Forums
New
Nov 26, 2023 4:24 AM
Mar 2021
ANIPLEX PLEASE PLEASE IM BEGGING MAN GIVE US A RELEASE DATE PLEASE
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2023 4:51 AM
Feb 2021
Don’t know, I guess they prefer adapting trash fiction like Kimetsu no Shit that surely makes them more money
Nov 26, 2023 6:05 AM

Jun 2023
Ufotable forgor😔

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Nov 26, 2023 7:38 AM
Feb 2022
I wish ufotable also adapts tsukihime, as unlike deen's fate route adaptation which was still okay and above average. J.C.'s adaptation of tsukihime was not good.
I hope ufotable remakes Tsukihime also as part of nasu verse.
Jatin587Nov 30, 2023 9:08 AM
Nov 26, 2023 7:42 AM

Jul 2020
I think about this movie everyday. Just finished my 2nd read of Mahoyo. I cannot wait any longer!
Nov 26, 2023 8:03 AM

Jan 2021
Probably by the end of this year or maybe next year we might get some new information. Ufotable just announces something and then vanishes while keeping us hanging.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 26, 2023 10:08 AM
Jul 2023
Is this movie a sequel to something? I haven't seen any other type moon stuff.
I just added it to my PTW because the trailer looked cool.
Nov 26, 2023 1:46 PM
Aug 2021
savinduzx said:

It’s not a sequel but it is apart of the Nasuverse and is based off a visual novel.
Nov 26, 2023 4:25 PM

Feb 2020
savinduzx said:

It's a standalone story, I'd even say it's one of the best ways to get into type moon. In fact it's the foundation from which Fate, Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai sprouted from.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Nov 26, 2023 9:01 PM
Sep 2023
We have some info to speculate, Ufotable has published on twitter that in december 10 they'll announce more details about demon slayer, this does not implies that we are getting some news of Mahoutsukai no yoru, but it surely let us know that they had open some agenda to update news, it could be possible to have some news before demon slayer news.

Also, the remake of the VN will be released on steam at december 13, but I don't know how related are those projects, still there's another little chance to have something by that date having VN on the table.

In addition, "Aniplex changed their policy about PVs and info releases back in 2019. They used to show the first PV 1 year before the release of the product, but it was changed to 6-7 months", this is something that I read on other Mahoutsukai no yoru's forum, so I don't have the sources. If this is the case, we shouldn't start to hype about the movie until we get a trailer, that maybe will give us a date 6-7 months later, and this is something I worry about, because the wait has been too long, this also could implies some upgrates and animation details that have never seen before, Ufotable keeps learning and it is showned from Kara no Kyoukai to UBW to Kimetsu (for example) and with every next project.

There's also the fact that they announced the first new about the movie in 2021, and the pandemic situation could have affected the production, let's try to understand those facts too.

That's my opinion, I hope to be wrong and get the movie as soon as possible, but I prefer to keep it real and with the lack of info this is as close as I can get to a neutral hypothesis.

Let me know what do you think.
Nov 27, 2023 3:38 AM
Jun 2023
I've been waiting for this movie ever since I finished the visual novel last year
Nov 27, 2023 6:25 AM

Jul 2020
Covid19 in 2022 hit japan pretty hard, it would not be surprising then that the production was set back one year. maybe 2024, but I'm confident that we will have more news this December.
Nov 27, 2023 9:01 AM
Jun 2021
PLEASE UFOTABLE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED TO SEE ANIME AOKO PLEASE RAGHHHHHHHHHH I CANT IMAGINE HOW GOOD MAHOYO ANIME WOULD BE WITH UFOTABLE ANIMATION
Dec 2, 2023 8:50 PM
Jun 2021
Ok guys its finally december lets hope
Dec 2, 2023 9:35 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to mrw9
Ok guys its finally december lets hope
@mrw9 BRING ON THE HOPIUM
Dec 5, 2023 3:12 AM

Aug 2020
PEAK AND PERFECTION TAKES TIME!!!

Dec 8, 2023 11:18 PM
Jul 2019
Jatin587 said:
I wish ufotable also adapts tsukihime, as unlike deen's fate route adaptation which was still okay and above average. J.C.'s adaptation of tsukihime was not good.
I hope ufotable remakes Tsukihime also as part of nasu verse.

The TH anime was really more of a direct adaptation of the manga that was being published at basically the same time. Note that both specifically have "Lunar Legend" prepended to the title. Having read the manga myself in addition to the VN, JC did a pretty good job by 2003 standards, especially since they only had one cour to work with.
Dec 10, 2023 8:12 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Blueckot
We have some info to speculate, Ufotable has published on twitter that in december 10 they'll announce more details about demon slayer, this does not implies that we are getting some news of Mahoutsukai no yoru, but it surely let us know that they had open some agenda to update news, it could be possible to have some news before demon slayer news.

Also, the remake of the VN will be released on steam at december 13, but I don't know how related are those projects, still there's another little chance to have something by that date having VN on the table.

