Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2023 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
For a finale, they sure went a bit into food and feeding lol. Some of Yukichi's scenes from his perspective were comedy gold.

It was another sweet episode, not much depressing moments this timea round as it's aiming for a happy mood type of ending. Saku and Yukichi of course get their spotlights. However, I'm also glad to see some of Saku's co-workers and friends around too. Felt like it was a way to celebrate this show overall. A sweet, delicious finale.
Sep 29, 2023 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
The cat that both Yukichi and Yume picked up, it became Dai-chan, but seeing the big black cat, it wanted to be Yukichi in its small form.

Yukichi and Yume's picnic date sharing UMYU-Sea stuff, and how he came to know them, is through his past when he's watching their cooking show. But for Saku, her speech impairment suddenly got worse one day, which Oshiro assumes that she's talking to Yukichi. So then, when trying to ask through AI doesn't help, some brain games in the vein of matching poker cards does the trick...that Saku finds herself overwhelmed when it comes to using her brain. The only way...is to cook some fish food to regain both DHA and EPA.

Yuri's mistake caused a small tragedy at work, and feeding her egg omelets does help, though Oshiro wants to taste her food and it tastes good as usual. The problem is, having Saku to teach them, she can't because Yukichi does all of the work. Even eyeballing the ingredients seems like a good excuse, the issue is that Yukichi REALLY eyeballs the ingredients for egg omelets.

Going back in time into Yukichi's past, he does all of the work, suhc as taking out the trash to avoid the landlord, but this time he got it right. But as Saku grows tired and weary each day, Yukichi is her only comfort as he learns how to deal with her apartment. adding the UMYU-Sea intrigue to become to become a masterful cat to serve to her worthless human owner.

GoHands, you have done the impossible: 2-for-2 for the Summer. Nice job!
KANLen09Sep 30, 2023 11:26 PM
Sep 29, 2023 11:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems like Yukichi may not be the only masterful cat but is definitely top of the race for the time being, lol.

His desire to become big and, in the process, become helpful to his caretaker is just too sweet. Favourite idol group was the first to expose him to cooking and that’s why he’s a loyal fan to this day, how beautiful is that? That old man ought to consider himself lucky that Yukichi’s grudge wasn’t as bad, lmao. He’s gotten the body to whip him now, after all. On a serious note though, it was nice of him to keep an eye on Yukichi and even go as far as to giving him a shower one day.

Looks like the misunderstandings in the workplace continue, I wonder how much longer it’ll take until her coworkers barge in to her place for answers.

This has been such a sweet watch! Got to give it to the Dekiru Neko in Yukichi really. I’m going to miss the show and the theme songs too…
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2023 12:19 PM

Mar 2021
Great finale with us seeing more of Yukichi looking after Saku in the past. I have throughly enjoyed this series and am going to miss watching Yukichi and Saku every Friday night please let us get a second season in the future
Sep 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Dec 2021
I'm going to genuinely miss this one... Yukichi was consistently fantastic, but Saku was easily the most relatable anime character I've come across. I'll commemorate the end of the work week and this show just as she would!

This anime was the highlight of the season for me. It's a pity Kaoru didn't have a larger role, but it was still an enjoyable experience with a strong emphasis on Yukichi and Saku. It was heartwarming to witness glimpses of their beginnings and the significant influence they had on each other's lives.

Sep 29, 2023 12:25 PM

Jul 2020
I'm not sure what even was the point, literally nothing happened over 13 episodes... the animation was nice though, and little Yukichi is admittedly quite cute
Sep 29, 2023 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to Inexplicable
I'm not sure what even was the point, literally nothing happened over 13 episodes... the animation was nice though, and little Yukichi is admittedly quite cute

Yes, I got exactly same thoughts... I mean, I loved the backgrounds. But that's all xD
Sep 29, 2023 12:28 PM
Jul 2023
Wholesome all the way through.
Sep 29, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2020
Gonna miss this fluffiness 😭😭❤️❤️
Sep 29, 2023 12:44 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
From being terrified of him to being attached to him Dai chan sure went through quite the phase when it came to its bond with Yukichi. Still his determination to mimic Yukichi was cute. Nice ref to Siri though. The quest to prevent Saku's intellgence from declining sure was fun. Yukichi sure met some tough opponents when he first started taking care of Saku thats for sure. But gaining the respect of the landlord was worth it. Though it was interesting seeing him get his intro on tech though. Not to mention his intro to the idol group. Overall a pretty fun ep to end the season with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2023 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
Man Fridays are not going to be the same at all without Saku and her relatable self 😂. Shows like this are proof that you don’t need a complex narrative to make a GREAT anime. Just relatable characters and wholesome fun. Our weekly adventures with Saku and Yukichi were so simple, yet fulfilling. I’ll miss them a lot.

