Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2022 8:15 AM

Mar 2015
and that's all folks. wild ride from start to finish. character sometimes feel over the top, and conclusion feel convenient for a good ending. welp, would lies to say i am not moved. 7/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 24, 2022 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Wait, what, that's it!? That was so anticlimactic! I was expecting so much more. How did Shizuka and Marina just change like that all of a sudden!? Wtf happened!?
Mar 24, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2021
the typical start of a doraemon chapter :
- doraemon : nobita-kun , nobita-kun , - mon . wake up , - mon . you will be late if you dont hurry , - mon . nobita-kun , - mon .

page 3 , panel 2 : other kids think black-hair girl is very stinky .

in this timeline , i guess the dog doesnt bite white-hair girl , and they dont send it to the hot-dog factory .

le$bian yuri ending , lol , now the 2 girls are not alone anymore because they have each other .

and i guess in this timeline , azuma-kun falls in love with his brother , lol .

i guess when white-hair girl goes home after the last page of this chapter , her mother will be mad and want to stab her with a broken bottle , so she will use Gaoh Style - Retrograde Moon to redirect the bottle back to her mother , lol , this is a reference to chapter 150 of kengan omega , if anyone doesnt understand , then i will post a picture .
daywithoutgamesMar 24, 2022 9:16 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Mar 24, 2022 8:34 AM
Jul 2019
that ending was hella meh, man i had high hopes for this manga too.
Mar 24, 2022 12:04 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
the ending is kinda disappointing tho, what a sheer waste of its potential
Mar 24, 2022 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
And so it ends, and a happy ending at that. I’m not sure why Authors have always got to end manga on a happy note.
Anyways, I will miss Takopii the most, such a good doodle character. It was sad seeing him wave goodbye and crying.
Mar 24, 2022 12:58 PM

May 2009
Terrible ending.
Mar 24, 2022 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
Like, the ending isn't bad, but damn, my expectations sure made me expect too much from it. It is clear that the story was about Takopi and its mission to bring happiness in the world the went journeying to, and not about the kids on themselves.

The whole thing also was a direct deconstruction of Doraemon from start to finish, so in part, there were definitely a thing or two in here likely shouting out to the rumored real endings that one never got or something, but that goes over my head if it's there.

What's missing in here is context and a proper explanation to what happened for the story to reach this happy conclusion (of a sort). The storyline leading to it is okay (nothing brilliant like some of the twists in this though, but for a short little manga, it makes me look forward for this author's next work if it is to be a more developed tale, I see a lot of potential).

Takopi, the happy alien with a duty to make the universe a happier place, break rules trying to make a kid on earth happy, it doesn't end well, and it time travels to solve the problem making matters worse... repeating that with a new kid it tries to make happy as well. He ends up solving his happy magic mistakes by using his own happy magic existence to repair the time travel device and try making it so the two kids are happy in the end.

That's a perfectly fine way to go, it just felt kinda rushed the way how it was executed here.

Overall, this was a good manga with neat ideas and some surprisingly good twists and shocking moments, plus some efficient character drama portrayal (black humor being a bit riské and all, but compared to Fire Punch from the same magazine, it's not nearly as bleak and acid in that regard, so it's not exactly edgy, as much as that worked fine in Fire Punch's favor).

7+/10
DanpmssMar 24, 2022 2:29 PM
Mar 24, 2022 4:24 PM

Sep 2016
PS4 saves the world
Mar 24, 2022 4:57 PM

Aug 2020
guess im the only one who wasn't disappointed

i just dont want them to suffer anymore man 😔

convenient but I am glad it happened
Mar 24, 2022 8:28 PM

Mar 2016
Felt a bit rushed but im glad the author keeps it short and didnt drag it out.

The ending is a bit anti-climatic and a bit messy but hey, atleast it got wrapped up nicely(?)

From what i think what happen, Takopi's sacrafice to turn back time cause both girls to have dejavu about meeting him and the time they spent together with him (Marina during middle-school and Shizuka during elementary-school). They bond over this (by reminesing about Takopi) and makes them talk it out, becoming friends with something in common (broken familly). Now they atleast have each other.

