Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THE FINAL EPISODE...I CRY UwU

Nasa, when your cute waifu asks you to rest, YOU'D BETTER LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE. You have worked so hard around the clock, and your fever sickness is the result of that. And when you're sick, the waifu can do 1001 things, and nothing can stop her concern to nurse you until you're back to health.

SO LEWD though for stripping down to the naked body (well, at least half of it). But NOTHING can come close as the bed scene (which is the closest to the couple's lovey-dovey intimacy). Dear husbando, you're quite direct and daring with the waifu for the ending.

Celebrating the summer festival together as a couple,
and Kaname really did ALL the work LOLS. And the last shred of pure body-viewing: Tsukasa's wearing of the yukata (and more lewd kisses AHHHH). Going around the festival together with the entire cast just feels like bread-and-butter at this point, and sure is a battle-fest all over again.

But between both husbando and waifu, may your eternal love hold forever...and the usual cliche of the near kiss. Tsukasa, you're forever Tonikaku Kawaii. What a lovely ending scene under the fireworks...SWEET AS LIGHTNING.

"When Summer comes back around, I want to watch the fireworks with you again.
We'll wear yukatas, eat Takoyaki, and catch goldfish together.
No matter how many seasons pass us by, I'll take your hand and look up into the night sky with you.
Over and over again, like those flowers of light blooming in the sky.
Over and over again...BECAUSE THE TWO OF US ARE MARRIED.
TIME AGAIN AND AGAIN...we''ll always be home."

ANOTHER OVA??? Why can't it be a Season 2?
Oh well, this was by no means a perfect adaptation, but a great one.
KANLen09Dec 18, 2020 8:32 PM
Dec 18, 2020 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Ouch, looks like Nasa got sick this episode so it's up to Tsukasa to take care of him.

A very sweet episode imo. Nasa and Tsukasa showed love towards each other when they need it the most. Tsukasa looks really great in her kimono. The episode made her look like the perfect wife with lots of love and charm.

I also think the festival style with the fireworks fits perfectly for the season finale. 8/10.
Dec 18, 2020 8:34 AM

Jan 2019
One of the most fun shows ends. I loved Tonikawa and immediately want a sequel. I want to appreciate more of this iconic couple!
Dec 18, 2020 8:34 AM

Apr 2020
Nasa is getting aggressive, he kisses Tsukasa's neck when he wants to sleep.

Summer festival! I really like the scene of them seeing fireworks together.

I will miss this wholesome anime, wait so there is an OVA? I'm looking forward to the OVA!
Dec 18, 2020 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
A sweet episode for the finale, we got see our lovebirds all lovey dovey one last time for this season.

A really well adapted anime from the manga. In terms of cuteness I'd say the manga is cuter but Tsukasa with Kitou Akari's voice more than makes up for that. Loved this adaptation, hoping for season 2 confirmation.
Dec 18, 2020 9:13 AM

Apr 2019
Festival episode for the finale. Tsukasa looks really cute in her kimono. decent anime overall, every episode was substantial. 4-5/10

Dec 18, 2020 9:16 AM

Jun 2020
Ah this was a great anime, absolutely loved it. This anime exceeded my expectations in more ways than one.

I said keep your hands on the table
Dec 18, 2020 9:18 AM

Feb 2018
What the heck, that's what I hate about this anime. Ehhh ... Just Ova's announcement, damn .... I'm glad it doesn't go any further. Just for a kiss I watch this.
Dec 18, 2020 9:35 AM

Sep 2018
This last episode once again proved that Nasa-kun is Chad amongs Chads and Tsukasa-chan is best girl and a true Waifu!

There is no info on Season 2 so manga here i come!
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 18, 2020 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
No better way to end the season than with a fireworks festival episode. It wouldn’t be a romcom without one.

What an awesome and fun journey. Enjoyed this show so much. Even though it gave me depression weekly seeing Nasa and Tsukasa’s relationship lol. Luckily we got the manga ongoing and season 2 coming soon!

10/10.

Dec 18, 2020 9:38 AM

Apr 2020
I really like this last episode it was very cute

I hope that eventually season 2 will come out soon! (I hope)
But the anime ended very well
Nina supporter for life💕
Dec 18, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2018
If a second season of this show is announced I can die happier than Nasa
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Dec 18, 2020 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty sweet finale, cute festival episode.

