Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 1, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
The new ED was pretty cool. Somehow, Mary look more important than I thought.

Now, we know why the three first members were calling Ayano ''nee-chan''. They were adopted by her family.

I really thought that Ayano mom was the ''monster'' from the tale, but I'm not sure anymore. The fact that the family agreed to go live in the ''eternal void'' contradict the fact that the father live in the real world and that Ayano suicided herself.

The thing I don't really understand is about Hiyori. From what Hibiya said, Hiyori is ''trapped in that horrible place'' or something like this. Is he talking about that void? Could maybe Ayano be there too since we often see her talking with Shitaro?

Anyway, some answers, but still a lot of questions.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 1, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
So....this episode kind of explains how people get there eye abilities.

Nothing much happened after that....except Hibiya "escaped" from the gang....with his newly adapted eye ability on the loose. No one knows what it does yet~! D:

Other than that....that's pretty much it that happened in this episode. I hope Ene is alright..... :P
Jun 1, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
E_1999 said:
Thats MAL for ya. "The pacing sucks, theres no plot, the animation is bad and I dont like any of the characters" = 9/10 will keep watching
You know what's even more like MAL? Leaving dumb agressive posts in the forums of a show you've already dropped.
Why are you still here? To tell us how we have zero standards and how enlightened you are? Indeed, until now I wasn't aware that a character's hair color has a deciding influence on whether they are bland or interesting. The more you know!

E_1999 said:
People who watch any crap just to add more entries on MAL are too funny.
Well, It's also quite amusing to hear this nonsense in from someone that has more entries in their list than the person they were talking to, despite being on the site for less long. I'm not even gonna question where you pulled that idea from.
Jun 1, 2014 1:11 PM

Feb 2014
Another touching episode. Ayano's next.
I really like whole OST.
My favourite color is blue.

Jun 1, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2014
Alright, I'm just going to ignore all of you who already read the manga and judge the anime not as a thing for itself, but as an adaptation. Seriously, stop. Go and try to get a date.

So, as someone who solely watches the show, this episode was a bit slow, but good. Meaning: I could actually understand what was happening, and get a hint of what happened and will happen. Liked the explanations given and the opening (which I missed on the previous episodes) and ending themes.

Thus, I consider this episode a win. Please stop complaining about it.
Jun 1, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2013
AnaCarolina said:
Alright, I'm just going to ignore all of you who already read the manga and judge the anime not as a thing for itself, but as an adaptation. Seriously, stop. Go and try to get a date.

So, as someone who solely watches the show, this episode was a bit slow, but good. Meaning: I could actually understand what was happening, and get a hint of what happened and will happen. Liked the explanations given and the opening (which I missed on the previous episodes) and ending themes.

Thus, I consider this episode a win. Please stop complaining about it.

Yes, everyone! You heard Princess AnaCarolina right here! We should all stop posting our opinions about the episode on a episode discussion thread.

Please, this show sucks whether you look at it as an adaptation or not. Anyway, it's not an adaptation, it's an extension of a multimedia project.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 1, 2014 3:18 PM

Dec 2013
Still glad that I don't know the source material because unlike other people I'm really enjoying the anime. Yes, the anime is confusing, but at the same time every new episodes reveals more background information. I like the mysterious atmosphere. So I will keep watching :)!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jun 1, 2014 3:24 PM
Jun 2014
It's pretty funny that people are -still- complaining that there's no plot or motivation when one of the characters outright stated what the group's objective is in this episode. Even when they're being spoonfed they somehow completely miss it. If you still think there's no plot to this show, you're clearly not paying attention, in which case, why are you even still watching and complaining about it?

If you're going to offer criticism of the show, at least keep it valid by making it apparent that you actually watched the show, and didn't just stare at the screen scratching your head for 24 minutes. There are plenty of anime-only viewers here who are capable of easily putting the pieces together, so it's obviously not a matter of being impossible to understand without knowing the source.
Jun 1, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2013
So......Anime wise, have the episodes improved? (I have no intentions of starting the manga)
Jun 1, 2014 3:50 PM

May 2013
Grouchio said:
So......Anime wise, have the episodes improved? (I have no intentions of starting the manga)

It couldn't get any worse after episode 7, so yes.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 1, 2014 4:23 PM
Jan 2014
Is there a song name for the song that starts around 17:12 in this episode?
Jun 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Dec 2010
This was more of an info dump episode, but I'm glad we got it! The show has been rather confusing, but it seems to be coming together bit by bit. I like how all the characters are so closely connected to each other, it creates a sense of community, but also mystery and intrigue.
Jun 1, 2014 6:15 PM
May 2009
Complifused said:
Is there a song name for the song that starts around 17:12 in this episode?

