Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »
May 17, 2020 7:50 AM
Oct 2017
leev said:
I thought its a pretty realistic show. Questions in our heads, "Why did he accept Setsuna if he likes Touma?"

If love is war, I would call her move an encircling movement plus some blitzkrieg. She cornered Haruki to think that she deserves the love, put some speed in her actions towards him, and what you get is a confused boy on whom to choose.
Jul 21, 2020 3:45 PM
Apr 2019
Iconic ending, I mean the kissing in the airport scene.
First 5 minutes were so passionate, like they don't care anything.

I was expecting this sad ending, but lol it really exceeded my expectations. Love Beyond Reach, trully.

I had some character expressssion issue, I think they could have done better with Kitahara. So I'm giving it 9. Probably gonna rewatch after a few months. Happy watching.
Jul 23, 2020 8:47 PM
Jun 2020
Watched this when I was a kid. I honestly liked Setsuna more and no matter how much I looked at it, Haruki was an idiot.
Aug 16, 2020 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
I am glad that my worries did not come true. I worried that Setsuna will kill herself or have accident, like start running away when she saw them and got into car crash. Or other that she is deadly sick and Kazusa and Haruki will have hard time living after knowing this.
So now will they never see Kazusa again and Setsuna still want to be with Haruki? Can he?
Is there continuation of this story somewhere?

Really great and original story. 9/10
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 17, 2020 11:48 AM

Aug 2018
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I am glad that my worries did not come true. I worried that Setsuna will kill herself or have accident, like start running away when she saw them and got into car crash. Or other that she is deadly sick and Kazusa and Haruki will have hard time living after knowing this.
So now will they never see Kazusa again and Setsuna still want to be with Haruki? Can he?
Is there continuation of this story somewhere?

Really great and original story. 9/10

There's the VN if you want
Sep 12, 2020 4:11 AM
Feb 2020
Despair_Queen said:
I know this is late since the anime aired like 5 years ago, but I just finished the anime and want to throw in my two cents. Many on this thread are bashing on Kazusa and pitying or sympathizing with Setsuna. Honestly though, I think Setsuna is at fault here, and this is just fitting punishment for her. Haruki making out with Kazusa in front of her was horrible, yeah, but she already knew that Haruki loves Kazusa and not her. Yet, she selfishly decided to take advantage of Haruki being an indecisive wimp who wouldn't reject her, and confess to him. This is what happens when you interfere with the relationship of two people mutually in love. She should have seen this coming. I'm not saying that Kazusa and Haruki aren't at fault here, but I personally think that Setsuna is the most at fault.

Overall this anime was a 9/10, really enjoyed it but the ending was bad, why did Kazusa still have to leave :( Also, for those hating on Kazusa because she just "upped and left", I honestly can't blame her for wanting to escape from this love triangle bs, and the way I see it, she left so as to allow Setsuna to have back Haruki due to seeing Setsuna as a best friend. The whole cheating thing was just to let herself have Haruki for a while before allowing Setsuna to have him, but she wouldn't be able to handle seeing Haruki with Setsuna, and Kazusa's presence in Japan would cause Haruki to be unable to fully devote himself to Setsuna, which is why Kazusa left. For the sake of Setsuna... Dammit kazusa why do you have to be so self-sacrificial :( meanwhile Setsuna is a selfish bitch

And before you say that Kazusa and Haruki were shit friends by betraying Setsuna, Setsuna was the shit friend first by interfering with Haruki and Kazusa. A true friend would wish for the two of them, who are mutually in love, to be together and have true happiness, not try to get in between them which in turn caused all of them to have a bad end.

^basically this,i like it when someone just straight forward explaining the truth/fact instead of complicated things,dont get me wrong,it is not as simple as it look,specially the character and their situation and reasoning,but still setsuna "deserved" what comes to her in the airport,in fact thats the whole point of that scene,i dont play vn and i dont need explanation for that airport kiss.

