Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2023 9:41 AM
Feb 2021
In classic JJK fashion we are left wanting more, but in possibly the best ways possible.
Finally, we get to see how regular people react to the carnage in Shibuya. Political and economic ramifications are also heavily implied so that scratches my brain pretty good.
Yuta is back and I'm v worried for Yuji's future.
I've been slightly spoiled for a few events in S3, but I'm saying fiwb and reading the manga cus I wanna see what this man Gege put to paper...
Dope story, all respect to those involved - this created the last big anime moment in 2023 for many of us and I'm not disappointed in the slightest. MAPPA blessed!
Dec 28, 2023 9:42 AM

Sep 2020
I honestly thought Gojo would be released and beat the villains but guess have to in later part of the series, overall very amazing season, also the final episode gave me a few jumpsccares.
Dec 28, 2023 9:45 AM

Oct 2020
CULLING GAME LET'S GO!!!!! I mean let's Wait with patience!!!!!

It should take approx 23-24eps to adapt the entire culling game arc in a good pace imo.
Let's see what happens next.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM
Feb 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
With all of the action finally done, most of this episode was used to set up the next major arc, the Culling Game (thankfully the sequel has already been announced). And of course, the GOAT that we know from JJK0, Yuta, has made his return to the series and declares he will serve as Yuji's executioner. For some reason people on Twitter were uncertain about if that scene would be included, which is dumb because that's literally the perfect season-ending cliffhanger. Can't wait to see my boy in action next season.

What an adaptation, man. The staff took this arc and really elevated it above the manga, especially with how they handled the major fights and the deaths throughout the arc. The "high" moments of the arc felt even higher in the anime. No anime is perfect, and there were most definitely some hiccups here and there in this season, but the good heavily, HEAVILY outweighed the bad. Truly can't wrap my head around all the nitpicky complaints I was seeing over the littlest things, this adaptation was everything I could have wanted and more. To say it wasn't good is just flat out disingenuous. Also, both OPs were fantastic this season and i love how each of them perfectly captured the tone of the arcs they respectively covered. One last shout out to the staff for delivering big time despite the terrible work conditions and production schedule.

Culling Game arc on the way eventually, with it already being announced, and despite some people saying that JJK falls off at that point....no, it doesn't. 🤷‍♂️

Actually I think it does, it has a great start and a twist ending but that’s it, everything in between is just okay. It drags on way too much.
Dec 28, 2023 9:51 AM
Mar 2022
Yuta the goat is back
Lets gooooooooooooo
Dec 28, 2023 9:52 AM
Aug 2022
Only three words: WHAT THE F*CK!?
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM
Oct 2020
YUTA is finally back from Africa and now he's sent to kill Yuji. Kinda understandable after Sukuna killed that many people
Dec 28, 2023 9:59 AM
Dec 2019
peak season... the goat yuta is finally back too
Dec 28, 2023 10:01 AM
Jun 2020
THE GOAT YUTA IS BACK
Dec 28, 2023 10:01 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Tenshi_Budo
Nice power point presentation you got there
@Tenshi_Budo American education in 2023 😂 mfs brainrotted from tik tok and cry when there’s no action 🤣🤣
Dec 28, 2023 10:11 AM

Jun 2020
Yuta appearing in the opening had me so hyped. The animation was a little choppy this ep but aside from that I have no complaints really. One of the best battle shonen i’ve seen
Dec 28, 2023 10:16 AM

May 2020
I thought JJK s1 was mid and very overrated
but this season was peak fiction
way way better than season 1
cant wait for season 3
solid 9.5/10

Dec 28, 2023 10:19 AM

May 2021
Good to see Yuta appear. Pretty solid finale to this season. 9.5/10
Dec 28, 2023 10:23 AM