Time Lost Memory, usually if there's a song in the episode, it would be the name of the episode
Jun 1, 2014 8:59 PM

Nov 2013
i wonder what happened there at the end when shintaro saw ayano in the picture and the other girl in the room turned into a snake...?
Jun 1, 2014 9:12 PM

Apr 2012
Battlesheep said:
http://puu.sh/9atU3/1936822546.png
http://puu.sh/9atXN/16861d72d8.png
http://puu.sh/9aucE/81fe31c367.png

As an Anime-only viewer ...does this mean what I think it means?

well the first picture kinda makes sense to me......... Shintaro was shot by the terrorists (you see the bullet hole in the monitor; it wasn't there before Shintaro collapsed). He entered the daze or the void where his powers activated and saw Ayano because she is trapped in there?

That's my theory ~_~

Jun 1, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2013
Kido rocks :D

"You aren't changing clothes or anything right?" About time an anime character said that :P

Well now he knows...

Marry looks evil in the ED.
Jun 1, 2014 9:50 PM
Nov 2011
akihibara said:
I don't really understand the ending that they put the illustration of light novel, manga and the song MV scene. Can someone please explain to me. I get confused now. I really don't understand the ending. Seriously. just please help and explain to me. Although I have read manga and the novel also hear the song and the meaning many times.. I still don't get it.

So, it's pretty simple if you have read the mangas and novels and listened to the songs...

Most people didnt liked that because it looked lazy. But I have to say that I was ok with it, and screammed a little XD Of course, they could have at least animated those scenes(IT WOULD BE MAGIC!! *O*), but I kind understand why they did this...I honestly think it was more...direct...
And also people are saying that they changed the meaning of the music...I dont see how...The music name is Lost Time Memory, what they were doing the entire episode? Remenbering. And the end? Shintaro remenbered his Lost Time Memories from the other routes. And please dont forget. The anime is ANOTHER ROUTE THE HAPPENINGS ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS MEDIAS AND LOST TIME MEMORY WAS NOT EVEN COVERED IN THE NOVEL AND MANGA YET.

sorry for my bad english.
Jun 2, 2014 1:18 AM

Apr 2014
If Outer Science and Summertime Record become insert songs, it would be preferable if they were sung by women... ^^; (in my opinion women sing better in Japan).

I noticed that everyone has different hopes for who will sing Ayano's Theory of Happiness, but personally I want it to be Mai Nakahara, Ayano's VA, because she did a great job with singing Nagisa's theme song the Dango Daikazoku in Clannad. ^^

That would make the feels even stronger...!
Jun 2, 2014 6:33 AM

May 2014
Aggron said:

Marry looks evil in the ED.

... and hot with a short hair with yandere look
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Jun 2, 2014 7:13 AM

May 2014
Milenart said:
akihibara said:
I don't really understand the ending that they put the illustration of light novel, manga and the song MV scene. Can someone please explain to me. I get confused now. I really don't understand the ending. Seriously. just please help and explain to me. Although I have read manga and the novel also hear the song and the meaning many times.. I still don't get it.

So, it's pretty simple if you have read the mangas and novels and listened to the songs...

Most people didnt liked that because it looked lazy. But I have to say that I was ok with it, and screammed a little XD Of course, they could have at least animated those scenes(IT WOULD BE MAGIC!! *O*), but I kind understand why they did this...I honestly think it was more...direct...
And also people are saying that they changed the meaning of the music...I dont see how...The music name is Lost Time Memory, what they were doing the entire episode? Remenbering. And the end? Shintaro remenbered his Lost Time Memories from the other routes. And please dont forget. The anime is ANOTHER ROUTE THE HAPPENINGS ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS MEDIAS AND LOST TIME MEMORY WAS NOT EVEN COVERED IN THE NOVEL AND MANGA YET.

Thank you, that explaines alot! im curious how shintaro escaped from the heat haze after he got shot and gained the red eye..

