Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2021 9:39 PM
Jul 2019
Ashhk said:
At least Nozomi didn't really die even though it's just another different one in this world but it's quite depressing to be honest.
Anyway overall that was sure really impressive, it's the proof Madhouse can still make these older original experimental anime but with a modern touch, and it works perfectly this way.

I think that's the message the show is trying to make. We are ultimately defined by our memories, so if the Nozomi we knew from the beginning doesn't have her memories in this new world how can we say that she is really alive?
Sep 30, 2021 9:45 PM
Jul 2019
FinalFlash18 said:
I have this inexplicable feeling in my heart that I keep thinking about this anime over and over for some time now.

I think Nagara and Mizuho went back to a different world where nozomi was alive and not to the one they originally adrift from.
Nozomi made a promise with Nagara that whatever becomes of them in the other world once they go back, they have to become friends again. So I was sad to see Nagara choosing to ignore her and continue to live in a melancholic state.

As much as I want to give it the best rating, this abstract piece of work leaves something more for desire imo. Had it been well rounded like TTG, it would've become my favourite instantly.
I'm sure there will be a bunch of deep meanings in the anime which might get clear upon a re-watch, and yet, I want to treasure this experience and don't want to watch it ever again.

Overall, the artstyle and music was fantastic, and even tho I hate seeing the loose ends and personal interpretation endings, I think it was a fitting coming of age story with a bittersweet message.

Maybe the fact that Nagara didn't ask Nozomi to become his friend again it's because they aren't in the original world. I'm thinking that's just another world, a parallel universe where Nozomi didn't die. So he's not breaking his promise..Still, we have to remember that in episode 11 before Nagara shakes the hand of Nozomi to seal the promise we have a cut. So we can't say for sure that they agreed on the promise. It's the magic of open-ending animes lmao. BTW, I don't even know how to rate the show because I didn't like almost any of the episodes except for 1,2,6,11,12. The problem is that the episodes I liked were enought to make me love the characters and the grand finale.
Sep 30, 2021 9:46 PM
Sep 2020
Big depression ending yikes. It's realistic I guess but oof not what I expected.
Sep 30, 2021 9:49 PM
Jul 2019
Shibo-shonen said:
Wait, what?, that's it? that's the end?

There's a lot of plot holes that they did not explain that much, I could write a whole essay about all the plot holes for every episodes...

I kind of feel left out, I wish there would be some Season 2 or OVA atleast to explain everything... for example what happened to Sensei or the President and Vice President(Hoshi)? Whats the point of their character? I thought they would become antagonist or something... also War? What happened to him and to God?

The ending does'nt makes sense to me...

I agree with you. I don't know how to rate the show since I found the story and its presentation really weak, but the characters good enough to make me want to finish. I'm in love with the final episode, it was painful and beautiful. However, what about the story of the first 6 episodes? I think they tried to set the show as a story-driven anime but in the end, it's just a character-driven anime..
Sep 30, 2021 10:21 PM

Sep 2021
This last episode was amazing. This series was a pleasant surprise and I was intrigued the entire way. I just wish we got a little more from Ms. Aki and some other characters. I still don't completely understand all the themes of this show.

Overall: 8/10

I'll definitely need to rewatch it. However, I'm certain that in the future I'll hold it to higher regard!
Sep 30, 2021 10:27 PM

Nov 2018
Great characters, unique visuals, interesting premise...but dull to watch. I'll call it art, but I can't call it entertaining.
Sep 30, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2019
RadioYactive said:
This ending was very melancholy for me but I loved the anime from beginning to end.

First of all they didn't need to change the ending song for a cover.

Nagara knows he can't change the world and can only live with the choice he made, even if it didn't turn out the way he wanted. This part is kind of sad but as he said at the end their lives were just beginning so I really believe that he and Mizuhono will live a happy life in this dreary world and that they will keep the friendship they developed together (I need to believe that or else you know... depression...)
I'm kind of disappointed that Nagara hasn't kept the promise he made to Nozomi, even if this is a different Nozomi he could have at least talked to her a little more.

