Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, they really went for an all out climax fight for the finale. Seeing the others suffer at the hands of that Spirit King was rough. Poor Hulemy...but we can see just how determined Lammis is in trying to save her. Thank God she survived.

Not just the most intense episode of the show but might be the most emotional one too. Everyone fought together like a united family. Lol, the ending was kinda cute.

Season 2 announced

https://twitter.com/jihanki_anime/status/1704487320768942395

Jul 2017
Preparing the fight against the King of Souls and its minions are not going to be easy, and Boxxo providing gasoline for the Menagerie of Fools to douse the enemies in fuel is a rather nice strategy. But when it comes to the big bad, it's an uphill battle as Lammis and Boxxo goes for the offensive with the Fools as support, mainly Shui. The stratum lord coin however, it's the most of worries as the battle isn't quite over yet with a black hole, and then a transfiguration into a Netherlord boss who throws his own coin away, and above all, knows who Boxxo is as a human. Escape is inevitable if they try to, and the Netherlord captures both Hulemy and Shui to knock them unconscious, to the worries of Lammis who lost her emotions to anger. There must be a way to defeat the Netherlord, and only both Lammis and Boxxo can now, to use the former's Blessing of Might against it, landing an attack on it to break off its arm.

With the Netherlord gone, it's an emergency to resuscitate both Hulemy and Shui, and Boxxo turns into an AED machine to help on the process, which after quite some time, she is nursed back to health, as is Shui. A certified monster of an opponent reported to Director Bear when they're back on the Clearflow Lake stratum, and this is serious enough to hold a meeting between the lords. For now, they're back safe and sound, and the story spread far and wide to Boxxo's popularity more.

Lammis bringing Boxxo to where they first met, and it certainly was a dangerous journey up until the King of Souls, but for what they went through, it was an experience. As thanks, both Hulemy and Shui giving him a kiss for saving their lives, and Lammis wants in on the jealousy as well, which both grls gave her the push.

Quite the Isekai that is both fun and engaging! I'm ready for Season 2, when it comes!
KANLen09Sep 20, 2023 7:36 AM

Dec 2021
Best iseaki this season already coming to close huh? Sigh.

All jokes aside, the long-awaited battle with The King of Souls had finally begun. With Boxxo's strategic plan in play, the Menagerie of Fools gave their all in facing this unprecedented formidable foe. The members of the troupe fought back, just barely managing to hold their ground against this formidable adversary. After facing a few hurdles, Boxxo and Lammis are able to fend back and defeat the King of Souls once and for all!

Man, I'm really going to miss this show, even though I poked fun at it when it first premiered. I have to hand it to them, they executed the concept surprisingly well, despite the initial absurdity of someone being reincarnated as a vending machine. This latest episode really drives that home. Although the final fight wasn't exactly my favorite, I can't say it was terrible. It's certainly better than half of the isekai finales we've seen this year. Farewell to Boxxo, Lammis, and as a whole Jihanki Wednesdays.

I'll miss hearing that "Thank you very much!"

Sep 20, 2023 7:22 AM

Feb 2019
No way boxxo has a harem now lmaoooo. This was an awesome finale.

And so ends one of the most unique isekai you’ll ever see. Although I enjoyed Lastame and Jitsuoresaikyo more this season, I appreciate how original the author was with a lot of things in this show. Starting with the obvious fact the main character is a literal vending machine, how fights are handled, the variety of machines, etc. Just a really fresh take on the genre.

As usual with these adaptations it feels like the story got going just as this season ended. The netherlord knowing that boxxo is from another world is really interesting and he’s leagues above all of them in strength right now. There’s a long way for Boxxo, Hulemy, Lammis and co. to go before they’re really ready to challenge him.

Fortunately we will get to see that growth happen in a now announced season 2. Excited!

That fight could’ve been really bad had it not been for Boxxo’s AED vending machine. Introducing that to this new world is massive. Can save many lives in the future.

Loved the characters in this one a lot and I’ll miss them. A lot of people probably wrote this off when they saw the ridiculous name, but it’s actually one of the coolest isekai out there. Lot of things that make this one stand out.

