Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2022 4:05 PM

Aug 2020
Literally what a beautiful animation. The scenery, bg, and characters are shining. I love this. Episode 1 was great enough to excite me. so interested in this show now

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 7, 2022 4:09 PM

Jul 2020
The show is kinda funny but why in the world are all the characters cross-eyed to the extent that it looks creepy lol
Jul 7, 2022 4:15 PM
Dec 2021
This episode is a fantastic one.
Jul 7, 2022 4:16 PM

Nov 2014
The backgrounds and lighting are all really on point. I like the look of it a lot. No idea where the story is going, as the set up leaves a lot of different directions for where the story can go. Solid first episode overall.
Jul 7, 2022 4:24 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty intriguing, interesting setting mostly carried by the night visuals and atmosphere.

The character dynamic seems pretty good and the soundtrack was pretty great towards the end.
Definitely interested in watching more, I feel like it's gonna come down to whether the character dynamics can carry the show throughout it's run unless there's a an actual storyline that'll creep up as this goes on.
Jul 7, 2022 4:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was great, I’m a big fan of Dagashi Kashi and it’s nice to see something else from that mangaka again, it’s a very nice style and it also looks very nice animation and art wise, absolutely loved the backgrounds and colors, the show itself is awesome so far.

Nazuna is definitely gonna be a contender for best girl this season, her personality is very fun and I like her moments with Kou so far. That blood sucking scene looked awesome too, hot and scary at the same time lol, but it wasn’t quite as spooky after she reacted to drinking it, interesting how he tasted so good lol. And wow that OP was nice, idk if that was the ED we heard at the end or not but Creepy Nuts is definitely awesome.

I’m looking forward to more of this for sure, it’s gonna be a slapper.
Jul 7, 2022 4:59 PM
Oct 2012
Can't say I'm excited to see a 14 year old fall in love with, what seems to be, an adult.
However the style and OST is really impressive.

Looking forward to the second episode, glad the show actually seems to have him becoming a vampire as a plot point - I think that's what we all want to see afterall.
Jul 7, 2022 5:03 PM

May 2012
Sound track is absolutely slapping.

14/40 is kinda a gap doe.
Jul 7, 2022 5:10 PM

May 2021
it's got that wannabe "unique directing and aesthetic" vibe, but worth continuing for the music and that ed song
Jul 7, 2022 5:38 PM
May 2020
ko is just going with the flow
Jul 7, 2022 5:40 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I am sold on this. Very impressed with the animation and the visuals. Characters seem awesome as well.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jul 7, 2022 6:01 PM

May 2022
dude I swear I went crazy after watching this!

the original manga was one of the best manga I've ever read. Lidenflims did an amazing job. the sounds and animations are insane. I also love the OP and ED of the anime. this could be the best anime show in this season.
Jul 7, 2022 6:13 PM
Jul 2021
It’s such a beautiful anime to just watch, the way they make the city look at night is amazing and the animation is smooth. The OP and ED are pure vibes
Jul 7, 2022 6:22 PM

Jul 2021
This is as good as the manga counterpart. I think the latter will just get better. There are no deep plots and stuff if you're expecting this series, it's just a night walk where you are touching air for once and have some tranquility in mind. Sora Amamiya voicing Nazuna is a bless ngl and I like the male guy, he's living his life fr.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 7, 2022 6:26 PM

Feb 2020
The OP and ED mad fire 😩😩😩 so fucking good

I can really relate to the dude, I've never really understood what dating or falling in love really is. I've been "attracted" to people but I've never truly romantically fallen in love with anyone. It sucks. Well anyways, amazing first episode so far, love the vibes and the aesthetic of the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2022 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
TheBasedMaki said:

I wonder how this show would look life if Shaft adapted it. Looks like something that fits their style.

If the Shaft of today animated this, it would be straight dumpster fire. Thankfully the director is someone who used to be at Shaft before their exodus.
Jul 7, 2022 6:36 PM
Mar 2015
We belong to the night
Jul 7, 2022 6:42 PM

Mar 2019
Bruh after watching Gigguks video I knew this would be good but still didnt know exactly what to expect but wow I am very impressed. After 1 episode I am 100% on board for wherever this show is gonna take us!
Jul 7, 2022 6:46 PM

Dec 2018
I simply LOVED both characters and the animation was great <3
Jul 7, 2022 6:47 PM

Jul 2019
We find the most comfort at night. A time when we can completely detach ourselves from the world. True tranquility in feelings.

I like this.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 7, 2022 7:05 PM
May 2022
It feel like they're trying to copy monogatari"
From Visuals,Camera angle, those dark scenery, well over all it's good but looks meh i tried to binge the manga last night but it turns out to be a Harem shitty after a long run definitely a good at start 7.5/10
Jul 7, 2022 7:10 PM

Mar 2022
soo, she is 40... ara ara :D :D

The vampire lady is nice, good personality and design. Abs>boobs. Great VA. She seems fun. Also seems way baked :D You'd defnitely find those hippies around sweets vending machines in the middle of the night. Woudn't recommend for going for the sleep over to the suspicious looking lady stranger tho. Makes for a very awkvard visit to the doctor when it starts to itch.

