Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Everyone has a fear so when it comes to Lammis, she easily shows her fear about undead.

Episode felt slightly slower paced than usual though. Oh and it was strange seeing an undead kid coming up to the vending machine. It's a curious child but obviously isn't normal. What a weird episode.
Sep 13, 2023 6:50 AM

Dec 2021
Back to dungeons eh?

The next expedition for the Menagerie of Fools takes them to the Lamenting Halls of the Departed. It is said that death mages and skeletal demons roam there, and the timid Lammis has been trembling with fear since before the departure. Even upon arriving at the village, Lammis remains fearful. Boxxo kindly watches over Lammis, providing reassurance. One evening, as they stand in front of the inn, Boxxo encounters a child death mage.

I have to say, something this anime continues to keep fresh and unique are it dungeons, and this dungeon is nothing astray from that. A Dungeon of the Dead, is a cool and unique idea and they execute well. Lammis was kinda annoying me this episode I can't lie. Yet, upon reflection, one can't help but empathize, considering the eerie and foreboding nature of the Dungeon of the Dead. It's only natural that even the most composed individuals might find their composure shaken in such an environment. Slower paced episode but whatever it was still enjoyable.

I'm now intrigued to see what will happen in the final next week.

Sep 13, 2023 7:23 AM
Sep 2021
Felt more like a filler and also boxxo the vending machine can serve zombies as well. Quiet convenient.
Sep 13, 2023 7:27 AM
Jun 2020
Kaede doing scared Lammis is killing it.
Sep 13, 2023 7:29 AM

Feb 2019
Damn I ended up feeling bad for the ghost kid. Even though he wasn’t real, the fact he tried to honestly buy something from Boxxo before Aka took him out.. :/

Overall episode kinda felt like filler. Scared Lammis was cute, I don’t blame her because that dungeon was really creepy. If you think about it, scared Lammis is actually kinda dangerous cause if she gets upset she might kill someone lol.

But not much else happening besides that. Slower paced ep.

Last episode next week 😩 gonna be interesting to see how they wrap things up
Marinate1016Sep 13, 2023 7:35 AM
Sep 13, 2023 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
Damn how that child corpse fiend ended up is actually sad. Why do I get so easily attached to characters
Not that I hate it about myself tho
Last episode next!
Sep 13, 2023 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
The Dead's Lament Stratum, that's the plan for the Menagerie of Fools...and Lammis is not a fan of it because she can't quite handle scary things.

No matter how much Lammis will want to hide her fear, it's clear that without her, Boxxo can't go along as well, even worse if there is a stratum lord appearing. But Lammis steels her resolve, and aside from Vice Captain Filmina who got away scot free, Lammis treads the areas with fear, though she gives up quick and has to rest. And what Boxxo saw were undead from flame scolls to skeletons and tries converting into different types of vending machines...though which they had no effect lols. The creepy one is the ghost innkeeper who appears out of nowhere and speaks her mind of the undead. And Hulemy, wanting so much for her childhood friend to overcome her fear, but Lammis whimpers, even at the shortest distance, on her own. But as much as she gave up too soon, Boxxo wants to comfort her, but Hulemy won't allow, and all that came to a compromise with Lammis carrying Boxxo.

Yelp, Lammis just won't let go of Boxxo, and both the Band of Gluttons and Mishuel are called forth by Captain Keiroyl to aid in their campaign of defeating the stratum's lord, the King of Souls. But more than most, there's this corpse fiend kid who cannot comprehend Boxxo dispensing him drinks that he's just chewing on and off, that becomes an entertainment in and of itself. But the kid was genuine and trying to insert a coin, where Aka just killed it thinking that it's the usual zombie, it's just sad.

The King of Souls is no easy enemy, and Captain Kerioyl's decision to bring Boxxo along, coupled with Mishuel, will be some good firepower against a king and his monster minions. A drink to lift souls, and it's time to face the final enemy.

Expecting good things for the finale.
Sep 13, 2023 7:40 AM

Mar 2021
Felt bad for Lammis for Having to deal with all those monsters but we all know that Boxxo and the gang won't let anything happen to her but I mostly felt bad for the corpse fiend kid he only wanted to buy something from Boxxo
Sep 13, 2023 8:24 AM

Jan 2023
We discover an amusing new side to Lammis in this episode :)
Sep 13, 2023 9:20 AM
Sep 2015
I kinda expect the zombie boy plot to trigger Boxxo's desire to speak freely, but no.
The preview already spoil that someone in the party need AED.
Sep 13, 2023 9:39 AM