Nov 2021
My boy Yuta is finally back!!! If not for him. this episode is quite dull tbh. Can't wait to see more of him in the upcoming arc. Overall despite Mappa's awful treatment of animators the adaptation turned out incredible. I really hope that already announced culling games are gonna have better working environment for the animators
Dec 28, 2023 10:31 AM
Jul 2011
It was a great episode, the only thing I missed was a list of the characters who passed away. I'm realy sad about Inumaki and Todo. I also will miss a lot Nanami, he was my favorite character of the story. Now let's see what it will happen in the next arc. I haven't read the manga but it would be great a fight between Yuuji and Yuta
Dec 28, 2023 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Ikemen_sama
This season left me with this unsettling feeling in my stomach...i do not like the chaos the show's presenting... Ah man, if only it be something easygoing like season1... Lot's of things going on in the aftermass...the announcement with the death sentence with yaga, itadori...strange..

why don't they announce to pursuit geto if anything, also it was stupid for they forbidding unseal Gojo.... that's also kinda weird .. just what are the higher-ups thinking....

Also regarding Yuta's "imma kill itadori" statement...i found similar vibes as other generic shounen tropes" oh yeah, im most def gonna kill you" ..this statement is really generic, not very interesting, not very well-thought... I found Yuta very reasonable person in the movie..and here he's trying to murder itadori even though it was Sukuna that injured Inumaki....Bruh..
Ikemen_sama said:
why don't they announce to pursuit geto if anything, also it was stupid for they forbidding unseal Gojo.... that's also kinda weird .. just what are the higher-ups thinking....

The first notice at the end, that mentions Geto is still alive, says the death penalty for him has been reinstated, so he didn't exactly get away scot-free.

Their decision regarding Gojo, and even the principal for that matter, makes sense because they're corrupt as hell. Also, they don't like him and he doesn't like them.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 28, 2023 10:34 AM
May 2021
Best season/arc of the manga, absolute scene 10/10!! 🔥🔥
Yuta … HES BACKKKKK!!! Can’t wait to see him get active in s3!! Culling games arc 😈
Dec 28, 2023 10:35 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Ikemen_sama
This season left me with this unsettling feeling in my stomach...i do not like the chaos the show's presenting... Ah man, if only it be something easygoing like season1... Lot's of things going on in the aftermass...the announcement with the death sentence with yaga, itadori...strange..

Also regarding Yuta's "imma kill itadori" statement...i found similar vibes as other generic shounen tropes" oh yeah, im most def gonna kill you" ..this statement is really generic, not very interesting, not very well-thought... I found Yuta very reasonable person in the movie..and here he's trying to murder itadori even though it was Sukuna that injured Inumaki....Bruh..
@Ikemen_sama did you watch season 1 with out your eyes open? Everything is answered in s1 if you pay attention and the other things is just keep watching and it will be explained
Dec 28, 2023 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
Hidden Inventory was an easy 9-10 for me.

Shibuya Incident, on the other hand for me, personally, was very haphazard, even given the notable positives it did have, especially with how the level of interest was built up at the end. But even with stellar animation showcasing in ep 16 & 17, Shibuya Incident Arc is around 4-5 for me. Enjoyable but with very notable issues.

Sucks to know that many of the animators will STILL not be able to go home or even go sleep now that s3 was immediately announced after this episode finished.
RyuseishunDec 28, 2023 3:09 PM
Dec 28, 2023 10:42 AM

Aug 2021
they left us off at the perfect spot. perfect adaptation from episode 1. anime of the year pretty easily. looking forward to seeing the culling games and so many more amazing things get animated in a few years!
Dec 28, 2023 10:43 AM

Jan 2015
7/10

It's undeniably a good anime, but just good, not AOTY or peak shonen or whatever.

Despite the fact that many people simp for the MAPPA animation (and it's quite decent), I personally find the fight scenes looking like a motion vomit, half the time it's impossible to understand who's hitting who and what's EXACTLY going on.

Despite there being 47 episodes at this point, characters still feel like strangers to me, I don't know anything about them. Character development is almost non-existent, and only when the character's exposition is "present" is it through flashbacks to then kill off the character.

The music half the time didn't match what was happening on screen and the same ost was constantly overused.

