Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 7:46 PM

Dec 2021
Premiere screening of "The Roar of Victory" for the Hashira Training Arc.
https://demonslayer-anime.com/worldtour2024/info/

Koyoharu Gotouge's Kimetsu is back, possibly for the penultimate season, going into the 9-chapter Hashira Training arc.

MY FIRST STORY x HYDE's opening is definitely an improvement from the last one, though it's still decent.

The episode kicks off with about five minutes of Sanemi and Obanai anime-original scenes, or at least that's what I think. I stopped reading the manga at this point, so I'm just an anime-only viewer now and could be mistaken. It felt like filler, but regardless, ufotable's animation is always top-notch. And let's be real, it's Kimetsu — the animation is always on point. With less than 10 chapters to adapt, there are bound to be plenty of new scenes, especially during the Hashira meeting. Personally, I don't mind, especially when it means more screen time for best girl Mitsuri. Out of anything in this episode, the scene between Kagaya and his servant was a standout moment — it was beautifully executed. The soundtrack and everything else about the episode were spot-on.

You know, one thing that kinda gets under my skin when I'm watching this show is all the screaming and goofiness. I mean, I get it's part of the show's vibe, but sometimes it feels a bit out of place, especially during those more serious moments. Anyway, it's pretty obvious that this whole training arc is just setting the stage for the next big arc, which has got manga readers super excited. But hey, it's Kimetsu — we'll take whatever we can get from it. And yeah, it's becoming pretty clear that ufotable is fully invested in adapting the entire manga. I mean, those over-the-top previews with little to no editing? They're practically screaming how much cash this series is bringing in. So, no surprise they're gonna milk it for all it's worth till the very end.

But yeah, most of the episode is basically exposition. But there were some really cute moments, especially when Zenitsu first sees Nezuko in the sunlight, and pretty much everything with Tanjiro in the infirmary was hilarious. It feels like there's a lot of potential for the events in the future, but I wonder if the show can deliver on that promise. Training arcs are a common feature in shonen anime and can be maybe interesting at times. There's definitely some tension brewing among the Hashira members, and it's nice to see the return of some old faces like Tengen to assist with the training.

The great calm before the storm... is basically how I can sum up this season to be as.

Feb 21, 4:17 AM
Mar 2021
I'm still waiting for 23rd ,booked my ticket on nearby IMAX. lets see where they're gonna take me this time .guys i think they are preparing next arc behind this so much excitements...
Anime Rules the world
Feb 21, 10:04 AM
Dec 2018
how much time does the last episode of previous season take? it it just summary or full 50 minutes?
Feb 21, 11:57 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to salarx
how much time does the last episode of previous season take? it it just summary or full 50 minutes?
@salarx They replay the full episode. I haven't watched it since the season ended but as far as I remember its the whole thing. Then it blends into the new content where they leave the village and the Hashira have their meeting. Honestly, not that much happens. They added some scenes of the snake and wind hashira doing some fighting but there's no big reveal or fight for this part of the story so its a lot of talking and setting up.
Feb 22, 1:53 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to LotteGiants
@salarx They replay the full episode. I haven't watched it since the season ended but as far as I remember its the whole thing. Then it blends into the new content where they leave the village and the Hashira have their meeting. Honestly, not that much happens. They added some scenes of the snake and wind hashira doing some fighting but there's no big reveal or fight for this part of the story so its a lot of talking and setting up.
@LotteGiants "No big reveal" what about the infinity castle scene at end when snake & wind hashira was fighting?
Feb 22, 2:07 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Watched this in cinema, can’t find the MAL entry though

Keen to get into it!! Looks like it’ll be a great arc

Loved seeing the other Hashira skills
Feb 22, 2:10 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Oh damn, looks like MAL removed the last “movie” as well
Feb 22, 3:06 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Einz_Ryan
@LotteGiants "No big reveal" what about the infinity castle scene at end when snake & wind hashira was fighting?
@Einz_Ryan The castle has been shown before. I guess its the first time the characters have seen it. By "big reveal" I mostly meant character related stuff or setting up a specific enemy/fight or something.
Feb 22, 12:21 PM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
This 'movie', is an example of how not to make a movie.

