Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2023 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
This was...quite interesting at least for an anime with a zombie horror elements. 

Akira running from those zombies is like trying to find his freedom. Time slowing down during that segment felt like an eternity. Still, I'm impressed how they captured the colorful chereography of this premiere episode. It felt surreal, with emotions and almost like watching a movie. Given the nature of this show, I'm expecting the tone of the anime to keep this type of momentum. An exciting start imo.

May 2020
Was looking so much forward to this, and heck yeah good to see we got into groove from the first few minutes itself. Now since our main man, Tendou Akira, is a corporate employee who just started his first job, it’s assuring to see this ain’t yet another journey of a high-schooler kind of thing. 

Now I get, work in corporate can be tough or heck can be hell, but that’s on companies, and unfortunately dude joined one such company, where you’re supposed to WORK AND WORK ALONE. I mean just see the shock on his face after the first drinking party when he realised the gravity of the situation lol. A year passed, but nothing changed. Then two years passed and of course nothing changed as well, it only got worse. And then in the present, with the dude being in his third year of job, he totally broke. 

Also to make it worse, the super hot girl he used to have a crush on, was already fucking with the chairman… with his knowing all of it. My dude had it rough…:( Then it was that day which changed the course of his own life to a literal upside down… A FUCKING ZOMBIE APOCYLYPSE all of sudden lmaoooo. You see left, and then you see right.. zombies and zombies everywhere. 

Akira’s free from his hell work, so what better than going and confessing his love to the super hot girl he had a crush on this whole time when the world itself is going to collapse… and dude went there right away lol. One of the greatest lead-ups to confession and it turned out that girl has become a zombie too. Though dude not gonna succumb to depression yet.

Dude is already likeable, and that’s kind of rare. Though hope we won’t get proved wrong going forward. Anyways, an apocalyptic world and we’re here for it.

This is already a visual and animation masterclass, and not to mention the bgm. Best premiere this season yet. 

Jul 2017
Ever since mangaka Haro Aso's manga got its physical release, I have been watching Zom 100 like a hawk, and this premiere...delivered OUTSTANDINGLY in its pristine movie quality.

KANA-BOON's OP is, like Yamada-kun's OP, a bop of a banger once again!

24-year-old Akira Tendo spending 3 years at a company that's famous in entertainment business to pure black company overwork, his welcome was once much appreciated by his colleagues to drink and be merry...to pull all-nighter daily works that Akira himself only know that he's got into the perils of Japanese work. Though his body clock gets broken, and the desperation not to go to work, Akira knows that the work has lots of benefits with co-workers, though he has to contend with bad bosses like his department chief Kosugi, and year after year, he feels the effects ringing through his entire body, like not being able to bath, and apart from workers quitting every now and then, the secretary that he thought was beautiful, Saori Ohtori, whom he harbours a crush on her, was the CEO's mistress to perform indecent acts in the office.

Akira, having to change jobs at this juncture, is no longer an option, and to his 3rd year, he feels the total shit that he is taking up other people's work, and contemplates suicide. The black life, adding up on late charges and more with his building manager. But within a door next to that...there lies a zombie infestation, and that reigns the day where Akira can forget about going to work. With the reality of the world full of colour within sight, Akira can finally find life worth living for, and the first task: going to find Ohtori to confess his love for her, Akira is pumped to go see her...but at the cusp of his CEO being a zombie, and Akira resigns then and there to bring him to his death. Unforuntately, Ohtori, like the CEO, has also turned into a zombie, though Akira never forgot his love for her, to only then be chased by his first love, faded into the limelight.

A dream life for Akira, his 3 years of tolling in a black company, that chapter has finally been closed, and he can put his bucket list of the 100 things he wants to do before becoming a zombie.

Director Kazuki Kawagoe knows his stuff, performing just like Komi-san's premiere episode! Despite Bug Films being a nobody studio, it's the staff team that truly gives this adaptation life. A truly flawless adaptation of Chapter 1 of the manga, now I am looking forward to more!

THE BEST PREMIERE OF THE SEASON THUS FAR.
KANLen09Jul 9, 2023 6:54 AM
Jul 9, 2023 1:31 AM

Dec 2021
The highly anticipated Zom 100 is finally here! A genuinely new take of the on the setting and genre of Zombies! 

