Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode.

What's going to happen next might be the most interesting part of this anime, looking forward to watch it =)
Sep 6, 2014 5:09 PM

Jan 2014
Look at that the hime got resurrected. What a surprise right

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Sep 6, 2014 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
Coldbid said:
Seiryuu2 said:

It's a split cour, the another one will start airing on winter 2015.

holy fuk, i gatta wait another year!?
if by another year you mean 3 months then yeah, split cour just means its skipping a season, it airs in january

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 6, 2014 5:16 PM
Nov 2013
I knew the princess wouldn't die (yet). Really glad though, now I officially ship Asseylem x Inaho.
Sep 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
dont really care about shipping and stuff
but this episode is bullshit
i want more gundam and "villain of the week"
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 6, 2014 5:20 PM
Feb 2013
deadoptimist said:
^ That's disgusting. D:

Tell that to people saved by CPR. :P
Sep 6, 2014 5:26 PM
Jul 2014
Chunmeista said:
deadoptimist said:
^ That's disgusting. D:

I don't understand what is the problem with CPR? Maybe is so convenient "fanservice", but it was okey, I say because once I saw this kind of procediment.
Sep 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
Bluebirds22 said:
Chunmeista said:

I don't understand what is the problem with CPR? Maybe is so convenient "fanservice", but it was okey, I say because once I saw this kind of procediment.

My problem is with the kind of face that the princess did afterwards (though I am not surprised by it after ep.8) and with the fact that the scene was introduced to balance Slaine's CPR. It looks as if they have something like a contest of who CPRs Asseylum more times. ><

Also at first I was surprised that Inaho was helping her it instead of Darzana, who should be much more experienced and is more suited for the role, since she is female. Then someone pointed out that she, most likely, left Inaho to help the princess, why she was calling the bridge. The time doesn't really add up and it wasn't shown, but ok, I am ready to consider it valid. Still I wonder why Eddelrittuo didn't protest or why she didn't do it herself - you'd expect a personal maid of a heir to be able to do first aid.
Sep 6, 2014 5:41 PM
Jul 2014
deadoptimist said:
Bluebirds22 said:

My problem is with the kind of face that the princess did afterwards (though I am not surprised by it after ep.8) and with the fact that the scene was introduced to balance Slaine's CPR. It looks as if they have something like a contest of who CPRs Asseylum more times. ><

Also at first I was surprised that Inaho was helping her it instead of Darzana, who should be much more experienced and is more suited for the role, since she is female. Then someone pointed out that she, most likely, left Inaho to help the princess, why she was calling the bridge. The time doesn't really add up and it wasn't shown, but ok, I am ready to consider it valid. Still I wonder why Eddelrittuo didn't protest or why she didn't do it herself - you'd expect a personal maid of a heir to be able to do first aid.

Oka :)
Sep 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2007
This seems to have gone off the rails, but...

1. Yes, you can revive someone with just CPR. Defibrillation is only useful if the patient has disorganized electrical activity in the heart (i.e. they are not in asystole or PEA). In the ED, I see far more cardiac arrests resolved using CPR and meds than with defibrillation, as it is more common for someone to arrest as a result of prolonged respiratory arrest (respiratory failure secondary to disease processes such as asthma or resulting from drug overdose, or following severe head trauma or intercranial bleeds, or in this case due to asphyxiation) than due to a lethal arrhythmia, especially in younger patients such as Asseylum.

2. The most unrealistic part of the CPR scene was the same part that is unrealistic in 99% of all CPR scenes in television and movies: the victim regaining consciousness immediately after they regain a pulse. This is NOT common, and generally the only times I have encountered it are when a patient with underlying heart disease goes into a fatal arrhythmia such as pulseless ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation, and is shocked out of that arrhythmia with a defibrillator in a timely fashion.
Sep 6, 2014 5:48 PM
Feb 2013
BenMS said:
skudoops said:
So how did Marito and the Deucalion (mech) survive that blast on the island?