Edit: Also, speaking of this exact episode, nice power point presentation, I guess
combi2015Dec 28, 2023 10:52 AM
Dec 28, 2023 10:43 AM

Mar 2015
Yuta finally made an appearance. The principal also got sentenced to death? Woow that's harsh. Wouldn't Gojo just go crazy and go on a killing spree if he was an accomplice? The higher-ups in Jujutsu Headquarters don't make any sense.

If only Itadori finished Mahito off..
Dec 28, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
SCHOOL DAYS BOAT REFERENCE

I was wondering when Yuta was gonna show up.
Dec 28, 2023 10:48 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Pre_Yum
Let's say goodbye to the second season which has been an absolute rollercoaster for this show, I had some of the most amazing experiences with this one. From the very start of the Hidden Inventory arc to the end of the Shibuya Incident, it was such a great watch. And, here we are, finally saying goodbye to a very highly anticipated second season.

There was no action this time around but we got to see Geto's powers in action and how he perceives the Jujutsu world. It was interesting to see that. Sealed Gojo has been taken away by Geto. This entire episode was more of a set-up episode for the next season and the stuff that's about to take place in the story going forward. A very strong well-directed and storyboarded last episode. Quite an eerie and creepy one.

YUTAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! The next season project also got announced.
@Pre_Yum I just hated it!!! After all that Itadori's blabbing about how he was going to kill Mahito over and over again but then, he just didn't kill him and Geto absorves Mahito and that's when he gets what he needs to f*ck it all! It was 3 whole minutes of Itadori going after Mahito and NOTHING in the end! That was the worst thing I had ever watched in an anime!
Dec 28, 2023 10:51 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Marckye
@Pre_Yum I just hated it!!! After all that Itadori's blabbing about how he was going to kill Mahito over and over again but then, he just didn't kill him and Geto absorves Mahito and that's when he gets what he needs to f*ck it all! It was 3 whole minutes of Itadori going after Mahito and NOTHING in the end! That was the worst thing I had ever watched in an anime!
@Marckye atleast make the bait less obvious. You literally made a fresh account just to rate jjk a 1. That’s how you know jjk is number 1 right now because even with all these haters it’s still climbing the rankings comfortably and is the number 1 anime in japan
Dec 28, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2012
Here it is, the "Aizen moment" of Jujutsu Kaisen. I'm just speechless. The unnerving, eerie transitions between scenes was something else, the production team outdid themselves.
Dec 28, 2023 11:10 AM
Oct 2023
A great set up for the coming Culling Games. I am excited to see all the new characters from the manga get put to screen. They did super great this episode, especially when it comes to preparing the anime-onlys for the stakes.

The OST during the conversation between Yuki and Psuedo-Geto was amazing.
Dec 28, 2023 11:10 AM

Oct 2009
That was a whole hell of a lot of a slideshow for a season finale, much of it recreations of actual locations, much of it practically not even animated, or just with extremely sketch-like characters. For better or worse, it's a succinct representation of the entire season.

しばらくお待ちください。
Dec 28, 2023 11:11 AM

Nov 2023
Lol, aside from poor technical aspects this episode's contributed absolutely nothing. No plot (yeah, Gojo is taken away, who would have thought), no fights. If this so called the best shounen arc is so average, I'll lower my expectations for the next season. Talk-no-jutsu episode, even characters don't know what are dialogues about XD, let alone an audience
dzudoKingDec 28, 2023 11:19 AM
Dec 28, 2023 11:14 AM
Jul 2012
Reply to Gitown234
@Dene34 if you think the big 3 have better written chars then lol. Bleach chars are prob the most boring lazy written chars in shounen. Naruto main villian was literally A 30 yr old man still crying about a child hood crush and all side chars are useless besides team 7. At the end of the day most people watch battle shounen for good fights and cool chars. If we wanted a deep story we wouldn’t watch anime we would be reading actual literature
@Gitown234 Your opinions are shit, got it. Bleach has, by far, the most nuanced and well written characters in shounen media.
Dec 28, 2023 11:15 AM
May 2019
guys does anyone have a complete list of characters that died in this season fr lmfao
Dec 28, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2018
Jujutsu Kaisen is, for me, the biggest disappointment of 2023. While I think the first season is decent and had potential, this second season came to shatter my expectations. I guess I expected too much from this anime.

