Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2023 11:41 AM

May 2020
Well it's finally out and it's nearly an hour long
Didn't expect that

As for how it was 
It was pretty decent
I loved S1 and s2 but this was as good
But more gotoubun no hanayome anime is always welcome 

And studio shaft did a pretty solid job 

For the wondering where I watched it, I happened to catch it at the premiere
it'll probably be atleast a month or 2 before its out on any streaming services
Homura24Jul 13, 2023 1:04 PM

Jul 13, 2023 11:51 AM
Jul 2017
we back with the 5 girls and nino still looks amazing 😄
Jul 13, 2023 1:45 PM

Dec 2020
Was this released in cinemas or online ?
Jul 13, 2023 4:34 PM

Jul 2022
Studio Shaft made a pretty good job at making this, surely my favorite change of studio in the Quintuplets anime
Jul 13, 2023 11:08 PM
Mar 2023
hâte de le voir en France 🇨🇵 je crois qu'on devra attendre 3 semaine parce il vont mettre au cinéma au Japon
Jul 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Nov 2021
Homura24 said:
Didn't expect that

As for how it was 
It was pretty decent

Did they show Nino's cake?
Jul 14, 2023 5:51 PM
May 2023
the ending is good, the ending is a dream. make the ending Futaro marries 5 nakano pls
Jul 15, 2023 9:49 AM
Dec 2020
ALFIN_ARDIANSYAH said:
the ending is good, the ending is a dream. make the ending Futaro marries 5 nakano pls

would be a good end if he married nino miku or itsuki, the other two...
Jul 16, 2023 10:34 AM
Aug 2022
Finally it's here, the missing pieces are finally being connected
Jul 17, 2023 9:30 AM

Apr 2022
XiliXai said:
wait is this season 3? where can i watch it? (i have vpn too) thanks in advance :)

No, it says on the description what it is. This is just unadapted parts of the manga all together in a 1 hour special episode(just more Quints).

It only premiered in Japan and it will be available by the end of July or start of August for the rest of the world
Jul 23, 2023 8:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I didn't have one bit of expectation for this movie but boy, it was actually good! Shaft's flex with that opening was just pure bliss, oof. What could have been had they adapted the whole manga, I bet it'll leave y'all wondering the same every now and then during many moments of the movie. 

Movie as a whole really just felt like two side stories adapted and they even had a mid-movie theme playing which left my friend and me bewildered, xD. There's a good amount of comedy and melancholy in this movie and no rushed content so that's a big plus. I'm so glad about the way Yotsuba's section was handled in particular, nearly shed a tear or two there. And the pool scenes, just gochisousamadeshita Shaft, lmao. Itsuki sure tried to prevent mayhem but just ended up right in the middle of it, lol. Funny, I ended up getting her postcard but hey she'd the cutest swimsuit, so I can't complain. 

There's a special section after the ED credits, make sure to stick around for that. Miku's voice actresses comment in particular about wanting to play a certain scene and getting to actually do it is just beautiful. Don't often see something like this. Helped me to settle with an 8/10, for sure. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 24, 2023 12:44 PM

Oct 2017
I was just really glad to have more of my fav quints.
Aug 2, 2023 4:04 AM

Dec 2021
Ah, it’s truly heartwarming to reunite with the quints. Witnessing Nino and Fuutaro team up once again at the pastry shop after such a long time brought a smile to my face. I loved the character growth from Itsuki and Yotsuba in this, a facet that was somewhat lacking in the original TV anime.

Much like recent anime such as Horimiya and Osuama Rankings, this "special" brings to life stories that were left untold in the original series, and they handle them exceptionally well. The movie strikes a balance between humor and poignant moments, all while avoiding any rushed content, which is a definite positive.

I had concerns when the studio changed for the third time, now with Shaft taking the reins. However, I must admit, Shaft has delivered beyond my expectations. The opening sequence they created was a delightful animation, with a catchy tune to boot. The realization that this will mark the final song from the five voice actors does leave a touch of melancholy.