On the both volume 1 and 2 covers have both Shizuka(on Vol 1) and Marina(on Vol 2) facing each other with their both pinky fingers tie by the "Patch it up ribbon" from the first chapter that Shizuka use to hang herself. The ribbon is suppose to "instantly patch things up and be friends again pi" for the two who tie thier pinky fingers together, alluding to the ending where they both become friends.

That was a short, but good manga. I enjoyed it.

8/10
Mar 24, 2022 8:41 PM

Mar 2016
Also, atleast Takopi was able to complete some of his mission of "Spread Hapiness" to both of the kids. Still a bit sad that he didnt have the chance to talk with his mom for the final time.

Although you were incompetent, but atleast you are able to give a bit of happiness to both kids you were trying to help, Takopi.

RIP you mad adorable alien.
Mar 24, 2022 10:52 PM

Oct 2007
Woulda rather had a tragic end than a forced happy ending, wtf was this?
Mar 26, 2022 4:59 AM

Jan 2011
They still have their family problems, so it's not like everything is magically fixed, but still kind of an eh ending. Since it was a short series, doing it like this does kinda make it work better.
Mar 26, 2022 7:45 PM
Aug 2019
It was a final pretty rushed, but honestly i'm happy of this conclusion. It's not like all their family problems got magically solved, but at least they noticed that they can understand their problems so... a companion on the same thing is better than being alone i guess lol.
Mar 26, 2022 8:15 PM

Jul 2019
That's so sweet that they are friends now <3

This manga was one wacky ride. Was gonna just give it a 1/10 if it kept doing that stupid time-reversal bs at the start because then there'd be no point in reading this, but it changed as it went on, so I am fine with that.

This was all good stuff, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Idk what everyone is saying about the ending being bad, the lack of a dark ending doesn't mean this is bad, it just means your desires were not fulfilled. Kinda knew this was gonna end on a positive note too, these guys are literally fighting their way through the issues. The only sad thing here is the departure of Takopi. But it was a good ending still. Talk to people, get to understand one another, don't be alone. I like that.

8-9/10.
NextUniverseMay 10, 2022 6:55 PM
Mar 26, 2022 11:46 PM
Dec 2018
Adaptation an anime movie, please.

Watch the classics, because there's a reason they become classics
Mar 31, 2022 3:47 AM

Feb 2021
What happened? All's well that ends well I guess. They don't remember meeting Takopii, but somewhere deep inside their hearts they do? I kinda got lost on what's going on after the boy's confession so the ending makes less sense to me. Oh well, it's about 7/10.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 10, 2022 6:32 PM

Jun 2014
I have no idea why this took off so much in Japan, it was mediocre at best as a work...
:3
Apr 19, 2022 6:47 AM

Apr 2016
This was pretty good for a debut 2-volume manga. I did feel like some of the transitions were hard to keep up with, but otherwise it was a good story. Excited to see what Taizan 5 will do in the future. 7-8/10.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 28, 2022 11:49 PM

Jun 2020
not sure about this story in particular but i am very eager to see more from this mangaka
May 10, 2022 3:17 AM

May 2015
The strange mix between its dark tone and cute designs was really something, it kinda reminded me to Madoka Magica, other than that, I expected something more thought-provoking, but for a debut series, it was a nice reading. I still don't get the hype tho.
Jun 19, 2022 4:16 PM
Jul 2011
I’m glad it’s a happy ending. Although it pains me to see she still got the scar in end, pi.
Dec 23, 2022 9:12 PM

Jul 2016
Ngl this ending is a little weird. Still a hell of a ride though.

Wonder if an anime adaption could preserve this manga's art style somehow
Dec 27, 2022 6:17 PM
Oct 2016
I felt it was rushed, it could at least show that takopi could use what he learned to make 2 last changes or something you know. Because it's heavily implied he did changes anyway, so show them to us.

The final message that united them both was communication, which is also what the author urges us to do.

I liked the story
Mar 26, 2023 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
Great ending, some people here just want manga to be 100% depressing so they can brag about how they read edgy stuff.
Mar 26, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2022
Fun read, but I feel that after Takopi got curbed by Shizuka, things went downhill pretty fast. I still don't understand the alternative universe that happened where Marina-chan is now in an all-girls school with a scar on her face, and I also don't understand Takopi wanting to kill Shizuka to make Marina-chan happy at a certain point.

