Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 7, 2021 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
Confusing at first, but once I understood how the story works I like it so much! and the ending is so heartbreaking, I already became attached to the secretary girl :(
Jul 8, 2021 1:45 PM
May 2020
pizzaphantom said:
fujimino_tanvir said:
One of my favourite episodes in ALL of anime(..I know It's a donghua). I really hope they follow up with the killer storyline!!... That blondie took my Emma away!!!
Ps. Can anyone please tell me the name of the song at 19:09 of the episode.. PLEASE!!! That background music juxtaposed with emma's crying engender such poignant feelings from me

YES PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP FIND THIS SONG T-T
my shazam can't recognize it :(((

it's like literally half past midnight when I'm writing this and I'm trying not to wake up my family with playing this scene over and over AND DAMN SHAZAM CAN'T FIND IT IT SHOWS ME SOME TYPICAL CLUB BEATS INSTEAD I CAN'T

Dear Candy by Cheers Cheers... You're welcome
Jul 9, 2021 12:12 PM

Feb 2021
if black hair guy didn't mesage her parents since her life was shit and she said she wouldn't have been able to find another work in the same kind of thing so she might have drawned herself so bolnde guy might have killed her for that, white hair probalby saw that too so he checked to see if it changed and he might be unaware of blond hair guy
e5812Jul 9, 2021 12:23 PM
Jul 10, 2021 2:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they have to "fix" the past with possessing someone and controlling his body to solve all the previous mistakes from what I understand, I wonder why they have these powers though, it was really heartwarming for the whole parental situation but heartbreaking to see that the girl has been found dead the end, I didn't expect that, but for sure it's because of that blond guy hmmm.... Also the soundtracks are really great so far, I love them!
Jul 11, 2021 8:46 AM
Apr 2020
I know absolutely nothing about this show, except for the synopsis. I haven't even seen a trailer or promo or anything. Also, it's my first Chinese animation so the language takes a little getting used to. I did not expect to get emotional in the first episode of all things. It was the bed scene that got to me. The voice acting was outstanding, even if I don't understand Chinese, I felt what they were going for. And it made me cry actually. I wasn't expecting that. I loved the tragic ending for the secretary. It's definitely a very interesting show already and I'm very curious to see where it goes.
Jul 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Mar 2008
Ashhk said:
So they have to "fix" the past with possessing someone and controlling his body to solve all the previous mistakes from what I understand, I wonder why they have these powers though, it was really heartwarming for the whole parental situation but heartbreaking to see that the girl has been found dead the end, I didn't expect that, but for sure it's because of that blond guy hmmm.... Also the soundtracks are really great so far, I love them!

It's the contrary.
They try to NOT change anything. It's their only rule, in this case just relive the moment to get the information the client wants.
Even if they have to do something different because after all Xiaoshi is another person with different thoughts and personality, they still try to not change anything.
Jul 11, 2021 9:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
PaninaManina said:
Ashhk said:

It's the contrary.
They try to NOT change anything. It's their only rule, in this case just relive the moment to get the information the client wants.
Even if they have to do something different because after all Xiaoshi is another person with different thoughts and personality, they still try to not change anything.
Oh okay yeah I understand now, thanks
Jul 11, 2021 11:55 AM
Aug 2020
Everything from the characters, art, soundtrack, and story looks cool and interesting so far!!!
Jul 11, 2021 12:42 PM

Mar 2021
Well shit man, this hit harder than I expected. The Chinese dialect makes the family moments felt much closer and more relatable. The twist was nicely setup whether the blonde is the villain or there to fix his missteps is in question.
Jul 13, 2021 7:17 AM

Apr 2018
Goddamn, I watched the last episode first somehow instead of EP1 XDD (rip)
I get the whole story now after watching EP11 (mistake), everything is connected to each other.

Still going to watch every episode, cause goddamn.. the soundtrack is AMAZING. The english OP with the dance moves is fabulous, ED is even better imo.
Interesting episode, OST is very lively and funky, animation is good, bromance? yessir.
SideCharacterKalJul 13, 2021 7:44 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 9:14 PM
Dec 2020
An amazing first episode. Damn that just wowed me. I really like it. Going into the future and changing things then seeing the past I fuck with it heavy. But shit tho she died because black hair didn’t listen to white hair.😭😂🔥❤️👍🏻
Jul 15, 2021 11:17 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't except her to die after her emotional speech. It was a confusing start and more or less they need to explain the plot later but I don't find for being the first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 21, 2021 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
I just tried it out of curiosity. I was expecting something wholesome or maybe some fujo-baity stuff. But, this was awesome! The story is dark and dramatic.