Now what lowered the anime score for me were all the things that were left open, from episodes 8 to 10 the development was left open and in the end we didn't know what the goals of the "teacher" were, or who that "War" guy was and why he wanted to kill god.

I was rewatching the episode and I just notice that at the end Nozomi said "I think I'll look after it until it can fly again" and maybe that's the reason that Nagara chooses to not speak with her. It's really open, but it's an interesting message.
Sep 30, 2021 10:50 PM
Jul 2019
CabooseOh said:
What a joyride. The final message from Mizuho to Nagara about him being fine as long as he is a bit like how he was on island hit me pretty hard. Nagara still acts the same but I'm sure he has more confidence in himself after all the experiences he went through. That's why I can be satisfied with this ending. Mizuho and Nagara just spent 2000 years together and have the courage to move on with their lives. Moving on from friends or family is extremely hard but sometimes it is what we need to do to chase our dreams. In Sonny Boys case, they dreamt of making it back home. I feel melancholic now that Sonny Boy is finished. It was a lot of fun to watch!

Only 2 years, right? the 2 thousand years it's from the doggo I think
Sep 30, 2021 10:53 PM

Jan 2020
So who's behind the drift? Nagara, Mizuho, Asakaze, Nozomi, or it's a conspiracy made by four?
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Oct 1, 2021 12:04 AM
Apr 2012
MarcusRomain said:
So who's behind the drift? Nagara, Mizuho, Asakaze, Nozomi, or it's a conspiracy made by four?

Nagara and Mizuho caused the drift. We are to assume that they still CAN cause a drift as we can assume they've always had their powers since the world they are currently in has a power holdover in Nozomi.

This was all based on Science done by Radjhand. It's true because it's based on logic. It's hard for us to accept because the show felt like it was based on real life. But it's not. These guys had powers before they went adrift, we saw this to be true as well.
Oct 1, 2021 12:27 AM
Jan 2016
I understood a good bit of the series and enjoyed it it's weird that i didn't understand stuff when I understood the entirety of serial experiments lain perfectly anyways mizuho was my favorite character she had a certain charm that I couldn't help but like I give this series a 9/10
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Oct 1, 2021 12:28 AM

Mar 2013
Kbenicio said:
FinalFlash18 said:
I have this inexplicable feeling in my heart that I keep thinking about this anime over and over for some time now.

I think Nagara and Mizuho went back to a different world where nozomi was alive and not to the one they originally adrift from.
Nozomi made a promise with Nagara that whatever becomes of them in the other world once they go back, they have to become friends again. So I was sad to see Nagara choosing to ignore her and continue to live in a melancholic state.

As much as I want to give it the best rating, this abstract piece of work leaves something more for desire imo. Had it been well rounded like TTG, it would've become my favourite instantly.
I'm sure there will be a bunch of deep meanings in the anime which might get clear upon a re-watch, and yet, I want to treasure this experience and don't want to watch it ever again.

Overall, the artstyle and music was fantastic, and even tho I hate seeing the loose ends and personal interpretation endings, I think it was a fitting coming of age story with a bittersweet message.

Maybe the fact that Nagara didn't ask Nozomi to become his friend again it's because they aren't in the original world. I'm thinking that's just another world, a parallel universe where Nozomi didn't die. So he's not breaking his promise..Still, we have to remember that in episode 11 before Nagara shakes the hand of Nozomi to seal the promise we have a cut. So we can't say for sure that they agreed on the promise. It's the magic of open-ending animes lmao. BTW, I don't even know how to rate the show because I didn't like almost any of the episodes except for 1,2,6,11,12. The problem is that the episodes I liked were enought to make me love the characters and the grand finale.