I guess I will have to read a bit more about it. I thought this manga had potential to become something really good,  but it just got lost in its own complexity..

Edit: I looked into it for about an hour and I think I finally understood what happened. When Takopi's head got cracked in by the rock, he remembered his original purpose, the reason why he came to meet Shizuka in the first place. After Marina stabbed her own mother in high school, she blames everything on Shizuka and wishes that she was dead. Takopi takes this seriously and returns back to his home planet to get a time travel device in order to travel back in time and kill Shizuka. However, when he attempts this, his memories are wiped by the tentacle God that Takopi calls his mother.

The reason why Shizuka is not dead in this timeline is because her suicide attempt back in elementary school failed since the rope snapped. After traveling back to 2016, Takopi doesn't remember exactly why he is here. He only knows that he wants to make Shizuka smile. This is where chapter 1 picks up.

It's too bad I didn't pick up on this immediately, it would have made the reading experience much better for me. I kept wondering why Takopi switched from serial-killer to a loving octopus friend. I suppose the ending makes a bit more sense too, but I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of it. I understand that the moral of the story was about people talking things out with their family, but if it was this convenient, all of the divorces and beatings in the story would certainly not have happened the way they did.
playgamewithme14Mar 26, 2023 10:58 AM

Mar 29, 2023 4:28 PM

Mar 2010
Strange manga. A sudden happy ending when the poor innocent and happy octopus sacrifice himself. I really didn't like any of the characters in this.
Apr 4, 2023 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
The manga was interesting but damn the last chapter was underwhelming as fuck. It feels like dozens of chapters are missing for a developement like that.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 5, 2023 12:55 PM
Jul 2020
This is a great manga, and might actually be on my favourites, but it really is hard to say so since there were parts(mostly the ending) that could've been improved that could've made this a masterpiece.

And i fucking love takopii as a character.

Hard to say but this might be an 8+/10, but in comparison to other 8s i give, this one is higher when it comes to my personal taste
Apr 13, 2023 10:07 PM

Nov 2016
It was a good manga, but the last chapter didn't make any sense to me. I, myself, like a happy ending, AS LONG as it executed nicely. Why all the good things just suddenly happened? Is it because of Takopi's happy magice? Why are they suddenly just be friends and thinking it all good, just because they see Takopi doodle? If they can have a 'dejavu' when Takopi used the camera, why did it not happen on the 101 times where the camera is used to save Shizuka's death? It felt really rushed, could have better pacing. At the end of chapter 15, i was thinking "if the manga will end in the next chapter, maybe they will go back to the timeline where Takopi never exist in the first place, and it turns out, everything will be alright without Takopi. And all of these unfortunate events happened because of Takopi's interference, because the title is called 'Takopi's Original Sin'." Thoughts?
Axlt1neApr 13, 2023 10:14 PM
♿250♿KG♿BEAST♿COMING♿THROUGH
Apr 17, 2023 1:38 PM
Jun 2021
The ending was good. I like how Takopii sacrifices himself to make both of them smile (happy), People make say it's anticlimactic, however, if you were to see Takopii's goals from the beginning. He aimed to make them happy. So, guys. Calm down. It is a good ending. I enjoyed this.
Apr 17, 2023 9:21 PM
Oct 2022
I read vol. 1 a few weeks back and it was so overwhelming that I would tear up thinking about it, it made me scared to start with vol. 2, today i finished it and it doesn't feel the same, it still has many messed up moments but it's so confusing with all the time skips that it doesn't give the same effect,
the time skips were so unannounced that i would maybe go 3 pages before noticing.
marina's flashback story was very strong but the ending made no sense to me, how would losing a boyfriend make her mom change so much, after she suffered the same with her husband you think she'd understand.
I don't normally get salty about this kind of things but I had very high hopes for this one i guess
Apr 19, 2023 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
I mean... It was aight.. that was just, really anticlimactic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2023 4:18 AM

Oct 2022
It wasnt bad or anything but that wasnt the ending i expected! So many things didnt make sense and so many things were left unsolved~