I would love another season of this. We kinda got hinted that Yukichi isn’t the only masterful cat around. Saku’s coworkers are getting closer to learning her secret, and there’s still the romance subplot. Will have to check out the manga! One of these days they’re gonna come barging in her apartment and see Saku talking to her cat 😂
Marinate1016Sep 29, 2023 1:01 PM
Sep 29, 2023 12:53 PM
Jan 2020
It was my favorite ending of the season.
Sep 29, 2023 12:55 PM
Nov 2018
I want another season! I think I'm kinda growing attached too the weary worker and home worker type anime! A lot of good feelings!
Sep 29, 2023 1:00 PM
Sep 2019
Enjoyed this the most Among all shows I watched, enjoyed this season the most after winter 2021,
Next season it's just 4 shows I'm looking forward for hopefully a season like this comes soon. Hopefully we get S2 for this soon otherwise I'm definitely reading the manga.
Sep 29, 2023 1:31 PM
Mar 2022
Really liked this show. Won’t forget the masterful Yukichi.
I sometimes thought the Chief and Saku might hit if off lol…
Sep 29, 2023 1:38 PM

May 2020
This anime was far better than it had any right to be and I really hope we get a second season at some point
Sep 29, 2023 2:30 PM
Aug 2020
yukichi is the best

I will miss him...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 29, 2023 2:32 PM

Jan 2021
Nice GoHands comeback, 2/2 lovely animes! in the same season! No delays!
Sep 29, 2023 2:35 PM

Apr 2012
sol aots for sure, GoHands did excellent job and delivered ultimate enjoyment to those who love cats :3. need S2!
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Sep 29, 2023 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
Aww man... Gonna miss those two. Won't mind another season of this.
Sep 29, 2023 2:52 PM

Feb 2019
will there be a second season? i kinda wanna see what happens next in yukichi & his human's lives hehehe
Sep 29, 2023 2:57 PM
Aug 2022
Really hope this gets a second season. I absolutely adored this show and loved the dynamic between yuki and Saku
Sep 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Dec 2016
A bit weird finale giving some spotlight to the other stray cat. I was kinda hoping more special moments between Saku & Yukichi. Welp, at least it didn't try to create some bad forced drama like it happened in that other anime about a cat roomate "My cat is my roomate".

This one along with Undead Murder Girl Farce were my most awaited shows week to week, they always managed to entertain me without feeling like a chore. I loved Yukichi's boosted self steem along with Saku's codependency and loathe towards Japan's working force.

Wished we had more episodes like the premiere one with Go-Hands more artistic framing and animation.

This was an easy 8.5/10
Sep 29, 2023 3:18 PM
Dec 2022
I loved this finale. It was nostalgic to see the ending of this season but it was truly wonderful. It was heartwarming as well. Overall, 8.7/10 for me.
Sep 29, 2023 3:59 PM
Nov 2015
I can't wait for the spin-off, The Glowing Eyed Kitten is frustrated again today.
Sep 29, 2023 5:01 PM

May 2018
"That's because you only eat sweets!"...replacing white sugar with another carbohydrate bomb - rice, is not healthier. like at all.
It's not supposed to be about lacking power, the carbohydrates are power food in its pure form, but about human body needing others things like proteins, vitamins, fibres, electrolytes and even a bit of fats (yes and other stuff too, I am trying to keep it simple). Lacking those or having too much of those is bad.
Is explaining what balanced diet is that hard?

Feeling down? Stuff yourself with onigiri! Yes, it has unholy amount of carbohydrates and salt. also only a poor excuse amount of vegetables, but if your favourite idol say so, you should listen to her!
alshuSep 29, 2023 5:07 PM
Sep 29, 2023 5:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So that's how Yukichi create the very first meal for dame ningen, Saku. Masterful cat also learn how to separate trash, and that cat smug, gets washed...

Very well then, that's it! Little bit rough end honestly and not that much conclusive since this is your usual sol. But eh since its wholesome enough, keep it relaxing, and the cat is just doing your cat things, i may pass by the source and see how far Yukichi become the master of every master cat in the world.

8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 29, 2023 6:41 PM

Mar 2019
Who knew I would live to see a cool anime made by GoHands haha.