Yeah like I said she's dead both in the original world and their adrift worlds, so this world, the duo came back to is a different world where Nozomi is still alive. But that doesn't mean he can't befriend her again. She's still the same Nozomi inside.
Oct 1, 2021 12:36 AM

Aug 2019
hard to decide if this show is a 4 or 5 after this finale, guess I’ll leave it at 4 for right now
Oct 1, 2021 12:45 AM

Jun 2016
escapism... bad!

Oct 1, 2021 12:59 AM
Jul 2019
ULTRA-H said:
escapism... bad!

lmao I was thinking exactly that
Oct 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Apr 2020
Kbenicio said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Maybe the fact that Nagara didn't ask Nozomi to become his friend again it's because they aren't in the original world. I'm thinking that's just another world, a parallel universe where Nozomi didn't die. So he's not breaking his promise..Still, we have to remember that in episode 11 before Nagara shakes the hand of Nozomi to seal the promise we have a cut. So we can't say for sure that they agreed on the promise.
It's actually not much of an open ending. There's my theory about the reoccurrence of birds in the series, and how they represent Nozomi. And, sure enough, there was a bird in that last episode. The bird dies in most of Sonny Boy because of Nagara's inaction, but in this case Nagara now tries to save the bird, and is greeted by a curious Nozomi.

Although very much strangers, she is still the same Nozomi through and through. There is a big chance that the bird would be the start of their friendship, just like how it had happened before the drift started. The bird is still young, but it is in safe hands this time, they only need to take care of it until its ready to fly. Until then, Nagara walks with a smile, looking forward to the future.

Which is a pretty good and conclusive ending to me.
ToraiSOct 1, 2021 2:12 AM
Oct 1, 2021 1:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, honestly, this will go down as a show that I fairly enjoyed the first half of but then gradually almost completely lost interest from there onwards. A tad bit too much metaphorical and abstract in essence for me and I feel like they could've used this episode to answer a few Qs instead and make sense of the whole plot but well, here we are.

As for the episode itself though, it wasn't bad by any means but just fine. I really liked the melancholic vibes and the fairly depressing note they decided to close things off with but why Nozomi and Asakaze lol? The scene of the two running through the worlds plus the ost in the background was amazing though, possibly my fav moment of the show. Also, that was one powerful emotionally heavy ED theme. A fitting close, that, even though we didn't really get the closure I was hoping for.

A part of me wants to give this a generous 6/10 but I'll stick with the 5 for now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 1, 2021 2:30 AM

May 2020
am I the only one waiting for Nomzomi to go after Nagara and do what they promise to tell each other??:
Oct 1, 2021 3:15 AM

Oct 2016
What a surreal and unique experience this show was. It was an abstract piece of art that I can't explain from start to finish. I can comprehend it, but I can't explain it lmao. This show will definitely be one of those shows that becomes a cult classic, it's not for everyone.

Everyone is gone and Asakaze was the only one left, he had all that power, but at what cost. Mizuho and Nagara running through dimensions was amazing. They rerolled the dice and the world they returned to has different probabilities. The more things change, the more they stay the same, but as long as Nagara has that experience in Hateno island within him, then he'll be fine. This is just the beginning of their lives, Nagara can still keep his promise to Nozomi.

I love the acoustic version of the ED, you can really feel the emotions of the singer with his singing, it was perfect for the ending. Overall, I am really satisfied with the show. 9/10
Oct 1, 2021 3:41 AM
Jun 2014
ToraiS said:
Kbenicio said:

Maybe the fact that Nagara didn't ask Nozomi to become his friend again it's because they aren't in the original world. I'm thinking that's just another world, a parallel universe where Nozomi didn't die. So he's not breaking his promise..Still, we have to remember that in episode 11 before Nagara shakes the hand of Nozomi to seal the promise we have a cut. So we can't say for sure that they agreed on the promise.
It's actually not much of an open ending. There's my theory about the reoccurrence of birds in the series, and how they represent Nozomi. And, sure enough, there was a bird in that last episode. The bird dies in most of Sonny Boy because of Nagara's inaction, but in this case Nagara now tries to save the bird, and is greeted by a curious Nozomi.