Our main protagonist, Akira Tendou has a shit life, his job is at a blech office, doing work you just seemingly don't care about for a company that doesn't even care about you. Working as a slave being paid less than minimum wage and being paid nothing for overtime, hell even his crush is getting fucked by the typical bastard from every hentai and nightmare indeed. Our boy Akira has it rough for him, and the worst part is taking it all home with you and all you can think about is the dread of going back the next day. Akira just wishes that everything goes away and for a fun event to occur to him, like I don't know... a zombie apocalypse where every you go is just hell. Welp that's Zom 100! 

The anime is pure jokes and a fresh take on the shounen genre and I'm here for it, all Akira can think about when the apocalypse happens is he's gonna be late for work LOL. The fact that when everything finally sunk in for him all he can express in joy because let's be honest anything's better than working at a office. So all these dreams and hopes he had in the back of his mind thing's he had on a halt because of his job holding him back Akira sets out to accomplish his Bucket List of 100 things 

It takes a lot in our current age to make a zombie apocalypse story interesting since we've seen about everything from it. Zom 100 unlike a lot of other stories seems to take this concept and is running with it knowing damn well everyone watching understands zombies and have seen plenty of times before. Though it seems people are scavenging for everything but toilet paper hmmm -0/10 not realistic- 

This show bring to light the desire for anyone in a tough place in their lives whether it be being stuck in a dead end office job or no job at all or just pursing something that brings them no joy at all. When we were kids we would look at the adults who work everyday and every minutes of their lives we looked at it as boring, we were never gonna be like that we said to ourselves we had dreams that nothing or no one could stop us from accomplishing it, but as we grow older we become those adults we despised we fantasize about something that can give you an escape from all your responsibilities like the end of the world. This episode captures that amazingly. 

Sometimes just like Akira all we need is kickstart in life to get a fire going in our lives even it was a zombie apocalypse and if it sound like something for you then this is the perfect anime for you. 

Zom 100 is an anime I'm definitely looking forward to every week. Best premiere along with JJK imo
IzanaSolosJul 9, 2023 2:24 AM

Jul 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Jun 2014
I had no idea what to expect from this show going in, but wow, that was probably the most entertaining premiere episode I've seen so far this season. Our MC finds himself slaving away in a corporate job, then to make matters worse, his work waifu is fucking the boss 😭 she was a baddie too, poor guy. Then boom, zombie apocalypse and it was just insanity after that. Dude still wanted to shoot his shot at work waifu but turns out she became a zombie too. Let's see where the story goes from here.

The MC is already really likeable to me, and I loved the presentation of this episode. The energy, the vibrant colors, the animation quality, it felt like a mini-movie. Very good first impressions, a strong opening episode, and this is definitely shaping up to be one of Summer season's biggest hits. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 9, 2023 1:41 AM
Sep 2021
One word : PEAK.

If this show keeps it this way, it'll be a 10/10 without efforts.. I can't believe how great this first episode was!

I'm hoping it'll keep being this good in the future and the production doesn't let us down.
Jul 9, 2023 1:54 AM
Jul 2015
Well I was impressed by the animation. Nice first episode though

Jul 9, 2023 1:54 AM

Jun 2019
I was looking forward to it so much and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed by it at the least. Very interesting setting and world. Loved the art style and animation provided by BugFilms. Great shit, Bugfilms. That was Peak indeed. Loved the OP as well. A great premiere indeed. Can't wait for more of this amazing-looking show. And, i hope I keep getting amazed by it in the future episodes as well.
Jul 9, 2023 2:09 AM
Feb 2021
Wow that was an amazing first episode and an amazing introduction to Bug Films as a studio (will be keeping an eye on them from now on) hope the score goes up after people actually watch the episode cause GODDAMN this is one of the best premieres I’ve seen in a while, I can see this being Anime of the Season
OvergrownRoverJul 9, 2023 2:48 AM
Jul 9, 2023 2:28 AM
Jun 2022
As expected from the writer of Vinland Saga and Jujutsu Kaisen, he did a damn good job
Jul 9, 2023 2:34 AM
Jun 2023
This show is definitely looking very promising with its premise and unique main character. Looking forward to future episodes.
Jul 9, 2023 2:34 AM

Jan 2018
Zom 100 had an absolutely insane premiere. It was so much fun to watch. 
Jul 9, 2023 2:36 AM
May 2020
MOVIE QUALITY. 10/10 episode
Jul 9, 2023 2:38 AM
Feb 2021
FailedArtNinja said:
MOVIE QUALITY. 10/10 episode