.. and i guess, Shintaro's power gives him the ability to look into other timelines(like byakuran from reborn) correct me if i'm wrong
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Jun 2, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2012
Awesome episode and stupid ending. Why does SHAFT need to spoil the series in the ending...
Jun 2, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
Damn it, Lost Time Memory was one of my favorite songs but this wasn't what I was hoping for. It wasn't as bad as say, the Heat-Haze Daze episode, so there's that.

Ayano's Theory of Happiness should be better.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Jun 2, 2014 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Is there any chance we'll still get Imagination Forest or some Marry and/or Seto development?

I find the lack of these two characters disturbing. Plus, I love Imagination Forest.
Jun 2, 2014 3:59 PM
Mar 2009
Amarrez said:
Fuck you fuck you fuck you holy shit what the fuck was that

My thoughts exactly... and I was just starting to say "maybe this is starting to sense"....
Jun 2, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2011
Milenart said:
akihibara said:

I really agree with your post, specially the part about the title of the episode. They were remembering and that's all, the episode is "Lost Time Memory" and in the end, they at least have confirmed the power of Shintaro's eyes and what it does.
This episode was very ok in animation, but I liked. And I have to disagree with almost everyone in this thread, but the end was good too with all the other routes in it (but wtf Mary omg).
Jun 2, 2014 7:18 PM

Oct 2011
Did Ayano jump out the window???
Was Shintaro the cause of her death??
Why are there 2 Shintaro?? Another persona?
Is that woman in black the cause of this or was that Marry? What was up with Marry?
Konoha and Marry look alike???
At that point he manifested his powers already?
So next episode is from Ayano's point of view from Lost Time Memory and/or why she created the MekakushiDan then?
???

After I am done with this series I will watch the PV's. What order should I watch it. The same order as this series?
Jun 2, 2014 7:46 PM
Nov 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Did Ayano jump out the window???
Was Shintaro the cause of her death??
Why are there 2 Shintaro?? Another persona?
Is that woman in black the cause of this or was that Marry? What was up with Marry?
Konoha and Marry look alike???
At that point he manifested his powers already?
So next episode is from Ayano's point of view from Lost Time Memory and/or why she created the MekakushiDan then?
???

After I am done with this series I will watch the PV's. What order should I watch it. The same order as this series?

I recommend you watch it in the order of releases, you can find the order on kagepro wikia
Jun 2, 2014 11:22 PM

Dec 2008
I'm slightly torn over how they handled Lost Time Memory; while it was nice to see references to just how expansive the Kagerou Project is, I dislike how they did so at the expense of actually exploring into the backstory of Shintaro and, to an extent, Ayano, as well as how Shintaro gained his Eyes' ability. It was essentially a filler episode for the most part that basically established the premise of how each member basically obtained their abilities but other than that I personally felt like they wasted a whole episode.

Now they're moving on to arguably one of the most expansive back-story-related songs whilst potentially having to juggle explaining both Lost Time Memory and Ayano's Theory of Happiness.

...I don't know, while I'm sure Jin knows what he's doing, I feel like the entire adaptation is being slightly mis-handled in terms of timing management, it just feels like they're really moving unnecessarily slowly at this point, at least the Manga adaptation had a great flow to it whilst managing to provide a decent explanation towards everything that's been going on while it was occurring.

I don't know, I feel like SHAFT fucked this one up. I'm still looking forward to the next episode because it's my favorite song from the project but I have a feeling I'm going to totally hate on how they handle it.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 3, 2014 2:30 AM

Feb 2008
Having seen the MV's and some of the manga I thought it was interesting. There are different timelines in all of the different medias, and like some others have mentioned in this thread, the ED showed scenes from the manga/pv/LN which all have different timelines. This might be implying that Shintaro remembers the other timelines.

It's cool that people are stating their opinions but right now it looks like everyone is overreacting in the same way that say a sports team has some athletes performing badly and everyone is crying for them to be traded away. Let's see what comes after this before saying that they fucked it all up because you guys had your own notion on how the animation was to be made when in reality it's more like an extension of the other kagepro projects.
yahzeeJun 3, 2014 2:40 AM
Jun 3, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2013
Really liking the music and the feel. However, I'm still thoroughly confused.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 3, 2014 10:32 PM
Apr 2012
So what's up with this the book that Mary was holding while she was sleeping? I noticed that shit was all over the opening so I think its some how important to the story
Jun 4, 2014 2:09 AM

Apr 2014
Blackstarr1 said:
So what's up with this the book that Mary was holding while she was sleeping? I noticed that shit was all over the opening so I think its some how important to the story

Jun 4, 2014 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
Lost Time Memory is one of my favorite PVs of Kagerou Project. The episode brought more questions than answers. Especially the ending, it had some answers to my other theories. But what was Marry doing with Shintaro?