@foxbat Here is the list:
Nobara
Nanami
NPC 1
NPC 2
NPC 3
NPC 4
NPC 5
NPC 6
NPC 7
NPC 8
NPC 9
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 28, 2023 11:26 AM
Aug 2019
that was a nice boat
Dec 28, 2023 11:26 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to dzudoKing
Lol, aside from poor technical aspects this episode's contributed absolutely nothing. No plot (yeah, Gojo is taken away, who would have thought), no fights. If this so called the best shounen arc is so average, I'll lower my expectations for the next season. Talk-no-jutsu episode, even characters don't know what are dialogues about XD, let alone an audience
@dzudoKing No plot? My brother in Christ, this episode gave us the hardest change in status quo I've seen in any anime, not including the basement reveal from Attack on Titan.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Dec 28, 2023 11:29 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to dzudoKing
@dzudoKing so cute the csm fanboy crying cause csm s1 flopped with those mid ahh fights 😂 not to mention jjk has out sold csm every year in its entire run. Not to mention how part 2 is a snoozefest to
Gitown234Dec 28, 2023 11:32 AM
Dec 28, 2023 11:30 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Gabu-sama
@Gitown234 Your opinions are shit, got it. Bleach has, by far, the most nuanced and well written characters in shounen media.
@Gabu-sama that’s weird because one of the biggest complaints about bleach that I’ve seen is the characters a incredibly single minded and one dimensional. Ichigo somehow has regressed as a char as of tybw compared to soul society when he felt more like a real person. Not to mention the disgusting treatment that kubo has of the side chars . There’s a reason why tybw flopped during its run and got bleach cancled
Dec 28, 2023 11:32 AM
Sep 2018
Anime of the friggin year, I’m disagreeing on those who say this was crap. This was such a awesome season omg❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Dec 28, 2023 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
What an amazing season the wait for season 3 is gonna be a killer .
Dec 28, 2023 11:38 AM

Sep 2023
What a stupid reason for Yuta to try to kill Itadori. "Sukuna injured my friend, so I'm going to kill Itadori". Also is Yuta the only one from sorcerers who still works for Jujutsu Headquarters?

If someone can, please say how much time passed since that night, looks like Itadori's wounds have healed in the last scene.
Dec 28, 2023 11:41 AM

Nov 2023
@Ki11grave Status quo? It just seemed like a copy of Aizen's speech, but at least that speech was understandable. I understood shit from Geto's gibberish.

@Gitown234 yeah, I know opinion from not a fanboy hurts you. Feel sorry for you.

Dec 28, 2023 11:42 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, Yuki ended up not doing anything unfortunately but we did get a lot of interesting exposition that’s pretty much setting up the next part of the story, and we also witnessed false Geto use an attack that not only activated people he’s made a pact with (that’s what I got anyway lol) but also summoned a massive hoard of curses that we saw killing unsuspecting innocents, felt bad for those two watching TV only for the immediate death lol, life snuffed out just like that. And finally came the big moment, I thought that little girl’s death was guaranteed but the MC from the 0 movie, Yuta, ended up saving her, very cool to see since he’s been absent since the start of the series chronologically, unfortunately it looks like he’s gonna be a villain but I’m looking forward to seeing how that plays out in the just announced sequel.

And we’re finally at the end of not just the long Shibuya Incident arc, but the entirety of Season 2 as well, and despite all that was heard about behind the scenes at MAPPA this ended up being a banger of a season, the animators did an amazing job all the way through. And of course the content itself was very good, so many exciting fights and big moments, you would have thought each one was the climax but it just kept on going. Only issue I really had was Mahito just living a bit too long but we did eventually see his end and it was pretty satisfying, although I would have preferred seeing Yuji get the finishing blow in.