Good question. I hope the writers didn't place themselves in an impossible twist here...

if Marito survived that blast outside of a tank... would Orlane not have survived that inside a kataphrakt?
Sep 6, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Bluebirds22 said:

Edelrituo was too much of a lightweight to do the CPR right. Inaho said as much
Sep 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2007
Cardiac compressions are fairly tiring. To be effective, the chest must be compressed at least 2" and at a rate of at least 100 times per minute. At her size she would likely become exhausted and unable to perform the procedure properly after one or two cycles.
Sep 6, 2014 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
Why did the doctor ask the princess to stay in bed longer before activating the Aldnoah drive? It doesn't look like it's taxing, the only problem might have been standing up and walking. And she doesn't have to stay up for it to stay on, or even awake. She could have gone straight to bed again.

Besides that, Saazbaum and his comrades are getting more interesting now. While it's still petty revenge, it's better than "humans are scum" etc.

I don't understand why he goes for the princess, instead of simply killing the emperor. When Slaine spoke to him, that was more something like hologram technology instead of direct contact - unless they have invented teleport etc., too, but that still means what we saw was exactly what the emperors chambers looked like. Given that Slaine had to run there, he could have met guards if there had been any. So unless it's difficult to go there *in person*, i don't see why doesn't kill the emperor.

As he is shown as a calm, calculating person, the way he executes his revenge is weird. He involved the majority of the orbital knights, some of whom (like Cruhteo) aren't "in" on his plan, aswell as the whole of Earth. Shouldn't he consider that a lot of people, especially the other Orbital Knights and anyone back on Mars who is loyal to the royal family may want revenge on him and his comrades? Heck, even the people on his landing castle might not all know whats up. Guess their family and friends get to plot revenge if one of them dies in his all-out assault on the UE HQ?

That way, it would never end. Also, neither Earth nor Mars are outright to be blamed for his loss, as it happend in a battle - unless they show us that someone destroyed it on purpose and fully knowing the consequences. And even then, they were soldiers. First they complain it's too easy and a waste of time, and when someone unexpected comes up he plots revenge.

Sure weird.
Sep 6, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Not sure which is the more disappointing series out of this one and Terror in Resonance. I had high hopes for Aldnoah.Zero after watching the first episode.
Sep 6, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
Hoppy said:
Can this anime even be concluded in 1 cour, this just screams split cour, I'm expecting a split cour format for this after the 12th episode.

It's a split cour, the another one will start airing on winter 2015.

Great

Damn it, she is alife. I knew she was going to survive, because of the opening, but I was eager for an even more unspect move.
Sep 6, 2014 6:08 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:

I dunno, in her line of work she should've been taught how to do it with what strength she has. But she seems to be a pretty ineffective (and poorly behaved) aide.

In any case giving CPR scenes to both of the competing potential boyfriends lacked elegance.
Sep 6, 2014 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

I dunno, in her line of work she should've been taught how to do it with what strength she has. But she seems to be a pretty ineffective (and poorly behaved) aide.

In any case giving CPR scenes to both of the competing potential boyfriends lacked elegance.

There is a difference between the two though. In one the princess is the one doing the *sorta* CPR since all she did was somehow suck up the water out of Slaine. There was no pressing done that we saw since he was hanging from his missile pod. On the other we have Inaho who gave her the textbook CPR.
Sep 6, 2014 6:19 PM

Sep 2010
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

I don't see any issue with the CPR. It was the opposite of romantic and erotic unlike the scene with Slaine as a kid in how it was done.

The reaction of the Japanese fanbase was mostly "indirect kiss between Slaine and Inaho" and remarks about how it lacked the romantic vibe from the other scene. That's about it.
Sep 6, 2014 6:21 PM

Apr 2008
Thess said:
deadoptimist said:

I don't see any issue with the CPR. It was the opposite of romantic and erotic unlike the scene with Slaine as a kid in how it was done.

The reaction of the Japanese fanbase was mostly "indirect kiss between Slaine and Inaho" and remarks about how it lacked the romantic vibe from the other scene. That's about it.

In other words a normal reaction. I didn't see anything romantic in either instance either. If anything the first instance made the least sense since like I mentioned she somehow literally sucked the water out of his lungs without pressing it out. Even more so given how young she was at the time.
Sep 6, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2014

I think I should post this here too.

She is just too cute. Best female char design so far. :x
Sep 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:

She does look disturbingly similar to Inaho....
Sep 6, 2014 6:32 PM

Sep 2010
Darklight0303 said:
In other words a normal reaction. I didn't see anything romantic in either instance either. If anything the first instance made the least sense since like I mentioned she somehow literally sucked the water out of his lungs without pressing it out. Even more so given how young she was at the time.

