Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
Taiyo waking up to a knife to his face is kinda priceless. The OP song is alright imo, kinda catchy. We also got to learn more about Mutsumi and her status in the family

Seeing Goliath the cat doing the driving was also hilarious although they got ambushed on the road. They're pushing the responsibility to Taiyo to protect Mutsumi. So far, this definitely feels like a test to see if Taiyo is worthy. The close calls with the bombs at school were examples. Hope he learns not to self doubt himself again...
Apr 14, 1:37 AM

Feb 2021
5:14 It wasn't translated, but the replies are basically saying Kyoichiro to blow up, disappear from this world and that he is creepy.

I like how you can see Shion's drone in the background during the mission.
Scene after credits!
Nice episode. These two episodes were like an introduction, so I guess the first actual story arc will start next episode.
Apr 14, 2:01 AM
Sep 2015
The 5-second short skit at the very end of the episode suggesting that Taiyo will shit himself in the new house...
Apr 14, 2:23 AM

Jul 2021
op and ed are nice songs, animation and visuals are quite lazy though.
Fun episode, Hope Silver Link won't crumble when the real action "blossoms"
Apr 14, 3:14 AM

Jun 2014
Quite a different sound for Ikimonogakari compared to what I'm used to from their other anime theme songs, but their OP is pretty catchy. If I didn't know who they were and you told me they're the same band that did Blue Bird from Naruto I would never believe it lol.

After Kyoichiro's explanation of what the family mission is, it seems Taiyo really bit off more than he can chew marrying into this family. Now he too has to learn to protect Mutsumi. For his first mission he did a decent job keeping her safe.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 3:24 AM

Mar 2021
Really good episode i like the OP and ED they sound great
Apr 14, 3:36 AM
Feb 2020
Guess thats Shinzou in the bottom right there lol
Apr 14, 4:14 AM

Dec 2015
Love how the Yozakura siblings came to help out.

Also like how the students are gossiping about the UFO and its just Shion's drone. Surprised that none of their classmates has asked about the matching rings that Taiyou and Mutsumi are wearing.

Kyoichiro was going to hate anyone that Mutsumi ended up with but I'm glad that she chose Taiyou. He was willing to jump just to save her. Considering Kyoichiro could have swooped in at any moment and stop the bomb from going off goes to show he's still testing him.

On another note, I'm a bit curious on how the bomber made that last post.
hai_X_isApr 14, 5:02 AM
Apr 14, 4:21 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Embient
5:14 It wasn't translated, but the replies are basically saying Kyoichiro to blow up, disappear from this world and that he is creepy.

I like how you can see Shion's drone in the background during the mission.
Scene after credits!
Nice episode. These two episodes were like an introduction, so I guess the first actual story arc will start next episode.
@Embient kinda wish they translated those. People can miss out on some comedy without it being translated. I like how the person with the eraser profile is saying something like "Serves you right,siscon".
Apr 14, 4:37 AM
Oct 2022
Taiyo was so terrified after waking up with a knife held by Kyoichirou next to his face. I know that he will do his best in order to protect Mutsumi from assassins.

I start to love this anime, the story is good and there is comedy as well. Kyoichirou, Taiyo and Mutsumi are so cool:)

Taiyo Asano is going through a test to see if he can protect the future Yozakura Family’s head, but he will get help from the entire family.
Apr 14, 6:05 AM

Apr 2022
surprisingly liking this adaptation so far, guess i just found the art in the manga boring but prefer the visuals here. some decent action.
Apr 14, 7:35 AM
Aug 2022
Much better than the first episode, I really like Kyo’s character. I’ve always thought characters who use threads as a weapon are super badass
Apr 14, 7:43 AM
Mar 2024
this episode is awsome i dont have any complain
Apr 14, 7:50 AM

Jul 2022
I feel a bit sorry for Taiyou, having such a sudden change in his life and also trying to survive assassins who want to kill him and his wife; and not even having the certainty that your brother-in-law wants to see you alive, it must be hard.

I imagine with the numerous trials ahead Taiyou will become stronger and stronger, he even showed in this episode to have some deductive ability even without being a spy. Also, it seems that Yozakura's family is quite close-knit and appreciates Taiyou.

