Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2021 6:05 AM

Sep 2020
Oyashka said:
I didn't understand how the guys sent the suspect a hint to find a photo studio. The subtitles said it was done with Emma's phone, but I think it's a mistake because she threw her phone off the bridge. Who understood how they did it?
I think the hint was Shanshan's post which she took infront of their shop
Jul 11, 2021 6:12 AM

Sep 2020
I was expecting just drama time travelling, since that's the tag but holy shet I got better stuff than that and I'm so in love, the thriller was amazing I literally had goosebumps all the way ~(>_<。)\
cant wait for s2~
Jul 11, 2021 3:26 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
That ending...SHIIIIIIT. This show was f*cking incredible. I try to rarely give out 10s but in this instance it's a cold hard 10. No doubt about it.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jul 11, 2021 5:01 PM
Oct 2016
So s2 is confirmed I guess!?
Jul 12, 2021 6:02 AM
Nov 2020
I was literally NOT EXPECTING THAT ENDING it's so fucked up but boy when I say surprise me, they really did. I honestly don't know how to react. I NEED TIME TO PROCESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED. BRB CRYING.
Jul 12, 2021 3:16 PM
Feb 2021
what the actual fuck has happened here bro? i mean, it was cool and all but what? like, bro that’s unexpected. but it’s all cool because that ending means we get to have a second season
Jul 12, 2021 11:53 PM

Feb 2019
Everything seems alright, then the ending starts and you know something big will happen. I don't know why the villain seems to be strongly related to Lu Guang, but maybe we'll find out in season 2, when we'll probably see as well what happened when they went to America.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Jul 13, 2021 4:18 AM
Apr 2020
This ending! Holy shit!! I wasn't expecting a happy ending per se, but I was not expecting this at all. 10/10 for me. Very exciting series and felt very human. I was an emotional wreck half the time and the other half I was on the edge of my seat. I hope we get more information regarding season 2 soon.
Jul 13, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
PaninaManina said:
elany said:

I don't think any of the three options you listed are even a possibility, honestly, because it's far more likely that the attack itself was already the inevitable part. You said it yourself, he was stalking her, the only reason he was even at the train station was because she'd be there. A new opportunity would've presented itself as long as he was determined to make one. At some point she would've had to leave the apartment, Go to a store. Go the the station. It's not like she'd be on the watch out for a potential assailant and who's the say he wouldn't have followed her to another city, or even home?

I feel like by this point we have been given plenty of clues that she was always meant to die, and not a single one to the opposite beyond just plausible deniability. Not saying the opposite is impossible, but ignoring the actually presented clues does seem a bit like wilful ignorance, wouldn't you say?

That's why I said "golden opportunity".
Just because you can stalk someone does it mean that you should? Follow someone is easy, but to attack or kidnap is not, not if you're not willing to be seen. She only accepted his offer because she was in a moment of desperation, she was willing to do anything to get to her parents fast, but can you imagine she agreeing to enter a stranger's car in any other day?

Now this is a bit unrelated, but I already forgot to write this two times, not a third one.
I wish I could ask the writer if the person who hired the main duo get information about the parallel account on Emma's company is relevant for the story. I guess was Lin's father.

Agreeing with elany. Personally I think Emma would have killed herself if Liumin didnt step in. (His name's Liumin btw not Lin)

She seemed already at her wits end, tired from her job, missing her parents but not wanting to burden them, she seemed like she had enough. And Liumin doesn't seem like he's following your rational of "can but should?" considering he went after Shanshan next.. Obviously he shouldn't considering many factors - his identity, his reputation, his dad's business. etc etc . but he did it anyways because he doesn't care, all he cares about is himself and what he himself wants, with Emma it's his money, with Shanshan he wanted everyone to stop talking about him.