In case of Slaine's and Asseylum's scene, they had them in a private location modeled after a romantic spot (Istanbul cistern, iirc), angle focus on the vicious "kissing", romantic like ost and lightening, eyes meeting as it happened. It was pretty angled as meeting of fate.

In case of Inaho's, they had all the tools to make it more erotic and sexual, but instead they stripped it out of it for some reason. The chatter totally ruined the mood among other things. Not that I complain.

I'm also amused at the speculation Slaine's going to fall for another girl that's why the Asseylum's seiyuu is a bit miffed in this month Newtype while Slaine's seiyuu's not at all. Because she also said she loved Slaine the most of the boys in a post-recording interview. I doubt this will happen, but he'll probably negotiate with Saazbaum somehow to spare Asseylum and join him. Maybe if he discovers he has Aldnoah access... I don't know. Sounds contrived but the show likes to be contrived.
Sep 6, 2014 6:34 PM
Dec 2010
after watching 10 episode of adnoah this is only what i can say,

we have 2 opposite character in real world we called them like this

Inaho = hero/ winner / alpha male

slaine= loser/ beta male
Sep 6, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
What a load of BS =,= the princess somehow lives and Rayet throws a cliche lecture and the princess answers in an even more cliche way... God I was so hoping Rayet would just shoot her and go down like a boss who killed the idiot princess Such a wasted opportunity for Slaine and Inaho development.... maybe Inaho would actually evem show an emotion for once. God the princess was so stupid during the confrontation... seriously? Walking up to Rayet while she wants to kill her thats ultimate naivety... Rayet even more stupid for not shooting her. Oh my god the emotional scene between them was such a load of bullshit it literally felt like my IQ was going down. Rayet couldn't even f***ing shoot herself(which was another good opportunity for character development and plot progression) but she couldn't shoot herself because Inaho has a speed hack and jumps a 2 meter distance and disables her instantly. Damn I hate Inaho so much, what a bland character which they made OP in a lame attempt to make him likeable, God even Kirito is more likeable. Inaho was also spewing bullshit to Rayet in a cliche attempt to make friendship that scene would be a lot better if Inaho showed a f***ing emotion, but no he just stared at her blankly. Why the hell did he give her the gun back? is he f***ing stupid? Of course she won't use it again, because Rayet is also stupid if this was the real world Rayet would use that chance to negotiate her way out of this(by pointing the damn gun at the faggot who tried being cliche) Ahh at least it gave me relief when the captain got her into custody, because I was totally expecting them all to go full retard and let her be free in friendship and live happily ever after. Rayet x Hime is a real thing... that kind of stuff. Damn Since the damn princess lives she should finally realise that she is just a retarded pawn used by basically everyone and nobody likes used things esspecially if its a woman. She should realise that the damn terrans on that damn ship are only concerned about her because she keeps the damn ship online and she is the only hope for Earth to not be obliterated by superior Martian tech because she can be a great political prisoner to negotiate a truce with. Her capture is very much detrimental to the war effort of the united Earth military. They need to deliever her and then they can negotiate a truce from a high ground negotatively speaking. Princess should've just kept hidden and safe instead, then the Orbital knights would conquer the damn planet and idiots like Inaho and the other bunch whose name I dont care to remember would not exist. She should show some regard for her fellow countrymen of Vers not the Terrans - there is already 7 billion of them, they dont need more, and less would help. God the princess somehow thinks that Inaho is 'kind' HOW IS HE KIND? Is she blind or something? He saved her because it was best for the ship and the human race, if he didnt, they'd be freaking stranded in siberia waiting to starve/freeze or get nuked from orbit by aliens. Inaho isn't kind, he in fact isn't anything.

The DAMN PRINCESS WANTS TO BE FRIENDS with INAHO, OMG thats so f***ing stupid she is meant to be a PRINCESS, she should behave like a princess and ignore plebs like Inaho. And who the hell would want to be friends with such a mannequin? He isn't even human. I could program a more human AI than he is. The loli servant should have more panty-shots, The loli servant should protect the damn princess in the first place instead of just leaving her alone many times, like seriously? They are on board a hostile ship filled with people who'd love to kill the princess (or r**e dat royal a**, I myself am the latter) It aint a big surprise when somebody attempts to actually kill her, IMO that somebody fails miserably because the author gave the princess bigger plot armour than the plot in Rail Wars. I wonder how many times will the princess be 'nearly' killed before the end of this damn series?

