Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
I really liked seeing Suzuno stepping it up these past few episodes and playing a leadership-like role in this finale.

Sadao fought off their problems in this episode although their fight wasn't really groundbreaking. Glad to see everyone made it back to Earth again including Emi. Acieth Alla feels like she belongs to their family now too after all that drama. Neat season overall.

Dec 2021
Maou comprehends the immense power within himself and Acieth, unlocking his demonic force and unleashing utter chaos!

Olba was already cornered. Suzuno and Albert, who seemed to have fallen into Gabriel's trap, rescued Emerada, who was undergoing an inquisition in Saint Aire. Together, they opened the gate and rushed to the Azure Emperor. With the unified Azure Emperor, who knew all the movements of the angels and Olba, and the safety of Nord, who had been taken hostage, now secured, there were no more lingering worries. All that remained was to defeat the true masterminds, the angels. To vanquish the angels, Maou and Emi brandished the Holy Sword, adorned with the shining shard of Yesod, allowed Maou to wield Better-Half, for real this time.

Honestly, I have to admit, this final battle ended up being way more one-sided than I anticipated. Even the initial showdown against Olba in the first season seemed more intense compared to this. Overall, this season was quite decent. The narrative flowed smoothly, and the transitions between different perspectives felt seamless. Every word served a purpose, providing us, the viewers, with deeper insights into the story. Naturally, this season introduced even more intriguing mysteries. Both the plot and characters are venturing into a new realm of the narrative, and the buildup looks promising. Definitely better than whatever the fuck the previous season was.

I'd be more than willing to tune in for another season if it's announced.

Jul 2017
The 3rd-rate Angels under Archangel Gabriel, and the eventual confrontation against the demons of Maou and Ashiya, safe to say this fight will signal a significant change in Ente Isla.

Even in a fight, they're still able toconnect each other through the phone, and it's a good thing that Emilia's dad has been saved beforehand. With Libicocco and the Heavenly Regiment together, all Maou and Emilia need is the Shard of Yesod to turn Acieth into the weapon specifically made for Maou: Better Half, the sword that is not celestial-force based, and definitely not "sacred" as they're led to believe. Despite that, the Malebranche demons swore allegiance to Bel as the new Demon General of the Demon Lord's army, and rather than fight with Olba, spreading the understanding that this war need not happen in the first place, comes in the vein of the Emperor-Unifier proclaiming the truth, now set in stone.

The true enemies being those who wield the sacred sword, Gabriel and the others have been dealt with, and restoration work is in sotre in Efzahan. Even then, Maou's niceties to Emilia doesn't go unscathed (as if she's harnessed feelings for him), and they made it back safe in Japan, to the relief of the Landlord and Amane, who carries Gabriel's body away. Even Rika got into the whole otherworldly debacle, and while she got fired from her real job, now she's earned a friend and given an apology, as her dad Nord awakens to recovery.

A full family meal together, and that says for the end of Season 2, which Part 2 brings the entire Ente Isla arc to a close.

Nah PLEASE, no more seasons from now on, please let this series sleep its good slumber. NO MORE MEDIOCRITY.
Sep 28, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
This was a really heartwarming finale. That flustered look on Emi’s face when Maou touched her was so cute. I still like Chiho more, but I don’t dislike her like I used to.

Final battle was a little underwhelming tbh. I thought it would be more of a struggle considering where it left off in the last episode.. even the Olba fight from s1 was better.. but I still really liked the Ente Isla arc. It’s been hyped up for so long, so to be able to see their home world, even if only briefly, was nice. Not sure how much source material is left, but it would be cool if we went between worlds a little more.

The scene of everyone gathered around the dinner table for a family meal made up for the unimpressive battle. Everyone is finally back together. Emi’s gonna have to get a new job though 😂

This season has been my favourite of the 3 so far. I liked the character dynamics, budding romance and the more magical element of the story a lot more in this one.

All of the characters went through quite a bit of growth this season, Suzuno, Maou and Emi most notably and it was just a fun ride. I know the hype has died out for this series, but it’s solid for me.
Marinate1016Sep 28, 2023 8:20 AM
Sep 28, 2023 8:15 AM

Feb 2021
Eyy OP subs!
How did Suzuno get there so fast?
Yep, I'm shipping Maou and Emi no matter what anyone says.

This one comes from かっぺ (kappe) which is a shortening of 田舎っぺ (inakappe) - hick; country bumpkin; yokel​ (Derogatory)

The acoustic version of the OP is really nice.
The ED gets subs too
A nice finale. What will happen to the angels now tho?

