not so good. Both are available on Mangadex but some sites just jump back and forth between translators. Really confusing. And I agree about the Chapter Boxes and panel placement being a bit too similar across the board.

But I'll keep with the series because I've been followed this series since the manga was licensed and the anime was announced. Plus it did provide me with knowledge about cosplay, which I knew nothing about at the time. Might be useful someday.

Finally, you said the art is average. I think it's better than a lot of fantasy/isekai manga we see nowadays, but I have seen better. Everything in my top 10 manga on my profile is better. I'd be interested in knowing which manga you think have the best art @StarZone1 but you don't have a top 10/ Favourite Manga list on your profile and none of your manga are scored on your list. No worries. I'll leave a few recommendations and you can look into them or let me know which manga you think have the best art.

Shining_Falcon's List of Manga with some of the Best Art in the manga industry:

• The Climber (Kokou no Hito)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Master Keaton
  • Magus of the Library
  • Mushishi
  • Planetes
  • Tsubasa
  • Witch Hat Atelier
  • Vinland Saga
  • Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Hope that helps. Feel free to add them to your list or look into them.

I appreciate your views. The manga did start very promisingly and I've been reading from more or less the start or at least from when it eas mentioned on Trash Taste.

The info on the cosplay was a big draw for me to begin with apso and I wish it had more of that in it still.

I think the manga could benefit from a long pause so the mangaka can eork out more of the story and learn how to write males characters. I know the industry doesn't really work like that but it'd definitely help. At this point I'm just hoping the anime will go in it's own direction somewhat inorder to fix those issues.

I'm not a massive mamga reader and I'm not overly a fan of ranking something when it's not finished which is why I've held off on doing that. I'm also not overly fussed about the art. I've not read it yet but obviously the best art wpuld have to got to Berserk.

I'll certainly have a look through your recommendations though, thanks for that list.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 103 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - May 16

31 by MoonPrincess_ »»
May 22, 10:42 AM

» NEW INFO on June 7, 2024!

Knighthammer619 - May 18

9 by Vampire_Lord »»
May 19, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

7 by M4W4LK »»
May 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 102 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Mar 14

40 by Kaylakaze »»
May 7, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Chapter 86 Discussion

GeorgeDeSand - Jan 5, 2023

17 by Kaylakaze »»
Apr 27, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.