Ahh the princess speaking before empty chairs, so epic. She almost sounds like a princess except the fact she never behaves like one!!!

United Earth HQ shouldn't let her speak in the first place, it is stupid, what if the princess was actually intelligent? It could f up the entire princess hostage strategic advantage they had.

Her calling for an immediate cessation of hostilities is basically the same as if Hitler suddenly called for CEASEFIRE when the Red Army encircles Berlin. Like seriously
they basically won the war so why should they randomly stop and have peace? They should finish the job and get an unconditional surrender. (or just obliterate the terran race from orbit like real aliens should) Who cares that the princess is alive? And she aint safe nor well, she was nearly killed..... and is a prisoner, the United Earth HQ will just kill her when it becomes more of an advantage of her being dead. For now she might be technically safe because the United Earth HQ thinks she is of value, but that can change. She really thinks too highly of herself, the Vers royal family seems to be pretty large so it lowers her value. And she thinks the war is all about her? Hah funny, She was just a casus belli, the war already began, No reason to stop it when you have an overwhelmingg strategic and tactical advantage, punish the ones who tried assassinating the princess but don't stop the invasion. Do not broadcast the princess message to anybody aside from the emperor, (that'd ruin the cause for war) let the Vers general public believe she is dead. That would result in Vers taking Earth and having the moral high ground (at least in the eyes of the public, they run EMW jamming so the UEHQ would not have a way to show it to the Vers public. "I beg you put a stop to this tragedy." Seriously, this aint a tragedy, but an hour of glory for the Vers Empire, she should be rejocing that she was sacrificed in a way that brang honour and glory to the empire.

Damn the UEHQ is so stupid for sending the signal directly to the martians, it was so easily trackable, and WHY the HELL record the damn thing inside the HQ ie the only place of hope and the place where the whole Earth Military chain of command relies on - the supreme headquarters. They should at the very least make the signal jump around the various Army Group/Army HQs which some of should possess the equipment to make the signal jump more using land based communication lines. After all that the signal could be sent to the Moon, it would still be trackable, but it would take them too long, and if they sent it not from the UEHQ then all would be safe anyway. But now they essentially gave the enemy an EVEN GREATER strategic advantage since the enemy possesses space battleships which can launch attacks all over the earth they can basically instantly strike at the HQ and destroy the top of the chain of command of the earth military in one battle. Once the top of the chain of command dies, the rest will just be an unorganised rubble. (not that they need to utilise tricks like this, they have enough of an advantage already) Only one landing castle seems a bit too small to assault the HQ which has an aldnoah battleship and a Kat.... Get other Orbital Knights on board, Saubazoum is stupid just like his name, Its all gonna fail because the emperor was uninformed of the plan and the rest of the orbital knights are probobaly idiots who have more honour than brains.

Oh and I love the Hammer and Sickle on the crate in the United Earth HQ. and the red
Star Only positive thing I can say about this episode. But damn it makes it proves
the stereotype that communism leads to low quality work like this anime.

PS I was a bit drunk while writing this and watching the episode. I think I should never drink & anime ever again.
AppoXSep 6, 2014 6:39 PM
I am a human.

Jan 2014
Thess said:

I'm also amused at the speculation Slaine's going to fall for another girl that's why the Asseylum's seiyuu is a bit miffed in this month Newtype while Slaine's seiyuu's not at all.

Could it be Rayet?...

I will cheer with you if that happens.

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
There is a difference between the two though. In one the princess is the one doing the *sorta* CPR since all she did was somehow suck up the water out of Slaine. There was no pressing done that we saw since he was hanging from his missile pod. On the other we have Inaho who gave her the textbook CPR.