Looking forward to season 2.
Marinate1016Sep 20, 2023 7:31 AM
Sep 20, 2023 7:23 AM
Sep 2021
Got a boss battle which was failed by boxxo's team and also overall it was a nice show, and it was better than what I expected.
Sep 20, 2023 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
Cool how the Netherlord knows that Boxxo is from another world. I feel like there is something much bigger going on.
He actually makes a good point about hunting each other imo
I don't think people wake up that fast after being shocked with an AED but okay
The kisses are just funny lol

Say it with me: this was way better than we expected. I especially liked the little scientific elements.
7/10
We've been in a dungeon this whole time so I wonder how does the surface look like in this world.

Edit: Season 2 announced!
This is amazing lmao. Never would've expected this.
Sep 20, 2023 7:33 AM
Mar 2021
great episode. interesting the enemy knew boxxo was reincarnated. I wonder who he really is hmmm
Sep 20, 2023 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
This wasn't that bad at all for its gimmicky premise that got memed a lot, where I quite enjoyed watching the creative ways of Boxxo actually being useful in battle and stuff without being overpowered.

Sep 20, 2023 7:53 AM

Dec 2009
Okaaay, that got weird...er. Weirder.
Sep 20, 2023 7:56 AM

Mar 2020
Good climax to the season, but of course no one was gonna die. Overall, the anime was better than I expected, but it did have its lulling points in the middle of the series that lost me a bit. Some dumb fun to be sure, and I will probably watch Season 2 for the heck of it.

5/10.
Sep 20, 2023 8:01 AM
Apr 2020
Bruh the final seq lol . Overall a good anime loved the adventures maybe it could've been a bit better lets see what season 2 has
Sep 20, 2023 8:13 AM

Jan 2023
A nice episode to end a fun little show.
Not my favorite series of the season, but a decent one, with some funny moments and some good action scenes.

I give a 6 to the whole show!
Sep 20, 2023 8:49 AM

May 2020
First of all, the animation quality should've been, at the very least... decent, which it wasn't throughout its whole run. And that thing is kinda too transparent during the action scenes, which most of this episode consisted of. Though that being that, I kind of actually found these characters and the weekly wikipedia about vending machines good enough.

I mean even until the very end, with that AED stuff.. it was actually again a news lol. Never knew there could be these MANY kinds of vending machines after all. Anyways, no one died and we ended as happily as we could've.

Netherlord or whatever, I'm sure they'd defeat him next time, in that coming second season.
Sep 20, 2023 9:08 AM
Sep 2015
Even in the emergency crisis, Boxxo still prefer auto-message to communicate instead of normal talking, this is what I don't like in this episode. Other than that, it's good point to end the season.
Sep 20, 2023 9:20 AM

May 2015
What happened to the coin that grants any wish? Or are they waiting to collect them all and make a wish afterwards? Regardless, Boxxo is indeed more useful as a vending machine so far. But I hope he'll be able to become human again in the future. An ability to go back and forth would be ideal!

The kisses at the end were a bit ridiculous, but I don't think of is as him acquiring a harem, because only Lammis got truly flustered and she understands him so well even with limited communication. Sooo there's definitely something brewing between those two.

Not sure if I really want to watch season 2, the story itself about defeating this or that monster is not particularly interesting, tbh.

Sep 20, 2023 9:27 AM

Dec 2022
Okay, that finale was everything I had hoped for. We got kerosene Molotovs, Hulemy's tactics, whatever that weird tower pose was. The Soul King already looked pretty tough to begin with, but then he turns out to just be the first form of the Netherlord, one of the Demon King's generals who's much more powerful than any of the Stratum Lords the group has fought. Very cool villain with an interesting hook of knowing that Boxxo's a foreigner.

After Netherlord strangle drain touches Hulemy and Shui to death, Lammis and Boxxo break his bone stick with the power of friendship. I wasn't expecting to feel something today. I also didn't realize how much the captain cares for the members of his guild. I'm not sure if CPR is supposed to have been invented yet, but neither have vending machines, so whatever. Boxxo's AED saves the day!