In addition, "Aniplex changed their policy about PVs and info releases back in 2019. They used to show the first PV 1 year before the release of the product, but it was changed to 6-7 months", this is something that I read on other Mahoutsukai no yoru's forum, so I don't have the sources. If this is the case, we shouldn't start to hype about the movie until we get a trailer, that maybe will give us a date 6-7 months later, and this is something I worry about, because the wait has been too long, this also could implies some upgrates and animation details that have never seen before, Ufotable keeps learning and it is showned from Kara no Kyoukai to UBW to Kimetsu (for example) and with every next project.

There's also the fact that they announced the first new about the movie in 2021, and the pandemic situation could have affected the production, let's try to understand those facts too.

That's my opinion, I hope to be wrong and get the movie as soon as possible, but I prefer to keep it real and with the lack of info this is as close as I can get to a neutral hypothesis.

Let me know what do you think.
@Blueckot Welp guess we only have one hope now,the steam release.
Dec 10, 2023 11:04 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to mrw9
@Blueckot Welp guess we only have one hope now,the steam release.
@mrw9 yep, and it changed to december 14th, but as I can calculate, it'll be arround 3:00 am (not confirmed), so I'm not sleeping that night. And today there will be news from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm about kimetsu no yaiba, let's see if they mention anything about this project too.
Dec 10, 2023 12:42 PM
Jun 2019
Probably most likely place they'll announce it is Fate Project stream at New Year's, rather than at game launch
Dec 10, 2023 6:04 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Thorwyn
Probably most likely place they'll announce it is Fate Project stream at New Year's, rather than at game launch
@Thorwyn hope you're right, or maybe on 26th, because of the first "trailer"
Dec 11, 2023 6:37 AM

Jul 2020
fellow mahoyo enjoyers we must look towards late 2024 as our best hope of getting the movie. i cannot imagine they'd release this movie in january-february considering it's xmas aspect. But who knows we might even be looking at 2025 or 2026 release...
Dec 11, 2023 5:29 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Atlas_Alter
fellow mahoyo enjoyers we must look towards late 2024 as our best hope of getting the movie. i cannot imagine they'd release this movie in january-february considering it's xmas aspect. But who knows we might even be looking at 2025 or 2026 release...
@Atlas_Alter I don't know what's that xmas aspect, but I trust in you man. Let's hope at least an update after the VN release in 2 days
Dec 11, 2023 6:24 PM

Jul 2020
Blueckot said:
@Atlas_Alter I don't know what's that xmas aspect, but I trust in you man. Let's hope at least an update after the VN release in 2 days

what do you mean? Surely you know mahoyo happens during chrismas? its like it's entire theme. "the holy night" and all that.
Dec 11, 2023 6:25 PM

Jul 2020
i guess I should have specified its the movie's aspect.
Dec 11, 2023 8:34 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Atlas_Alter
i guess I should have specified its the movie's aspect.
@Atlas_Alter I didn't knew that happens on xmas bro, I haven't played it, I'm waiting for the steam release, I literally just some names, but the other Nasu's storys blew my mind so I trust that mushroom my soul
Dec 12, 2023 5:46 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Atlas_Alter
@Atlas_Alter I hate the fact that you're right because my patience has already ran out
Dec 13, 2023 6:42 PM
Dec 2012
Reply to mrw9
@Atlas_Alter I hate the fact that you're right because my patience has already ran out
Japan's winter is from january & onward
Dec 13, 2023 6:44 PM

Jul 2020
Shingetsu656 said:
Japan's winter is from january & onward

ok but Christmas is still in December
Dec 14, 2023 6:01 AM
Dec 2020
I was waiting for the movie to be released but well we don't even know a date now... should I just read the vn?
Dec 14, 2023 6:07 AM

Jul 2020
ananasborro said:
I was waiting for the movie to be released but well we don't even know a date now... should I just read the vn?

you should absolutely read the vn. i just finished my third read on it and its absolutely gorgeous. you should buy it on steam since it just released today.
Dec 14, 2023 11:27 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Atlas_Alter
ananasborro said:

you should absolutely read the vn. i just finished my third read on it and its absolutely gorgeous. you should buy it on steam since it just released today.
@Atlas_Alter oh ok
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Atlas_Alter
ananasborro said:

@Atlas_Alter but wait the new game costs 40 bucks and i don't really have the money rn, do you know if there are any major differences between the old and the new version?
Dec 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Jul 2020
ananasborro said:
@Atlas_Alter but wait the new game costs 40 bucks and i don't really have the money rn, do you know if there are any major differences between the old and the new version?

what versions are you refering to? this steam version is exactly the same as the consoles versions.
Dec 14, 2023 3:54 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Atlas_Alter
ananasborro said:

@Atlas_Alter I just played for 2.3 hours, absolutely insane, such magical way to told a story (it's my first VN and first time playing it), I was planning to watch the movie before (but dates couldn't match to do it), so I decided to buy the VN on steam, best choice, I have not reached the main plot yet (I'm sure I'm still on chapter 1 or prelogue), and every scene is so well constructed, it's amazing, my high expectatives are actually being totally satisfied.

Totally agree with you, will recomend always if this writing quality holds on the entire piece.
Dec 14, 2023 4:02 PM

Mar 2021
Eh, I thought the plan was to produce that at ufotabele.