What I was coming here to say. Absolutely amazing first episode.
Jul 9, 2023 2:39 AM
May 2021
What a first ep!! Always wanted to check out the manga!! Amazing!! Cant wait for more!!
Jul 9, 2023 2:39 AM

Jul 2019
FukaTouki said:
As expected from the writer of Vinland Saga and Jujutsu Kaisen, he did a damn good job
Dont think calling him the writer of those shows to be exactly correct. Its series composition.
Jul 9, 2023 2:40 AM
Sep 2021
akira tendou didn't enjoy his corporate lives due to overwork and other environmental factors at this work which made him become depressed and want to end his life but he was saved by the zombie apocalypse. Nice visuals, interesting characters. Ready for more.
Jul 9, 2023 2:43 AM
Feb 2022
o hell yea been waiting For some zombi anime For so long
Jul 9, 2023 2:43 AM
Mar 2016
They did really good, they dropped a bomb
Good job BUG FILMS
Jul 9, 2023 2:46 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, this first episode was a joy to watch. Loved the colour composition between the dull work life and the bright and colourful freedom. Seeing this is the first project for the animation studio, they have done an amazing job.

With Hiroshi Seko as the screenwriter, you know it's going to be a banger.

Looking forward to more.
Jul 9, 2023 2:47 AM
Jun 2016
"Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru Made ni Shitai no Koto" is a manga series that explores the theme of life in a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies. Despite its slow pace, the story portrays the harsh and unfair reality of life. However, the ending reveals the perspective that even though life may be unjust, all living beings are ultimately equal.

The manga effectively captures the essence of a cruel and unforgiving world, where survival becomes the main focus. The protagonist's journey mirrors the struggles and challenges faced by individuals in a society that is teetering on the edge of collapse. The slow pace of the story allows for a deeper exploration of the characters' emotions and their desperate attempts to find meaning and purpose amidst chaos.

The contrast between the bleakness of the setting and the underlying message of equality is thought-provoking. It highlights the resilience of the human spirit and the potential for hope even in the most dire circumstances. Despite the unfairness and brutality of life, the manga suggests that all individuals, regardless of their circumstances, deserve a chance at survival and happiness.

Overall, "Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru Made ni Shitai no Koto" presents a thought-provoking narrative that delves into the harsh realities of life while conveying a message of equality and the importance of finding hope in the face of adversity.
Jul 9, 2023 2:47 AM

Feb 2021
Daaamn that opening scene is nice
The visuals are so damn good. The various effects
Idk how close is this situation to real life, but it was still heartbreaking to see
I absolutely looove the colors!
This was sooo good! Excited to see more! Definitely will be reading the manga too

This is the studio's (BUG FILMS') first anime btw. Let's just hope the things depicted in this episode weren't close to how this anime's production is going.
EmbientJul 9, 2023 3:10 AM
Jul 9, 2023 2:48 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if all of this is just in his head and he's having a nightmare from working himself to death. Everybody looked like an overworked zombie.
Jul 9, 2023 2:51 AM
Mar 2020
THEY FUCKIN COOKED!!!
Jul 9, 2023 2:53 AM

Aug 2017
Production value impressed me and plot looks promising with a funny mc to follow. 
Jul 9, 2023 3:02 AM
May 2018
I've been blown away by how good this was, Looking forward to watching the next episodes. 
Jul 9, 2023 3:04 AM

Jul 2020
This anime will feel close to home of how our world is like, Work, work, WORK. we cannot do what we want the most, THIS IS THE SH*T RIGHT HERE!!! A MASTERPIECE!!
Jul 9, 2023 3:06 AM
Apr 2017
Well maybe he actually died from working too hard and then he moved to the same world but there was a zombie apocalypse like he wanted a world where he didn't have to go to work anymore. Hahaha
Jul 9, 2023 3:06 AM

Oct 2017
Been waiting to see this premiere and this was amazing. The production is top tier. Animation, visual, direction were all so good. Really enjoyed the episode. Excited for upcoming episodes.
MegamiRemJul 9, 2023 3:44 AM
Jul 9, 2023 3:10 AM
Jun 2014
Amazing animation, and love the fast pace. Although I can't help but wonder if this show is made in a company the show is commenting on.
Jul 9, 2023 3:14 AM

May 2012
Great first episode. Now let's see what the actual story finna be about.
Jul 9, 2023 3:16 AM
May 2022
I never expected this anime to be any good with the way anime is just getting popped out left-right and centre with no decent story to them but after reading the manga for this I’m absolutely excited to see how this goes loved komi-san so my expectations are high for this