It's evident that this special wasn't a mere profit-driven venture. Instead, it served a crucial purpose by shedding light on vital aspects of the narrative, enriching the comprehension of the series. Although the runtime of nearly an hour tends to drag a bit towards the conclusion, as a devoted fan of the quints, I wholeheartedly embrace any content centered around them that comes my way.

Sep 2, 2023 8:01 AM

Feb 2021
So happy to see the quitiplets again! Even tho I watched the movie only a month ago. And yeah this is supposed to be between season 2 and the movie.
I've already seen the OP when it first released but damn it's beautiful
Daamn that talking animation tho
Nino best tsundere!
I smiled so much during the second half. Seems like they integrated a skipped chapter from earlier in the story because Miku's hair is long. Or maybe it was a flashback in the manga too?
Bro Yotsuba as a dog in the drawing though LMAO
19:21 Oh it's the couple that got together on the school trip!
The ED is really nice too! Yotsuba with pigtails!
This was really good. Looking forward to the second part! (I wonder how will the MAL listing work now. Will they keep it as 1 episode?)
Sep 2, 2023 4:55 PM
Aug 2020
i just watch first ep of the special

it was good to see them back, to laugh etc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 2, 2023 11:24 PM

Mar 2020
Shaft animating this hits very different, some very great shots. In terms of the content, not much to really talk about, just some slice of life moments. Still not a fan of this style of adapting cut content, but it is what it is. At least this series will always be entertaining to me.
Sep 3, 2023 10:25 AM
Nov 2022
I loved it, the quintuplets are back, let's gooooo!!!

I have only seen the first part of the special, hopefully MAL changes the system so that it is divided by episodes.

The opening and ending are very good, I would say that the opening is on par with that of the second season xd.

The animation is amazing, I thought it would look weird but I got used to it right away; the story is good, it almost looks like a DLC from the anime but I think it's fine xd

This is what I wanted to see in the series, a few more quintuplets in love and going towards their goal, the moments with Nino and Miku are very good but obviously:

Itsuki>>>>>>Miku>>>>>>Nino>>>>>the other 2. 🚬

When I saw Yotsuba dog I almost laughed, it's very cursed xddd
Sep 3, 2023 10:37 AM
Mar 2015
A beach episode without the grils he has fun with the kid
Sep 3, 2023 8:50 PM
Jan 2020
Why didn't they just give S2 to Shaft in the first place, bro it already looks better than the Movie
Sep 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
Just watched the first episode. It's amazing how different the special is compared to the rest of the series with Shaft as the one handling it. Really has that Shaft feelings to it with all the wide shots and standing still moments. The girls are 500% cuter, it's like I'm watching Nisekoi again.

I was wondering how Shaft would deal with Kiku's chapter as it originally happened a while back in the manga, but they treat it as a flashback which is way better than just going back and forth between chapters.

Now that we get these chapters adapted, here's hoping Shaft would do another special about Ichika's arc. The movie glosses over that in five seconds, barely giving enough context as to why she's not going to school.

I'm Team Itsuki but Ichika is the most charming.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 6, 2023 6:20 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Shaft is culture. Knowing Nino is the best girl and giving her the MOST screen time alone with Fuu-kun.
Sep 8, 2023 12:46 PM
Dec 2022
Having the Quintuplets back is everything I ever dreamed of!! However in the anime it said "Specials", plural, and the title read "Part 1"? Guess what MAL is showing us isn't that accurate yet haha😂.
Seeing everyone's faces in the new art looked breathtaking! When Nino asked if Futaro would stay by her side was so cute, and that she made him flustered was a sight to behold. You know I read the the part of the manga leading to the movie pats, but I don't remember seeing Kiku in it🤔. From the fact it took place a year ago (Season 1 timeline), it must've been in one of the first volume of the manga series😅. Because she proposed to play house, that gave Miku the chance to be assertive when wanting play Kiku's mama, wanting to go to dinner with Futaro, and even saying they should date! I love her so much! This special really shows how close the six of them are and how much Futaro has changed because of them. Now since the trailer showed them being at the pool and Futaro inviting them at the end, I expect there to be a part 2 loll!
Sep 8, 2023 2:39 PM
Jul 2021
with there were some more SHAFT moments, but they did a great job at keeping the original vibe while leaving their mark
Sep 9, 2023 4:10 AM

May 2012
Reply to Homura24
Didn't expect that

As for how it was 
It was pretty decent

@Homura24

The one I found is 24 min for each episode (episode 1 and 2).. Which is 48 min total

It same thing ??
Sep 9, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2022
eh it was alright, miku and itsuki carried.
Sep 9, 2023 11:43 PM

Apr 2019
Loved the first part to this film. Not only does the OP sound amazing, but it is probably one of the, if not, most visual stunning OPs I've ever seen. Studio Shaft did such an immaculate job on not just the OP, but for the entirety of this first part; really wish I could just watch this all at once but whatever.