If they are going to produce it at ufotable, I have the image that the production of Demon Slayer is being prioritized over other works that are being animated by the same studio right now, so I'm thinking that the anime will be much further along.

Dec 15, 2023 5:35 AM
Jun 2021
okay I think I lost all hope
Dec 15, 2023 8:01 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Atlas_Alter
ananasborro said:

what versions are you refering to? this steam version is exactly the same as the consoles versions.
@Atlas_Alter i mean the old one, that came out in 2012
Dec 15, 2023 8:02 AM

Jul 2020
ananasborro said:

its the same story but now its 4K with an official translation AND VOICE ACTING!
Dec 15, 2023 9:27 AM

May 2022
Reply to Atlas_Alter
ananasborro said:

its the same story but now its 4K with an official translation AND VOICE ACTING!
@Atlas_Alter you mean they voiced every dialogue? If it is the case i might actually buy it on steam. Also, i heard the translation was like really bad for the steam version.
Dec 15, 2023 9:32 AM

Jul 2020
Rocknblock said:
@Atlas_Alter you mean they voiced every dialogue? If it is the case i might actually buy it on steam. Also, i heard the translation was like really bad for the steam version.

the translation is the same as console
the translation is not bad at all, I'd actually argue quite the contrary.
the problem is that there's a few typos which is unfortunate but it's whatever.

there's a big debate between a pure translitetation of text vs an adapted translation, which i think personally is an entirely false dichotomy. good translators will translate according to the context and the way they see as appropriate. the game was translated by professionals and not by randoms in a fan group.

the quality of translation is good imo.
Dec 15, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2022
Reply to Atlas_Alter
Rocknblock said:

the translation is the same as console
the translation is not bad at all, I'd actually argue quite the contrary.
the problem is that there's a few typos which is unfortunate but it's whatever.

there's a big debate between a pure translitetation of text vs an adapted translation, which i think personally is an entirely false dichotomy. good translators will translate according to the context and the way they see as appropriate. the game was translated by professionals and not by randoms in a fan group.

the quality of translation is good imo.
@Atlas_Alter Well i'm going to buy. you convinced me.
Dec 15, 2023 1:06 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Atlas_Alter
ananasborro said:

@Atlas_Alter damn ig i gotta save some money
Dec 17, 2023 10:08 AM

Oct 2022
Definitely buy it if youre a type moon fan its great and the vibe is just immaculate and god knows when ufotable bringing this out. If were lucky maybe some news by christmas/new years it would make sense on a setting stand point.
Dec 17, 2023 9:26 PM

Feb 2021
I'm guessing new information on new years because that's just what type moon does. It was the same time when they announced the release date for Tsukihime remake.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 22, 2023 5:39 PM

Jan 2021
Rocknblock said:

I'm reading the steam ver. rn, and honestly, it's very serviceable. They do take some liberties with localizing certain pieces of dialogue to fit the western lingo, but the essence of the original is delivered adequately.
Dec 22, 2023 6:06 PM

May 2022
Reply to certifiedbinger
Rocknblock said:

I'm reading the steam ver. rn, and honestly, it's very serviceable. They do take some liberties with localizing certain pieces of dialogue to fit the western lingo, but the essence of the original is delivered adequately.
@certifiedbinger I already bought it since lol. I am at chapter 5 already and i don't regret my decision to trust MAL folks on this one. this is such fun and the production is top notch for a vn.
Dec 23, 2023 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
NGL Im debating wether I should get a Steamdeck more or less solely to read VNs. Its retarded to me that this medium never gets mobile releases even though VNs are perfect to read on a phone/tablet while chilling on a couch. I already spend all week at work behind a desk staring at a screen (well 3 actually..) I dont want to spend my free time in exactly the same way.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 23, 2023 6:35 PM

Oct 2022
I mean outside of the last extra chapter game is linear wouldnt really lose much from just reading a playthrough on yt or something. Also switch version p much is that no?
Dec 23, 2023 7:25 PM

Jul 2020
Comander-07 said:
NGL Im debating wether I should get a Steamdeck more or less solely to read VNs. Its retarded to me that this medium never gets mobile releases even though VNs are perfect to read on a phone/tablet while chilling on a couch. I already spend all week at work behind a desk staring at a screen (well 3 actually..) I dont want to spend my free time in exactly the same way.

the switch version would probably fit quite well for you. i heard that mahoyo steam does not work well in steamdeck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Still Hyped!

trinitroglycerin - Mar 19

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
Apr 26, 2:58 AM

» VOICE ACTOR!

StevieRara - Feb 3

6 by Zero01guard »»
Feb 15, 12:37 AM

» (Finally) new trailer ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Dec 31, 2023

86 by Blueckot »»
Jan 11, 9:19 PM

Poll: » On a spectrum from Fate to Kara no Kyoukai, where would this lie?

removed-user - Jan 1

12 by trinitroglycerin »»
Jan 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » How many movies to adapt Mahoyo?

Xarvon - Jan 6, 2022

22 by Syrian187 »»
Jan 4, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.