I think this would've turned much better with a better studio. The story was kinda cool imo.
6/10
EmbientSep 28, 2023 8:21 AM
Sep 28, 2023 8:17 AM
Sep 2015
It's not gonna reach a peak popularity of the first season, but at least it's something I can watch.
Sep 28, 2023 8:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol if Sariel is better than those guys then they're nothing more than fourth rate losers. Still it was worth the wait seeing Maou get serious. Bell turning the tide by showing how wicked Olba was really was satisfying. In the end im glad that they managed to not only rescue Emi and Alas Ramus but also her dad as well as extract from that world as well. Despite everything that happened seeing Rika opt to remain friends with Emi really was heartwarming. The dinner together with the cast was a great way to end this season with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2023 8:36 AM

Mar 2021
the anime made some major changes in this episode while it was mostly faithful before. This can either mean no more sequels or they are completely gonna rewrite the plot of the future seasons (a little hope for those who hated the LN ending). But I'm expecting the former to be truer than the latter!!!

its a shame this series had a potential only to be put down the drain!!!
Sep 28, 2023 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Maou Acieth pair is opaf, easily beat the demons angels. Things got resolved for now and everyone went back. Great to see them all together at the end.

Decent season again, adaptation was average but well that's expected. I'm just glad we got more. Now I wonder if we'll get more seasons soon.
Sep 28, 2023 9:04 AM

May 2020
Those savage insults from Maou aside, I atleast liked we didn't waste much time before getting into the groove and kicking asses right off the bat. I mean it's a long overdue for Gabriel and his baddies. And moreover seeing Maou merging with Acieth and then Suzuno with her timely appearance of revelations was just the final nail in the coffin for our angle baddies.

Good thing the confusions cleared, people got on better terms and we got a final-esque moment with our cast returning back to japan. If they wanted a safe ending, then by all means this is one such end to this second season.. a second season of ONCE hyped anime series.

Was glad when there was that news two years back, of this series receiving a second season out of absolutely nowhere. But the hype and expectations were completely run over when that first cour of this season dropped last year.. and it kind of remained that way since then.

This was a bit of improvement or maybe I'm just feeling that way because it seems we won't get more of this series in future... but okay. Atleast we lived this series again, so that's a good takeaway.
Sep 28, 2023 10:18 AM

Feb 2019
i hope there's a second season. it will be nice to see what their life is gonna be like now, and i wanna know what happens to gabriel now that he's been captured by Maou & gang lol
Sep 28, 2023 10:26 AM

Dec 2018
That was REALLY rushed, they tied everything up a little too quickly and the fight with the angels was almost comical.
Sep 28, 2023 11:17 AM
Feb 2015
Might have not been the best season compared to the original ten years ago but everything ended pretty well, was cute seeing everyone eat at the table :>
Tho the direction changed a lot it was still nice with the balance of light hearted slice of life activities along with the more action scenes fighting against bad stuff.
Kinda glad tho the fight against angels wasn't particularly long, those angels were particularly insufferable so I really didn't want to see them that much anyway and prolonging it woulda just made everything boring ngl
Sep 28, 2023 11:18 AM
Jan 2018
Why is this not a 7/10, weren’t you guys the ones who screamed like a little baby and demanded we get a season 2, lmao? Sometimes things are best to leave it as it is, (season 1) hopefully this taught y’all a lesson, just go read the original source, and stop being lazy, mattaku… 😂
Sep 28, 2023 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
And animation went back to season's regular levels. I guess ep11 was where they decided to spend the entire surplus.

I hope we get a 3rd season despite the changes to make it seems more like a completed story instead of a cliffhanger.

Anyway, it was nice to watch this 2nd season.
Sep 28, 2023 11:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending was decent, especially Emilia with her father, but otherwise eh, didn't care at all about this season like the previous cour
Sep 28, 2023 11:47 AM
May 2021
Previous episodes were good of this season but disappointed with the finale. Rushed fight and really underwhelming conclusion. 6.5/10
Sep 28, 2023 11:51 AM

May 2008
@LeenPhoenixRae Actually, I was very dissapointed in the ending fight. Rest was good, but I do hope it will be better in the next season, Even though I have no clue when it will be. Also I figuered to change the location, as this is ep 12 lol, so we don't talk about any spoilers lol
Sep 28, 2023 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, Maou and Acieth working together make the pair a formidable duo, as they made easy work of Gabriel and his cronies. Along with other changes from Suzuno and Albert on their end, the battle comes to a close with an easy victory for Maou's team. =)

Seeing everyone huddled around the table for a celebration meal might've looked cramped, but having everyone back together does feel satisfying. It's no surprise that Emi was fired from her job after being absent for so long, but her friendship with Ruka looks to be as close as ever, as their talk while Emi was waiting for her father, Nord, to wake up was pretty wholesome.