Tsukasa said her body can't get hurt or fall sick, hmm. Was she just saying that as a figure of speech or was she being more literal?

Tsukasa was super cute in that Yukata. I love how Nasa can get really forward with his desires and I also like how Tsukasa always calls him out for it.

Overall, definitely one of my favorite shows of this season. You can't get enough of these simple, cute and pure romantic comedies. Little to no drama, filled with cute adorable moments of blushing awkwardness. It's very wholesome and so very satisfying to watch and just enjoy, always makes you smile. Sure, it's idealistic, perhaps far from reality but it's fiction. If fiction is not allowed to be fiction, then what's the point?

9/10, I hope we get a second season.

Can't stress how fitting the title is for the show, "Tonikaku Kawaii". That's the only reason you ever need.
Dec 18, 2020 9:45 AM
Mar 2019
ova announce but we need the second season. In china an Japan its so popular
Dec 18, 2020 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I always been curious as to what job Nasa actually does but it looks like he works in IT. Have to say his multitasking skills is impressive. But man working so hard that you get a fever huh overboard he went as Tsukasa predicted. It was cute seeing Tsukasa try to think of something to do for Nasa while he was ill though. She really has taken the role of the cute newly wed wife to heart though. Tsukasa's changing head size that reflected her anger though sure was amusing but it was a great way to show her concern. Damm the yukata really served to enhance Tsukasa's beauty. Chitose sure got roped in easily by Aya to help at the stall though. Those words of Tsukasa's sure was heartfelt but really was sweet. Overall a pretty chill finale to end the series with but ending it with a festival where they get to enjoy with all their friends and rivals was a nice move.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2020 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
He is literally becoming a computer -> doing extreme multitasking then overheating lol.
Glad he got his cute newlywed wife to cool him down.
And damn that wiping scene feels become quite erotic will all those talk lol.
Smoochy-smoochy right after he became a little healthier? Naisu, but sadly he is not 100% healthy so not allowed to do more..

Tsukasa looks incredibly cute when ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ wearing a yukata. That conversation in the temple must really deepened their relationship, if it's not max already. Also an album full of Tsukasa pics would be cute.

Definitely a 10/10, a strong contender for the best in both romance and couple of the whole year. As a manga reader I'm 100% satisfied with this adaptation, couldn't ask for more (except ofc I want to ask for season 2 hahaha). Love this series so much.

Dec 18, 2020 9:52 AM

Jun 2019
Such a sweet anime. Such a sweet couple. I definitely want more of this. Also, one of the best we had this season. I really hope for another season of this.
8/10 :')
Dec 18, 2020 9:52 AM

Jun 2012
jaeheek said:
If a second season of this show is announced I can die happier than Nasa

Same!

This was such an amazing show. My Friday's are just not going to be the same again.

Dec 18, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
wow, yet another wholesome episode to end the season off, this anime was pretty enjoyable and really cute. it was pretty cool seeing tsukasa and nasa's relationship evolve over this season. i wonder if we'll get a season 2?

also, never seen blushes like this before lmao
Dec 18, 2020 9:54 AM

Sep 2009
Probably my favorite series of the season. As a guy who is a bit focused on work and so cannot build a family yet I'm digging such stories.

I really do not get why so many haters of it (judging by the reviews). These guys are either trolls or have serios issues IRL.
Dec 18, 2020 9:58 AM
Aug 2020
Happy with the episode, sad that it ended, I looked forward to see this show every week.
We definitely need a second season, there are still a lot thing to watch them do together, a wedding ceremony being the most obvious, then moving to a new place and maybe a eventually get a pregnancy/baby arc

Solid 8/10

EDIT: Seems like they announced an OVA for 2021. Good, I like to hear that, but we need more
PetrusPhoenixDec 18, 2020 10:07 AM
Dec 18, 2020 9:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We need more romance anime like this one, it was very wholesome, I love that kind of romance setting but unfortunately it's too rare.
Almost no hopes for a 2nd season though, at least they announced OVA...8/10
Dec 18, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2010
A sweet ending to a sweet anime
Dec 18, 2020 10:02 AM

Sep 2019
Nasa got really aggressive in this episode lol. Tsukasa was looking great in her yukata (I think a volume’s cover was yukata wearing Tsukasa).