Well, technically it was not CPR, so I agree, that my usage of the abbreviation was wrong. Nonetheless both cases are similar - in both situations one person gives first aid to another, who has recently lost consciousness due to asphyxiation. From another point of view that is effectively a very particualar type of kiss. And I argue that this point of view, this side of the show, can be discussed independently from the plot and plot justifications, because Aldnoah obviously tries to work with shipper fans. It is the same way as with Slaine being beaten in episode 8 - they capitalize on a rare type of fetish. And I hate how forceful they have become with such things. I don't mind "tasty" scenes, but they should be introduced in a more covert and elegant way, in my opinion.
deadoptimistSep 6, 2014 6:41 PM
Sep 6, 2014 6:36 PM

Apr 2008
Thess said:
Darklight0303 said:

In case of Slaine's and Asseylum's scene, they had them in a private location modeled after a romantic spot (Istanbul cistern, iirc), angle focus on the vicious "kissing", romantic like ost and lightening, eyes meeting as it happened. It was pretty angled as meeting of fate.

In case of Inaho's, they had all the tools to make it more erotic and sexual, but instead they stripped it out of it for some reason. The chatter totally ruined the mood among other things. Not that I complain.

I'm also amused at the speculation Slaine's going to fall for another girl that's why the Asseylum's seiyuu is a bit miffed in this month Newtype while Slaine's seiyuu's not at all. Because she also said she loved Slaine the most of the boys in a post-recording interview. I doubt this will happen, but he'll probably negotiate with Saazbaum somehow to spare Asseylum and join him. Maybe if he discovers he has Aldnoah access... I don't know. Sounds contrived but the show likes to be contrived.

Honestly I pegged that flashback as being viewed through rose tinted glasses by a delirious Slaine given his near death situation.

Oh her seiyuu seems to be the source of quite a bit of juicy inside news I see XD
Darklight0303Sep 6, 2014 6:42 PM
Sep 6, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Erm, have you seen the princess's face, when she said "Inaho-san?". That was pretty much an after sex face, as someone has pointed out.
Hmm. Maybe I would've liked the scene more if it was fully romantic or fully non-romantic. As it is, it was a strange mixture of half-naked girls, strange Asseylum's expressions, serious first-aid efforts and dead-pan Inaho.
Sep 6, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

Erm, have you seen the princess's face, when she said "Inaho-san?". That was pretty much an after sex face, as someone has pointed out.
Hmm. Maybe I would've liked the scene more if it was fully romantic or fully non-romantic. As it is, it was a strange mixture of half-naked girls, strange Asseylum's expressions, serious first-aid efforts and dead-pan Inaho.

Do you know this script writer is famous with a hentai anime? @@

He likes to include those elements. You can see that throughout the show.
Sep 6, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Do you know this script writer is famous with a hentai anime? @@

I've heard something about that. :) But... Even to the degree of being "famous"?

Edit:
chickenonthepan said:
He likes to include those elements. You can see that throughout the show.

I think I read a few amazing mangas by mangakas, who had previously worked mostly on hentai. I think that a good writer can divide his two lines of work.
Maybe that's a matter of taste, but I don't like how it's done in Aldnoah. I go O_o too often
deadoptimistSep 6, 2014 7:03 PM
Sep 6, 2014 6:46 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Could it be Rayet?...

I will cheer with you if that happens.

Me too, but I really doubt it'll be about that.

Darklight0303 said:
Honestly I pegged that flashback as being viewed through rose tinted glasses by a delirious Slaine given his near death situation.

We see the flashback from Slaine's POV in episode 8 (he blanks out most of it and only awakes at the end and has a different camera angle). In episode 5, the scene isn't a character's flashback, but a shot of the past. Also Takako Shimura sketched it (and she made the characters, not just their designs, and apparently decided what direction will take). Gen Urobuchi keeps getting credit when isn't due.
ThessSep 6, 2014 6:49 PM
Sep 6, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2014
Fuck.

Predictable Aldnoah as always playing it safe and staying mediocre, resorts to using cheap cliffhangers, fan-service and character shipping.

Two more episodes of this shit to bear through. Stay strong me, stay strong.
Sep 6, 2014 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
I hope Princess doesn't turn out to be like that " Inaho-san you are my hero, you saved me many times but i love Slaine and i dont know why"
and Inaho-san get NTRed.
Sep 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
Fox814 said:
Fuck.

Predictable Aldnoah as always playing it safe and staying mediocre, resorts to using cheap cliffhangers, fan-service and character shipping.