Pretty much 75% copied from the 'Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen' season. And that combined with a 8 minute recap of the 3 seasons before it.

Not worth the money nor time to go to the cinema for. The noises when the movie 'ended' were horrible; it didn't even end properly.

A family was sitting next to me at the cinema. One woman in there had only seen season 1. Needless to say; they were confused. Having a movie that is part of a movie should be possible without having seen the source material (One Piece, Hero Aca, etc.). But this movie falls flat for both fans and newcomers.

I've seen something happening like this before; with the Goblin Slayer movie. Half recap, half new content. Shortly after that, the Odd Taxi movie; 95% recap and only 5% new content. I have no idea what anime studios are smoking these days, but this ain't looking good.

(Also; why do 40% of watchers give this a 5/5 stars? I didn't knew the fanbase would has such a... special opinion.)
Feb 22, 1:03 PM

Jul 2011
I could be disappointed that was the most DBZ moment, having half of the movie being a recap of the last 2 episodes of the swordsmith arc. However was nice to see Nezuko conquering the sun in a big screen, so was okay.

Having more Nezuko scenes, everyone beginning to mustering their forces preparing for the last arc, was fun.

Now wait for season begin, and then wait more 2 weeks for new content.
Feb 22, 3:39 PM

Dec 2020
Just saw it and yah, people gonna be upset about the recap but I think it set up this next arc wonderfully 🔥
Feb 22, 6:07 PM

Jul 2020
Finally seeing this in the cinema today. Should be the beginning of the end for Demon Slayer.

Well I just got back from the new episode and it was really light and fun overall. Here are some more of my thoughts:

1. The opening scene allowed Ufotable to flex a little given how simple the rest of the episode is, with Shinazugawa and Iguro finally getting to fight a bit more on camera. It also really highlighted just how intense the upcoming battle is going to be.
  2. The humour was on point throughout and Inosuke and Zenitsu were finally able to joke around with Tanjiro and Nezuko again. Sad to see just how bad Ubuyashiki's condition has gotten; there is definitely a sense of urgency now with the Demon Slayer Corps losing so many of its team, as well as of course the potential for Muzan to attack Nezuko.
  3. The lore surrounding Tanjiro's mark was interesting to hear and I'm interested to see how it ends up affecting the other Hashira going forward. Also what was the condition that she said comes with the mark??
  4. So Tamayo is being dragged in to the fight. It will be interesting to see how they utilise her knowledge to assist in taking down Muzan. Maybe with some kind of poison that can hurt demons?

Really looking forward to the rest of the season when it comes out in April, even if it will just be somewhat of a build up to the final confrontation.
InfinityDude88Feb 22, 11:55 PM
Feb 22, 10:21 PM

Apr 2014
Just saw it in theaters. The anime only Sanemi and Obanai additional scenes are cool. Getting some more lore about demon slayer marks and giving a glimpse of the overall training regimen was great. This season is going to be one big build up and hype train to the final battle.

Feb 23, 1:51 AM
Jun 2021
Yeah I discovered after going in the theatres that half of the movie was a recap boneheaded i felt the starting of the new arc with Hashira’s fighting was really cool rest of the episode was kinda eh, kimetsu no yaiba ain’t funny for me.
Feb 23, 2:35 AM
Apr 2022
They lowered the number of screens drastically. They listened to the criticisms a bit by removing the op and not making you see the credits midway.

New song felt dry. Good thing is u like the previous recap, there is at least a new fight scene. But new op wasn't good compared to what came before
Feb 23, 4:55 AM

Oct 2014
Just saw it.

Added a few anime original scenes with sanemi and obanai

Also i believe the kanao scene was also anime original. Just happy to hear her talk for a bit <3

Cant wait for the new episodes to come out. Spring 2024 is stacked
Feb 23, 6:34 AM

Apr 2015
Just got back from watching the To the Hashira training premiere and honestly it was good (atleast the first episode of the new arc was but the recaps were a bit too overbearing this time) I know it's a recap movie so my complaint isn't actually a valid one but just wanted to say that lol.
It was still a fun experience in the cinema though.
Also those Obanai and Sanemi anime original scenes were really amazing tbh. My reaction was like this wasn't in the manga I think? and I was right.
Feb 23, 10:42 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Dinoe

Pretty much 75% copied from the 'Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen' season. And that combined with a 8 minute recap of the 3 seasons before it.