It was a really good and funny show. I loved the cute moments between the Yuzaki’s. I didn’t enjoy the anime adaptation as much as I enjoy the manga, but it still managed to make my Fridays better. 7/10.
Dec 18, 2020 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
definitely gonna miss this series...hmm
Dec 18, 2020 10:09 AM
Oct 2016
I loved watching this show so much. A true outlier among anime romcoms. One that subverts the genre many times. Showing an actual couple in a romance anime is super rare and I'm glad this show did that and even much more. Nasa and Tsukasa are a match made in the stars. Its like they were destined for each other. Their interactions are beyond adorable and cute. I love them together in every scene they're in. One of the best ships this year. The two of them went through many trials to cement their wedded status. Chitose tried her best to break them up along with a few bumps in their road like learning to accommodate one another in their living space. Good that this show didn't make up at dumb drama that drove a wedge between them, lesser writers would've done that and it would've been cheap. Speaking of the writing in this show is perfect for the lead couple. Nasa and Tsukasa are too cute! They match each other well and make me happy in every scene. Going to see Nasa parents to living with Kaname and Aya at the bathhouse, to shopping for wedding rings. It was all so cute and I loved it. One of my personal favorites from this year.

95/100
Dec 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
A sweet episode for the finale, we got see our lovebirds all lovey dovey one last time for this season.

A really well adapted anime from the manga. In terms of cuteness I'd say the manga is cuter but Tsukasa with Kitou Akari's voice more than makes up for that. Loved this adaptation, hoping for season 2 confirmation.

nice pfp XD .... they just announced the ovas for Tonikawa

Dec 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet and Fun,love it!
Can't wait for OVA!!
8/10 for me.
Dec 18, 2020 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
Sad to see this go. I want more and too bad there is no season 2 announcement.

Tsukasa looked really good with that yukata and our boy Nasa was being way too aggressive. XD

Well, time for me to continue reading the manga. 8/10.

Dec 18, 2020 10:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this show is just too cute and wholesome!

Nasa-kun, just about time before he fell ill considering how much of a perfectionist he is. Yuzaki-chan trying to pamper him sure was adorable though. Perhaps a little extra xD but it was definitely charming to watch.

Some further spicy developments too lol. But you just can't keep the two apart, can you? They're truly meant for each other.

Fireworks to end what'll hopefully be the first season of many. Deja vu to Kaguya-sama S1, right?

Pretty tame way to end with the ED though, I must say. Not bad, just to be clear here. I was just expecting something different, perhaps with the ED visuals or something of the sort at least.

All in all, it's been a great watch! While I don't feel as strongly about this series as I initially did during the first two weeks or so (thanks to the Op for that), it's still a pretty darn strong 8/10 from me. Can't wait for the OVA for more cozy and wholesomeness.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 18, 2020 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
Ah well the kisses where much lewder and hotter in my opinion in the manga to be honest

other than that though it was very nice episode
I wonder what the OVA will cover

oh right oh right I forgot but Tsukasa taking care of Nasa always reminds me of this amazing moment

Hinagiku sure wishes she was in Nasa's shoes
DeknijffDec 18, 2020 11:14 AM
Dec 18, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2019
Nasa has gotten bolder and hornier as the story proceeds lol. Well, can’t blame him. He’s married with the (one of the) best waifu ever, after all.

A nice season finale for a nice show. I hope there will be a 2nd season.

But I also think it would be much more enjoyable if there were more diverse set of characters (and less Chitose and her pointless maids). The side characters were so generic that they were the most boring parts of the show.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 18, 2020 10:47 AM

Dec 2015
this was a really sweet episode... EVEN HER ANKLES WERE BLUSHING.
Dec 18, 2020 10:47 AM
Apr 2020
What can I say? This anime is kawaii overload, from start to end. But, it lacks a bit of details in the story such as Tsukasa backstory, who she really is and where she came from. Aside from that, there is no major fight or argument between Nasa and Tsukasa. I guess their relationship is not like that and keeping their relationship healthy. Welp, they can give more details in the future season or in the announced OVA.

9/10

Dec 18, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2010
Very cute show :). Looking forward to the OVA and hoping for more.

Don't know if you noticed but Nagi and Hayate were also at the festival:
Dec 18, 2020 11:00 AM

Jun 2012
Daisetsu-bushido said:
Very cute show :). Looking forward to the OVA and hoping for more.