An innocent and good action was punished unfairly. And, a queer coded relationship! (Since this is Chinese donghua, a queer-coded relationship is the best I can hope for, I guess.)

The twist at the end was so good. Everything looked like it had been fixed, and it turns out it hadn't.

I felt so bad for the girl this whole episode. I really wanted her to get that happiness at the end.
Jul 22, 2021 6:37 PM
Sep 2018
Ost name please played after 19:30 for episode 1?
Jul 23, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
_Eth3R_ said:

The Cheers Cheers (不如搬去船底星) 04 Dear Candy

Look this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1939942
Jul 23, 2021 12:41 PM
Sep 2018
PaninaManina said:
_Eth3R_ said:

The Cheers Cheers (不如搬去船底星) 04 Dear Candy

Look this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1939942

Yeah got it thanks mate!
Jul 28, 2021 11:07 AM
Oct 2015
The show literally threw a curveball at the ending. I was not expecting that.
Anyway, I'm hooked. The animation's gorgeous btw.
Jul 31, 2021 5:36 AM

Apr 2020
So I finally got to watch this. I feel like this is going to be one of my favorite. Got me emotional right by the first episode.

Let's see how they handle this time-travel theme.

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 12, 2021 4:58 PM

Feb 2021
This is pretty neat. It's kinda like a mixture of Ai:The Somnium Files and Tokyo Revengers. I was cautious about this show at first but I'm totally gonna keep watching!
cryptic
and
Squab
Aug 16, 2021 1:12 AM

Dec 2020
The intro is so cool! The artstyles is so unique and so pretty also the unexpected plot twist shocked me. Igot the detective and yaois vibeys from it yah hehe
I want to commit Ctrl+f4 nya~ o3o
Aug 20, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, that hit hard.

I have hopes for this one.
Aug 24, 2021 6:53 AM

Nov 2014
Oooh episodic or will the cases eventually tie into each other? I can't wait to find out.

Even though the outcome turned out positive, looks like our guys didn't hesitate to turn in the secret recipe to their client. Their powers and their business touches on moral dilemmas.
BurningSpiritAug 24, 2021 8:04 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 24, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2021
It's a little disorienting watching an animation in Chinese, but it was really good! The style was so much different than I'm used to but it was really pretty in my opinion. I also absolutely loved the ending ost.
"I wanted you to be Kira." - L Lawliet

Aug 25, 2021 4:27 AM
Jul 2019
two things i do want to know though,
It seems like the white hair dude can see if the photo contains the data they are looking for, how? and if it's because he can see the data then why even send the black hair dude in? can't he just get the data himself?
My second question is how do the clients know they have these abilities? and how is no one trying to capture them if they do know? i mean it's pretty scary for people to know that someone can time travel and get valuable data i would think people working for the government would intervene.
Aug 26, 2021 7:26 AM

Apr 2020
MannyManManson said:
It seems like the white hair dude can see if the photo contains the data they are looking for, how? and if it's because he can see the data then why even send the black hair dude in? can't he just get the data himself?
except he can't, i think you misunderstood some things (i was confused too dw).
his ability that is he can foresee everything that happens inside a photo within 12 hours of it being taken. it's different. he can see what happens, not the data.

My second question is how do the clients know they have these abilities? and how is no one trying to capture them if they do know? i mean it's pretty scary for people to know that someone can time travel and get valuable data i would think people working for the government would intervene.
the clients don't know that they have superpowers, they don't know any of the details of how they work. they just know that they can fulfill their requests.

i hope this helps.

also maybe you should keep watching before asking questions, many questions are answered later in the story and if you have any confusion you'll understand as you keep watching.