Jun 2021
Boxxo got some interaction with the zombies. RIP little kid except for he's already dead.
Sep 13, 2023 10:55 AM

Nov 2019
That was kinda sad...
Sep 13, 2023 11:12 AM
Jul 2019
Imagine next week we find out that zombie kid is soul king !)))
Sep 13, 2023 11:32 AM
Jan 2023
A lot could be prevented if he would have just bought the telepathy skill. Does anybody know when he gets that skill in the light novel? The manga isn't caught up.
Sep 13, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2018
I was hoping boxxo and lammis would get another traveling partner in the child zombie maybe boxxo getting an ability to turn him human and destroy others
Sep 13, 2023 12:43 PM

Dec 2022
Decent filler episode, and hopefully some good setup for the finale.

The Lament of the Dead Stratum is a desolate land full of ghosts, zombies, and skeletons. Lammis finds this absolutely terrifying. I like how the captain tries to comfort her by saying the enemies aren't that strong. It's interesting how, despite how horrific it sounds to have the dead rising from their graves and picking fights with humans, that the undead in RPGs and stuff are usually portrayed as low level trash enemies.

Another point of interest is that spirits in the isekai world are unaffected by religious icons of gods they've never heard of. I haven't watched enough supernatural shows to explore this, but the idea of foreign spiritualities interacting seems interesting. Things like, can a Buddhist monk cast out Christian demons, for example.

Lammis is cute when trying to face her fears. Pleasure to see Mishuel back as a temporary member of the Menagerie. Rest in peace, Orange Juice Zombie Kid. That defibrillator vending machine seems ominous. Next week is the finale. It's been quite a ride.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Sep 13, 2023 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
I was so sure Boxxo might of been making a connection beyond all these undead. Then the front line came in and chopped up the zombie, even if it might not of been the same one. I feel a tingling a story could sprout there, but chief of the fools seems to know where level boss is. lets go!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 13, 2023 1:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed the (Grateful) Dead’s Lament stratum, when they first arrived the Halloween colors were in full effect with the purple and orange, that village really reminded me of the one from Resident Evil 4 too, and the night revealed the presence of spooky boys so it definitely has the Halloween vibe down, and spooky month ain’t far away either.

Lammis being scared was hilarious and very cute, and Boxxo helping out that zombie kid was kinda nice but then the kid immediately died lol, I felt bad of course but not too bad since we barely had time to know him, if there was a personality to know lol. And next episode we’re gonna see the gang deal with the King of Souls, and it’s also the final episode, it really doesn’t feel like we’re near but it’s already upon us sadly.
Sep 13, 2023 1:35 PM

Apr 2023
Didn’t expect for a vending machine isekai to make me feel bad for a zombie kid. 😅
Sep 13, 2023 4:46 PM

Dec 2013
I was glad that the episode was full of Lammis but then that zombie kid... why would they do that : (
Sep 13, 2023 7:42 PM

Nov 2018
It's been really nice how faithful they've stayed to the source material, zombie kid and all
Sep 13, 2023 8:45 PM
Jan 2008
Boxxo puts out bait so it is easier to do in zombie kids. Ruthless!
Sep 13, 2023 10:32 PM

Feb 2021
Poor zombie kid...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 13, 2023 11:38 PM
Nov 2022
At night zombies and skeletons appear, uhm... where have I heard that before? xdddd

I felt a little sorry for the zombie child, it seems that even though he is dead he is still a child._.

LammisGODDESS demonstrating why she is the best female protagonist of the season 🚬

One more episode and the best Isekai in a decade is over, I hope the season finale doesn't disappoint xd
Sep 14, 2023 12:02 AM
Oct 2019
I love how Hondo Kaede portraying scared Lammis.
It felt real real.

Never expect in just one episode i felt bad for that zombie kid.
Sep 14, 2023 1:15 AM

Mar 2008
What an odd place to be in.

Maybe Boxxo should have gave the corpse kid a breath mint instead.
Sep 14, 2023 5:59 AM
Apr 2022
I am sad that next week is episode 12. Hopefully they will continue the show, I’ve really enjoyed it.
Sep 14, 2023 1:24 PM
Jan 2023
Lammis being afraid of spooky monsters is honestly the funniest thing I've ever heard, she's that strong that she could tap them on the nose and they go flying.

That zombie kid was strange, it shows that not all the monsters are bad and they can think for themselves. This zombie child tried to pay for his own drink with a coin because he saw other people doing just that.

Seems like boss man has found where the final boss of this area is and it seems that's what next episode will be about.

That preview is an interesting one, an AED. So someone gets killed or something? Now I've got to wait a whole week to find out.