Not worth the money nor time to go to the cinema for. The noises when the movie 'ended' were horrible; it didn't even end properly.

A family was sitting next to me at the cinema. One woman in there had only seen season 1. Needless to say; they were confused. Having a movie that is part of a movie should be possible without having seen the source material (One Piece, Hero Aca, etc.). But this movie falls flat for both fans and newcomers.

I've seen something happening like this before; with the Goblin Slayer movie. Half recap, half new content. Shortly after that, the Odd Taxi movie; 95% recap and only 5% new content. I have no idea what anime studios are smoking these days, but this ain't looking good.

(Also; why do 40% of watchers give this a 5/5 stars? I didn't knew the fanbase would has such a... special opinion.)
Dinoe said:

As someone who hadn't seen the last arc nothing about this was confusing. The season recaps are enough to get the overall idea (while you hear the awesome openings) of what's happening too. It's honestly not that deep; this is a show about fighting demons, some of which are powerful. The woman has mad skill issues if she cares enough about the details to be confused but not enough to remember them in the show. Also, not sure what noises you're referring to tbh
I was annoyed we had American subtitles and I was left wondering if it was average Fahrenheit or an insane temperature in Celcius though. And the quality of the visuals themselves was low with a resolution that looked pirated when watching on the big screen (also there was so much CGI which looked bad IMO). Hopefully, it looks less cheap on the small screen lol
I really don't think this counts as a movie though since It's just episodes stitched together to hype up the new season, so I'm not sure criticisms apply
Sayonara!
Feb 23, 10:57 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
watched in cinema. Was fun, finale of swordsmith was epic and dramatic, damn nezuko sequence almost teared me up. This arc feels like it will get dark with fatalities but also epic wtih fights. At least this ep1 felt like great foreshadowing.
Feb 23, 11:13 AM
Aug 2023
Amazing just what I expected from Kimetsu no Yaiba. It was refreshing to see the last episode of Smithville arc. The new episode is spectacular and the new opening is just as I expected and more. No spoilers but the first episode left lots of cliffhangers and who didn't read the manga will be left excited to see more.
Feb 24, 5:07 AM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
Reply to CrazyDragy
Dinoe said:

As someone who hadn't seen the last arc nothing about this was confusing. The season recaps are enough to get the overall idea (while you hear the awesome openings) of what's happening too. It's honestly not that deep; this is a show about fighting demons, some of which are powerful. The woman has mad skill issues if she cares enough about the details to be confused but not enough to remember them in the show. Also, not sure what noises you're referring to tbh
I was annoyed we had American subtitles and I was left wondering if it was average Fahrenheit or an insane temperature in Celcius though. And the quality of the visuals themselves was low with a resolution that looked pirated when watching on the big screen (also there was so much CGI which looked bad IMO). Hopefully, it looks less cheap on the small screen lol
I really don't think this counts as a movie though since It's just episodes stitched together to hype up the new season, so I'm not sure criticisms apply
@CrazyDragy So the cinema's advertising it as a movie, and having people pay for it like they would for every other movie, doesn't mean that it is a movie? I think quite the opposite.

Criticism is important, especially when they wrongly introduce this as a 'movie'. It was simply put; a 30 minute OVA that somehow took 130 minutes to watch. But if you are okay with that, I don't won't judge it. I simply am not satisfied for having a wrongly cinema experience from this. Not only did I theoretically pay 4x the amount as you would for a new experience (since 75% of it was copy-paste from the previous season), but I had to sit through that copy paste too. Along with all the other fans.

If this keeps up, they can basically make 4 movies which each copy 75% of the previous one; which results in 1 'movie with new content' that people payed 4x the original price for (25%*4).
Feb 24, 10:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I thought I'd hate the recap part but seeing some quality Ufotable action scenes on the big screen still makes for a decent experience.