Even if Liumin didn't really want to murder anyone, Being-X is involved in this, and considering how Being-X so easily attempted murder on Liumin in the police office, I wouldn't put it behind them to have made sure Emma died had Liumin not stepped in with the drive offer. Being-X could easily possess Emma and kill her (as they did in ep 11) so yes, I think she's doomed to die no matter what. Emma is just a catalyst in this plot, serving to move it forward.
Jul 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
I MEAN OF COURSE IT HAD TO END WITH A CLIFFHANGER BUT STILL!? CAN NOT wait for season 2. I hope Lu Guang hasn’t actually died. He NEEDS to be there in the second season. ANYWAYS loved it 10/10 for me. (Also, The soundtrack? like oof) Link Click made me wanna watch more donghuas now.
Jul 13, 2021 2:16 PM

Nov 2015
The way this last episode made me go from relief to despair in half a second justifies the 10/10 I'm giving to this anime.

I actually clicked on the first episode by accident and ended up watching it anyway cause the cover art was pretty and the story seemed interesting. I ended up binge-watching the few episodes that were released, and waiting impatiently for the next episode each week. The story is gold. The cliffhangers were always killing me.

I'm not good for reviews but I recommend this show to anyone still hesitating to give it a watch.

Now I'm on my way to listen to 白鲨JAWS's discography cause the songs in the anime sound amazing.
Jul 13, 2021 2:57 PM

Feb 2019
OMG this was amazing! This episode was so emotional. I loved the part where Cheng was explaining things to Emma. That insert song fit so well. The suspense throughout this episode was great. You couldn't really predict what would happen for sure. I figured he had powers as well, but that plot twist at the end caught me off guard. The way they left us with that huge cliffhanger really set the bar high for season 2. I can't wait!
Jul 13, 2021 3:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a HUGE cliffhanger, so there is someone else with powers and this time it can control people directly... Lu Gang (almost?) killed by the controlled Qiao Ling is sure shocking, same for Emma's suicide... I can't wait for the next season, it was great
Jul 13, 2021 4:13 PM

Apr 2018
Quite an interesting way to end the series, since ep 1, there was a villian with a similar power. In the end, LG loses his life (ig) and Ling is possessed by the villian.. CX fails to save Emma (cause she was also possessed by the villian) and so was Liu.. they played right into his hand. But pretty sure that we're getting a second season now.

The best thing from this dongua was the soundtrack, absolutely phenomenal, animation was good most of the time, a few likeable characters and an interesting story.
8/10, +1 for enjoyment = 9/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 12:02 AM
Nov 2020
10/10 for the ending...
Jul 14, 2021 5:23 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This thread has been properly formatted.
Jul 16, 2021 2:15 AM

Jun 2020
Holy Shit. What an absolutely amazing show. One of the best I have seen recently. Though I would have liked an ending with a proper closure than an ending to iniate the second season - But still, this is amazing. I was thinking how are they going to show everything including the villain in such a small time. Now we're getting a second season. Well, don't know about that but this certainly was a masterpiece. 10/10.
Jul 16, 2021 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
@anime-prime
What happened? Votes disappeared.
Jul 16, 2021 6:25 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
PaninaManina said:
@anime-prime
Hmmm. Well, this episode thread wasn't properly made since the special episode was counted in this series board instead of the special's series board, so it knocked all the internal episode numbering up one. Therefore, the system didn't let the episode 11 thread to be made since the episode 10 thread was the 11th episode thread for this series. Due to this, the episode 11 thread was made without the special episode thread format. Therefore, when I merged this thread into a newly properly made episode 11 thread with the correct internal numbering, it reset the poll. Actually, reset isn't the right word. The previous poll was completely replaced by the officially made poll. I apologize for the inconvenience.
anime-primeJul 16, 2021 6:38 AM
Jul 16, 2021 6:44 AM

Mar 2008
anime-prime said:
PaninaManina said:
@anime-prime
Hmmm. Well, this episode thread wasn't properly made since the special episode was counted in this series board instead of the special's series board, so it knocked all the internal episode numbering up one. Therefore, the system didn't let the episode 11 thread to be made since the episode 10 thread was the 11th episode thread for this series. Due to this, the episode 11 thread was made without the special episode thread format. Therefore, when I merged this thread into a newly properly made episode 11 thread with the correct internal numbering, it reset the poll. Actually, reset isn't the right word. The previous poll was completely replaced by the officially made poll. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I asked because previous episodes are still with their votes.
Jul 16, 2021 6:54 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
PaninaManina said:
anime-prime said:

I asked because previous episodes are still with their votes.
Right, and that's because I didn't need to make an episode thread for them. I just needed to change their internal thread numbers. After fixing those, I was then able to make an offical thread for episode 11 and then merge this thread, which wasn't made with the episode thread option, into the newly created episode 11 thread with the correct internal number.
Jul 16, 2021 12:01 PM
Feb 2021
Gosh, this was wild. A gazillion good plot twists
Jul 17, 2021 12:47 AM

Aug 2017
Whaaaat? Liu Min's "friend" is possessing people! That explains why Liu Min could walk! He was possessed! Liu Min's "friend" even killed three people simultaneously from Emma in the past, Liu Min and Lu Guang in the present! Emma survived the strangling and the crash but she is possessed by the true serial killer and forced to jump to her death :(

I'm going to watch the second season! 8/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 17, 2021 6:14 AM
Jul 2021
Kcjpunk_01 said:
can anyone tell me this has yaoi or shounen ai ? I'm really intested in this story but I don't like yaoi or shounen ai and i been watching anime since 2012 and i never have watch anime that has those two tag

its not shounen ai or yaoi dw lol
Jul 17, 2021 6:21 AM
Jul 2021
im in shock rn luguang is simply sleeping
Jul 17, 2021 6:10 PM
Mar 2020
giveup-the-ghost said:
So I watched this knowing there’d be a season 2, so it changed my perspective when watching this. I’m sure season 2 was planned way ahead of time because of the crazy ending of this final episode! Throwing in some new villain, was not what I expected. Poor Emma still had to die huh. I really wish there could have been some more hints that there was a secret bad guy in the shadows instead of dumping it on the viewers at the very last moment. It comes off as cheap shock value, so that viewers will watch the second season

I can’t say I enjoyed this anime as much as others have though. If it weren’t for these discussion threads, I’d be so confused with almost every episode lol. I think if you really tried to critique this show, you could find plenty of plot holes and contrivances with it.

The characters were very flat, didn’t help that the voice acting was pretty mediocre. CX was the only character who had any depth to him. But the show was really about him imo. I kept waiting for the moment when we’d get LG’s backstory, but it never happened. Hopefully it’ll happen in season 2 as long as he doesn’t die. Which I’m sure he won’t, because that would be such an awful writing choice. I probably won’t even watch season 2 if he stays dead xD be nice if the second season gives some explanation to how everyone’s supernatural powers work, especially now with this bad guy in control.

When this show first started, I was so ready to ship LG and CX, but I have very mixed feelings about their relationship? The show implied they were close, but barely showed for it. Their interactions with each other were mostly arguing with each other during the mission focused episodes, with LG always getting frustrated with CX who didn’t want to follow the rules of the mission properly. And we only got snippets of their past through flashbacks. So for me personally, it never felt to me that they were really close friends.

Speaking of flashbacks, I think the show went overboard at times with using so many flashbacks to tell the story, I found it irritating at times.

But even with all my criticisms, I still enjoyed it. Just not blown away by it. I’d argue that a show like ID:Invaded that had slightly similar themes to this show was much better in terms of writing. I’d give Link Click a 7.5/10 hopefully we don’t have to wait more than a year for season 2, because id likely lose interest by then…
lmao you just sound pissed that everyone's loving this show. 'You could find plenty of plot holes' aight go on then. State some plot holes, or is that you spewing nonsense for the sake of downgrading the anime lmao. and ofc they were close friends bruh, they legit run this 'business' together, they rely on each other, and the fact that they have this brotherly relationship of LG being the more mature one, always arguing with CX gives him more of a character, something you called 'flat' lmao. so you say you're confused, but then get irritated by flashbacks? my guy the fbs were there to help you remember the events and make it less confusing lmao, if they weren't there you'd be even more lost.