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 28, 2021 8:23 PM
Jul 2019
how does he know that's the correct data though?
to answer why i don't watch further, it is because i am currently watching some other anime but i saw this on a video and it got me interested so i decided on taking a look,
Sep 1, 2021 4:40 AM
Jul 2021
Well, i got recommended this anime by Gigguk so i expected smth. The start was kinda strange and straight forward. The op was meh. But the ending tho. This ending is just something else. I was always dreaming how rap/pop songs can be OPs/EDs. The plot is crazy and i like it so far
Sep 3, 2021 12:30 PM
Sep 2021
The first episode was already blown up for me! Mannn~ I believe everyone will probably love it in future!
Sep 5, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2011
Wow... this one episode hit harder than most anime series can ever hope to. I'm sure a lot of people can connect with the story portrayed here this episode - young adult from small town works hard to endure the struggles working in the big city with parents constantly worrying about her. If this is a sign of things to come, I'm in for a treat.
Sep 8, 2021 12:25 PM

Jan 2021
That ending sene leading up to the ending theme was really good and that ending theme slaps
Sep 10, 2021 10:41 AM
Apr 2020
Hmmm idk I kind of really liked it? This is my first donghua so I don't really know what to expect. But yep, pretty cool vibes and intriguing plot so far. Also kind of bored of the butterfly effect or time travel themes but this one looks very different, so I can't wait to watch more!
Sep 10, 2021 8:58 PM

Feb 2014
God damn it, why it had to end like that T_T
Sep 12, 2021 1:42 AM

Jul 2021
My first Donghua... Very satisfied with this episode.
Sep 12, 2021 1:43 PM

May 2018
OMG! My mind was totally somewhere else. I was thinking that blonde dude in the cap that offered her a ride was going to be her new boyfriend, and things were going to start looking up for Emma. I was not expecting a "suicide."

Could this turn of events have been the black-haired dude's fault? He did something unnecessary when he responded to Emma's mother's text message.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 15, 2021 12:11 AM
Jul 2019
Okay that took a dark turn. One of the anime that genuinely surprised me. Very interesting concept they have here, I love time travel stuff. If they manage to pull a Steins;Gate level of storytelling then it will be fantastic.

That OST though, it's a banger.
Sep 25, 2021 6:15 AM

Apr 2015
Woah watching this series with my friends and really got blown away by the quality and plottwist of the first ep! Loved the music also loved the emotional aspects. Also wow really related to the family of the secretary, that is soooo freaking sad. Gotta hold off for two weeks now before our next watch sesh! Ahhh can't wait!
Oct 12, 2021 3:42 AM

Jan 2016
Excellent first episode for a non-Japanese anime which I personally don't used to. Mentioning the character and animation designs which doesn't intent up to leave the manhua/manhwa styles nowdays.
Speaking about the concepts, this animation series' hits and reminds me to Life is Strange 1st game which involving photos and missions for changing the future. Yet I also catch the thick foreshadowing vibes which previously showed in Pet (2020) o_o
Seems like this anime gonna be good rollercoaster show I'm looking forward rn.
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Nov 7, 2021 5:30 PM

Nov 2013
I came to watch this series because of all the hype on Youtube about it "best anime of 2021" etc.

Here's my impression:

It's evident that a lot of work went into the animation. The fluidity of the animation is quite good at times.
Character designs are not bad, but not particularly great either.
Voice acting, it's hard to say. Chinese Mandarin is a lot different from Japanese, so it's hard to make a rational judgement here. I'd say it seemed average to me.
Music was nothing special. Nothing about it moved me emotionally.
Story was a bit too much of a stretch to keep the suspension of disbelief intact.
The rest was a matter of Chinese culture. They acted like a bunch of conceited babies. Not impressed there at all.

In summation, there is nothing about this show that would make me want to watch further.

I will say that it's a good effort on the part of the Chinese. The form is pretty good. But they have a ways to go on substance.
Nov 13, 2021 6:52 AM

Feb 2020
Me the whole episode: "This is Nice"
Me in the end: "FVCK NO" surprised Pikachu face*
Nov 21, 2021 9:32 PM

Sep 2020
wow i really didnt expect that ending, i thought the end where she bumped into the guy was going to be some cliche new romance for her or something but then i got sketchy vibes out of it when he offered to drive her and what do you know?? she dies!

i love the animation and the music in this, the ending song is definitely being added to my playlist (if it's even on spotify lol) also loved the dancing animation in the opening
Nov 21, 2021 10:29 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
basspig said:
I came to watch this series because of all the hype on Youtube about it "best anime of 2021" etc.

