Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Am I the only one who ships Minori x Ryuuji more, than Taiga x Ryuuji? in Toradora

New
Nov 11, 2020 10:28 PM

Jul 2020
Sry but I just can't get around how they end up.
Nov 11, 2020 11:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
ngl my ship was actually ami x ryuji... call me heartless but I didn't care for minori too much

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 11, 2020 11:26 PM

Feb 2018
No you're not alone.

Well i need a few more characters to actually send this short message.
Nov 11, 2020 11:28 PM

Jun 2017
i don't particularly, but I do love minori, she might be a favorite
Nov 11, 2020 11:31 PM

Jul 2019
every conceivable relationship in Toradora felt like the dumbest thing on earth though.
Nov 11, 2020 11:31 PM

Jun 2017
I'm with you on that one, I liked Minori way more than Taiga ... but I watched it years ago so I'm not salty about it anymore
Nov 12, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2017
Shit no, she is the worst character in Toradora! She's one of those type of characters who have an annoying personality and do not contribute much except to create drama or being dumb. I didn't enjoy many aspects of Toradora! due to her. So the ship makes no sense.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 12, 2020 12:59 AM
May 2020
Nah the best couple in Toradora! is Ryuuji x Yasuko, better ship with promising sailor.
Nov 12, 2020 1:01 AM

May 2020
BadJoash said:
ngl my ship was actually ami x ryuji... call me heartless but I didn't care for minori too much

nah man i wanted her as well
i like her character even though i dont remember toradora really well but i remember shes the one i like hahaha
Nov 12, 2020 1:02 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Part of me is... what about you @Amatniki?
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Nov 12, 2020 1:09 AM
Mar 2020
Nurguburu said:
Shit no, she is the worst character in Toradora! She's one of those type of characters who have an annoying personality and do not contribute much except to create drama or being dumb. I didn't enjoy many aspects of Toradora! due to her. So the ship makes no sense.
agreed, I found her utterly dumb too...
Nov 12, 2020 1:12 AM

Aug 2016
Yes, it's only you op, every that bruhs that replies that they agree are your alt accounts.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Nov 12, 2020 1:41 AM

Jun 2019
I completely agree, if Minori had been a bit more pro-active in the earlier days, when Ryuuji had strong feelings for her, I think they would have got together and made a great couple. I loved Minori's character, the over the top energetic person, with apparent boundless energy and love, who is actually vulnerable and shy on the inside.

The only reason Minori held back was because she could see her friend, Taiga, slowly falling for Ryuuji and he was good for Taiga. I personally think Minori should have put herself first and she and Ryuuji would've been really happy together (but then the story would have ended there and there'd be less drama). When it comes to love, put yourself first, if not you may end up alone, or miss out on the love of your life.
23feanorNov 12, 2020 1:45 AM
Nov 12, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2010
the problem in toradora was that ryuuji never made a move on minorin even though that was the whole plot of the LN/anime. he was always with taiga and never took chance to use her help into going on a date with minorin, there were so many tricks to use, even irl, boy A is friends with girl A and likes girl B, girl A will tell girl B (because they are friends too) about it and something will happen etc but not with toradora.
and it was so weid making minorin a lesbian in the end but if course, she also had feelings only for one boy, you guessed it, ryuuji.
the anime had its moments but overall it was a joke
CatalanoNov 12, 2020 3:57 AM
Nov 12, 2020 3:58 AM
May 2009
Wasn't really shipping anyone, was just watching it for the ride.
Nov 12, 2020 4:00 AM

Oct 2018
The best girl is that blue-haired girl, and she is the hottest as well
Taiga is one of the most annoying characters that I have ever seen
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 12, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2020
Oh my god thank you so much. I wanted Ryuuji to be with Minori way more than Taiga.
Nov 12, 2020 9:42 AM

Mar 2019
You're not alone. From Irl perspective, I think taiga's not really giving positive things to ryuji. I almost feel that ryuji starts to date her out of pity. I know it's stretching it but up until they do, ryuji's not really have anything for taiga. I feel like as a couple, they're not equal

Now minorin instead can bring positivity to ryuji and ryuji to minori. They have a thing for each other. they both hard working and mostly gentle, suited for each other by personality. Thay're kinda on equal standing if turns into a couple