Yukichi, the masterful cat of the universe!
🐈‍⬛
Sep 29, 2023 7:07 PM

Apr 2022
this was a fun little show, although i did like the initial episodes more and the last few were just alright. still gonna miss some saku and yukichi sheningans. also the lil cat tryna walk on it's hind legs lol. osts were fire too and i ended up liking this show way more than i expected, most of the show is an 8 for me but the last few episodes drag back it back to a 7/10 overall.
Sep 29, 2023 7:35 PM

May 2015
It was such a nice, comfy series. so rare to find nowadays.
Sep 29, 2023 8:18 PM
Aug 2023
It was very Amazing!
Sep 29, 2023 9:32 PM

Dec 2015
This anime had a very intersting way to approach depression and burnout, in some magical way with a "dekiru neko" but it's lovely to see how the a simple choice of her taking an cat could change her life upside down.
Sep 29, 2023 10:40 PM
Jan 2021
to be honest when this show first started airing i had no interest in it....then i watched the first episode and loved it. It was wholesome yet funny and the art style was amazing. Every episode was a nice breath of fresh air, just a laid back show that was extremely enjoyable. I hope there will be a season 2!!
CANDY:

Sep 30, 2023 12:00 AM
Jan 2022
man I can't decide if I need a saku or a yukichi more in my life.
Sep 30, 2023 1:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was afraid that this last episode might feel like some tacked-on ova that they put at the end of some anime seasons, with the real "last" episode being the previous one. Episode 12 would've make for a good end to the run of this season and I would've preferred that over this, but what we got here is alright too.

Anyway, not quite my cup of tea, but not a waste of time either by any means. The show for me was half filled with good and fun entertaining moments, but the other half felt like a slog. Idk how to put it, but if I could go back in time I probably wouldn't have picked this up. But I don't regret having watched it either. It's just, idk, kind of meh. Definitely better than that other GoHands anime this season which was kind of an atrocity.

Probably a warm fun cozy time for most people, but just kind of "ok" for me.

5.7/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 30, 2023 1:47 AM

Jun 2021
Simply great and enjoyable. I'm gonna miss this show. Yukichi is truly a masterful cat. My comfort anime this season.
Sep 30, 2023 2:51 AM

Mar 2008
Ah so that's how Yukichi got big he just wanted to get all big so he could carry Saku away from the door.

I hope this gets another season.

Inexplicable said:

It's supposed to be like that. For some reason MAL staff aren't tagging Slice of Life shows as Slice of Life. The manga is properly tagged but this isn't.
Sep 30, 2023 5:12 AM

Aug 2013
Married to work, married to the masterful cat.

Whilst the animation at times went bad with the cgi-esque insert plastic object here, it was still pretty good overall.

It was quite nice to see the Yukichi's interactions before his growth.
Sep 30, 2023 5:36 AM
Aug 2020
I liked how they explained why Yukichi likes that idol group so much. It felt a bit random before.
Sep 30, 2023 1:25 PM
Feb 2016
Me encanto muchisimo este anime.

Sep 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Aug 2022
Goodbye Saku, goodbye Yukichi the biggest, cutest, funniest, greatest, and multi talent. Wholesome show that we needed and we will rarely see anything like this again.
Sep 30, 2023 2:54 PM

Jun 2019
My 245th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Sep 30, 2023 5:24 PM
Jul 2008
Too many repeated scenes, unnessecary long flashbacks. I think this would have work better for 10 minutes anime.

Yukichi can't speak is my major disappointment with the anime.

The brutal working environment made me cannot really enjoy the anime and kept thinking how poor Saku and the employees are. Just like the cat said, Saku's health kept deteriorating, if she kept that up she would be get karoshi. Even sick leave must be repaid with weekend work, what a hell working environment lol.
Sep 30, 2023 11:46 PM
Apr 2022
fluff anime of the season
Sep 30, 2023 11:47 PM

Feb 2021
Finally, it's ended. Love the story and the backstory where Yukichi growth from small :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 1, 2023 8:32 AM
Dec 2012
Great wrap up to an end of a wonderful anime!
Oct 1, 2023 8:12 PM

Sep 2021
Somehow the final episode was the most boring of them all. Good thing this show got the "extended" 13 episodes!

In the end, it was an inconsistent show. Over the many small segments, there were a few good jokes and a few wholesome Iyashikei-ish moments. But then there were a bunch who were just ruined by Saku's awful personality. But the majority can be categorized as the one thing every Slice of Life wants to avoid: Boring. So, so boring!

So: What went so wrong here?
Given the promise, it could've been a good comedy for either Cat fans (like Kawaisugi Crisis) or the Office-SoL scene (like Kobayashi's Dragon Maid). But it wasn't going for that - except for a few cat gags with Yuuuichi and Saku's occasional panic of Yukichi being found out.
The alternative route would've been wholesome: Give the viewer a comfy feeling, relax them and restore their faith in the world. Something like Bocchi the Rock or Cool Doji Danshi. But for that, you need characters. Good characters, which the viewer can relate to or be inspired by.