Overall, this season did feel like an improvement over the previous season last year. The animation quality still isn't as good as I hope it could be, but compared to the previous season, it's taking steps in the right direction, which is a good thing. If any future seasons get announced, then I'll welcome it with open arms.
Sep 28, 2023 12:09 PM
Sep 2012
With the 'fin' at the end, does that mean they don't expect to make another season?
Sep 28, 2023 1:40 PM

Mar 2019
This was the dullest season of the anime haha.

I really said it. 😝
Sep 28, 2023 2:00 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It goes without saying for me, but I'm disappointed once again. Maybe a tad bit more this time because much of the story was going over my head now. Storytelling by the new crew on board has been levels off from the first season, and I just couldn't take it seriously here. I thought the reverse isekai in Ente Isla would make things interesting and while it did slightly, it was still below par, imo. Suzuno moments in particular just felt like an arsepull here and the fight between Maou and the three angels hardly intriguing.

4/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Mar 2022
I've only seen one other anime that got worse with every season. Though, Maou isn't even close to that extreme case, this WAS worst season so far. Just horrible. 2/10
Sep 28, 2023 2:17 PM

Feb 2020
well I don't know, wasn't super stellar.
It wasn't super terrible but man this is a far cry from the original first season (lol)

Sep 28, 2023 2:42 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Tala-Is-Eternal
@LeenPhoenixRae Actually, I was very dissapointed in the ending fight. Rest was good, but I do hope it will be better in the next season, Even though I have no clue when it will be. Also I figuered to change the location, as this is ep 12 lol, so we don't talk about any spoilers lol
@Tala-Is-Eternal Yeah, the build-up was good, but the end was kinda flat and...I dunno, it just felt rushed to me. I am hoping for a third season that hopefully comes out soon instead of having us wait years again before it gets announced lol

Also I figuered to change the location, as this is ep 12 lol, so we don't talk about any spoilers lol

Yeah, we can move this on to an off-forum discussion so we can spoil away with the discussion lol
Sep 28, 2023 3:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Although this finale felt a bit rushed, I definitely enjoyed it. The battle between the gang and the angels was pretty cool, although it looks like they used up the budget a bit with the Emi versus Ashiya fight in one of the previous episodes because a few parts looked kinda rough lol, but it was nice finally seeing them be defeated, as well as the humans of Ente Isla being educated on who the villains actually are. And upon returning home of course everyone is happy to see Emi since she’s been gone for a month lol, which is probably accurate for us viewers as well, maybe even more so. And ending on the gang eating together with a bit more of crowded table was a nice place to end on, despite some plot points not being tied up I am glad we got to return to the more SoL oriented side of things one last time.

And now the 2nd part or Season 3 of this show is over, back when we got Season 2 I definitely didn’t expect to get even more so this was a pleasant surprise to see back when they first announced it, and I’d argue this was a better season/part than the previous one, which was especially thanks to the plot focused on Emi Yusa, it seemed once the show got to this arc things really picked up and never really slowed down which was pretty fun. Unfortunately tho we never got to see Maou end up with either female lead, I know that’s because we’re way off where the LN ends but still lol, and personally I’m rooting for Emi even more so because of her arc.

And much like the previous season, we had a really good OP and ED combo again, I’m especially happy with the OP by nano.RIPE, they’re a group that really brings that old school anime feeling and the song went very well with the visuals, and of course we got another Chiho centric ED and the song was a cute and fun jam. I’m hoping we can keep getting more of this series adapted but I’m not sure how likely it is, hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised again with the announcement because despite the issues or popular opinion, I am an enjoyer of this series.
TheColonel76Sep 28, 2023 4:44 PM
Sep 28, 2023 5:20 PM
Oct 2016
They won and battle and returned to Japan safe and sound. Undoing some of the unjust acts that Olba and the angels conspired to unleash. Emi and Maou teaming up showing that Devils and humans can coexist. It was very interesting seeing them all return to Enta Isla to wrap this season up. We got some more action and intrigue aside from the normal slice of life in Japan content that most of the season consisted of. Emi and Maou have grown much closer, of course as only friends, and their bond as pseudo parents to Alas Ramus made for some fun times. I enjoyed both kinds of storytelling with the slower family life in Japan and the action in either Japan or Enta Isla. This part of the second season didn't quite hold my interest as much as the previous but it was still good.