Taiga IMO need to get mature personality-wise first to deserve ryuji
Nov 12, 2020 9:55 AM

Jul 2020
Damn, I didn't think there would be so many replies in just one day. I see that a lot of you ship Ryuuji with Ami as well, I guess it's just a personal preference (mine - Minori x Ryuuji), but if you ask me they both seem better than Taiga.
Nov 13, 2020 5:16 AM

Feb 2019
I like Minori’s character quite a lot, but thematically speaking, it wouldn’t really have made sense for anyone but Taiga to end up with Ryuuji.
To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly.
Nov 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Mar 2020
I liked Minori's character a lot, but she wasn't a good fit with Ryuuji at all in my opinion. When I was watching the show I actually thought Ami was the best fit for him, they would have made a great couple, but he never even thought of her that way. There's a very interesting video by Hiding in Public on YouTube that talks about the Minorin-Ryuuji and Taiga-Kitamura relationships, if I remember coorectly it's called "How Toradora shows emotional maturity" or something like that.
Nov 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Feb 2016
Minori is a japanese trope of Dumb "cute" girl which I find very annoying and irritating, I actually don't know how people is able to like that kinda character, but to each their own I guess. I don't like Tsundere's either, so you know where this is going.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 13, 2020 7:00 AM

Mar 2019
AdolZeppeli said:
Minori is a japanese trope of Dumb "cute" girl which I find very annoying and irritating, I actually don't know how people is able to like that kinda character, but to each their own I guess. I don't like Tsundere's either, so you know where this is going.

Isn't Dumb "cute" girl actually taiga? I actually don't like taiga precisely because of that
If you watch to near the end, that side of minori is actually a fake persona
Nov 13, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Nov 13, 2020 8:48 AM

Feb 2016
ShinAn said:
AdolZeppeli said:

Isn't Dumb "cute" girl actually taiga? I actually don't like taiga precisely because of that
If you watch to near the end, that side of minori is actually a fake persona

Taiga isn't dumb cute by any means, unless you consider tsunderes to be "dumb cute".

The fake persona of Minori actually makes her worse for me, since she's that kind of Childhood friend trope I hate
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 20, 2020 11:43 PM

May 2018
I personally thought he should have ended up with Ami. She needs someone who sees through her and he needs someone who sees through him to achieve the best growth. She needs to learn how to stop pretending and he needs to learn how to stop taking care of his women, he doesn't have to be "needed" all the time and nothing achieves that better than a self-made woman.

Taiga is more or less able to take care of herself now and doesn't need an enabler who will have her regress, and Minori already has a valid goal and doesn't need a distraction, plus if you imagine their future he'd be the kind of person who ignores his needs to support her goals.
amusedmonkeyNov 21, 2020 12:05 AM
Nov 24, 2020 9:55 AM

May 2020
BadJoash said:

Yep I feel the same way
Nov 27, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2018
No, I ship Taiga x Ryuji. I like Minori but not quite as much as I like Taiga.

Nov 27, 2020 11:46 AM

Jul 2020
They kinda ruined Minori and the blue hair girl tbh. Felt like they were left hanging at the end.
Nov 28, 2020 6:32 AM

Aug 2020
I don't have a problem with Taiga x Ryuuji but Minorin is my favorite. She and Ami deserved better though.
May 24, 2021 10:04 PM

May 2021
Well not in my case because the whole theme of the show is Taiga and Ryuuji learning what love is.
Sosbrigade_123May 25, 2021 8:57 PM
Jan 8, 2023 12:36 PM
Jan 2023

Fun fact.
-Minori is actually the worst of the 3 girls as she never actually took into consideration ryuuji s feeling.
No matter how self sacrificing it looks, she never confirmed what ryuuji wanted and just decided by herself the best course of action.
-Ami is honestly pretty compatible with him but she never stepped into the ring. She keeps judging everyone else and despite being something like the "voice of the spectators" she really doesn t follow her own advice at all. I ll still admit she s a good character and she actually tried hard to help the guy she liked with his problems.
-Taiga is really the one that changed ryuuji s life the most, she knows basically everything about him and despite her wild behaviour she s always there when he needs her.
At the end of the day we need to consider ryuuji s character, and among the 3 noone is better for him than taiga. In my opinion she s alsothe only onehereally loved, he just admired minori and mistook that for love.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.