Jun 4, 2014 10:47 AM
Dec 2012
Idk if this has already been said or not. But it's kinda ironic, that series that basically stems from music on Nico Nico...has music that is worse than many utaites covering the songs. I mean come on... prof vs amateurs, you'd think they'd be better...(honestly was hoping an utaite would make a debut with Jin's songs, but I gues that's out of the question)

If you can't get the story right... at least perfect the music...

*aside from the ED.. cuz I <3 Lia
Jun 4, 2014 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
I am so confused. I had read the manga and listened to the songs. This anime has me so confused(btw, way too many head tilts/turns in the last episode). So is the anime just combined Route XX and Route 1, because there's elements of both at the moment. And are they going to get through the whole thing before it ends?
Jun 4, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
Marry sure did a good job of watching the kid.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 5, 2014 1:39 AM
Aug 2013
This episode man...
So the theory i hace is that Ayano maybe killed herself trying to get the eye power but she didnt knew that you need 2 people to get the power so she died for nothing.

But i can't explain how Shintaro got his maybe (and this is another theory) Ayano and Shintaro were close to dead at the same time and Ayano sacrificed herself so Shintaro escapes and he got the eye power like the others.

But Mary at the end OMG what is happening is she the monster that gives everyone the powers!?
Jun 5, 2014 2:21 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm, I dropped this anime at episode 2, but picked it back up today, because I have caught up with my main lineup of anime. I didn't drop it, because it was bad, but it seemed more confusing than need be and still does at this moment.

Don't get the wrong idea, its very interesting in a very unpleasant way. To be honest, its brilliant, but a pain in the ass.
Jun 5, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2010
ElectrickFun said:

But Mary at the end OMG what is happening is she the monster that gives everyone the powers!?

I doubt it. I think the teacher is performing some kind of human experiments on these kids. That is if I'm reading the hints that are given, correctly. Notice the teacher also has a read eye.

The teacher showed his eye to the kid who was in the hospital in episode 7. The teacher also seemed pretty close to the idol in episode 2. Also, in episode 6, in the game the teacher created, you can see ene, the character takane basically turned into.

The teacher seems to be the primary suspect at this moment.
monokuma-kJun 5, 2014 2:35 AM
Jun 5, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2011
the manga scanning part is quite lazy i think, the rest are fine

more info given to to us, wonder why Kano and Ene taken so long?
Jun 6, 2014 6:46 PM

Feb 2013
Nice!

I'm glad I'm "starting" to understand what is going on....because it's been a confusing ride.
Jun 6, 2014 10:01 PM
Jun 2014
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:

hmmm... could be
and just to know
did you read the manga/ln or is your idea?

Thing is, the whole fandom doesn't exactly know what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye powers exactly do from the definition we've been given in the LN, which is to see through the eyes of those with red eyes. But the theory of Shintaro's eyes allowing him to remember the past routes is up there before this description was brought in, and it didn't come from me. What this ED did was sort of hint that the theory of remembering might be true, since Shintaro just got a montage of him remembering Ayano along with the other routes (in the form of the LN and manga and Outer Science).

The manga and LN haven't even gone across LTM yet, so everyone is in the dark of Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power until possibly, this episode. But to make this theory of remembering the past routes consistent with the description we've been given about the Favoring Eyes, it has to be assumed that the eye power basically puts oneself in the shoes of another person with red eyes. How this changes the entire plot of the story, I can only speculate since we already know the endings (from the PVs), but don't even know how each one can be arrived (which is the job of the LN, manga, and anime).

Well, the only advice I can give to all of you is PLEASE read the novel! The manga hasn't been completed yet but in the book four of novel, they already explained everything.
Jun 6, 2014 10:18 PM
Jun 2014
monokuma-k said:
ElectrickFun said:

I doubt it. I think the teacher is performing some kind of human experiments on these kids. That is if I'm reading the hints that are given, correctly. Notice the teacher also has a read eye.