The people in town are grateful, but I noticed that they're praising Boxxo for his feats. Remember that scene from a few episodes ago where Boxxo feared that people would find him less useful as a human?

And then we have the hilarious final scene. Cute girls giving cute kisses to a vending machine. Final harem count: 4. (I'm counting Suori)
If there's one thing this show left me wanting more of, I would say some more screen time for some of the side characters, but maybe next season. Yeah, for some reason, there's going to be a second season. I know I'll be watching.

Now who wants to write a review for this show using only Boxxo's catchphrases?
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Sep 20, 2023 9:49 AM

Jul 2022
I was about to score an 8 but then that Episode 12 came I watched so its a 7.

Sep 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Jun 2021
It's quite a fun watch. Something new in an Isekai, I found it interesting seeing lots of useful stuff that Boxxo used. Cute, they kissed the vending machine lol Well he deserves all the appreciation. Nice finale.
Sep 20, 2023 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
that was totally enjoyable anime, will wait for S2!
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Sep 20, 2023 10:32 AM
Mar 2019
i enjoyed a lot now waiting for season 2!!
Sep 20, 2023 10:47 AM

Dec 2013
The team was acting too cocky and reckless and needed to learn a lesson in humility but thankfully everyone was fine at the end, it makes you wonder if that Netherlord knows more people from our world and if maybe he could even be one.

This anime was a really nice surprise, you would assume they ran out of ideas but the show ended up feeling quite refreshing and with a lot of heart, S2 announcement and better yet being announced so soon was a great surprise, looking forward to this and the Sword S2s.
Sep 20, 2023 10:47 AM

Apr 2022
A truly befitting bullshit finale to a bullshit series.
Sep 20, 2023 10:51 AM

Mar 2021
Great to see That Hulemy and Shui were able to be saved and glad to see that we are getting a second season
Sep 20, 2023 11:49 AM

Jun 2017
It was fresh and stupid, pretty solid overall so I give it a 7. And we even got S2 announcement. lol
Sep 20, 2023 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
Okay hat kiss was cringe but the fight was okay. I'm a little shocked it got a season 2 but we need more iseaki that aren't just dumb gamer kid getting a bunch of waifus. It was fine

6 out of 10.

Let's hope season 2 raises the stakes and gives us more character development. I hope they stick to Boxxo being a support character than actually fighting.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 20, 2023 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
Happy ending and a setup for season 2. The show was quite alright.
Sep 20, 2023 1:11 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
Best iseaki this season already coming to close huh? Sigh.

All jokes aside, the long-awaited battle with The King of Souls had finally begun. With Boxxo's strategic plan in play, the Menagerie of Fools gave their all in facing this unprecedented formidable foe. The members of the troupe fought back, just barely managing to hold their ground against this formidable adversary. After facing a few hurdles, Boxxo and Lammis are able to fend back and defeat the King of Souls once and for all!

Man, I'm really going to miss this show, even though I poked fun at it when it first premiered. I have to hand it to them, they executed the concept surprisingly well, despite the initial absurdity of someone being reincarnated as a vending machine. This latest episode really drives that home. Although the final fight wasn't exactly my favorite, I can't say it was terrible. It's certainly better than half of the isekai finales we've seen this year. Farewell to Boxxo, Lammis, and as a whole Jihanki Wednesdays.

I'll miss hearing that "Thank you very much!"
IzanaSolos said:

Unkrowned said:
This wasn't that bad at all for its gimmicky premise that got memed a lot, where I quite enjoyed watching the creative ways of Boxxo actually being useful in battle and stuff without being overpowered.

