Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 3, 10:21 PM

May 2023
as someone who has read the novel, I am quite concerned with how fast the pacing is but it is only the first episode so I guess I'll give it some time
Jan 3, 11:12 PM
Jul 2021
Very excited to see this back, genuinely hyped. Animation is noticeably better than last season so massive W. As a LN reader I can see that the pacing is at light speed as usual, but vol 8 is one of the weaker volumes imo, so I don’t mind. Just hope that they keep the animation quality and animate the rest of the volumes appropriately🙏🙏

8/10 episode.
Jan 3, 11:45 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I wonder how it feels as an anime only, because they cut so much stuff. But i think it was decent.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 4, 12:32 AM
Nov 2019
awal eps udh suruh mikir keras
My Candies :
Jan 4, 12:56 AM
Dec 2023
a bit confusing, but hopefully will get better
Jan 4, 2:39 AM

May 2021
cote anime is back with the same old shit. ZAQ op is decent and actually good visuals but why the fuck does this even have 2 chief and 1 director for. i love the light novel but kadokawa and lerche really fucks cote over and makes it look so bland. can't wait to fully watch a botched/rushed adaptation again!
need a reboot of this in 10/15 years or a studio change for year2 (it will fucking be Lerche)
Jan 4, 3:54 AM
Jun 2023
amazing episode, this will be one of the best anime of this year
Jan 4, 4:23 AM
Nov 2023
Portraying in the way that there are no loop holes in the special exam makes it anxious to know how Ayanokoji will handle the exam along with helping former school president in taking down Nagumo.
Jan 4, 4:39 AM
Nov 2016
Weren't it bunking beds in the novel ? Pretty sure here. It hasn't even been 2 weeks since i read that. Not that it matters tho.
I like the pace this is going at. Much faster than in the novel. Tho, some information could be lost here for anime only people. Can't judge this as a novel reader.
Surprised this went right into the exam here.

And why is it rated 8.22 already ? I mean, it will probably be at least a 8/10 at the end and it's the 3rd season to a popular, consistently great anime, but come on. Who rates an anime after 1 ep ?
Unless it's some ginormous clusterfuck that gets dropped and deserves a 1-4/10 ?
Jan 4, 6:53 AM
Jan 2024
very good ed and a lot of info
Jan 4, 6:58 AM

Jul 2015
Sometimes I think I am Ayanokoji.
I also like to not express any emotions, torment women by exposing them to bullying, torture and sexually assault them to test their loyalty and resolve.
You know, like typicall deep, morally gray and complex character would do.

Jan 4, 7:40 AM
Aug 2022
The best
Of all time u should watch it and read the ln
Jan 4, 7:41 AM

May 2020
pretty good first episode
hope we get to see more of Arisu
also class d is class c now

Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Why did lerche even take on this job if they’re not gonna put any effort or soul into it? They delayed for this? ? No T rex scene, anime original scenes that hurt the original story,… hey at least they made suzune even hotter.. had low expectations but fuck they were exceeded
@Marinate1016

To this day I still wonder how A1 Pictures, Clowerwork or JC Staff missed the chance to animate COTE, since they are the best studios to adapt LN's.
From all the garbage studios Lerche got the COTE, maybe with Lerche is cheaper to make the anime, thats why they are sticking to this garbage studio.
Jan 4, 8:01 AM

Aug 2022
Oh yes after a long wait. COTE is back.

It seems Ayanokoji already knows who will win between Manabu and Nagumo. Kei also helped Ayano this time. Arisu and Honami also need more screen time for the next episode.

I don't know what strategy and Ayano's next steps I'm waiting for.
Jan 4, 8:10 AM
Jan 2023
Icebreaker93 said:
@Marinate1016

To this day I still wonder how A1 Pictures, Clowerwork or JC Staff missed the chance to animate COTE, since they are the best studios to adapt LN's.
From all the garbage studios Lerche got the COTE, maybe with Lerche is cheaper to make the anime, thats why they are sticking to this garbage studio.