Two more episodes of this shit to bear through. Stay strong me, stay strong.

Why are we fussing over this? That is how CPR is performed. Inaho-san did it right. It was the princess who didn't know how to give CPR and just gave her a kiss. That was bullshit. But you are right that face was epic when princess said Inaho-san.
Sep 6, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
inaho is such a badass
Sep 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Everyoneone missed the similarity between Inaho and Saazbaum's actions: You are free to do what you want, we are friends or enemies, it's your choice.

Inaho and Saazbaum may regret their action later. We will see about that.

They motto seem so alike for me.

Is it because Inaho and Saazabaum related ? Orlene is pretty much like Inaho and Yuki-nee O.O I am wondering how Saazabaum survives that bombardment, He said Dr.Troyard saved him, correct ? There must be a high possibility Orlene is alive right now, idk xD
Lt. Marito even still alive after those bombardment lol.

Sep 6, 2014 7:07 PM

Jul 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
Is it because Inaho and Saazabaum related ? Orlene is pretty much like Inaho and Yuki-nee O.O I am wondering how Saazabaum survives that bombardment, He said Dr.Troyard saved him, correct ? There must be a high possibility Orlene is alive right now, idk xD

Man, glad you and chickenonthepan have found each other. ><
Sep 6, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2014
Seiryuu2 said:

I think that Saazbaum's words have some holes that he don't want Slaine to know. We don't have a chance to see Dr. Troyard yet, btw.

Don't know about Orlane's fate after that bombardment though. But 1 thing is still bugging me is that how can they integrate Aldnoah drive into that ship when they have no understanding of it? And they know exactly the power of that drive: gravity control. They build a flying ship based on that ability.

I have a feeling that Orlane was still alive after that bombardment. She co-operated to build that ship. But after she died for whatever reason, the ship was abandoned because the activating factor was gone.

Just a feeling though, but that explains a lot.
Sep 6, 2014 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
But 1 thing is still bugging me is that how can they integrate Aldnoah drive into that ship when they have no understanding of it? And they know exactly the power of that drive: gravity control. They build a flying ship based on that ability.

Yep, That has been bugging me too, but I won't be surprised if they don't explain it or if they say that dr. Troyard discovered how to do it by himself.

For now your theory, that Orlaine managed to survive, worked with dr. Troyard and even manged to give birth to Inaho is mostly still possible, even though it contradicts Inaho's profile. The problem is that Saazbaum was also recovered by dr. Troyard, so he would've known, if Orlaine had been saved.
Sep 6, 2014 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
Seiryuu2 said:

I think that Saazbaum's words have some holes that he don't want Slaine to know. We don't have a chance to see Dr. Troyard yet, btw.

Don't know about Orlane's fate after that bombardment though. But 1 thing is still bugging me is that how can they integrate Aldnoah drive into that ship when they have no understanding of it? And they know exactly the power of that drive: gravity control. They build a flying ship based on that ability.

I have a feeling that Orlane was still alive after that bombardment. She co-operated to build that ship. But after she died for whatever reason, the ship was abandoned because the activating factor was gone.

That actually sounds VERY plausible
Sep 6, 2014 7:25 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

For now your theory, that Orlaine managed to survive, worked with dr. Troyard and even manged to give birth to Inaho is mostly still possible, even though it contradicts Inaho's profile. The problem is that Saazbaum was also recovered by dr. Troyard, so he would've known, if Orlaine had been saved.

Inaho's profile is full of holes. They can turn the table anytime if they want to. XD

But still, if Saazbaum is saved by Dr. Troyard, he should know that Dr also recovered Deucalion. If I go all for my theory, I would say that Saazbaum is hiding something here.

I don't know, but Deucalion battle ship is not necessary built by Dr. Troyard though. We have no info regarding that.
Sep 6, 2014 7:25 PM
Sep 2013
Now Slaine and Inaho are even. Didn't I tell you that something was gonna develop from this triangle, it was highly likely from the very beginning. Given conventional developments, Inaho is usually the role that wins but Slaine's devotion won him a lot of fans so he definitely still has a damn good chance.