Although very much strangers, she is still the same Nozomi through and through. There is a big chance that the bird would be the start of their friendship, just like how it had happened before the drift started. The bird is still young, but it is in safe hands this time, they only need to take care of it until its ready to fly. Until then, Nagara walks with a smile, looking forward to the future.

Which is a pretty good and conclusive ending to me.
I love this interpretation thanks.

I anyone has a link to a good explanation of all the episodes... please share
Oct 1, 2021 4:59 AM
Jul 2021
It was pretty sad that Nozomi couldn't remember their journey all along. Here are my thought about the ending:
1, The world that Nagara and Mizuho came back wasn't the actual reality or indeed just another dimension. In that world, only Nagara and Mizuho remembered the story because they were the only one to make it out of the current dimension. Idk but it doesn't make sense since Mizuho only remembered when she dropped the glass (one of the many details i don't really understand). I really like the detail that Nagara seems unsatisfied that Nozomi didn't remember, but he accepted the truth that it was the reality he has chosen and he decided to keep moving on.
2, Remember the scene where Nagara and Nozomi ran out of the school gate? I think that detail stands for when they graduated. Because only students in the secondary school got teleported (or whatever they say i didn't watch the english sub :v) so it makes sense that when students go to high school, they no longer stuck in that reality.
Overall, the show is very meaningful (to me atleast), i also love the mood and that unique style of the series. Probably one of the best show in the season, but it sadly seems pretty underrated :P
(P.S. I relly like Rajidani but he didn't appear on the very last moment of the show, guess he already went back to India :v)
XxMakagOxXOct 1, 2021 5:20 AM
Oct 1, 2021 5:01 AM

Mar 2016
I wish they revealed more about Aki-sensei. Who was she? They gave so many hints that she may not be the real one. She also said her powers are the opposite of Tsubasa's. Does that mean she can put thoughts in people's heads? So, I guess she can use her powers to put images in people's heads too, which helped her look like Aki-sensei. But, why Aki-sensei?

So, everybody suffered some form of misfortune. I wish they all managed to get back, even if their memories weren't present.

Asakaze changed. I know that a lot of time passed for him, but I wish we saw a bit more turning points in his arc before he suddenly helped Nagara this episode. (Also, they could have just used Asakaze instead of building the rocket?)

I had wondered if Mizuho was pretending when she acted like she didn't recognise Nagara. I am glad she was.

I wish Asakaze, at the end, recognised Nagara, since it would let us know that the others also made it out safely.

Who was Sensou? Was that Aki-sensei's true identity? Or, was that a later version of Hoshi? Or, some whole other character?

I know that every episode has a time skip, but I wish I knew when exactly they reached home. Did they never try to contact each other? Especially Nagara and Mizuho?

Nagara grew up to look weird. His social anxiety hasn't improved much, which feels so real!

Asakaze ended up looking hot. And, he actually seems close to Nozomi now.

There are so many things I still want to know. I wish they'd revealed more.

Oh, and the ED song made me laugh.
Oct 1, 2021 5:19 AM

Apr 2016
This is the reason i watch anime, just originality, the ability to make something new, the freedom animation gives you..
This anime is rated 7.6/10, but i hope directors and producers keep this up in the future, we need more anime like this.

This also reminds me why i should not watch only 8+ rated anime, when i find that the majority of the gems are around 7 or 7.5

I cant really find a defect in sonny boy, other than maybe 2/3 weak episodes in the middle, not bad episodes, just a little bit to slow for my taste, like the baseball one, and the one with the two copies trying to kill each other.

I love anime, keep it up.

BTW, episodes 11 and 12 visuals... WOW
Oct 1, 2021 7:12 AM

Dec 2013
Shibo-shonen said:
Wait, what?, that's it? that's the end?