The teacher showed his eye to the kid who was in the hospital in episode 7. The teacher also seemed pretty close to the idol in episode 2. Also, in episode 6, in the game the teacher created, you can see ene, the character takane basically turned into.

I got all the following information from Jin's novel.

Yes, the teacher is a suspect. He is ayano's father and ene, haru and momo's teacher. Because of the dead of anyno's mother, he began getting touch with evil snack Hibi who is accidentally parasitic in Mary's grandmother. The only wish he has is to see his wife once more time but what he did is cruel. He began doing experiment on ene and haru and succeed. And he is still searching for more information.

But at the same time, Mary's grandmother gave the "snacks" and the original red eye to Mary. So the original snack Hibi parasitic in Mary right now. The snack Hibi do not have the ability to control Mary's mind. What the original snack Hibi can do is putting other different abilities snacks parasitic in these kids when they came out of the [daze] world. And the snacks give them special power and red eyes. And it is what happen in the song Outer Science.
Jun 7, 2014 12:23 AM

May 2013
sheepy0 said:
reversereality said:

Thing is, the whole fandom doesn't exactly know what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye powers exactly do from the definition we've been given in the LN, which is to see through the eyes of those with red eyes. But the theory of Shintaro's eyes allowing him to remember the past routes is up there before this description was brought in, and it didn't come from me. What this ED did was sort of hint that the theory of remembering might be true, since Shintaro just got a montage of him remembering Ayano along with the other routes (in the form of the LN and manga and Outer Science).

The manga and LN haven't even gone across LTM yet, so everyone is in the dark of Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power until possibly, this episode. But to make this theory of remembering the past routes consistent with the description we've been given about the Favoring Eyes, it has to be assumed that the eye power basically puts oneself in the shoes of another person with red eyes. How this changes the entire plot of the story, I can only speculate since we already know the endings (from the PVs), but don't even know how each one can be arrived (which is the job of the LN, manga, and anime).

Well, the only advice I can give to all of you is PLEASE read the novel! The manga hasn't been completed yet but in the book four of novel, they already explained everything.

Can't read Japanese buddy. But LN readers told me, the blue recipe book never mentioned the Favoring Eyes. And as far as I know, Grandma baked a very special snack out of love her family. And like all the other snacks that granny has made, this one has special properties. And the hero was the one that 'ate' it in order to get super powers. Thing is, I don't think that the LN has mentioned what the hero's powers does, so the wiki about the hero's eye powers is not confirmed.

But yeah... Vol. 5. Nuff said. ;_;
Jun 7, 2014 2:28 AM

Oct 2010
sheepy0 said:
monokuma-k said:

I got all the following information from Jin's novel.

Yes, the teacher is a suspect. He is ayano's father and ene, haru and momo's teacher. Because of the dead of anyno's mother, he began getting touch with evil snack Hibi who is accidentally parasitic in Mary's grandmother. The only wish he has is to see his wife once more time but what he did is cruel. He began doing experiment on ene and haru and succeed. And he is still searching for more information.

But at the same time, Mary's grandmother gave the "snacks" and the original red eye to Mary. So the original snack Hibi parasitic in Mary right now. The snack Hibi do not have the ability to control Mary's mind. What the original snack Hibi can do is putting other different abilities snacks parasitic in these kids when they came out of the [daze] world. And the snacks give them special power and red eyes. And it is what happen in the song Outer Science.

Hmm, I knew I was onto something, but after hearing what you said, this anime seems a bit odd. I hope this anime doesn't end up being total "mindfuck".
Jun 7, 2014 4:58 AM

Sep 2013
the song at the end. ayano </3
Jun 7, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
I'm going to be so mad if at the end we find out that they are all actually dead
[/quote]
Jun 7, 2014 6:05 PM

Feb 2013
Interesting as always. More information, and more questions. Top notch creative storytelling.
Jun 9, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2011
sheepy0 said:
reversereality said:

Well....Now I NEED to read the novel.
I really love Kagepro, but evrything is so confusing. But ok, thi i part of it charm xD
And I have to admit that I was kinda disappointed with that ending song. It looks sooo lazy!! But if it really has a meaning like that, it's something cool (but they failed at expressing it)
Now I'm going to prepare a lot of tissues to the next episode (IF they can mak me sad like the videos made. They ruined Kagerou Days so i can't expect a lot)
Jun 10, 2014 4:15 AM
Nov 2012
I love the ending
I dunno why it's getting so much hate
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.