Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2022 4:11 AM

Jun 2015
And that's it for the main story. EP6 will be even more of an epilogue, it seems. Hopefully not a revival of what the Specials were to the first series. Either way, this 5-ep adventure was serviceably amusing, and a good legacy of the original.
Oct 12, 2022 4:30 AM
Mar 2018
Wow what a wild ride. They went even deeper.

P.S We all know who the father is.
Oct 12, 2022 6:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
"There's nothing worse than hearing one's love story." Oh, come on, you know that's true, lol. Iirc, this is how the OG ended too so it's nice to have a little moment of deja vu.

Tamura turned out to be a lot smarter, and the pride of a time-traveler part made me respect him more.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 12, 2022 7:25 AM

Oct 2020
Episode 6 came out today too. It's finished.
Oct 12, 2022 7:50 AM

Mar 2020
This was a fun conclusion to the series, nothing more than that. I suppose Episode 6 might be an extra epilogue of sorts.
Oct 12, 2022 12:02 PM

Apr 2019
I really liked this episode; made for a really great conclusion to the story. I liked how it Watashi "omitted" the details between him and Akashi. Saying how "There's nothing worse than hearing someone brag about fulfilled romance." Loved

Loved how Watashi returned via staying in the closet for the whole day.

Also loved this series' version of how Watashi and Akashi met. Was very cute.

I'm guessing that the final episode will be them going to Gozan? Or some epilogue of sorts.
arcticmontysOct 12, 2022 12:11 PM
Oct 12, 2022 12:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
In the end, the remote is the best time traveler we saw, what a journey.
And now that we have the confirmation the kid is Akashi's son, it's obvious that Watashi is the father (xD)
Oct 12, 2022 12:08 PM

Oct 2020
I am so glad this was made, this episode was a 10/10. I loved it so much, seeing Watashi and the rest of the group back, oh and the couple was finally confirmed (im really happy)

CodeMoon said:

yupp, the last scene confirmed it :)
Oct 12, 2022 8:19 PM

Oct 2013
Really satisfying and overall really enjoyable
Oct 13, 2022 5:28 AM

Oct 2020
DinoPapiro said:
I am so glad this was made, this episode was a 10/10. I loved it so much, seeing Watashi and the rest of the group back, oh and the couple was finally confirmed (im really happy)

CodeMoon said:

I am just trying to confirm if we are thinking of the same person right?
Oct 13, 2022 5:53 AM

Oct 2020
Truly_Evil said:
DinoPapiro said:

Im pretty we are :)
Oct 13, 2022 6:02 AM

Oct 2020
DinoPapiro said:
Truly_Evil said:

Uhh.. I don't get it. It probably means Watashi right? But I don't get the pun here.
And don't laugh but
My mind gave me only one person when Tamura gave a cool line before going finally as if it was straight coming from Master Higuchi's words of wisdom. Even though he mentioned that Higuchi still lived in that apartment, I can't help but think that.
Oct 13, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2020
Truly_Evil said:
DinoPapiro said:

Uhh.. I don't get it. It probably means Watashi right? But I don't get the pun here.
And don't laugh but
My mind gave me only one person when Tamura gave a cool line before going finally as if it was straight coming from Master Higuchi's words of wisdom. Even though he mentioned that Higuchi still lived in that apartment, I can't help but think that.
Yes, im pretty sure its Watashi. His final line is something like "I wont give any more details on my relationship with Akashi, theres nothing worse than hearing someone brag about fullfiled romance"
Tamura appearence is also a dead giveaway and there is also his last dialogue with Watashi
Oct 13, 2022 10:36 AM
Sep 2018
Honestly, it was disappointing how passive Watashi was in this serie. He only asked Akashi out because she told him that he had done that.
Oct 13, 2022 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
*tsk tsk* "The future must be grasped with one's own hands."
-Looks like Tamura learned well from Master Higuchi.

I think we all knew who Tamura's parents were the minute he showed up, if the mole and the hairstyle wasn't any indication but it was nice to see it confirmed.
"Isn't that dangerous? If you were to run into parents they might lose the urge to have you."
Haha! So Jougasaki's diss back in ep. 2 wasn't said for nothing!
The framing of the scene sold it. Tamura is planted smack dab in between Watashi and Akashi-san.

I'm relieved and immensely pleased to say it was a short but fun spinoff!
Watashi and Akashi-san are more expressive which makes for some entertaining scenes, the outdoor scenes are beautiful, especially the Old Book Fair and the bridge at dusk, and the comedy is on par with Tatami Galaxy. It's like they never left!

You could say it was a condensed version of the Tatami Galaxy (except our characters talk at a normal speed), with the MC ultimately asking Akashi-san out to the Gozan no Okuribi bonfire and slyly omitting the details once again (You stingy fox! For once when I'm actually invested in a relationship as dynamic and witty as this!).
Our MC continues to get trolled by Ozu and Higuchi, tries not to get caught up in the craziness but fails spectacularly, and thankfully isn't as obsessed with the "rose-colored campus life" this time round.

Rewatching this as a whole is going to be amusing, knowing where our MC was at all points in the story (and dying in the closet). Now to see if we can spot Aijima's missing glasses.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Oct 13, 2022 3:41 PM

Oct 2018
Only one more episode. 😭
Oct 26, 2022 5:16 AM

Jun 2016
Beautiful episode. Loved the colors and bckgrounds throughout, the new direction proved to be quite charismatic and adventurous while sticking to the previous formula. Great stuff. Loved the melancholy of the las minutes.
Nov 26, 2022 6:29 AM

Oct 2021
"There's nothing worse than hearing someone brag about fulfilled romance."

Now this line from season 1 ending makes more sense now. Congrats watashi x akashi
Feb 4, 2023 3:04 AM

Apr 2014
This is a small thing that has been bugging me for years, and its come back up again here: is "mochiguma" singular and "mochiguman" plural? Or the other way around? And are all of them called mochiguma/mochiguman individually, or only the white one?
Mar 10, 2023 6:03 PM
Mar 2019
All these Shenanigans for a Remote.
Sep 16, 2023 11:06 AM

Aug 2022
So just as I though Akashi is Tamura's mother. Now is Watashi the father or not?
Dec 7, 2023 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
so the time travel in this show is fixed timeline or predeterminism eh

so free will is really an illusion here even akashi implied much when she says they do not know the future but its predetermined or destiny

and nice that akashi and watashi romance is a success and their child is that fat boy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Time Machine Blues Episode 2 Discussion

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 21, 2022

24 by Karva1 »»
May 9, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Time Machine Blues Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Sep 14, 2022

55 by Karva1 »»
May 8, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Time Machine Blues Episode 6 Discussion

CaptainKenshiro - Oct 12, 2022

36 by cchigu »»
Jan 28, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Time Machine Blues Episode 4 Discussion

CodeMoon - Oct 5, 2022

21 by deg »»
Dec 7, 2023 1:24 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Time Machine Blues Episode 3 Discussion

CaptainKenshiro - Sep 28, 2022

17 by deg »»
Dec 7, 2023 12:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.