There's a lot of plot holes that they did not explain that much, I could write a whole essay about all the plot holes for every episodes...

I kind of feel left out, I wish there would be some Season 2 or OVA atleast to explain everything... for example what happened to Sensei or the President and Vice President(Hoshi)? Whats the point of their character? I thought they would become antagonist or something... also War? What happened to him and to God?

The ending does'nt makes sense to me...

Hoshi killed himself
Oct 1, 2021 7:13 AM
Aug 2017
dose anyone notice that Nozomi seem fatter in the world that Nagara and Mizuho get back ?
Oct 1, 2021 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
This episode concludes so-called 2nd season of "Sonny boy" (ep.7-12). Ironically, only the two students who wanted to escape from the world at first reached the world Nozomi wished to go, and their memories were intact. The compass which was once Nozomi also reached there with them. (When the principal said "You cannot bring it to the usual world", the girl who works as a part-timer with Nagara now cut into frames. She might have been an active supernatural power holder in the school and helped them to bring it.) Since the destination is all around now, it can't point one direction and keeps rotating its needle.

Two year has passed since the first leap and Nagara is a student of a technical high school and Mizuho is a student of a girls' high school. Nagara went to their junior high school to find her school and went there to see her. But Mizuho who already lost everything at the point pretended not to know him. At the night, she sneaked into the junior high school and tried to find the gates to other worlds in vain. Probably she got a slight idea to escape to other worlds again when she saw Nagara's face. After all, she went to Nagara's school to meet him and reunited. When they part, Mizuho said "You'll be fine as far as you still have guts you've got in that island". This would be words she threw to herself too.

The idea the show tried to convey would be
"You cannot change the world as is, but you do have option. And you can be happy no matter where you are."

If you like this show, you may like "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo" that has a complex time hopping plot, a story in a summer, limited number of characters, no love scene, and bittersweet ending.
Oct 1, 2021 7:45 AM
Dec 2016
don't say goodbye.

My GOAT.
Oct 1, 2021 7:50 AM
May 2016
Hmmm well it was at least interesting. I enjoyed reading everyone's explanations of what happened as I certainly didn't "get it". However like a lot of abstract art, or a joke, it's not as enjoyable if someone has to explain it to me. I think this is a mistake many artists make, you need to make it enjoyable at different levels so even if you can't enjoy it at one you can at the other. I think this is why Evangelion is still popular even if you don't get it's actual message (the same one here from what I can gather escapism=bad), it's still a great giant mecha fighting aliens show. This right from the start though tried to be surreal with no other way to enjoy it (funny it had the Kubrick reference but didn't seem to take anything from his films, Dr Strangelove is still a pretty good superficial comedy despite it's deeper message), yeah the animation was good, but compared to other shows still looked "sloppy" that's probably a bad word to describe it but just comparing it to the similarly surreal Wonder Egg Priority, the "polished" look of that animation to the average person will look so much better.
So while for those who did "get it" this is probably amazing I think it failed to have that cross over appeal for the average viewer and unfortunately that will probably keep it one of those talked about but little viewed shows.
Oct 1, 2021 7:57 AM
May 2016
ULTRA-H said:
escapism... bad!

What show is the third image from?
Oct 1, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 2019
MenchiK1 said:
ULTRA-H said:
escapism... bad!