It looks like Ubuyashiki-sama is in serious condition now. Hopefully this won't affect the morale of the Demon Slayer Corps, especially after the rigorous Hashira training for the prospective next generation slayers.

Tomioka-san appears to be even more distant from the other Hashira members, I wonder what his deal is. Saying something like he's not like the others is a little too strong, yikes. Tanjirou picked up on it at some point too, so I'm guessing it'll be covered eventually...

Tamayo-san invited to the Corps main headquarters? They're definitely prepping for a big fight with Muzan and co. Exciting developments!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 24, 11:42 AM
May 2021
Was nice to see demon slayer in the cinemas again but yhh hashira training arc should have been integrated w/ infinity castle. Would make this season more better cuz they r just gonna add anime original content.
Feb 24, 1:11 PM
Oct 2019
People watch KNY for the action and animation, personally I prefer story-driven anime above all.
Well this first episode is astonishing for KNY.
I was surprised to be drawn to the issues of the story and the narration, which was rarely the case previously in the anime.
Maybe people will be less hyped, but it surprised me, so I'm happy with the episode!
Feb 25, 12:58 AM

Dec 2015
The Oganai and Sanemi fighting against demons original scene was amazing. I'm glad they decided to add things here and there to give our hashiras some character development. A necessary improvement, definitely.

The new opening is great, but I also liked that they used the last season's opening song as a credit ending but this time is a new epic orchestal version. It was amazing.
Can't wait to hear it again.

Feb 25, 9:13 AM

May 2015
Are those mindless-looking Oni canon or are they a new thing? I'm asking since the castle part was apparently anime original.
Feb 26, 5:53 AM

Oct 2017
Was surprised to see this out lol but nice.
Feb 26, 7:28 AM

Dec 2022
where did this come from i was taken a back with no warning too
Feb 27, 2:50 AM
Feb 2023
Gotta be honest, they should have made each screening optional because I know the recap and the final episode of the last season. Now for this episode:

Wow did they improve on the manga by a mile. In the manga, it felt so rushed and that everything was so fast and didn’t take its time to set up. It’s great they added scenes for Nezuko, and the other 2 hashiras. As well as tease the strongest one. Great to see Tengen back and like how they aren’t spoiling everything bad that comes with the mark. So this is giving me so much hope that the last arcs are going to get the bleach treatment, where everything gets improved from the manga. Loved the story, still not a fan of Zenitsu’s screaming. However I know they added some scenes with him so that he builds up later, everyone will start missing his screams LOL.

A great start. Looking forward to what they do next. Still hoping they announce when the infinity castle arc starts because that arc is literally the best arc of Demon Slayer and the amount of fights there are worth the wait this arc sets up.
Feb 27, 10:56 AM
Jun 2020
Dinoe said:

exactly this
idk for whom is that recap intended, as it tells nothing

I would rather get 5min recap of previous season than last ep in full
Feb 27, 2:15 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm not against this type of event. It's a nice idea to build a bit of extra hype and possibly make a little money as well. These animations aren't cheap and both, Aniplex and ufotable, have been in the business long enough to know what works and what doesn't. I think everyone knows what they're in for if they decide to go watch this on the big screen, so I'm not sure how you can go watch this and then complain about the content knowing exactly what will be shown to you.

Personally, I had a good time watching the finale of the previous season again but on a nice, big screen. If it were me, I probably would've cut it a little differently though. I would've cut half of the finale and instead shown a bit more of Mitsuri's fight. I think there is enough material you can cut away - especially since this is aimed at viewers who've definitely seen the previous season. Anyways, I think they used the BD visuals with small upgrades but I'm not 100% sure. It still looked spectacular.

The new season seems utterly packed with content. I don't know how they'll be able to put everything that's in the OP into 12 or 13 episodes, to be honest. New enemies, plus training for 3 or possibly 4 characters with every hashira and then some? It's a mystery to me at this point but time will tell.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 28, 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
I think that was the first time I watched an episode of a season in a cinema, certainly an experience. Was surprised how many people were watching.