basically airport kiss mean to show "haruki true love or the one he love so much is kazusa to begin with and that is his eyes only for her in the end" meanwile at the same time setsuna saw what is the harsh truth,yep thats "love triangle with someone interfere between to people in love that come back to her in the end" with a BANG(they kiss passionately right in front of her face).
Sep 22, 2020 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
zerokarasu said:
Despair_Queen said:
I know this is late since the anime aired like 5 years ago, but I just finished the anime and want to throw in my two cents. Many on this thread are bashing on Kazusa and pitying or sympathizing with Setsuna. Honestly though, I think Setsuna is at fault here, and this is just fitting punishment for her. Haruki making out with Kazusa in front of her was horrible, yeah, but she already knew that Haruki loves Kazusa and not her. Yet, she selfishly decided to take advantage of Haruki being an indecisive wimp who wouldn't reject her, and confess to him. This is what happens when you interfere with the relationship of two people mutually in love. She should have seen this coming. I'm not saying that Kazusa and Haruki aren't at fault here, but I personally think that Setsuna is the most at fault.

Overall this anime was a 9/10, really enjoyed it but the ending was bad, why did Kazusa still have to leave :( Also, for those hating on Kazusa because she just "upped and left", I honestly can't blame her for wanting to escape from this love triangle bs, and the way I see it, she left so as to allow Setsuna to have back Haruki due to seeing Setsuna as a best friend. The whole cheating thing was just to let herself have Haruki for a while before allowing Setsuna to have him, but she wouldn't be able to handle seeing Haruki with Setsuna, and Kazusa's presence in Japan would cause Haruki to be unable to fully devote himself to Setsuna, which is why Kazusa left. For the sake of Setsuna... Dammit kazusa why do you have to be so self-sacrificial :( meanwhile Setsuna is a selfish bitch

And before you say that Kazusa and Haruki were shit friends by betraying Setsuna, Setsuna was the shit friend first by interfering with Haruki and Kazusa. A true friend would wish for the two of them, who are mutually in love, to be together and have true happiness, not try to get in between them which in turn caused all of them to have a bad end.

^basically this,i like it when someone just straight forward explaining the truth/fact instead of complicated things,dont get me wrong,it is not as simple as it look,specially the character and their situation and reasoning,but still setsuna "deserved" what comes to her in the airport,in fact thats the whole point of that scene,i dont play vn and i dont need explanation for that airport kiss.

basically airport kiss mean to show "haruki true love or the one he love so much is kazusa to begin with and that is his eyes only for her in the end" meanwile at the same time setsuna saw what is the harsh truth,yep thats "love triangle with someone interfere between to people in love that come back to her in the end" with a BANG(they kiss passionately right in front of her face).

I haven't visited the thread of the final ep of my fav romance of all time in ever, but imma just leave a brilliant comment by mdz here on reddit:

There's not quite one person at fault within the dynamics of this relationship.

Setsuna's the good girl -- that's what everybody constantly iterates. The audience thinks that she's a good girl. Haruki and Kazusa thinks that she's a good girl. Every minor character, every passerby thinks that she's a saint.

In a sense, she is. In another sense, she's absolutely the most manipulative character in the series. White Album 2's visual novel isn't the highest rated visual novel on EGS [Japanese Visual Novel rating site] without a reason.

Setsuna believes that she betrayed Kazusa. Haruki is not aware that Kazusa had kissed him first. In fact, this is an incredibly large spoiler that's only revealed in Coda. The IC in the visual novel was bereft of most of these details. The anime chose to adapt it.

Kazusa and Haruki know that they betrayed Setsuna. How much more blatant of a betrayal can there be, other than physically cheating [not to say the emotional cheating that went on prior]. What happens when someone cheats? The other party breaks off relationships, and gradually, things rebuild after being shattered.

But what occurs in this case? Setsuna absolutely does not take it out on them. In fact, she thinks that she's the guilty one. This results in Kazusa and Haruki staying in the past. They cannot get over the fact that Setsuna's such a good girl -- that they chose to betray such a good girl.

But such a good girl selfishly refuses to allow the two to move on. Haruki and Kazusa are not sociopathic, they cannot move on without guilt. Setsuna is very important to them. If they were to continue dating, they'd only hurt Setsuna further. If they were to break up, then Setsuna would not have that -- she wants the three of them to be together, she wants genuine love. She wants the impossible, and she'll aspire for the impossible. The two want to be punished, to be condemned vitriolically -- that itself will be cathartic for all parties. If it never happens, it's the same as a boiling kettle never blowing.