👻🎃 🎃👻

May 1, 2023 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
The only resolve I can get behind is that no one is trying to kill one another or manipulate the other for their own satisfaction. That says a lot about how the story tries to diminish violence and cruelty through emotional exploitation. Brushing suicide and deliberately irredeemable, evil parents off with the power of friendship feels empty and frankly, left me with an ill feeling. The entire manga is punishing, dark and continuously filled with trauma. But that's okay because the final chapter wants you to forget about it...
May 3, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2023
Beautiful Ending, Truly.
May 3, 2023 5:10 PM

Jul 2015
Bit of a rushed ending-pi
At least the kids are in a happier state of mind thanks to Takopii, although problems with their abusive parents can still occur-pi

May 9, 2023 6:54 AM

Feb 2012
Feel like they just wanted to have a somewhat happy ending so they sort of a*s pulled things.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 13, 2023 1:59 AM

Jun 2017
Ending was acceptable in terms of what happened. Would've enjoyed it more if it was fleshed out and better paced. I really liked that the resolution is that everyones problem is solved if Takopi sacrificed himself, the theme was that it the solution doesn't always need outsider help, tako was never the solution to their loneliness. The girls bonding through sheer coincidence is is as happy as it will get, and the little bro kid being able to be more honest with himself was a nice touch. The buildup and climax was the peak of the series but the ending felt like a deadline. Ending was written like 4/10 but the series as a whole is an 8 overall. Love it.
EifueMay 13, 2023 2:05 AM
May 25, 2023 3:26 AM
Feb 2023
Genuinely felt sad at the ending, where takopi waved his hand and disappeared.
May 25, 2023 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
Jesus Christ that was sad.
Jun 18, 2023 8:04 PM

Jun 2021
Happy ending but I feel empty pi
Aug 17, 2023 9:30 PM
Oct 2020
RedCat_cher said:
Happy ending but I feel empty pi

Same happy ending but I feel empty
Aug 26, 2023 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
Maybe it's because I binged all 16 chapters at once, but I thought it ended perfectly. It didn't feel rushed. The ending felt satisfying and the only way it could end. The two girls silently reconcile over a mysterious connection, and Azuma's fate is to not be involved with either of them. I really enjoyed it.

For anyone who doesn't know, Taizan5 has an ongoing manga currently called "The Ichinose Family's Sins" and it's really great, it's one of my favorites right now. He's so good at writing twists. 
Sep 1, 2023 7:40 PM
Jul 2021
Un final feliz pero tan triste a la vez... me dejó hecho pico
Feb 7, 3:26 PM
May 2019
i liked the ending. i think it was clear. they didnt magically become friends because they saw the doodle but i think it was the first time the two of them had actually talked. all thru the manga Marina talks AT Shizuka and Shizuka stays quiet and takes it. the whole manga ended on the message that happiness comes from communication and the girls really r more similar than they think so once they really started talking for the first time while they were crying over that doodle i think they quite naturally talked their issues thru

still think it was fucking insane of a 10 year old to come up with a whole scheme to kill a dog. kids love dogs!!
May 1, 1:49 AM

Aug 2018
Lmao. Probably one of the worst stories I've read. Yeah everything just get solved, they changed in a second due to the power of a scribble on a notebook and became BFFs. People seem fine about the ending but come on , these 2 girls hated each other to death and were ready to kill one another you don't Just solve such complex feelings like that. Also none of their root problems were addressed which were the shitty parents.
KanYeeTMay 1, 1:52 AM
May 5, 4:39 PM
Apr 2021
el final me hizo llorar

More topics from this board

Poll: » Takopii no Genzai Chapter 15 Discussion

Maou_heika - Mar 17, 2022

10 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:27 PM

Poll: » Takopii no Genzai Chapter 14 Discussion

Maou_heika - Mar 10, 2022

7 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:24 PM

Poll: » Takopii no Genzai Chapter 13 Discussion

daywithoutgames - Mar 12, 2022

6 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:20 PM

Poll: » Takopii no Genzai Chapter 12 Discussion

daywithoutgames - Feb 24, 2022

6 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Takopii no Genzai Chapter 11 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Mar 10, 2022

9 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.