I'm still on the fence for the boy tho, he seems to be "one of those". The Shinji clones.
The banter improves substantialy once her true nature is out in the open, so I have hope left!

Othervise the look sure is unique. Caught me off guard at first, but I like the neon unrealisticaly empty streets look. I don't like the music andor OP/ED, but those are very minor points. Anyway, looks quite promising.

PS: What if... hear me out. What if she is just the neighbourhood friendly pot head milf who found the insomniac kid while on her munchies trip. Brings him home to "cure" him and the vampire shenanigans is just them tripin'. I'd watch that show too :D
SugoiDekaiOppaiJul 7, 2022 7:15 PM
Jul 7, 2022 7:16 PM

Nov 2020
Loved this intro episode, here's hoping it keeps my attention.
Jul 7, 2022 7:23 PM

Feb 2021
That was a great first episode. Very clever choice for the colors and lighting. A lot of wide angle shots too. It kinda has the Monogatari feel to it or is it just me?

The first pic caught me off guard.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 7, 2022 7:35 PM
Jun 2022
I'm a light-novel reader , i don't care much about shounen manga or stuff related to it . But just this one i make a exception . The first time i read it , the atmosphere of the night captivated me really much that i could imagine ia night of my own ( I read to the latest chapters btw) . When i heard it is going to be animated , 90% of myself shows no surprise to the announcement because the plot is so good , not much action like JJK or AoT...... but it tackles the vampires theme , one of the theme that i love the most.

Talking about the visuals , it is animated by LIDENFILMS , the studio that made Tokyo Revengers . If i have to compare these two , Call Of The Night wins the round . The night is the main background , so they put the visuals to the max level .

About the plot , i won't spoil much but Ko's objective to become a vampire is a wise choice to move on with the story . Every time the scene changes , sometimes it gives a omnimous aura , but also there are funny scenes as well . It's like Monogatari series but with a clearer version of comedy and mystery

The soundtrack is quite catchy . Creepy Nuts did a good job in their first-anime opening song though i will put it in my second best opening song since Classroom Of The Elite season 2 opening takes the lead .

All in all , this anime is a gold in the middle of many action shounen anime . A vampire-supernatural-comedy anime like this is a hard to miss . Even though it's listed for 13 episodes . I hope they will adapt the manga to the very end , because the growth of Yamori Ko will makes readers feel interesting to take a look at
Jul 7, 2022 7:55 PM
Jan 2017
The visual is look very great,,
this is very rare to found on series anime on this day beside movie,,
but the i dont really like the story, just feel meh
Jul 7, 2022 8:01 PM

Sep 2021
Really love the vibes of this show! It has a super neat art style that I'm glad was captured well from the manga (from what I've read in the comments). There were some really awesome shots that people have pointed out, like just before Nazuna bites Kou, for the first time- amazing.
Part of me really wants to watch this at night only, since it fits the show and all :3

I don't really have any particular expectations for this, I just thought the premise sounded interesting and I love stuff involving vampires, so I'm just here to enjoy the ride!
And Ten-chan is absolutely killing it as Nazuna~ ♡

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jul 7, 2022 10:06 PM

Jul 2021
A good start, the color scheme used for the background was impressive, created a energetic nighttime vibe. Stellar animation and visuals but the characters felt out of place in some scenes. The direction reminds me of monogatari with the clever angle shots and storyboard.
Jul 7, 2022 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
Oleogm said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
So is this a bad Monogatari clone... seems meh so far... will give it two more eps

As someone who loves monogatari and has being reading the whole manga since the start

This have a total of zero similitudes with monogatari series.
The only thing you can really say it's "similar" is he's a friend of a vampire.

Monogatari didn't create the vampire-human relationships
the drawing style , character personalities, the still motion frames, some of the dialogue. And apparently is because having the same director. I never said anything about the vampire thing. I though it was a clone way before the vampire loli thing appeared
Jul 7, 2022 10:15 PM

Aug 2020
Eh, Lidenfilms making a good anime and it's a good non-sequel anime in 2022? Hell must be freezing over. Besides that, I think it shows a lot of promise if it can keep it up for the rest of the season. Great colours, great music, great chara design (so-far).

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jul 7, 2022 10:16 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Geeezes so many posts, I'm so happy so many people are watching this show and enjoying it, can't wait for merch and figures to get made, take my money!!!

Jul 7, 2022 10:22 PM

Mar 2015
kriissyy12 said:
Remember kids, if a hot girl asks you to come back to her place late at night, you do it.
what guy at 14 wouldnt come to a hot chick's place? at that age I only thought about coming. to places
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 7, 2022 10:32 PM

May 2016
It looks great, but Nazuna's character design looks a lot like Toga....
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jul 7, 2022 10:43 PM
Aug 2016
are they back, is this one of those mc? weak chicken, getting beaten and when the heroine near despair, almost raped or on last breath they unlock power to save the day?
Jul 7, 2022 10:54 PM
Dec 2020
Knew this was going to be great the moment I learned Itamura was involved. And boy am I grateful for his involvement.