Setsuna in the train scene, refused to allow Haruki to further speak. Even when he did enunciate further, his blatant disloyalty, she refused to scold him. She never exploded. She never allowed the built-up anxiety, the built-up guilt to shatter. She never allowed them a cathartic moment. In a sense, she operates benevolently in that she refuses to scold her friends. In a sense, she operates absolutely selfishly, because she wants her desired ending.

Setsuna's without a doubt the most complex character within the series. Everyone calls her 'good', but she believes herself to be the absolute worst. White Album 2's realistic in that it doesn't go for the simple cop-outs. Nobody's going to commit suicide. Nobody's going to go blatantly insane.

A period of bliss is followed by a lifetime of suffering. Pleasure and love will never supersede, will never ameliorate that suffering. But, it will keep the characters going.
Sep 27, 2020 5:36 AM
Jul 2019
*clap* *clap* *clap* I'm speechless. So speechless that I can't write a review for this.

10/10.
Nov 10, 2020 10:22 AM
Sep 2020
I heard that he ended up with Setsuna in the end and decided to choose it .... Is that right? Is it the true end of the anime?
Nov 20, 2020 10:37 PM
Apr 2019
abo_5aySuS said:
I heard that he ended up with Setsuna in the end and decided to choose it .... Is that right? Is it the true end of the anime?
There are 3 ending of the final chapter of the visual novel.
In one he ended up with Setsuna, in another with Kazusa. I forgot about the 2nd route because the story was more fucked up there.

To give you a clue, Kazusa's route has longer gameplay than Setsuna's and it also received multiple after story and drama cd.
Dec 21, 2020 6:47 AM

Oct 2018
For the god's sake, he banged my waifu.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 4, 2021 9:15 PM

May 2015
Still can't believe how they got the balls to be kissing right in front of Setsuna like that lmao. Tbf Setsuna meddles right into the other two's progressing relationship, knowing fully that they love each other, and then capitalized on the Haruki's indecisiveness and got him to accept her feelings in the heat of moment.

A triangle love story that ended up making everyone involved miserable, they all got their own share of faults and the way the series ended is so much realistic. The characters felt alive and I don't regret giving this series a 10/10 rating (might want to check out the VN later)
Jan 8, 2021 9:05 AM
Dec 2018
The most truest ending i've seen 10/10
Jan 12, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2020
I mean, anime was great (ep13 ending was shit tho) but it just lacks something that i can't really pinpoint on what it is. 7/10
Jan 15, 2021 11:31 PM
Oct 2020
I was like really shocked that haruki and touma did that, but at the same time I feel pity for setsuna. Haruki is a bastard for me, i like touma at first but in the end nah... I like the story and drama before festival and I hope they get happy ending.

7/10
I like the songs but not character
Feb 22, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
This was basically a plethora of awful decisions from all involved parties which resulted in the absolute dumpsterfire that was that last scene. Worst thing is I can't even blame them since the anime does a good job establishing the character's motivations and their reasons for behaving as such but damn.

I liked all 3 of the main characters but Kazusa's scenes felt the most powerful to me. Those episodes showing her point of view were pretty great and recontextualized the entirety of the anime up until that point. Girl's as dumb as she is cute though.

You can tell this was a VN adaptation since all of the side characters ended up being underdeveloped as hell, despite hints that there's more to them. Especailly Takeya.

8/10, i quite liked it. Shame there'll likely never be a continuation of this, might have even rated it higher.
Apr 9, 2021 10:53 AM
Dec 2018
With spring 2021 season being so poor, I've been rewatching a lot of the anime that I've enjoyed over the last few years.

I feel a bit more sympathy for Setsuna than I did, her background, her history with her old friends, the importance of friends to her, but I still favour Touma. Touma and Haruki were meant to be together and Setsuna knew that.

Haruki treated them both differently to other people and that's why they both liked him. Setsuna called it when she told him that he was nice to everyone but he didn't treat anyone as special. His mistake was not seeing the progress that he and Touma had made and accepting Setsuna at the first opportunity.

Setsuna knew about the other two early on, from the time she asked Touma to join the club. Her mistake wasn't getting in before Touma, it was thinking that this would work on Haruki and he would always accept that. Things don't work that way, it was almost asking to be cheated on.

Touma, of course, needed to fight more aggressively for Haruki when she had the chance. She probably shouldn't have left him in the music room, but she said she was cold. She was scared because of how her mother had treated her, but he mistake was to not recognise that Haruki was making an incredible effort for someone, far too much if he hadn't liked her.