I knew beforehand that I'd watch the last episode of the last season again before watching something new, but I didn't mind it that much, even though I just finished that season a few weeks ago. New episode was good, though not that much action scenes. But it's a training arc, so no surprise there. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Feb 28, 5:04 PM

Aug 2014
Saw in theatres alongside the last two episodes of swordsmith village. was phenomenal on the big screen!
Feb 29, 3:32 AM
Apr 2023
In imax it was so worth. Content was about 50-50 old swordsmith village vs new. IMAX really brought out the life in all the action scenes. A little heavy on the comedy for the new episode but it’s demon slayer. They gave us some action and some plot lore too so it was overall a really fun experience
Mar 1, 3:59 PM
Jul 2020
Pointless movie.
Mar 10, 9:54 PM
Aug 2019
Very good intro battle and great Hashira meeting!
Mar 11, 4:41 PM

Jul 2022
Pretty good first episode. Makes me wonder how much longer this season will be, the beginning part intrigued me on the castle stuff. Why is Tomioka not partaking? Hm! Iunno. We’ll see!!
Mar 12, 9:36 AM
Oct 2023
it was beautifully animated, and they did serpent breathing justice, not so much wind breathing but still, can't wait for May 12th!
Mar 16, 8:04 AM
Jan 2024
Hashira are cool, sneak peek at new breathing style :D
Apr 1, 10:53 AM

May 2021
Experiencing the fights in IMAX, even with all the recaps, was worth it.

Apr 2, 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, I saw To the Hashira Training movie some time ago, but forgot to leave a comment in this thread, haha.

Leaving the whole movie's content ans focusing on the brand new content, I liked it. The first episode of the Pillar Training arc was a good one. Brilliant looking anime original, action-packed sequence with Sanemi and Iguro looked great on a big screen. It will surely look great on smaller displays, at home, once the regular TV broadcast starts.

The rest of episode was a very solid introduction to the whole arc. It showed a glimpse of what the viewers may expect to see.

Apart from the scene with Sanemi and Iguro, I enjoyed the most two other scenes: Pillar Emergency Meeting, and the scene with Tamayo.

So, in short, it was pleasant to watch.
Apr 13, 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
Great first episode. LOVED the vibe.
Apr 14, 1:38 PM
Apr 2023
I cant wait for it to start. Demon slayer fan that's me guys!!
Apr 15, 5:45 AM

Jan 2009
40 minutes so this is good for 2 episodes

the training arc starts now

they added some fillers as expected too
May 11, 5:40 PM
Nov 2021
How many chapters are adapted?
May 11, 7:01 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Djwhy
How many chapters are adapted?
@Djwhy 4 something chapters with a decent amount of original stuff
Read the visual novel nerd
May 12, 5:46 AM
May 2023
It's really good so far, but I hope they tone down some of the animation for Zenitsu.. They're making a little too many jokes, so it isn't as funny anymore 😭
May 12, 6:15 AM
Aug 2022
time to start another dogshit season
May 12, 8:09 AM

Jun 2019
The next arc has finally started and it looks like they're setting up for future developments as expected. Kanroji bits were so fucking hilarious. I love her. She was cute there. I don't know how people will take this arc but it is an important arc for the future. So, enjoy it. Tanjiro chomping down on food was satisfying to see as well. Many funny scenes which are cute. Nezuko speaking is cute as well. Akari Kitou finally got her chance to speak in the show. LOL. Tajiro's new blade looks amazing. Hashiras are the coolest. Tengen as a teacher is still playing his role in all of this. The training is in full force.

It was a good introductory episode. That's all I can say. But, it was enjoyable. Also, the new OP is nice as well. Pretty art direction as usual from Ufotable.
May 12, 8:16 AM

Feb 2020
Waiting eagerly for the first episode

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WTF with the eyes

peregrintuk - May 20

21 by deg »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Is this arc skippable?

CJustawaye - May 30

32 by Ridzaxster »»
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

120 by sakurasyinks »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

» Return of Hantengu

OroficB06 - May 28

9 by Wendysekai »»
May 31, 7:33 PM

» Who were those 3 women?

BipulGamer07 - May 27

45 by SonikTonik »»
May 31, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.