Every aspect of it was at the very least above average. The visuals were solid, and the strong, intentional color choice only bolstered the already solid art direction. The soundtrack was just as amazing as I had hoped for. I was most surprised by the voice acting, the delivery was perfect! The banter between Nazuna and Kou was so natural hilarious, I didn't know what I was expecting in the first place, but this definitely goes above and beyond whatever I thought it was going to be initially.

I still remember when I got the notification that Yofukashi was getting an adaptation, the excitement of getting to see one of my favorite titles in animation. And now it's here, and it's everything I wanted and more! A very good feeling indeed.

Here's to a good rest of the season! (And hopefully next season as well!)

PotanX said:
are they back, is this one of those mc? weak chicken, getting beaten and when the heroine near despair, almost raped or on last breath they unlock power to save the day?
What are you talking about?
Jul 7, 2022 11:01 PM

Apr 2020
The presentation may be similar to Monogatari's, but the plot and themes are completely different.

I love this. Besides the alluring, night time atmosphere it creates, the manga is chock full of dialogues that are guaranteed to become memetic, so I can't wait until we get to those parts.
Jul 7, 2022 11:17 PM

Sep 2020
this was a good start ,looking forward to the their relationship further
Jul 7, 2022 11:19 PM
Nov 2020
Itamura never disappoints lol.
Jul 7, 2022 11:28 PM

Jun 2013
The color scheme is very brught and cool and this looks very interesting
Jul 8, 2022 12:00 AM

Jun 2014
This was a really good first episode, I've heard great things about this manga so I couldn't wait to check out the adaptation. Animation is solid and overall this got off to a strong start, I'm glad to see one of the more anticipated shows on my summer season radar seems like it'll be a good time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 8, 2022 12:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Freaking beautiful are the vibrant colours of the night here; but you don't need me to tell you that. The vibes are strong with this one. The directing is on point; well done, monogatari-series director. I love the attention to detail, like the brief shot of the two in the elevator, but her reflection is not shown.

Here's hoping this is not just a first-episode one-hit-wonder, but that we'll be able to enjoy the night from start to finish.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 8, 2022 12:46 AM
Sep 2021
this shit is so good
Jul 8, 2022 2:33 AM

Jan 2011
This Dagashi Kashi artsyle sucked when Dagashi Kashi aired, and it still sucks now. I can't watch more than 2 minutes of this garbage.
Jul 8, 2022 4:00 AM

Jun 2019
Ayee... that was a PogU first episode. I love the vampire girl already. She's cute and the boy is nice as well. He wants to be a vampire and she just wants to drink blood. The animation and the direction are so fucking good. Also, the subtle OST in between was so well implemented. Good job to all the staff involved and LIDENFILMS. Hoping they keep up with this show.
Jul 8, 2022 4:39 AM

Aug 2021
I officially declared myself a fan of Yofukashi no Uta's background, just look at it, how wonderful. That's how beautiful the night is.
Jul 8, 2022 5:13 AM

Mar 2008
Nice OP / ED

I like the pretty purple and blue tones to this show hah

Guess I will have to wait for more to get a proper feel of how this show will be. I find it hard to believe anyone could so easily fall asleep in the home of a stranger they only moments ago were acting afraid of. Though I guess that could be a vampire thing where she can help people fall asleep?
Jul 8, 2022 5:45 AM

Oct 2016
Oh yes, some good fucking food.

Director really loves his vampires huh, lmao. They were only talking the whole episode, but it went by in a blink of an eye, Monogatari vibes. Goes to show how important directing is in a show, it keeps you engaged.

Shit, I should just watch this show at like 3am or something, for the immersion. Love Ko and Nazuna already. Soundtrack is a straight up banger to, not to mention the OP and ED. Really can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 8, 2022 6:42 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So far this feels like Dagashi Kashi After Dark... I approve that.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 8, 2022 7:09 AM
Jan 2022
traed said:
Nice OP / ED

I like the pretty purple and blue tones to this show hah

Guess I will have to wait for more to get a proper feel of how this show will be. I find it hard to believe anyone could so easily fall asleep in the home of a stranger they only moments ago were acting afraid of. Though I guess that could be a vampire thing where she can help people fall asleep?

i assume the vampires usual target mostly drunken or broken people which are i think easier to lured and seduced.
Jul 8, 2022 7:09 AM

Jan 2021
The kid seemed to run away because he wasn't fulfilled during the day. Same thing everyday, meanwhile feeling lost because he doesn't know what to do, and doesn't seem to want anything. Weird that vampire girl was blushing when the dude was pronouncing that he wants to love her. Very sus, how old are you lady, do we need to call the FBI.
PurpleMagicJul 8, 2022 7:18 AM
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MC’s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

33 by sekaistar »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

227 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 26, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.