I think they are all understandable mistakes, to be honest. Setsuna made things worse for herself by trying to keep them all together, she couldn't put herself in Touma's position and realise that this just wasn't going to work. She was jealous when Haruki stayed at Touma's before they even got together, so how did she think that keeping Touma with them and going to a hot spring together was going to work? In the end, I think that Touma liked and needed Haruki more, but Setsuna is more taken by the need to be appreciated by the person she likes. With their personalities, you would think that Setsuna would find another happy relationship way before Touma did, but that isn't her concern.
Gab5Apr 9, 2021 11:10 AM
Aug 19, 2021 1:31 PM
Dec 2019
I love the anime and I hate it.
Sep 21, 2021 10:50 AM

May 2015
Totally skipped this episode. Two times around is enough, once in the VN and once in the anime.

Setsuna being the best manipulator around while not doing so in a planned and calculated way. The actions and choices Setsuna made put her under a more positive light than the other two no matter how you look at it. Of course, you can still think Haruki and Kazusa were meant to be, but this doesn't turn Setsuna in a bad person because, technically, she did nothing wrong.

She worked her best with the club at every moment, got close to Haruki in a normal way. She confessed at the right moment and took the prize. She tried to keep the three of them together with the best intentions in her mind even if she was hurting them by doing so. She never questioned Haruki even if she knew he did the wrong things to her. Her direct way of doing things, exposing all of herself, always doing the 'correct things' without holding back is her strongest weapon.

In the end, when Haruki and Kazusa kisses in the airport they know the consequences, they want to hurt Setsuna, to not keep this a secret anymore, they just want her to lash out at them and punish them in any way because they know what they did was a terrible sin. What they got? A girl crying because she lost, not even a single word pushing them away. Setsuna made the "right" move for her once again, she made the two of them feel bad enough that they won't even think about a long distance relationship after watching that scene while coming out as the perfect victim.

Of course, Haruki couldn't face Setsuna after this. He was crushed by losing the possibility of being with his loved one, he didn't want to be forgiven by Setsuna either even if she was there for him and he probably still liked her. If something, he was probably just feeling dirty by how he did things, by not being as straight as Setsuna. Kazusa was probably thinking the same while in the plane, as she never contacts them again
Oct 5, 2021 11:04 PM
Jun 2019
I really really sad 😭
Nov 23, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2016
Bruh Setsuna deserves better and if I was her, I wouldn't have forgiven Haruki for cheating. Haruki is a little bitch and Setsuna needs to know her worth.

On another note, Haruki is definitely the type to get pegged by Kazusa.
Jan 15, 2022 2:33 AM

Nov 2019
I couldn't stop laughing watching this s***... It's the perfect version of Oregairu, something on par with School Days, and yes, f*** yes, I've trashed Wataru Watari...

SgtBateManJan 16, 2022 3:55 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 25, 2022 11:43 PM

Jun 2020
Title: White Album 2
Directed by: Utaha
Written by: Utaha
Edited by: Utaha
Produced by: Utaha
Composed by: Utaha
Feb 13, 2022 11:55 PM
Oct 2016
So anyone who has read the VN sequel, can you tell me what happens? Did touma end up with haruki or not?
Feb 14, 2022 6:43 PM
Feb 2022
cooroxd said:
So anyone who has read the VN sequel, can you tell me what happens? Did touma end up with haruki or not?

I'd really suggest reading the VN yourself (After where this anime ends is where the real story of White Album 2 actually begins) but here you go:
GethameailFeb 14, 2022 6:58 PM
Feb 14, 2022 6:56 PM
Oct 2016
Gethameail said:
cooroxd said:

I'd really suggest reading the VN yourself but here you go:

Thank you for this.
I find that the anime "Oregairu" draws parallelism and similarities to this anime. Yui being Setsuna and Yukino being Kazusa. Only difference is Yui is less manipulative and knows when she has lost and throws in the towel. Setsuna, like Yui, also has a loving, supporting family that can help her heal from a broken heart but I find that Setsuna can't accept losing and is still more selfish than Yui.
cooroxdFeb 14, 2022 6:59 PM
Feb 14, 2022 7:13 PM
Feb 2022
cooroxd said:
Gethameail said:

Thank you for this.
I find that the anime "Oregairu" draws parallelism and similarities to this anime. Yui being Setsuna and Yukino being Kazusa. Only difference is Yui is less manipulative and knows when she has lost and throws in the towel. Setsuna, like Yui, also has a loving, supporting family that can help her heal from a broken heart but I find that Setsuna can't accept losing and is still more selfish than Yui.