Maybe those studios weren't interested enough to animate this series? This series isn't really their type at all if you take a look at their other shows.
Jan 4, 9:00 AM
Feb 2020
great episode got me hyped for more even though nothing much but the setting got revealed
Jan 4, 9:22 AM

May 2023
Well, I didn't think much happened in this first episode, it was pretty quiet.
But I'm excited for this season.
Jan 4, 9:32 AM
Aug 2021
Neat Start to a new arc. animation does require a little work
Jan 4, 9:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looks like this’ll be an interesting challenge for Ayanokouji, and there’s the request from the former president to boot. It’ll be interesting to see if he’ll have to take control of things by himself or will supporting Karuizawa from behind the scenes and manipulating the informant to get the job done this time around…

It’s nice to see that the after effects of that beatdown of Ryuen is still strong, xD. That was definitely a highlight of the previous season and I couldn’t wait to see how it would affect things going forward.

Pretty cool snap of Ayanokouji with the Russian roulette pose in the Op visuals there. What kind of symbolism does that offer, I wonder.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 9:40 AM
Sep 2022
Good start to the third season. I look forward to how the characters interact with each other this season after a thrilling second season.
Jan 4, 9:48 AM
Feb 2022
They just continue to skip so much content.
Jan 4, 10:18 AM

Aug 2020
It's nice to compare the scenes I had in mind when reading the LN and the way they are portrayed in the anime...

Jan 4, 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
Icebreaker93 said:
@Marinate1016

SHAFT would’ve been ideal imo
Jan 4, 11:13 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Icebreaker93 said:
@Marinate1016

SHAFT would’ve been ideal imo
@Marinate1016

Oh I totaly forgot about them, they did an amazing job with the Monogatari series.
Jan 4, 11:22 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
After the disappointing adaptation of last season, we're back, and we jump right back in and start the Mixed Training Camp arc.

ZAQ has returned as per usual, and honestly, this one might be her best one yet. The visuals accompanying it might also be the best so far.

As they entered the third semester and moved up from Class D to Class C, Ayanokoji and his classmates were headed towards the special exam called Mixed Training Camp, conducted with students from all grades. This unique test involved forming groups with students from a different class, despite their previous rivalries. Discord was inevitable. However, there was a rule stating that if they fell below a certain threshold, students would face expulsion.

Horikita is making an effort to win Kushida over, even though her dislike for her remains strong. Meanwhile, Horikita's brother has asked Ayanokoji to handle the new student council president, Nagumo. There's worry that Nagumo might use his power to expel students even more frequently.

For us who have been following the show for a while, the focus is likely on Ayanokoji's next move - it's almost like watching a game of chess in four dimensions. We might have to wait for another episode or two to see how Ayanokoji's latest plan unfolds and pays off amidst all the maneuvering between these characters.

With this season set to cover the last 4 volumes of the first-year arc, get ready for another rushed experience.
@IzanaSolos You whiny LN readers always spoil the fun of anime only fans.If u have hated S1,S2 then why are u even watching the Season 3? Just to whine and trigger anime only fans.In S1, I could understand LN reders frustration but why the hell u LN readers are still watching S3 when u truly hate anime adaptation 😑😑😑😑😑.Get your negativity outta here
Jan 4, 11:28 AM
Jun 2023
really good episode excited for ep 2
Jan 4, 11:40 AM

Jul 2022
This will be my first time sharing my opinion on the forum! The third season of 'Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e' is a completely new experience for me as I've never read the manga or the light novel.

In this season, Ayanokouji faces new obstacles, such as Sakayanagi or Nagumo, the new president. Even the persistent presence of Kushida remains bothersome in this anime. However, I feel at ease because our favorite strategist seems to have brought his tools with him, and I assume Ryuuen, the antagonist from the previous season, will be one of them.

I'm eager to see how Ayanokouji will tackle this new challenge, especially because this time he seems unable to protect his entire class alone.

I'll finish by mentioning the importance of the opening theme for me, and I'm thrilled that this time it's by ZAQ. Without their music, the experience wouldn't be the same.