Here's my impression:

It's evident that a lot of work went into the animation. The fluidity of the animation is quite good at times.
Character designs are not bad, but not particularly great either.
Voice acting, it's hard to say. Chinese Mandarin is a lot different from Japanese, so it's hard to make a rational judgement here. I'd say it seemed average to me.
Music was nothing special. Nothing about it moved me emotionally.
Story was a bit too much of a stretch to keep the suspension of disbelief intact.
The rest was a matter of Chinese culture. They acted like a bunch of conceited babies. Not impressed there at all.

In summation, there is nothing about this show that would make me want to watch further.

I will say that it's a good effort on the part of the Chinese. The form is pretty good. But they have a ways to go on substance.

"Story was a bit too much of a stretch to keep the suspension of disbelief intact." - Lmao, I think you quite don't comprehend the concept of this series.
"They acted like a bunch of conceited babies" - Do you simply just lack of sympathy to understand the motive and action of the characters?
kizumi91Nov 21, 2021 10:33 PM
Nov 22, 2021 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
kizumi91 said:

"Story was a bit too much of a stretch to keep the suspension of disbelief intact." - Lmao, I think you quite don't comprehend the concept of this series.
"They acted like a bunch of conceited babies" - Do you simply just lack of sympathy to understand the motive and action of the characters?

I think it's like when any country starts making a product that they're new at. They are good at copying the form, but haven't yet figured out the substance.
Nov 22, 2021 1:42 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
basspig said:
kizumi91 said:

I think it's like when any country starts making a product that they're new at. They are good at copying the form, but haven't yet figured out the substance.

"I think it's like when any country starts making a product that they're new at." - Can you elaborate on a product that you mentioned here?

"They are good at copying the form, but haven't yet figured out the substance." - I think you are the one who haven't yet figure out the substance of this show.
Nov 26, 2021 5:44 AM

Aug 2008
The ending of this first episode really felt like it was forcing tragedy to get tears from the audience. Cheng changed the future of that woman by texting her parents and the result of that is she dies? It is so extreme and feels like emotional manipulation to me.

Not feeling the animation either, perhaps will get used to it but just feels like an animated webtoon.
Nov 26, 2021 7:16 AM

Sep 2020
gswelcome said:
The ending of this first episode really felt like it was forcing tragedy to get tears from the audience. Cheng changed the future of that woman by texting her parents and the result of that is she dies? It is so extreme and feels like emotional manipulation to me.

Not feeling the animation either, perhaps will get used to it but just feels like an animated webtoon.
"Cheng changed the future of that woman by texting her parents and the result of that is she dies?"

I got invested in this show after completing ep 3 so I highly suggest you to atleast watch first 3 episodes.
ZXEANNov 26, 2021 7:26 AM
Nov 26, 2021 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
ZXEAN said:
gswelcome said:

"Cheng changed the future of that woman by texting her parents and the result of that is she dies?"

I got invested in this show after completing ep 3 so I highly suggest you to atleast watch first 3 episodes.

Oh I'm going to follow the 3 episode rule and not drop it right away but I haven't been hooked which is a shame given the insane praise this show is getting.

Is that spoiler tag from future episodes? Or clarifying something from this episode?
Nov 26, 2021 10:11 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
gswelcome said:

Don't make a hasty conclusion like that dude, you should finish the whole Anime first
Nov 26, 2021 10:37 AM

Sep 2020
gswelcome said:
ZXEAN said:

Oh I'm going to follow the 3 episode rule and not drop it right away but I haven't been hooked which is a shame given the insane praise this show is getting.

Is that spoiler tag from future episodes? Or clarifying something from this episode?
Ooo that's great.

If you haven't click the spoiler tag it's fine. Link Click is best when audience is in dark. I hope you will enjoy this series 😊
Nov 26, 2021 2:35 PM
Mar 2021
gswelcome said:

All I can say is Emma is not a throwaway female character for cheap tragedy.
Nov 28, 2021 5:02 AM
Mar 2021
Butterfly effect causing her death probably. Never try to change the past. One thing I felt was the music was too loud sometimes.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jul 1, 2021

91 by nanajp »»
May 25, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 24, 2021

78 by nanajp »»
May 25, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 17, 2021

74 by nanajp »»
May 25, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 10, 2021

87 by nanajp »»
May 25, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.