Don't know if you noticed but Nagi and Hayate were also at the festival:

I swear there is at least 1 reference to HnG in every episode.
Dec 18, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty cute, funny with some highlights here and there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
Ending an anime series with fireworks is pretty cliché. But this wholesome series definitely was entertaining and one of my favorites of this season. Season 2,where u at?
Dec 18, 2020 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
Thank god this show is over with.
Dec 18, 2020 11:12 AM
Apr 2020
My guy Nasa is getting freaky in the bed to bad Nasa this is not hentai
Dec 18, 2020 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Does anybody know what chapter to continue from because I need more of this... like... now!
Dec 18, 2020 11:40 AM
Mar 2015
He and his cute wife make good married couple
Dec 18, 2020 11:43 AM
Dec 2020
Lobe the episode so much. But I think I saw Hayate the combat Butler.
Dec 18, 2020 11:49 AM
May 2018
In the end she has to go back to the moon that's what hurts me the most. I don't think it's a spoiler as this story is similar to kaguya hime's story with a bit of modern touch. But bcs our protags name is NASA he is sure to go to moon to retrieve her. I guess
Dec 18, 2020 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
J-Tea-Chugger said:
Does anybody know what chapter to continue from because I need more of this... like... now!
so like the chapter that happens right after episode 12 is chapter 90
but you should read 45-87 because the anime skipped those now between episode 11 and 12
Dec 18, 2020 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
but you should read 45-87 because the anime skipped those now between episode 11 and 12

Wait really? That's probably where I was getting confused... so chapter 45 onwards, cheers!
Did they just skip all the chapters in-between in the anime then?
Dec 18, 2020 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
J-Tea-Chugger said:
Deknijff said:
Wait really? That's probably where I was getting confused... so chapter 45 onwards, cheers!
Did they just skip all the chapters in-between in the anime then?
yeah yeah so 45-87 all got skipped now for episode 12
the OVA thats coming out next year seems to be covering chapter 59 and 60 though which I recommend you read if nothing else ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 18, 2020 12:14 PM

Nov 2019
Lot of Tsukasa telling things about having only one life, her being immune to diseases and injuries, etc. On learning these events occur way down the manga, obviously it's something the author is relentless on pointing out...

Another sweet episode where Nasa gets sick due to oblivious engagement in work, and wifey dedicating herself to his care. Rather lukewarm ending with the overused fireworks stuff.

A well earned 7/10

Actually it nearly got a 8, but repetitive events like Nasa's hornyness, ctrl+c ctrl+v smooches and Chitose's grumpiness fill up a lot of the storyline. Just 12 episodes also means lack of a well-rounded story presentation and side character development. Also episode 11 was significantly weak. My favorite parts were Tsukasa and father-in-law interaction, Nasa's dialogue with Chitose regarding the marriage, their first kiss at the church and that opening song . Animation, music and art were plain and there's not much to talk about regarding direction, because the source material itself does half of the job.

Hopefully a second season gets announced, so that I can read the manga along with it.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Dec 18, 2020 12:20 PM

Dec 2015
"I don't get sick". I guess this pretty much confirms she isn't a human and the story will go on fictional territory near the end.
Ngl, the show gave a little hope they would finally smack, but I guess for the target audience that would took away their "purity".
The show overall just wasn't really that interesting. I found it surprising it had a comedy tag, because I couldn't really see the comedy in here. And the whole "cuteness" aspect of the show doesn't work for me because it only relies in their immatureness. An immature couple done right can be cute, like in Tsuki ga Kirei, but not only the "cuteness" in here is just pretty standard anime stuff, you have the whole premise about they being married, which make stuff in here annoying. In the end, the story seems like what a 12 year old would envision a marriage life could be, and I'm genuely surprised so many people loved this show (maybe the maturity of the overall audience from anime is decreasing). 5/10
Dec 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2019
A wonderfully adorable show comes to an end.

For a show whose whole premise is based on speeding right into marriage, they're really going slow with what I assume the overarching plot is. We've had heavy handed foreshadowing that Tsukasa is some sort of supernatural creature, but we haven't even come close to our MC figuring that out. Maybe I'm off base and he'll just never figure that out (meaning we won't either). Still, I expected at least some insight into her identity by the end of this season. Instead, the story leaned heavily into the slice of life genre for the last three episodes. I love slice of life as much as the next sad boy, but it felt like the plot ground to a halt.

Hopefully we get a season two that explores Tsukasa a bit more.

Regardless, I've enjoyed my weekly dose of cuteness. Solid 7/10.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

226 by Zeno »»
May 11, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.