NarizorJan 4, 11:50 AM
Jan 4, 11:58 AM
Jan 2024
Just a standard first episode, nothing extraordinary but ill wacht it for sure.
Jan 4, 12:58 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to gamibo
@IzanaSolos You whiny LN readers always spoil the fun of anime only fans.If u have hated S1,S2 then why are u even watching the Season 3? Just to whine and trigger anime only fans.In S1, I could understand LN reders frustration but why the hell u LN readers are still watching S3 when u truly hate anime adaptation 😑😑😑😑😑.Get your negativity outta here
@gamibo Just so you know, I've only checked out the first volume of the light novel, so don't label me as a light novel enthusiast, you twit. And you know what? Season 1 is like my absolute favorite anime ever. It was just top-notch. Sadly, I can't say the same for season 2. But hey, I'm still sticking around for those awesome OPs and because this series is kinda close to my heart.

And guess what? It's not just the light novel readers, even those who only watch the anime are throwing shade at this adaptation. Crazy, right?

Jan 4, 2:06 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to gamibo
@gamibo I agree so much! ! !
Jan 4, 3:30 PM
Mar 2021
Truly amazing. Animation is an improvement from last season. I enjoy the story and its portrayed well the only real issues is that the animation is kidna still bad but its tolerable. the art is pretty good (animation issue doe). Great adaptation. Arisu really be scheming this episode doe acting sus she definitetly plays among us. Nagumo is goofy and funny.
Jan 4, 7:17 PM

Feb 2021
Icebreaker93 said:
A-1 and CloverWorks are owned by Aniplex, and it seems Kadokawa always planned to be the main producer for COTE, so those two studios were always off the table.

Kadokawa could have used their own anime studios (Kinema Citrus and ENGI), but Kinema Citrus wasn't owned by Kadokawa yet in 2017 and ENGI didn't exist yet.

JC Staff could have been an option, they have worked together before, but it seems Studio Hibari (which owns Lerche) was the one who invested on the show and got the animation job.
Jan 4, 7:24 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is already deeply involved
Jan 5, 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
omg. it looks so static compared to Tomozaki. give it more budget for a good animations
Jan 5, 2:03 AM

Apr 2015
This season is off to a wicked start, Love the opening song this time.
Jan 5, 2:27 AM
Apr 2022
I could not be more happy for this episodes drop and it did not disappoint
Jan 5, 3:57 AM
Dec 2023
pretty decent episode .. I hope they won't cut much scenes from novel
Jan 5, 4:57 AM
Aug 2022
ayanokoji is back and is always plotting. this season is going to be great i just know it.
Jan 5, 5:04 AM
Jan 2022
I was hyped at the beginning, but there was less content
Jan 5, 7:17 AM
Nov 2021
bruh hope they dont go off the rails too much this time cause there are alr signs of so .-.
Jan 5, 8:27 AM
Jul 2023
Sets up the season really well and follows on from the previous season very good as well.
Jan 5, 11:15 AM
Feb 2023
A really solid start of the new season. The art is a lot better now when compared to the previous seasons.
Jan 5, 11:57 AM

Jul 2022
zamn it's only just begun but we already doing mindgames
i liek it
Jan 5, 12:33 PM

Aug 2022
I binged the two previous seasons like a year ago so there's a decent amount that I forgot about this anime. Anyway the first episode seems kinda meh.
Jan 5, 1:02 PM
Nov 2021
Úžasne pohodlné a jemné začatie deja s napínavými prvkami.
Jan 5, 1:31 PM
Sep 2023
Colors looked bad, story is nice.
Jan 5, 2:12 PM
Jan 2023
Good start of the anime, hoping it evolves to be as good as the other seasons
Jan 5, 7:01 PM

Apr 2021
starting another season of psychology. Always thinking and analyzing the situation around me, I admire Ayanokouji.
Jan 6, 12:00 AM
Apr 2022
Whats with this animation quality? Its so power point static...you only see their mouths flap, and the characters stay so still and stiff like statues its actually even worse than Hoshi no Samidare. And we all know how dismally bad that was. This is an even lower low.

Totally unbearable to watch after being spoilt with Sousou no Frieren.

Didnt even last 3 minutes, let alone 3 episodes.....and dropped.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

187 by FONZACUS »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

155 by Ittan_Momen »»
May 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

211 by KinjiKido »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

136 by ANIk_003 »»
May 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

105 by Alex_TheForest »»
May 13, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.