Feb 16, 2022 3:46 AM
Feb 2022
cooroxd said:
Gethameail said:

Thank you for this.

I probably should say this again, but what I said really won't suffice for the story. The part of the story that the anime adapts is quite seriously the PROLOGUE of the actual story. It's largely a set up for the events that happen afterwards. And the anime left out a decent amount for time's sake. The endings I described weren't even a third of the content. I highly suggest you read the VN of you want to properly experience White Album 2.
Feb 18, 2022 7:32 PM
Aug 2021
This is like school days but it’s actually pretty decent. I enjoyed it.
Mar 22, 2022 12:47 AM

May 2019
It's like how others have said, it's like Oregairu and School Days (but actually good). Pretty realistic. Teens are dumb about love, they don't know what they're doing most of the time. Now I'm just dead inside. 8/10 would not watch again. BUT I will definitely check out the VN.
Great_VegetablesMar 26, 2022 12:59 AM
Apr 5, 2022 11:43 AM

Oct 2010
wow, so much egoism, imagine betraying your best friend for sex and the dude was such a loser, what was wrong with setsuna? they fucked till she broke her pelvis, then she has the nerve to say she's sorry, such ugly characters. Also setsuna decided to act like a loser, if she accepts a guy now, she will accept cheating in the future, she needs to move on, she needs honor, there is more to life than clinging to some shithead who cheats on you and even has the guts to kiss a girl in front of you without even breaking up properly.
in the end, kazusa discovered sex, I bet it'll be defining in her music career, haruki banged a hot chick and has chances with girlfriend still and setsuna will forever remain a 2nd pick with no honor.
Jun 29, 2022 10:42 PM

Aug 2017
This was a pretty good show. Poor Setsuna. The guy clearly should have dated both girls. They would not have cut his head off.
Aug 31, 2022 9:55 PM
Oct 2021
The author did us dirty at the end, but uk this ending is much more realistic so i won't complain
Dec 19, 2022 6:47 AM
Feb 2022
haruki bakayaro!!!
Jan 17, 2023 7:22 AM
Dec 2021
10/10 IS TOO LOW
If i could give it a 100 I would do it.

After 80+ romances I have finally found perfection.
Kazusa is the supreme waifu for me. A goddess. She ticks every box, you couldn't create a better waifu even if you wanted to.
AnimeIs4KidzJan 17, 2023 7:29 AM
Jan 17, 2023 7:25 AM
Dec 2021
MoonPhos said:

On another note, Haruki is definitely the type to get pegged by Kazusa.
lmaoo this is so true

Jan 27, 2023 1:24 AM

Apr 2020
Setsuna is the least terrible out of the three. She isn't very manipulative either. Love is selfish, and she was selfish. She knew MC and Kaz were in love, and she stepped in, that's okay. I don't see what she saw in the MC, because I don't think the MC was that great but she found happiness, good for her.

The thing is, Kazusa 'needed' the MC's love more than Setsuna. Setsuna wanted attention, companionship, etc. which is alright, there is no limit for that in life. But it's clear that Kazusa was totally anti-social. So, Kazusa and the MC were 'meant to be'. But, ultimately it was Kazusa's fault that Setsuna started dating the MC first. The MC didn't even know Kazusa liked him until it was very late. She kept herself hidden and stayed inside her comfort zone. It's one thing being simply cold or distant, but it's another staying away from your love on purpose for months.

The MC wasn't as much of a scumbag as the MC in White Album 1, however, he was the 'worst' out of the three. He should've been honest with Setsuna whenever he decided that he loved Kazusa more. The best moment to have denied Setsuna would've been at the very first moment after the concert, but that's excusable since he hadn't figured out who he liked more I guess.

Basically, Kazusa and MC were meant for each other but either suck at communicating or were indecisive, and Setsuna fell in love with the MC too easily. She should've gone to the road trip with her family on her birthday instead.

I don't know how training for two weeks as a band and then performing a successful live concert at school could stretch out into a several month long drama, but I guess stuff like that can/does happen. I like White Album 1 better, it felt a bit more realistic and the love stories in it progressed towards building each character's future, while here it feels like it sorta fell down and turned around.

ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jan 29, 2023 2:52 PM

Nov 2021
Well that was kinda garbage. The whole first half was a set up that lasted too long and the other half was awfully boring melodrama. Setsuna is insufferable, had to power through her scenes. Decent ending, at least mc got to bang best girl of the show and that last kiss honestly made me laugh. They just had to make out in front of Setsuna, deserved and hilarious.
Feb 5, 2023 10:22 PM

Feb 2023
quite a exciting drama story
Feb 5, 2023 10:23 PM

Feb 2023
AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE
--------------------------------
Procreation.

Then Haruki made it very clear to Setsuna what his feelings about Touma were, through words and... actions. Touma felt the same, but still left. Haruki stays with Setsuna because of the promise the three of them made, but their relationship is very one sided.

Ouch, that's one hell of an ending, and I think some people are going to be quite upset. Literally all three of them got a bad end
Feb 5, 2023 10:26 PM

Jul 2022
Didn't expect this to be necroed. Anyways, play the game @Groyu. This is just the prologue.
Feb 5, 2023 10:29 PM

Feb 2023
Say-My-Name said:
Didn't expect this to be necroed. Anyways, play the game @Groyu. This is just the prologue.

I like your idea how we can be friends, thoroughly animek
Feb 19, 2023 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
What is this disgusting opening scene! High schoolers shouldn't be doing this. I know they graduated, but that was like 5 minutes ago. I don't appreciate anime with high schoolers doing this. I was so in love with Horimiya until the episode they did this, after this I couldn't wait for the show to end. This show tricked me. I did not expect much of this anime, but the beginning drew me in. It was so good until the school festival. After that, it turned into a piece of trash.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 17, 2023 10:38 PM

May 2019
Everybody ended in suffering and without any self respect lol, and maybe Touma is pregnant.

Realistic.
Apr 7, 2023 7:43 PM

May 2018
I'm so happy this adaptation exists, I love the visual novel, it's probably my favourite piece of fiction, and the anime is just perfect as an adaptation, literally every episode is a masterpiece to me, and I think I can't say the same about any other anime in my list honestly. Perhaps this is my most honest and true 10/10, and I've read the visual novel and watched the anime many times already, and every time I end up loving it even more. This is a beautiful tragedy, a very well written drama, a deep character study where you clearly relate to everyone in the story. Anyway, this is definitely my favourite thing in the media, nothing comes even close to it. Thank you White Album 2, for delivering such an intense and touching story, and until the next re-watch/re-read of the VN. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 20, 2023 2:27 PM
Sep 2021
So sad ending, if he loves them both should date them together lol at least it's possible to marry two women in my culture lol. Probably will forget his feelings about Kazusa overtime since she is far away now and get attached to Setsuna more and more. Didn't like how they end it really sadly but am glad Haruki and Setsuna are staying together. Wish Kazusa won't regret her choice leaving both of them behind that's all. 
Mo3athoApr 20, 2023 2:32 PM
May 23, 2023 9:52 AM

Aug 2014
Yorginvik said:

The MC wasn't as much of a scumbag as the MC in White Album 1, however, he was the 'worst' out of the three. He should've been honest with Setsuna whenever he decided that he loved Kazusa more. The best moment to have denied Setsuna would've been at the very first moment after the concert, but that's excusable since he hadn't figured out who he liked more I guess.

I don't know how training for two weeks as a band and then performing a successful live concert at school could stretch out into a several month long drama, but I guess stuff like that can/does happen. I like White Album 1 better, it felt a bit more realistic and the love stories in it progressed towards building each character's future, while here it feels like it sorta fell down and turned around.

Oh man, I understand with wanting to tell Setsuna "No" to her confession, but its tough (and maybe dumb) for a guy to reject a cute girl that you know whos confessing to you. Having a relationship with Setsuna was guaranteed at that point, while nothing of a relationship was guaranteed at that point with Kazusa since MC didnt know for sure if Kazusa had feelings for him. 

And good point on how the couple of weeks of training turning into a long drama.  Me personally, im a believer that woman and straight man cannot be just friends, so the fact that they extended this friendship for months without any drama was a little bit unreal. 
Jun 13, 2023 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
They really gave Setsuna a front row seat to that. God damn.