Erased... I don't think it's bad, but it has a lot of flaws.
Oct 1, 2021 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
my roommate and i really enjoyed this ride. to me, it was a fun surrealist look at teenage angst and growing up and the bittersweet/melancholic but hopeful emotions that come along with it. the ending itself reinforces those themes for me. things might not always pan out as you want growing up but your life is just starting, move forward instead of closing yourself off. you can't really change the whole world, but this is the world where you belong.

i wish they did more with the god and big boob teacher and i won't pretend i understand every little bit of the show, but the central themes were decipherable enough for me. there was also a fuck-ton of exposition/telling not showing, but it was also very emotionally-driven instead of story-driven, so the heavy dialogue worked for that imo.

special shout-out to the OST and the sound design, it was truly incredible. the song for the escape scene, the raygun sound effects in the other episode, the song for episode 6, goddamn they really knew how to hit you hard there. definitely gotta check out toe and sunset rollercoaster now.

both this and Odd Taxi are my AOTY so far, two anime originals that hit the sweet spot but in very different ways. looking forward to the director's next work, hope it's another anime original.
Oct 1, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2020
this was incredible, pretty sure this anime will end up making it up into my all time favourites, and imo it definitely has te potential to become a cult classic. No doubt.
Oct 1, 2021 9:29 AM
Aug 2015
ramenhotline said:
my roommate and i really enjoyed this ride. to me, it was a fun surrealist look at teenage angst and growing up and the bittersweet/melancholic but hopeful emotions that come along with it. the ending itself reinforces those themes for me. things might not always pan out as you want growing up but your life is just starting, move forward instead of closing yourself off. you can't really change the whole world, but this is the world where you belong.

i wish they did more with the god and big boob teacher and i won't pretend i understand every little bit of the show, but the central themes were decipherable enough for me. there was also a fuck-ton of exposition/telling not showing, but it was also very emotionally-driven instead of story-driven, so the heavy dialogue worked for that imo.

special shout-out to the OST and the sound design, it was truly incredible. the song for the escape scene, the raygun sound effects in the other episode, the song for episode 6, goddamn they really knew how to hit you hard there. definitely gotta check out toe and sunset rollercoaster now.

both this and Odd Taxi are my AOTY so far, two anime originals that hit the sweet spot but in very different ways. looking forward to the director's next work, hope it's another anime original.

large part of the music can be this good because shinichiro watanabe (director of cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, zankyou no teror, and many more) take part as the music advisor here. it's unfortunate MAL doesn't list him as one of the staff that working on this project here. but you definitely can find the news of him (watanabe) taking part on this show
Oct 1, 2021 9:32 AM
Jul 2021
ThisIsMakago said:
Idk but it doesn't make sense since Mizuho only remembered when she dropped the glass (one of the many details i don't really understand).

She remembered all along. She dropped the glass to test if things were still static/if she still had the power to preserve things.

When she goes to the school, she's checking all the places where Nagara found entrances to other This Worlds.
Oct 1, 2021 10:12 AM

May 2017
aoty in most likelihood. Great ep, loved the ending. The most fun I had watching a show in a long time.
HagoramaOct 1, 2021 10:17 AM
Oct 1, 2021 10:15 AM

May 2017
btw hoshi was the one that killed himself right? In that frame it looked like hoshi
Oct 1, 2021 11:39 AM
May 2016
Kbenicio said:
MenchiK1 said:

This show or Erased?
Oct 1, 2021 1:57 PM
May 2015
Hagorama said:
btw hoshi was the one that killed himself right? In that frame it looked like hoshi

Yes, that is him...
SevenCezarOct 1, 2021 2:01 PM
Oct 1, 2021 2:46 PM

Mar 2010
They fucked up and went back to a world full of the wagie slavey and lost all their friends, sure they could make more but to live in parrallel universes for ions is way better than going back to some shithole, lolz in da end of the day not realize what you have can fuck up your entire life. Lolz but yea all this midlife crisis stuff was fun. I liked the acid trip part for sure.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 1, 2021 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
Great final episode!