The OP and the ED are not bad though visually the OP falls short.
Apr 14, 8:02 AM

Sep 2009
Next week will be fun, Taiyo trying to navigate the house.
Apr 14, 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
Fun episode and a Fun Cast as well! Really enjoying this anime so far.

Anyone else notice that Nanao has a wedding ring on as well!? Kind of curious who his partner is.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Dec 2021
Just two episodes in, and we're already outsourcing episodes... Silver Link, you never fail to disappoint. The OP and ED are so lazy too. It's a shame that such good songs are wasted on basic visuals like these.

The whole thing was stupid too. I mean, what was the point? It's not like they're in any kind of danger. You can see Shion's drone watching over them, and while the nurse seems suspicious, that cat-like smile could only be from Kengo in disguise.

Apr 14, 9:35 AM
May 2015
I feel like this is definitely the type of show that starts a little slow and gets better every episode until you completely love it. I am definitely looking forward to see where they go with this.
Apr 14, 9:59 AM

Aug 2022
Taiyo's first mission is to keep Mutsumi safe. Even though in the end Taiyo was helped by the Yozakura brothers, it wasn't bad for his struggle.

I didn't expect that Mutsumi was the current head of the Yozakura Family. And the other brothers will continue to try to protect Mutsumi.

RafaBryanApr 14, 10:08 AM
Apr 14, 10:30 AM
Jun 2021
This episode was nice! Kept up the same quality of the first and brought us more info on the yozakura family.

Opening and ending the were both very cute, and animation and art style are still good. Excited for more!
Apr 14, 11:03 AM
Nov 2019
So did the bomber die ? Lol….
Apr 14, 11:14 AM

Mar 2007
“For my wife’s sake, I can’t afford to collapse” - Dude is a KEEPER!

Oversharing on social media "Blowing up now, about to die now"
And she gives it a heart like LMAO.

This is such a fun action comedy.
Apr 14, 2:20 PM
Aug 2021
i like op and ed.They are catchy.This episode is good too.I'd like to see taiyo struggle and growing
Apr 14, 3:19 PM
Jan 2024
good chapter although a little strange sajdsjad
Apr 14, 3:34 PM
May 2022
I think I like this a bit more than what I’ve read of the manga. Pretty good animation, some good voice acting kinda goes a long way here. Maybe because I had dropped it pretty early but I’ll try to stick with the anime for now.
Apr 14, 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
I'm so happy Hulu didn't bother to translate all the social media posts that make up a bunch of the humor for this part, last thing id want is for jokes to actually land for non-japanese speakers. Outside of that the adaption still feels kind of like how ep 1 was, where its decent but it just feels like its really not doing the tone justice by keeping things feeling so slow paced when it should be a lot more energetic.

I'm guessing they wont get to the tanpopo arc with how slow this was adapting things unless they skip a ton, this was only 1 chapter and that stuff is like 80 deep. And there ain't no way in hell they were banking on this to be such a success it could have that many episodes to adapt this series slowly cause this shit does not sell and has always barely existed in the magazine. Granted I think a lot of this ep was anime only for some reason if I'm not mistaken.
JizzyHitlerApr 14, 4:09 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 14, 4:55 PM

Aug 2017
I like it. I really like it.
A good sophomore episode, has really quite funny scences, especially everything with Kyo and Taiyu. The two seem to have an interesting relationship toward each other. Something between mutual confusion, deterrence, acceptance, rivalry and admiration. I think it's good that Kyo isn't just another Yuri Briar who screams and freaks out all the time when it comes to his sister, but rather gives his whole madness a slightly sardonic, almost elegant note.

The best scene for me was when the car was attacked and Kyo countered the whole thing with a slight "Oh dear."
Also liked the little satire about our consumer society, with twittering spys on social media.

OP is absolute feel-good music and has been playing on a continuous loop on my mp3 player for a week now. 🎶 Considering the ED I still need a while to warm up.

A pretty accurate adaptation up to this point. I would have expected that they would have shortened something or had faster pacing, because they are now almost 5 years behind the manga and - at least that's what I read in a few MAL threads - want to adapt it up to the Skleleton Island arc.
However, they adapted the chapter in great detail and extensively, so they didn't rush or rush anything, but rather took their time with everything. (So I'm curious to see whether it will actually make it to the Skeleton Island arc, because if it continues at this rate, I have my doubts). But I think it's a good thing, because since I like the series a lot, I hope it continues to amuse us for a while.