I don't even know how they can talk to each other after the flight.
Jul 30, 2023 9:07 AM

Oct 2021
Ah well, I thought a suicide would happen.
the way they represented the love between them, feels awfully like school days? Actually a lot.
Though everythings such a mess, It's so hard to decide which character was the culprit for all of this mess. He goes and dates Setsuna for a while, then has a hard time forgetting Kazusa. Goes and fucks Kazusa, and now absolutely fucks Setsuna over by kissing Kazusa right infront of her. This is the reason why I found School Days's ending the perfect ending for such an anime. I would've expected something similar here. So I guess the imposter is the boy. He could've found a resolve, but has gone and started a half ass relationship with Ogiso without even thinking for a second about his feelings. Because of this bad decision making, I can't really see how this was a masterpiece according to some. Even though some say OreGairu is a ripoff of WA2, I found OreGairu much better at this. At least 8man didn't do such fuckery over the girls. Anyways, as this seemed to spike a nostalgia effect on me and because the songs were pretty nice, I'll give it a 9. Though I wonder now, what happens next? Who's the real gf now? And why is Setsuna still clinging to him even though she witnessed all of this? Are even the characters retarded? At least the ape-mutated friend tried to stop him from going to the airport. Though I didn't really ship Ogiso and him, I also do not appreciate "cheating". I still liked the overall experience until some late episodes, so the things that happened at the end (even though I did not find it to be a solution), will not change scoring too much. I might also think of an 8 later on. But also the way they handled was also realistic. I mean, it is definitely possible for a guy to fuck a girl that loves him and kisses him in the night. It surprised me though, him pushing her on the bed really got me by surprise. I suppose they also did not use protection, so what happens now? Absolute chaos. Tbh I love it. Just the betrayals got on my nerves a bit. But because they were realistic, I'll still give it a good score.
AsudoxJul 30, 2023 9:12 AM
yes.
Sep 15, 2023 9:34 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to Asudox
Ah well, I thought a suicide would happen.
the way they represented the love between them, feels awfully like school days? Actually a lot.
Though everythings such a mess, It's so hard to decide which character was the culprit for all of this mess. He goes and dates Setsuna for a while, then has a hard time forgetting Kazusa. Goes and fucks Kazusa, and now absolutely fucks Setsuna over by kissing Kazusa right infront of her. This is the reason why I found School Days's ending the perfect ending for such an anime. I would've expected something similar here. So I guess the imposter is the boy. He could've found a resolve, but has gone and started a half ass relationship with Ogiso without even thinking for a second about his feelings. Because of this bad decision making, I can't really see how this was a masterpiece according to some. Even though some say OreGairu is a ripoff of WA2, I found OreGairu much better at this. At least 8man didn't do such fuckery over the girls. Anyways, as this seemed to spike a nostalgia effect on me and because the songs were pretty nice, I'll give it a 9. Though I wonder now, what happens next? Who's the real gf now? And why is Setsuna still clinging to him even though she witnessed all of this? Are even the characters retarded? At least the ape-mutated friend tried to stop him from going to the airport. Though I didn't really ship Ogiso and him, I also do not appreciate "cheating". I still liked the overall experience until some late episodes, so the things that happened at the end (even though I did not find it to be a solution), will not change scoring too much. I might also think of an 8 later on. But also the way they handled was also realistic. I mean, it is definitely possible for a guy to fuck a girl that loves him and kisses him in the night. It surprised me though, him pushing her on the bed really got me by surprise. I suppose they also did not use protection, so what happens now? Absolute chaos. Tbh I love it. Just the betrayals got on my nerves a bit. But because they were realistic, I'll still give it a good score.
@Asudox
This is based on a VN, and I should mention that this isn't a full adaptation of White Album 2. In fact it's less than a third of it. From a story point of view this is the prologue setting up the main character's backstories. This is the nostalgic high school years that ended in heartbreak and failed friendships, that sets the "past" of the main story. Thematically it's meant to contrast with the more grounded modern adulthood of the second part.

Haruki is the way he is because he's a tryhard who wants to please everyone, and as a result pleases no one, and is afraid of making hard decisions even when is always ends up making him miserable. Setsuna's the main culprit in the first part, since she knew full well what she was doing and how it would inevitably end.
GethameailSep 15, 2023 9:38 PM
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.