I was disappointed with the bitch's motives. Even if she stupidly put all the blame of her father's death on the princess (which is really selfish and stupid, as it was her father who tried to kill the princess), what purpose is there in killing the princess? Its not like the princess had any ill intent so it doesn't even serve as a good reason for revenge. I can accept character flaws and humanistic irrational actions but to commit murder with such petty motives is kinda hard to take in.They also let her off way too easily. The princess coming up to her while she had a gun was pretty stupid too but we all already know the princess is a freaking saint, take it as you will.

I'm also disappointed that the Cruhteo is dead. Was there even a point to abducting Slaine if Saazbaum was just gonna let Slaine go? Maybe he just wanted to get rid of Cruhteo because Cruhteo is a threat to his plans. I can see that.

Lastly, the Saazbaum's "dead" fiance is almost certainly Inaho's sister, their voice and appearance are exactly the same. Don't think the staff is even trying to hide it. I've always had a hunch that Inoho might be related the Tanegashima incident and that he just might be Martian.
Sep 6, 2014 7:27 PM
Sep 2013
deadoptimist said:
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it, is beyond me (and she just sits nearby). Nah, I understand why (fanservice), but it's just so out of place.
Inaho being suddenly nervous and flustered doesn't help to take it seriously too.

I need some time to recover after this scene to continue watching... But I feel that I'm losing my interest in the series and may be not interested in the second cour. :/

And that "Inaho-san". Damn.
Sorry for venting and sorry to Inaho x Asseylum shippers, but for me the scene was gut-wrenching. In my opinion, their chemistry seems bad.

Why would the Captain NOT let the teenage boy do it if he knows what he's doing. He was there FIRST and was already tending to her, no point forcing him to step aside when he's doing a damn fine job. I know you prefer Slaine x Asseylum but its pathetic to let your personal bias make you say such shit. Of course him giving her CPR was to tease the shipping but the act itself makes perfect sense within the context of the situation.

And Inaho and Asseylum have bad chemistry? As oppose to Slaine you mean? Even though Slaine and Asseylum only have TWO freaking scenes that the viewers are shown? Slaine's advantages are his undeniably greater devotion and his long history with her, which is certainly a lot, but if there is gonna be a 2nd season, there's plenty of time for Inaho to catch up.
Sep 6, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2010
The first 10 minutes of this episode, might be my favorite in the entire series so far. Lots of development, and discussion of ideals and values, and what to live for. I eat that stuff up!

Too bad Slaine hasn't gotten to do much yet, here's hoping he ends up doing something awesome by the end of the series!

Plus we got some backstory on the war between Earth and Mars, and Saazbaum's motivation. Even if it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
Sep 6, 2014 7:29 PM

Sep 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Oh her seiyuu seems to be the source of quite a bit of juicy inside news I see XD

Also:

「現場のスレイン支持が凄い」

Inaho's seiyuu's admission.
Sep 6, 2014 7:31 PM

Apr 2008
Thess said:
Darklight0303 said:

Also:

「現場のスレイン支持が凄い」

Inaho's seiyuu's admission.

Would anyone be kind enough to translate?
Sep 6, 2014 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Inaho's profile is full of holes. They can turn the table anytime if they want to. XD

I don't know, but Deucalion battle ship is not necessary built by Dr. Troyard though. We have no info regarding that.

Yep, I agree with both points.

I would like to see that Saazbaum's agenda is more complicated than simple revenge or even quest for power, but I don't have much hope after the last two episodes.
Sep 6, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Correct, I have been feeling that Saazbaum's words are full of holes. We could safely say that he must be hiding something.
Another thing that bugging me is how can Russian built that large landing ship, It's understandable if there's a such shelter in the world but building a landing ship which mysteriously fit the Deucalion seems a bit too much. If Orlene saved by dr.Troyad, wouldn't Saazbaum knows about her being alive ? after all, Saazbaum said dr.Troyad saved his life .

I am really looking forward on what will happen in the next 2 episodes, we dont have enough information regarding Aldnoah thingy and the full pictures of Heavens Falls tragedy.

Sep 6, 2014 7:34 PM

Oct 2007
chickenonthepan said:

Its the hime cut. Always is. The whole standard low detail A-1 face kind of fucks up the image though. A-1 character face art just doesn't look like it belongs with that hairstyle.
PeacingOutSep 6, 2014 7:38 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.