I'm gonna miss this anime. It's one of those anime I'll be looking back on for many years, and it definitely deserves a rewatch
Oct 1, 2021 4:08 PM

Jul 2020
it was satisfying that it ends, knowing that they finally made it back. but at the same time, it was a melancholy ending.
Oct 1, 2021 4:25 PM

Oct 2020
Honestly, that was a satisfying ending, definitely bittersweet. The music used in this episode gave the episode that little boost to the tone. I just love the whole melancholic and "more to desire but unachievable" feel throughout this episode. After all, no one can change the world. Overall, this journey has been pretty mind-boggling. A unique addition to this season.
JamalaNekaOct 1, 2021 4:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2021 4:36 PM
Jul 2021
Reelens said:
ThisIsMakago said:
Idk but it doesn't make sense since Mizuho only remembered when she dropped the glass (one of the many details i don't really understand).

She remembered all along. She dropped the glass to test if things were still static/if she still had the power to preserve things.

When she goes to the school, she's checking all the places where Nagara found entrances to other This Worlds.

If then, why did she pretend to not know Nagara at the first place?
Oct 1, 2021 5:34 PM

Oct 2010
I cried like a b@tch
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Oct 1, 2021 6:13 PM
Jul 2019
MenchiK1 said:
Kbenicio said:

This show or Erased?

Erased, I think SB has minor flaws but will probably become a cult classic in the following years
Oct 1, 2021 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
Incredible episode with cool visuals and amazing music. I really felt this one. Great way to end the season. I'll be thinking about this for awhile...
Oct 1, 2021 8:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, finally i finish binge watching the last two episodes. Its sure was not an easy ride cause y'know the concept really wack at times, but somehow it can be solid when you need this to end. A bit sad knowing everyone decide to not following Nagara way of choosing, to comes back home, and still stubborn, regarding the adrift situations kinda not cleared much. Well, however what they've chose, its their own future concern.

After all, Sonny Boy prove themself can act as a complete original series without having an ambigue incompleted shit story, like a certain original i watch at the beginning of the year. This is also a breath of fresh air concerning an isekai story with a very solidified end plan. So, yeah, cutting all the minor matters, i feel like this is the kind of good end with a very pleasantly unique concept of story.

I am satisfied with how everything's end. Even though some of the part from a certain 'kono sekai' journey happened previously, were not that much good. I determine myself to get this show in a solid 8 list, cause of the music and solid end. Tyvm for the wacky trip in these (previous) season, Sonny Boy, and Madhouse.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 1, 2021 9:02 PM

Mar 2016
the_assasins said:
/snip/

this is the scene where nagara is doing his job. after kicking the trash, she then appeared.

this scene happened where nagara and mizuho try to leave the dimension. this scene happened after we see old geezer god on his wheelchair (indicating the possibility that both of them somehow have a connection)

Holy shit great find on the ponytail girl. I think that implies there are still others who can jump worlds, powers are not necessarily unique to one person. I love details like this because it expands the story's logic/worldbuilding A LOT but does it very subtly. This basically means there are more than two observers; Mizuho and Nagara are not alone. Ofc not like this adds anything to what we've seen, the actual conclusion is pretty clear cut lol, I just love little details like these
Oct 1, 2021 9:26 PM
Jul 2021
Lisk- said:
axitsunfuric said:
dose anyone notice that Nozomi seem fatter in the world that Nagara and Mizuho get back ?

I notice that aswell. If you compare to episodes before that, Nagara seems different too. You can notice Nagara in the drift world seems more cool (his hairstyle is just not the same). Maybe because different time set.

Here's a pic to compare.

It was 2 years later, ofc he'll look different
Oct 1, 2021 9:36 PM
Jul 2019
ThisIsMakago said:
Lisk- said:

I notice that aswell. If you compare to episodes before that, Nagara seems different too. You can notice Nagara in the drift world seems more cool (his hairstyle is just not the same). Maybe because different time set.

Here's a pic to compare.

It was 2 years later, ofc he'll look different

yeah lmao Sometimes people try to read to much between the lines
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

161 by Zorpanur »»
May 27, 2:44 AM

» S2.

aurora_yuuki - Apr 4

19 by Reelens »»
May 26, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

143 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2021

157 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jamk_ - Jun 18, 2021

270 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.