My thoughts exactly, I give it bonus points for actually sticking with the gimmick and keeping the character immobile and nearly unable to communicate for the entirety of the season. Usually the gimmick of kind of shows ends up being a minor inconvenience at best (looking at you Skeleton Isekai, where the MC just put on a helmet and proceeded to act like and be treated like a generic Isekai protagonist for the entire show). It was quite refreshing the same did not happen here.
Sep 20, 2023 1:27 PM

Mar 2019
Even a vending machine picks up more women than me haha.🤣😂

Sep 20, 2023 2:12 PM
Sep 2023
Of course plot armor, I'm happy that these 2 didn't die but authors are too much afraid of killing characters. This vending machine has an harem now lmaoo
Sep 20, 2023 2:12 PM
Sep 2023
Everyone made fun of this when got got announced but actually is an original isekai and was enjoyable. Ironic that got a season 2 instantly
positive 6/10
Sep 20, 2023 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
Lammis being cute as a button carried this show

I'm very happy they didn't pull the "sword isekai" move where he could move and talk thoroughly on his own. Made it a much better watch, even without a loli cat girl

Pretty middle of the road with everything though, so a solid 6/10.

Sep 20, 2023 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
Best anime kiss of all time: 🤣😂

Sep 20, 2023 3:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Kinda funny how the Lord of Souls ended up being not all that, he had some cool powers but he was just a Deadhead with some robes, probably listened to too many Help>Slip>Franks and gained magic powers lol, but the real boss was the Netherlord who appeared after his defeat, now that’s a true mystical Deadhead lol. He even managed to briefly kill Shui and Hulemy which was upsetting, but seeing Boxxo and Lammis’ combined effort to break off one of the Netherlord’s hands was very awesome, and Boxxo did actually revive Shui and Hulemy using another vending machine form that I didn’t know existed which I thought was cool too. And ending on the main girls giving Boxxo a kiss was a funny but oddly hot sight, including Lammis as well although she was unwilling lol, a nice ending indeed.

And that was the end of what I initially thought wouldn’t be that great of an anime but it was actually very fun from start to finish, it’s another uniquely themed Isekai that I really enjoyed to add to the list. Boxxo and his many forms were the main source of the greatness of this show, there were so many situations that were familiar but had a unique twist to them thanks to Boxxo. And of course the waifus were all pretty cute, the vending machine having a harem is kinda unexpected but I’ll take it since the waifus are good lol, Lammis especially. And what do you know, a Season 2 was announced which really surprised me when I saw the email, I’ll take it tho because this was a great time and I’ll gladly watch another season!
Sep 20, 2023 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
Ahahah, this was way too entertaining despite being about a guy reincarnated as vending machine lol

Yup, as expected there was some drama but everyone's safe at the end.

Soul boss was solid.

Can't believe this got S2 already lol!!! Thought the source was short as someone said. Guess there's enough material for another season.
Sep 20, 2023 3:57 PM
Sep 2023
It was relatively weak compared to previous ones.
The main anti climax that after two charters we give little to no care for have their life taken away by magic just to be brought back with CPR.
Sep 20, 2023 4:11 PM

Sep 2016
That evil skeleton design was really cool.
Sep 20, 2023 4:14 PM

Apr 2016
The finale wasn't bad, I was actually expecting to spend his points on the telepathy instead of telekinesis.

Man.... When they kissed it kinda felt goofy, they should've kept his eyes at least lmao.

Excited for season 2!
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 20, 2023 4:29 PM

Jan 2021
Didn't think the series would end with Lammis giving Boxxo a smooch but here we are. Honestly not the coolest action I've seen with Boxxo, the big fire skeleton took the cake for me. But this episode was cool too. We found out they have a demon lord, boxxo battled with the kings general, Boxxo got three smooches and a huge boost in self confidence.

I didn't think I'd like this series as much as I did. But I think that shows the power of "bad" isekai anime. There's just some fun shows to be seen.