fair to have an opinion, not dissing you either, but the stuff you've said seems like bs to me lol, if you still didn't enjoy it thats totally fine, but overlooking stuff and pointing out 'criticisms' when they're not even there is just odd to me. speaking of odd stuff, you've given odd taxi a ten, not surprised you gave this a 7.5, seems there's this rivalry between odd taxi fans and link click fans lol.
Jul 17, 2021 6:16 PM
Mar 2020
Aight, im in actual shock. What a masterpiece. the main thing i love about link click is its insane plot twists, like they give such a huge shock factor, and even in this last episode the final few minutes were just incredible, and it all ended like that, on such a major cliffhanger. LG getting stabbed and Emma being forced to jump to her death by LM's 'friend' just hurt to see and made my jaw drop.
Overall a 10/10 anime, legit no criticisms, i thought odd taxi would be my anime of the season, but nah, Link Click just hit d i f f e r e n t. Proud of the animation/art team, the brilliant voice actors and the directors, and especially the ost producers and op/ed singers and producers. Like holy moly my guy, how do u end an episode and give your viewers that much goosebumps when that absolute banger of an Ed plays.
Anyway, super excited for s2, Link Click supremacy!
Jul 18, 2021 6:01 AM

Mar 2008
Honest question, those "plot twists" where really plot twists?

I'm thinking, the reason "they" are so efficient is because instead of being surprises coming out of nowhere, changing things, what they are is just "managed expectations".
The secret is that the series is very skillful in holding our expectations, right? The very first scene of the series we are told that things can go wrong, and by the end of the episode we see how wrong things can go. So after that we are in constant alert, that's why the episode endings are so hyped with those cliffhangers. Is not that we are seeing "plot twists", the circumstances changing or the consequences of their actions, what it is is that the series don't let us forget that things can go wrong at any moment and with the series managing these expectations we are always looking at shadows searching for threats to the characters.

That's also the reason why the finale is so shocking, because after 11 episodes holding our breath we finally think that the danger passed and allow ourselves to feel relieved. Is at that this moment that the series finally reveals it's hand and the tragedy becomes even more shocking because we fooled ourselves into believing that the series was bluffing in a rush to feel secure before it was all ended.
Jul 18, 2021 8:42 PM

Nov 2015
Why does my girl Emma have to suffer so much?
Jul 19, 2021 5:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... that's about the mother of all cliffhanger endings if I ever saw one
Jul 19, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2008
Is this "Mother of All Cliffhanger"s strong enough to drop Code Geass from position #19?
I'm monitoring the stats tab and the score is still rising (from a few days ago to now):

10 35.4% (2875 votes) -> 35.5% (3108 votes)
09 31.7% (2570 votes) -> 32.1% (2806 votes)
08 20.3% (1646 votes) -> 20.0% (1754 votes)
07 7.8% (634 votes) - 7.7% (670 votes)

Scores 7-8 decreasing and scores 9-10 increasing.
Also, slowly youtubers are picking up and making deserved "this is the true hidden gem/best this season/year anime" videos.
I hope that Funimation will also noticed and update the subtitles. A rewatch deserves better subtitles that what we have now.
Jul 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Holy shit that ending
Jul 19, 2021 8:47 PM

Mar 2008
Someone pointed this on a comment on YT, Lu Guang "death" was foreshadowed in the opening:

Jul 20, 2021 2:07 PM
Aug 2020
Of course it's gonna end up in a huge cliffhanger ;__; but what a great donghua! everything was perfect from the first episode!!

I hope season 2 covers more on the backstory of how all this started! how Lu guang got these powers

10/10 <3
Jul 21, 2021 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
PaninaManina said:
Is this "Mother of All Cliffhanger"s strong enough to drop Code Geass from position #19?
I'm monitoring the stats tab and the score is still rising (from a few days ago to now):

10 35.4% (2875 votes) -> 35.5% (3108 votes)
09 31.7% (2570 votes) -> 32.1% (2806 votes)
08 20.3% (1646 votes) -> 20.0% (1754 votes)
07 7.8% (634 votes) - 7.7% (670 votes)

Scores 7-8 decreasing and scores 9-10 increasing.
Also, slowly youtubers are picking up and making deserved "this is the true hidden gem/best this season/year anime" videos.
I hope that Funimation will also noticed and update the subtitles. A rewatch deserves better subtitles that what we have now.