Unfortunately, the big hype hasn't happened yet. I expected the thing to go straight through the roof like “Spy x Family”. But maybe that will come in a few weeks.

Next episode will be really cool again with Taiyo's entry into the Yozakura's house. I'm looking forward to seeing that adapted.
Apr 14, 5:05 PM

Jun 2023
Super fun, loved it! My comfort ani atm...
Apr 14, 5:41 PM

Sep 2023
Mutsumi liking that last post was cold 💀 Taiyo has some work to do to become a worthy member of his new family but I'm sure he is up to the task! He even forgot his social anxiety for a while trying to protect his wife!
Apr 14, 6:23 PM
Apr 2021
Another solid episode and even though I saw posts saying this episode was outsourced, everything looks great to me the animation was pretty good especially the part where Goliath was driving the car and the camera went from him to the ppl in the backseat was hella nice👍🏽🔥

This and Yuru Camp gotta be my comfiest anime shows I’ve seen a minute lowkey went back to watch the first episode bc it’s just so chill

I’m in LOVEEE with the aesthetic of the opening and the ending song the 8bit retro aesthetic is so cozy and comfy same with the chill opening song, the studio really knows how make openings and endings the fit the show ong🔥
Apr 14, 7:46 PM
Mar 2019
welcome to the stressful life, Asano. Talk about knowing the family you get married into.
Apr 14, 9:50 PM

May 2019
So if I'm understanding the premise of why Mitsumi is being targeted, it is because as the future head of the Yozakura family with no special power she will give birth to children that will have special powers, and their enemies are targeting her to stop the lineage. So both Taiyo and Mitsumi will need to get "busy" at some point, perhaps after they're done with school.

On a side note I like that Taiyo and Mitsumi are (or will get) married as that's not something I've seen much of in anime. Also, the end scene with Mitsumi's brother asking why Taiyo is moving in... as if he didn't know lol.
Apr 14, 11:15 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to JizzyHitler
I'm so happy Hulu didn't bother to translate all the social media posts that make up a bunch of the humor for this part, last thing id want is for jokes to actually land for non-japanese speakers. Outside of that the adaption still feels kind of like how ep 1 was, where its decent but it just feels like its really not doing the tone justice by keeping things feeling so slow paced when it should be a lot more energetic.

I'm guessing they wont get to the tanpopo arc with how slow this was adapting things unless they skip a ton, this was only 1 chapter and that stuff is like 80 deep. And there ain't no way in hell they were banking on this to be such a success it could have that many episodes to adapt this series slowly cause this shit does not sell and has always barely existed in the magazine. Granted I think a lot of this ep was anime only for some reason if I'm not mistaken.
@JizzyHitler
theyll prob stop right after taiyo awakens his blossom
as climax
or i they go further
the week before the raid
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Apr 15, 2:32 AM

Aug 2013
He got over his social anxiety quite quick; guess there's positives to the downside of living in constant danger.
Apr 15, 6:29 AM

Jan 2017
I have no words but pure cuteness on this show. I feel like I was smiling the whole time while watching because it's just that good. It has the right amount on everything: no nonsense hilarious situations, characters are not exaggerated or too OP, even the romance is not cringey and to my taste. Why didn't I watch this sooner? For now I really like the couple, Shion, and Goliath (cause I like dogs and a dog that drives like a badass? kyaaaa), actually everyone in the Yozakura family. I'm expecting that Taiyo might undergo some spy training and I'm already pumped for it!
Apr 15, 7:03 AM

Jan 2014
Yes, the usual oblivious characters. No ruckus when an explosion happens and car chase with armed mobs. Still, it's one of the most promising manga in shounen jump so I'll keep on watching this.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 15, 10:13 AM
Mar 2015
His first mission ended with a bang
Apr 15, 10:16 AM

May 2021
entertaining, just like the manga (could even say a bit more). ep2 still looks good, thank god!
hope silverlink holds up this quality for 25 more eps!!!(copium)
Apr 15, 7:00 PM
Oct 2019
This Family is nuts!!
Apr 15, 7:59 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Stark700
Taiyo waking up to a knife to his face is kinda priceless. The OP song is alright imo, kinda catchy. We also got to learn more about Mutsumi and her status in the family