Going to watch season 2, gotta see more adventures of this vending machine.
Sep 20, 2023 5:24 PM

Nov 2019
Yoo this vending machine is more popular than me :'(
Sep 20, 2023 7:04 PM

Feb 2019
he liked being a vending machine coz he gets all the ladies to go gaga over him lol
Sep 20, 2023 8:08 PM
Apr 2022
it didn't exceed my expectations, but i did get what i expected. it's like that one time i ordered a plain cheese burger at mcdonald, waited a few moments then i got that cheese burger. anyway, best kisses of the season imo
Sep 20, 2023 9:20 PM

Feb 2021
Wait... That's the ending? I really hope more of it... It was a good journey.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 20, 2023 9:47 PM

Jun 2019
My 240th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Sep 20, 2023 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
he could not defeat the lord but he did shock the dead back to life
Sep 20, 2023 11:59 PM
Nov 2022
This anime is going to have a second season, let's gooooo!!!!

Without a doubt Boxxo being the best male protagonist of the season 🚬

It caught my attention that Boxxo has the ability to move things, why hadn't he used it before? ._.

LammisGODDESS as always being the best, but... why does she blush with a vending machine? ._.xd

Without further ado, the Isekai from which I didn't expect anything and ended up loving it, I will definitely watch the 2nd season.
Sep 21, 2023 12:20 AM
May 2021
2 Fellas almost died in this episode 💀 but boxxo save them nvm. Good timepass anime, vending machine even got a harem of 3 girls lmao 🤣. S2 confirmed let's see what happens there
Sep 21, 2023 2:23 AM

Jun 2020
So it isn’t going to be all fun and game then. I thought the stratum lords are easy pickings but I guess they have to worry about a whole demon lord now who also probably knows that Boxxo is from another world lmao

Loved the wholesome vibes of this anime and that ending wow especially was so cute. Ik they were just kisses but maybe Boxxo ended up with a harem after all 😭 Excited for season 2. 7.5/10 in my eyes
DumbSep 21, 2023 2:28 AM

Sep 21, 2023 2:56 AM

Mar 2008
That was an interesting fight. Im no expert but im not sure chest compressions without mouth to mouth work all that well?

Kissed by three girls? FFS a vending machine is getting multitudes more love than me T-T

Some slow directionless feeling moments here and there through the series but overall pretty entertaining. Will watch second season if im around for it.
Sep 21, 2023 3:10 AM
Apr 2013
EP 12

A weird episode, very different from the rest.

Ok so here we are after 12 eps. Fundamentally, the anime itself wasnt bad, but the issue I mainly had was very similar to kuma bear, the cast screentime is very disjointed and unfocused.
Lammis (and hulemy) despite beiing the main girl, it felt very awkward, and everyone else, mostly hulemy, got shafted very badly. Shui got some screentime towards the end, everyone else not really, it was very eh.

Now the s2 announcement though..hmm. I mean they were hinting at the whole coins thing and whatever the implications here are.
Though looking at the novel it says its on hiatus at 3 vols? I'm so confused whats going on?

S2, it'll be weird to imagine another 12 eps of this, more slice of life and/or action. We'll get to see lammis again, but I'm not super optimistic about the whole thing.
The anime itself isnt bad, its more like, it feels like something is missing. Obviously the main premise of the series is that boxo cannot talk, and cannot walk, which is kind of a bummer. The perspective thing definitely is kind of a drag though compared to maybe some/any other anime.

EDIT: Back in ep 8, they say they need 6 coins because they have 8 members, but uh. Where are the other members? we only see five in total im pretty sure.
CocoaGalaxySep 21, 2023 3:13 AM
Sep 21, 2023 6:08 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Haha, that kiss scene was so silly, but it made me smile/laugh. Anyway, I thought it was a decent enough end to a decent enough series. The big boss was a legit threat to our crew. I'm guessing he will play a bigger role in Season 2. Interesting that he knew Boxxo was from another world. Maybe he is a reincarnated human too? I had been waiting for Boxxo to become a Defibrillator. However, I figured if it happened he would be used as a shock weapon. Didn't expect an actual cardiac arrest situation. Anyway, this show was enjoyable and while it wasn't great, it never really got boring for me either. I will be watching Season 2 when it drops. 6/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

55 by ST63LTH »»
May 3, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2023

87 by ST63LTH »»
May 2, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

51 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2023

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

39 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.