However, the characters are awful. There were, like, 2 "ok" side characters (Yume and Rio). But they neither had much screentime, nor enough personality to carry.
Onto the main characters, starting with Yukichi: He's boring. He's vein, he does housework, he doesn't understand the concept of fun. There's nothing cute or funny about this cat. Honestly, "depressed again today" summs it up suprisingly well, as he really was kind of depressing to watch. Especially because there's so much potential for a housekeeping cat!
Then there's Saku. And she is far worse. Because she's annoying! She's a crybaby, she's lazy and she's loud. Whenever there was as much as a spark of calming atmosphere in this show, Saku would surely destroy it.
And then there were the office characters. Boring stereotypes. Nothing to add really.

3/10.
Oct 2, 2023 12:15 AM

Jul 2019
So Yukichi got big from sheer determination?

I'm gonna miss these two. Sweet and fluffy. If we get a second season I hope we'll get more interactions between Saku and her coworkers, especially Hot Purple OL.
Oct 2, 2023 6:15 AM

Mar 2022
Reply to Bisalissy
Somehow the final episode was the most boring of them all. Good thing this show got the "extended" 13 episodes!

In the end, it was an inconsistent show. Over the many small segments, there were a few good jokes and a few wholesome Iyashikei-ish moments. But then there were a bunch who were just ruined by Saku's awful personality. But the majority can be categorized as the one thing every Slice of Life wants to avoid: Boring. So, so boring!

So: What went so wrong here?
Given the promise, it could've been a good comedy for either Cat fans (like Kawaisugi Crisis) or the Office-SoL scene (like Kobayashi's Dragon Maid). But it wasn't going for that - except for a few cat gags with Yuuuichi and Saku's occasional panic of Yukichi being found out.
The alternative route would've been wholesome: Give the viewer a comfy feeling, relax them and restore their faith in the world. Something like Bocchi the Rock or Cool Doji Danshi. But for that, you need characters. Good characters, which the viewer can relate to or be inspired by.

However, the characters are awful. There were, like, 2 "ok" side characters (Yume and Rio). But they neither had much screentime, nor enough personality to carry.
Onto the main characters, starting with Yukichi: He's boring. He's vein, he does housework, he doesn't understand the concept of fun. There's nothing cute or funny about this cat. Honestly, "depressed again today" summs it up suprisingly well, as he really was kind of depressing to watch. Especially because there's so much potential for a housekeeping cat!
Then there's Saku. And she is far worse. Because she's annoying! She's a crybaby, she's lazy and she's loud. Whenever there was as much as a spark of calming atmosphere in this show, Saku would surely destroy it.
And then there were the office characters. Boring stereotypes. Nothing to add really.

3/10.
@Bisalissy this.
I kind of burned out midway, precisely of this. The gag simply ran nowhere, and the characters have either too little personality, or their redeeming act
does not happen. It's like a season long prologue.

Then... if you look at it and read behind the lines, it gets really depressing. A story about a married couple, where one partner is physically unable
to express emotions, stays at home and does chores and takes worldly, platonic care of the inept other partner, because that is ALL it can do, and the other, who goes to great lengths to hide their relationship to the greater world. Their love is impossible to consummate, or to bear fruit like a proper family(which is tragic because he evidently likes children/little kittens), or even to just be accepted by society. There is nothing they can do. There is nothing they are actively doing to mitigate or even face this either. The show touches, comically, this issue a few times, but it never progresses to Yukichi actually being her friend and a wingman in dealing with her romantic interest boss, instead of settling to be a husband in an asexual, socially doomed domestic relationship.
Also, while I'm personally sure this wasn't intentional, replace a 6 foot bipedal cat with a more realistic physiological predicament one can have in a childless relationship, to be widely shunned all over the world, and the show becomes a bit on the nose suddenly. basically, as one friend said, the ultimate fantasy of lesbian, man hating cat lady couples

IDK, 6/10, because it looked nice.
Oct 2, 2023 5:51 PM
Jan 2023
A brilliant final episode looking more into Yukichi's past. We got to see how he learnt to cook. Oh and we got to see the kitten he saved too, it has now learnt how to stand on two feet, just like Yukichi. This episode made Yukichi liking that one idol group so much make a lot more sense.

GoHands did a brilliant job of this anime, great to see that they toned down the signature nausea inducing movement they normally have. The story was good, but the animation, voice acting and music/sounds really carried it. Easy 8/10 from me, and I really hope there will be a season 2 at some point, this show absolutely needs one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

145 by BigPaws »»
May 26, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

40 by hurricane567 »»
May 1, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2023

61 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2023

54 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2023

44 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 28, 6:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.