Seeing Goliath the cat doing the driving was also hilarious although they got ambushed on the road. They're pushing the responsibility to Taiyo to protect Mutsumi. So far, this definitely feels like a test to see if Taiyo is worthy. The close calls with the bombs at school were examples. Hope he learns not to self doubt himself again...
@Stark700 Goliath is an Okami dog not a cat
Apr 16, 1:10 PM

Nov 2020
It's a goofy series that doesn't try to be logical or realistic in any way, we have a shooting in the middle of the city and the world doesn't react to it in any way, everything continues the same xD
Once again, the oldest brother proves that he is the pillar of this series, without him it would be very boring because everything else is bland.
The couch protected them from the explosion XDD

Honestly, the second episode was much worse imo, but I will watch it anyway, I hope it will be more interesting in the future episodes.
3/5
Apr 17, 3:43 PM

Feb 2019
Fitting that Taiyo’s first mission is to protect Mutsumi. Since she’s the head of the family, that’ll be a recurring mission he’ll have to fulfil. There’ll always be threats she’ll face and he’ll have to find a way to overcome them. Luckily, he got a little help from the other siblings today, but in the future he’ll be alone.

I think this show so far feels like a nice mix of spy x family and Ayakashi triangle. The wholesome and cute dynamic between the leads is very reminiscent of the forger family and then the whole protection aspect reminds me of the leads from Ayatora. It’s nice to get a relaxing action comedy show like this.
Marinate1016Apr 17, 3:52 PM
Apr 19, 8:49 AM
Aug 2023
Ok so the explanation around the heads being the only ones to pass down genes threw me off for a second. If they were to be killed, couldn’t any of the other female members still be able to reproduce and pass down the genes?

I’ve already thought of a counter to this, since taking an ability user away to reproduce would obviously hinder the overall strength off their forces, so I suppose it would make sense to go all out to protect their ordinary heads so that it never comes to that.

Just want some clarity if anyone is able to provide it.
jpexistsApr 19, 9:09 AM
Apr 19, 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
The action scenes just feel so surreal and bizarre that it's kind of hard to not to view the show as a gag or joke but then they try to put in serious stuff like the death of his family. It's a weird back and forth with the balance not seeming to fit. It's still a fun show so far but something just feels off.
Apr 20, 6:53 AM
Sep 2021
Loving this show, the comedy is good, characters are good. Asano's daily life as a spy has just begun.
Apr 20, 9:34 PM
Jul 2022
nice shonen, creo que en 27 capitulos puede mejorar
Apr 21, 1:25 AM
Mar 2024
sdvdvsdvssdvsdvsdfvdfv
Apr 21, 2:32 PM
May 2020
love the new scenes added, looking forward to the next 6 months with this
Apr 22, 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
Ikimonogakari's OP is rather joyful and cheerful, along with CHiCO's ED.

Taiyo's rather welcome call from Kyoichiro, starts off with a rigged time-bomb around his house targeting Mutsumi as the 10th head and leader of the current Yozakura family, and naturally of enemies like assassins surrounding them, be it outside, or even in school, which is his first mission to protect her against Tamaya, a fellow bomber whom Kyochirou worked in the past, and he's a social media nut who displaces his locations of his bombs at a timely pace. Too bad that Taiyo still easily breaks down due to nerviousness.

The last of the 3 bombs figured out at Kyoichiro's room, Taiyo realized it being rigged, along with his own personal bomb, he makes a run for it in order not to incapacitate Mutsumi, which Kyoichiro saved him out of distress, with the entire family backing their efforts as a test, but also capturing Tamatya on the spot.

Oh well, for a first mission, Taiyo did decent.
Apr 28, 5:56 AM

Nov 2016
I thought a cat on a motorycycle was already something else(final episode of Under Ninja) Now I think I maybe know where they had their inspo from.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

28 by lirdrigoniaz »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5

57 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 20, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

45 by Animillion »»
May 19, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

116 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
May 19, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

58 by kitsunetheknight »»
May 16, 2:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.