70/100
Sep 28, 2023 6:00 PM

Jun 2019
They really trashed the animation it's sad. Emilia vs Alciel a few episodes ago looked better than this episode.

At this point, I'm just watching to know how this ends.
Sep 28, 2023 6:55 PM

Feb 2016
Another rally damn lame closure for a season of this series.
The plot went downhill the moment that fkng baby appeared last season, I hate her so fkng much. Acieth was a great addition tho, and probably the best thing here, she carried the last half of this shit by herself, since the expedition to Ente Isla was laaaaaaaaaame as fuck.
The animation sucks, wasn't even good for the final battle, in fact it was worse. I can only wish of this anime having the animation quality the ending credits has.
Rika may be the most decent and "real" character here, but Chiho best waifu tho, and I think that Eme is weirdly kinda hot???
5/10
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Sep 28, 2023 7:00 PM

Aug 2017
8/10. I enjoyed the season and every season. Some goofy fighting, OP Maou and a happy, heartwarming ending. Nice and lighthearted.

A bit of harem and tsundere, I like it.

Marinate1016 said:
This was a really heartwarming finale. That flustered look on Emi’s face when Maou touched her was so cute

Yep I liked it and the chemistry between Maou and Emilia. Flustered tsunderes are great.

IzanaSolos said:
Honestly, I have to admit, this final battle ended up being way more one-sided than I anticipated.

Yeah Maou is almost like one punch man. I don't mind it
CarbonMDSep 28, 2023 7:12 PM
Sep 28, 2023 7:11 PM

Feb 2019
CarbonMD said:
8/10. I enjoyed the season and every season. Some goofy fighting, OP Maou and a happy, heartwarming ending. Nice and lighthearted.

A bit of harem and tsundere, I like it.

Marinate1016 said:
This was a really heartwarming finale. That flustered look on Emi’s face when Maou touched her was so cute

Yep I liked it and the chemistry between Maou and Emilia. Flustered tsunderes are great.

Wow we have the same score too lmao
Sep 28, 2023 10:16 PM
Mar 2015
Mao was able to use the other sword defeat the angels and bring everyone back to Japan Bel with the Emperor beat Olba and was able to command Malbranche
Sep 29, 2023 2:05 AM

Jun 2021
It was so average that I can't remember how good the first season was. The finale was a disappointment. I completely lost interest. Well, I watched it until the end. Finally it's over.
Sep 29, 2023 4:50 AM

May 2008
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
@Tala-Is-Eternal Yeah, the build-up was good, but the end was kinda flat and...I dunno, it just felt rushed to me. I am hoping for a third season that hopefully comes out soon instead of having us wait years again before it gets announced lol

Also I figuered to change the location, as this is ep 12 lol, so we don't talk about any spoilers lol

Yeah, we can move this on to an off-forum discussion so we can spoil away with the discussion lol
@LeenPhoenixRae Yes I agree we should do that. I won't be replying than anymore on the forumm lol
Sep 29, 2023 7:12 AM

Jun 2016
fk man !! maou and emilia justinia is jsut a perfect couples ship !!!

but the author didnt agree with it !!
Sep 29, 2023 7:25 AM
Jan 2020
They should at least make a complete adaptation to compensate for making me waste watching 2 new seasons of this after a decade
Sep 29, 2023 7:27 AM
Jun 2007
Felt a bit rush in the final ep.
Its "happy" ending
Sep 29, 2023 10:26 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Ronninn
They should at least make a complete adaptation to compensate for making me waste watching 2 new seasons of this after a decade
@Ronninn I don't think they will even consider giving this a complete adaptation since it largely doesn't have much revenue now. and they have like 12 volumes to adapt. There are a lot of shows that are not getting new seasons announced, showing the hellscape it will take to get a lot of seasons.
Unless your LN is listed here, or has a gacha, lots of figures, don't consider yourself going more than 4 cours.
https://twitter.com/KADOPLA/status/1707682376191766556/photo/1
Sep 29, 2023 11:55 AM

Sep 2019
Not a bad season but if only the animation was better.
Sep 29, 2023 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
Well there's that. So Emi's sort of main conflict was resolved. Yeah that was pretty nice I guess. This was better than season 2 but worse than season 1 still. I'm just not really invested in the story revolving around Ente island and all the proper nouns associated with it. I think if this series just really leaned into the SoL comedy bit the entire way I would enjoy it more but this was fine.
Sep 30, 2023 7:26 AM
Mar 2012
Finally Emperor appears. nice Bel exposes them angels.
nice Rika & Emi talk that woke dad, such a long sleep.
lol Lucifer
Well still rushed, but more intense plot, bit better than last cour, most of cast improved & Acieth's tons of funny.
Oct 1, 2023 2:11 PM