Honestly had a bit of trouble recalling the chapters that this adapted at first but they came back to me. Kind of an interesting choice to start this off with Chp 92 first, but it's about Nino so I'm all for it. Love how Nino just blocked out the memories of her saying anything harsh to Fuutaro before this.

I guess waiting a week for each episode isn't so bad. Been awhile since I got to watch this series weekly.
Sep 10, 2023 12:03 AM
Jul 2021
Loved to see the quints back again.
Sep 13, 2023 8:05 AM

Oct 2018
This show is so easy to get back to. Every time I think I won't like it but still end up liking it. Not much change withe style, they tried to keep the looks similar well, Shaft has a lot of other stuff to make to.
Sep 14, 2023 9:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting first episode divide in 2 shorts

The first in the hospital
the second on the beach!

kekeke
Sep 18, 2023 6:54 AM
Jan 2021
GOATED GOATED GOATED
Sep 23, 2023 5:33 AM
Nov 2019
liburan musim panas futarou mengambil cuti guru privat dan bersenang senang di pantai bersama adik dan teman sekelasnya
My Candies :
Sep 24, 2023 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
It was nice change with other people in episode and still lovely relationship with the girls. Miku was so bold in that house play :D I don't know why Itsuki acted so strange?
The other girls on the beach were also sexy ;d It would be better if one of them hit on Uesugi ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 25, 2023 1:32 AM

Jun 2021
Way to go kid with that playing house.
Sep 28, 2023 12:10 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this was fun. Mainly the part with them playing house and Miku going full attack mode.

First segment with Nino can burn in hell for all I care.
Oct 13, 2023 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
That OP is the best I've seen from this series.
Nino and her tsundere act never fail to amuse me!

I like the scenes when they were playing house with Kiku. Miku was so assertive with her feelings, and I loved it! I also like the attention to detail when Miku thought Fuutarou confessed to her. The way she nervously moved her skirt. That was good! Nino and Itsuki being called the grandmas and Nino getting annoyed made me chuckle.

Excellent animation by Shaft. The girls look extra beautiful, especially Itsuki! I wish they did the entire series!
Oct 20, 2023 8:09 PM
Jan 2021
MIKU GOT DENIED LMAO

yatsuba being the family dog though is amazing. sis really took one for the team lol
Dec 22, 2023 9:11 PM
Nov 2018
I didn't realize Shaft is doing the specials, but man I recognize their style immediately when watching this. It's feels like a completely different show with the Shaft style and I dig it.
Jan 31, 1:25 AM

Aug 2017
Best harem ever. And best harem MC. I love this show.

ALFIN_ARDIANSYAH said:

I think you can only get harem ending in the video games :( though I like that they hint at it in this episode.
CarbonMDJan 31, 1:29 AM
Mar 5, 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
I'm surprised that this was made at all, but it was not bad. Next episode we'll get bikinis at the pool, nice.

More topics from this board

» Why Itsuki's fan following got boomed suddenly?

BananaBond - Apr 24

13 by saketsahu »»
Apr 25, 8:51 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome∽ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Embient - Sep 9, 2023

70 by iwubanime »»
Mar 27, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Who would you choose ?

lightning_angad7 - Aug 12, 2023

14 by Gator »»
Mar 5, 11:50 AM

» How am I even suppposed to pronounce this?

enrosurobakia - Apr 2, 2023

21 by dicloflom »»
Feb 3, 12:16 AM

» Will this give a different ending to each girl?

CrowsAlchemy - May 6, 2023

14 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 2, 9:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.