Can't believe that next episode is the final one, I've enjoyed every second of this show so far because of its uniqueness, I've never seen anything else like it in terms of the creativity here. I really am gonna miss this one.
Sep 14, 2023 1:52 PM
Oct 2015
Didnt think this anime would make me sad. Zombie kid gets killed and Boxxo shouting trying to safe him and everything after that. really great moment.
Sep 16, 2023 10:30 AM
May 2021
Rip zombie kid. Idk why but I am sensing death flag from next episode 💀💀
Sep 17, 2023 6:11 AM

Nov 2014
Damn if they had set up the corpse fiend story a little longer, that would've landed. As is though, it did stir me just a little.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 17, 2023 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, this was a sad episode with the zombie kid.

-_- am I the only one having a bad feeling about the "king of souls"?

Boxxo being a machine with soul inside, plus it's the final episode = gonna get some more drama I suppose.

Why isn't anyone in the group considering that maybe Boxxo won't be able to absorb the soul king's attacks?
Sep 17, 2023 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
The zombie kid part got me...
Sep 17, 2023 7:54 PM
Apr 2013
EP 11

I dunno, this ep was mostly a setup for the big battle next ep, though this time we dont know how the boss monster looks like.

Its funny how now I miss the less action episodes but welp.
Sep 19, 2023 12:54 PM

May 2020
If only Boxxo could speak.. but him actually COULD NOT is the point of this show after all. Unfortunate for zombie kid, but you can't blame anyone there.

Quite literally a set up episode for the finale, though they need to stop with this king of souls kinda thing lol.
Sep 21, 2023 1:54 AM

Jun 2020
Lammis was super cute this episode and she and Boxxo had a lot of funny moments. I think it was pretty cool to show Boxxo trying out different stuff that might work against monsters.

Wtf was that short sorry with the little kid though?? 😭😂Also for some reason that ending gave me a bad feeling about this operation

Sep 21, 2023 3:22 AM

Aug 2013
RIP zombie fiend.

Do fiends actually have a mind of their own, instead of merely attacking/staring..? Did seem kinda sad.
LimiSep 21, 2023 5:45 AM
Sep 21, 2023 10:12 AM
Feb 2022
Pobre Lammis toda asustada en la tierra de ultratumba. Pobre niño zombi que murió solo porque quería su jugo :(
Sep 21, 2023 9:00 PM
Jun 2012
This is another fine episode.

Almost to the end. Of... Vending Machine Saga.

When will the idol group be debuting?
Sep 23, 2023 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed the episode. Another side of lammis. And now finally boxxo aside from the start couldn't find a way out to say no don't kill him. I felt bad for the kid :(
Kinda sad the next episode is the rival one. Judging by rating not many like it but atm for me it's a 9 as im not bored and was looking forward to every episode.

AED next doesn't promise anything good. I guess on the edge of death
Sep 27, 2023 12:06 AM

Jan 2017
Took so long for the jukebox form to come out
Sep 28, 2023 4:48 AM

May 2015
The Dead's Lament Stratum is pretty eerie... Poor kid couldn't even get orange juice as a zombie.
Oct 2, 2023 10:15 PM

Jun 2014
So sad for the zombie fiend child, that was sad af.
Oct 7, 2023 2:15 PM
Sep 2018
There's a reason I put off watching this episode; I'd read the LN section covered here.
As expected, I ended up crying; since I knew what was coming, I was crying before it got that far.

It was well done.
Oct 11, 2023 3:09 PM
Nov 2022
The thing about the zombie boy killed me, I thought I was going to laugh in all the chapters with this anime, but the thing about the boy really killed me
Oct 31, 2023 11:41 PM

Aug 2019
this show was a show I could put on when I wanted to watch something with zero drama, so that fiend kid dying really hit me out of nowhere
Nov 14, 2023 3:19 AM

Apr 2021
Lammis is very scared as soon as a woman appears and she falls to the ground xD.
Lammis' super sigh.
"What a shame" loudest I've ever heard. xD
I hope the last episode has news.
Dec 20, 2023 12:03 PM
Oct 2012
BEST REINCARTED ANIME FOR THE YEAR
Dec 24, 2023 5:47 PM

Nov 2009
Well... so much for the "I feel like my wiring will short circuit"

Dude literally forgets about the whole incident 5 mins later...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 20, 4:18 AM
Jun 2014
Did not expect this anime to make me cry. It was all lighthearted and then zombie kid...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

97 by ST63LTH »»
May 4, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

55 by ST63LTH »»
May 3, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2023

87 by ST63LTH »»
May 2, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2023

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

39 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.