Aug 2011
Both cours were definitely underwhelming – but this one was a little bit better.
The direction wasn’t my favorite. There were too many exposition dumps with long dialogues. The scenes were mostly unoriginal with a lot of face close ups with mouth moving and clunky animation. There were some particular scenes that had detailed hair and some other stuff that pretty much looked as if made by a completely different studio.
I swear if I see another long dialogue around the stupid table at their house I will just kick the screen.

I know this is not really a shounen/fight anime but somehow they decided to created build up for confrontations that just didn’t live up to the expectation. Most of the fights were just… a ray here, or a sword slash. That was it. Emilia literally travel to her original world to have a 1 minute fight.

I think the series lost its charm and what was the point story. It felt to me as the author tried to fill those gaps with this nonsense lore: the sword of this, the angel of that, the power of blabla, but ultimately nothing really meant anything.
To me The Devil is a Part Timer was a comedy about the Devil King trying to survive in the real world... I’m not saying I wasn’t expecting more plot to come later, but definitely not a fan of neither what was being told nor how it was being told.

On the good side… I did enjoy to see Emila’s journey and how she slowly developed into a more interesting character. I think she shined the most during the season.
On a final note - the OP song is a BANGER! It told the story better than the whole season lmao.

» Escapism.

Oct 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Feb 2012
I was surprised there wasn't an interaction with Alas Rasmus and Acieth when the landlady and her niece entered Maou's apartment given that it was recently revealed they were siblings from the tree.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 1, 2023 7:05 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, this was bad... rushed AND bad. Poor finale to conclude another disappointing season of Hataraku Maou-sama.
Animation and art remained as inconsistent as in the previous installment, attempts at comedy are just awkward at this point and story has become so incredibly dull you simply don't care about what is happening anymore. Not gonna lie, most of the events from this season practically went over my head as I was watching the show.

3/10 - So, yeah. I guess this is it for me. Won't be watching anything else from this franchise.
Oct 2, 2023 5:05 AM

Jul 2014
was hoping for a cute moment with maou and emi but the blushing was cute aha!!

heartwarming ending with everyone dining together!
Oct 3, 2023 1:09 PM
Dec 2021
this anime is ok, personally.
Oct 4, 2023 4:41 AM

May 2015
Satisfying ending.

This season wasn't bad despite being less impacting than season 1.
Oct 6, 2023 5:13 PM
Jul 2017
it is not clear to me who is the main love interest for Maou? Emilia? Shi? I think Maou doesn't think in any of them as a couple, just as friends
Oct 8, 2023 4:28 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
With that, the second season comes to an end. I'd say it was a fairly satisfying ending. Emilia is definitely feeling something for Maou though. I found the reunion between Emi and her dad disappointing. His existence has been the main motivator behind her actions, and now that he's alive and she can be with him again, I feel as though there should have been more significance to their reunion. It lasted about 15 seconds and they moved on. A wasted opportunity to close out Emilia's personal arc. Judging by other's posts, it appears this ending was quite rushed.

Admittedly, I didn't really understand what was going on plot wise. I feel like the entire second season was a bit of a mess compared to the first season. I was just along for the ride at this point because I love the characters so much.

The first season is a stone cold classic, one of my absolute favorite shows I can go back and re-watch anytime. But the second season, between the poor visuals, messy storytelling, and the grating mama-papa-daughter relationship with Alus Ramus, it's been a big step down from the original season. I do believe that part two of season two was better than the first though.

I still love this series and its characters, so I'd be fine with another season. But I've come to terms with the fact we'll likely never get another season as quality as the first.

6/10
Oct 10, 2023 7:36 PM

Feb 2014
Alas Ramus is cute but wow.. why... this anime turned out to be specially uninteresting and boring.

First season is very nice though... *sigh* what a shame >.<

4.5/10 =/
TechOtakuOct 10, 2023 7:50 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

46 by Aditya250803 »»
May 17, 10:59 AM

» Things keep getting worse and worse

Furuhashi1 - Oct 19, 2023

13 by TheOtaku-San »»
Apr 14, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

25 by Gator »»
Apr 8, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

30 by Gator »»
Apr 8, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

32 by Gator »»
Apr 7, 4:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.