Definitely needed a new zombie like anime for awhile so hope it goes well
Jul 9, 2023 3:19 AM

Aug 2015
Amazing. If it maintains the level, it's a very strong contender for AOTY.
Jul 9, 2023 3:20 AM
Feb 2022
This anime is gonna remind me every sunday that i have to go to work the next day and i’ll never be as free as him
Jul 9, 2023 3:22 AM
Jan 2020
What awesome animation and art of this film!
Jul 9, 2023 3:28 AM

Dec 2020
Man, it felt so refreshing.
While the others are terrified seeing the zombie apocalypse, our bro is finally feeling alive, full of energy. He got his life back. The rainbow colors hit different.
The scene of him throwing his CEO in sumo style was also amazing. And that ohtori bitch turned into a zombie lol, good for our bro. Now he can find a pure girl of his own liking.

Overall it was pretty refreshing Boo Yeah!
Jul 9, 2023 3:32 AM
Feb 2020
sick cinema experience. great episode
Jul 9, 2023 3:41 AM
Oct 2022
wow what a surprising anime it is!!
I was hoping that this anime will be good but now I'm sure this is gonna be a hectick of a show.
well I'm quite liking this hoping this anime will be more popular and recommended.
Jul 9, 2023 3:44 AM
Sep 2022
Easily the Best First Episode Of this Season by a long margin..
Jul 9, 2023 3:46 AM
Sep 2015
This is a game-changer episode. I'll remember the name of the studio "Bug Films" from now on.
Jul 9, 2023 3:47 AM

Jul 2020
the art style kinda gave me the demon slayer vibes which I'm not a fan of at all. other than that, it was very enjoyable
and that certainly was one way to quit a job and confess to the girl you're in love with on the same day
Jul 9, 2023 3:47 AM

Jun 2021
Awesome premiere episode. Watching zombie anime like this with this kind of animation and color pop, feels like a movie.
RedcherJul 9, 2023 4:16 AM
Jul 9, 2023 3:48 AM

Jul 2017
The manga's always been an inconsistent series but damn the start of it was strong there, and it's probably even better here. Looked great, flowed really well and delivered a nice climax for a first episode there with him doing stuff that he always wanted to do. Loved the sequence with color gradually forming as he realizes that he doesn't have to return to work the next day, that was great too. How will the rest of the show fare out after the beginning phase here? I'm not sure, maybe it would fall apart slowly like the manga did, but for now at least, the anime screams promise and I'm in for the ride for the time being.
Jul 9, 2023 3:52 AM

Jul 2021
This Zom 100 first episode looks like those Classics you'll look back years later that defined the year or probably the decade.
Jul 9, 2023 3:59 AM

Jun 2019
The running zombies looks good.

The last zombie scene I watched last year had this slo-mo and laggy movements.
Jul 9, 2023 4:02 AM

Feb 2014
Good animation, but I don't know if the story will hold, we will see.
Jul 9, 2023 4:03 AM

Nov 2013
Bruh, don't understand how you start working without knowing your schedule, then continuing to work for 3 years as a slave! 

That woman kept him sane but he got over her pretty much instantly lol.

I love zombie shows. Gonna see what else is in store for us.

I think a lot of us can relate to "wanting an apocalypse to change boring lifestyle". 
Jul 9, 2023 4:09 AM
Apr 2023
SPOILERS!!!!Literally my favorite first episode of any anime! Actually beautiful. The way it shows the stressful and horrible Japanese exploitation company jobs is done to perfection. The way they set up a impactful love interest in less then 15 minutes and had her become a ravenous zombie who can’t even comprehend or care for his love confession its just AAAUUGH chefs kiss man. Don’t even get me started on the IMPACT FRAMES BABY!!! The boss scene is awesome. The use of colors mixed with blood is magnificent. 10/10 anime, I just hope it’s not a oshi no ko situation with a perfect first episode and then it falls off.
Jul 9, 2023 4:09 AM

Feb 2022
lessgoo the dark horse of this season ....
Jul 9, 2023 4:12 AM
Senpai

May 2021
wow what new Studio is this? It looks great so far, i'm hyped !
I hope the quality will stay like this.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

67 by Trughoul97 »»
May 15, 8:35 AM

Poll: » what do u think about the netorare part? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 18

54 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 8, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

74 by Joey-XD19202 »»
May 2, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

272 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

310 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 2, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.