Score increased again, but dropped one position in the ranking lol.

10 35.5% (3108 votes) -> 35.7% (3322 votes)
09 32.1% (2806 votes) -> 32.2% (2996 votes)
08 20.0% (1754 votes) -> 19.8% (1842 votes)
07 7.7% (670 votes) -> 7.6% (709 votes)

I believe more people will come here to watch, some youtubers are picking up.
Jul 21, 2021 8:14 PM
Feb 2021
To anyone wondering what was written at end

"Agent of Time" Season 2 Production Decision

One-click chase, more surprises please stay tuned
Jul 22, 2021 1:12 AM
Oct 2015
time travel mechanics a bit weaksauce with zero scientific approach but rather magic/"don't think about it". overall enjoyable watch though with decent pacing, good = 7/10.
Jul 27, 2021 9:35 PM

Mar 2016
I knew something was about to go wrong. I knew the girl was about to die too. I also figured out the "friend" could control people. So, I was just nervously waiting for it to be revealed, without terrible consequences. And yet, Lu Guang gets stabbed! Fuck! I hope he's alive! I want season 2 already, but it will probably only be released years later, by which time, I would have already forgotten the story!! ( TДT)
Jul 29, 2021 6:09 AM

Jun 2020
What a rollercoaster. Can't believe how unpopular it is

Jul 30, 2021 4:39 AM

Apr 2016
WHAT THEE FUUUUUUUCK!!! SUCH A GOOD ENDING!
CANNOT wait for S2. Great show!

Jul 31, 2021 6:59 AM
Mar 2021
What the fuck
10/10
Jul 31, 2021 8:04 AM
Jan 2021
THAT CLIFFHANGER LEFT ME SPEECHLESS. I feel like my brain just went🤯. I’m so shook I can’t. This is by far THE MOST ILLEGAL CLIFFHANGER. And that sick Ed just built up the tension of what just happened omg omg omg. I can’t wait for the next season 😩

Jul 31, 2021 12:40 PM
May 2020
what did they say at the end
Jul 31, 2021 4:09 PM

Jul 2019
So there was another culprit behind all of the recent cases. Idk, it's kind of left field unless it's clearly explained in the second season.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 1, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2019
Really wish it was just one season ... It being an evil time leaper all along really took away from what made this journey and writing so special up to this point for me.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Aug 2, 2021 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
ayo wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Aug 2, 2021 11:27 PM
Jul 2021
AHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT. THE. FUCK. THE ENDING WAS PERFECT. EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST EPISODE STRANGELY MADE SENSE. HOW THE FUCK. Okay so I was already suspicious of something like this happening. Everything was going wayyyyy too smoothly. Also the timings for the murders seemed wrong. You will also notice that in the episode where Emma is running to see her parents the blond boy is there acting strange so I wasn't really surprised when she was murdered. Also is it only me Or is the chief of police suspicious? Idk I'm probably overthinking this but I can't seem to shake off the feeling that the villain is probably someone from the inside
Aug 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Sep 2020
I'm glad season 2 was already announced. The ending really left a lot of questions and I certainly can't wait for them to be answered. I really hope Lu Guang isn't dead, he's my favorite character from the series:/
Aug 5, 2021 9:16 AM
Oct 2020
I just finished this rn, I haven't watched an anime that had me wanted to completed this in one go without a having my getting myself distracted.Every episode was great. The ending song is worth listening to it's just dope and I can't wait for S2
Aug 6, 2021 2:33 PM

Apr 2010
Hope Lu Guang is not dead... i will increase the score if he is alive...!!!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» For anyone who hasn't yet seen this show and is about to watch it in Japanese Dub

kizumi91 - May 3, 2022

24 by Suri-Fox »»
2 hours ago

» Did this Anime get a ratings boost?

redfield-9 - Jun 4

8 by KayKimii »»
Jun 4, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

79 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

171 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

155 by Salah_og »»
May 31, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.