And of course it was upsetting seeing several characters die this season, including some big ones like Nobara and Nanami, but at the same time I respect the show for having the balls to kill off characters that people like, I will say I don’t fully believe Nobara is done but perhaps we’ll find that out for sure next season. And lastly, when it comes to the OPs I can easily say the first one destroys the 2nd one, but SPECIALZ did grow on me over time, still my least favorite of the series tho lol. Both EDs were amazing tho, I really love them both but the 2nd one especially hits for me, one of the bests of the fall season. And now I guess I wait for the next entry to the series, and hopefully when it comes MAPPA treats their employees better, no telling if it’ll happen tho. And this was also my final Fall 2023 show to end, it was a banger season for sure, excited for what the next season brings.
Dec 28, 2023 11:47 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to dzudoKing
@Ki11grave Status quo? It just seemed like a copy of Aizen's speech, but at least that speech was understandable. I understood shit from Geto's gibberish.

@Gitown234 yeah, I know opinion from not a fanboy hurts you. Feel sorry for you.

@dzudoKing sounds like you didn’t understand geto speech cause this series is to high iq for you. Stick to your kiddie series csm which is made for masses with relative iq. Not our fault you can’t comprehend a anime aimed towards children 😂this isn’t rocket science my guy it’s straight forward 😂 we know your dedicated to hating jjk like you do on every ep discussion . The cope is strong cause jjk beat csm in every metric
Dec 28, 2023 11:48 AM
Mar 2020
YUUTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Dec 28, 2023 11:58 AM
Feb 2020
mind blown, rethinking life
Dec 28, 2023 12:09 PM

Apr 2018
Wow , i don't know if i'm impress or bored by that ending.

The fact that they don't want Gojo to be deliver and making him his fault is crazy too !

Let's see how season 3 goes.

Yuta is back only to kill Itadori... Damn, it's hurt.

- -

Anyway JUJUTSU KAISEN SEASON 2 is easily the Anime Of The Year 2023 !
What a wonderful season ! Got hyped from ep 1 to 23.

Hope a great season 3 as well. And thank's again : animators of Mappa ! Hope you get some rest and a well deserved compensation.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Dec 28, 2023 12:10 PM

May 2021
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
What a stupid reason for Yuta to try to kill Itadori. "Sukuna injured my friend, so I'm going to kill Itadori". Also is Yuta the only one from sorcerers who still works for Jujutsu Headquarters?

If someone can, please say how much time passed since that night, looks like Itadori's wounds have healed in the last scene.
@LessThanAnimeFan
Good question. Let me answer you.

Shibuya Incident happened on 31.10.2018. It lasted the entire night.
At the end of the episode, when Itadori was clapping, its already Nov 8. You can calculate the time by yourself.

And ofc Yuta isn't that childish to kill Itadori for that reason, but I suggest you read the manga for why. If your desperate to know,

Yuta isn't the only person working for Head quarters, but Yuta was mentioned because he is one of the two remainig special grade sorceres, and this shows that he is willing to corporate with the Jujutsu HQ.
Dec 28, 2023 12:15 PM

Aug 2022
Overall great season. I'm excited to see Yuta back.
Dec 28, 2023 12:15 PM

Aug 2023
Damn Megumi's sister is also captured by Geto.
Dec 28, 2023 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
Amazing season, we can only congratulate and thank all those involved for their hard work during the whole season. As a fandom, it's the least we can do, as they gifted us a season with more highs than lows, great animation, and they even went the extra mile to add scenes or improve what was seen in the manga. As a fan of the work, there was no better way to end this year. Happy 2024
Dec 28, 2023 12:25 PM

Jan 2021
The Shibuya incident arc was insane down to the last episode it was sick looking forward to s3
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 19, 2023

409 by protozoa-kun »»
4 hours ago

» What if this anime was animated by ufotable!!! Just imagine the quality 🔥🗿 ( 1 2 )

_SHONENLOVER_ - May 13

59 by Early_Morning »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

614 by Artemis076 »»
Yesterday, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 28, 2023

178 by KokoNikki »»
May 18, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

486 by thatlittlefox »»
May 14, 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.