Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
uninstallthegame said:
EpsilonX said:
Awesome battles, but Hiro being healed by re-gaining his motivation seemed like a bit of a cop-out to me. He had a giant tumor-looking thing on him, how would simply changing his resolve to fight solve that?

i'm sure they'll come up with some "scientifically accurate" explanation to this next episode, maybe from that dr. metaljaw

Gainax/Trigger anime have never been studios to really base their anime on cutting edge real life science, just look at Gunbuster, TTGL, Panty and Stocking, KlK or whatever

Expecting some kind of an explanation for this other than "Hiro is really compatible with Zero Two and/or has great power of will" is foolish and then this anime is not for you
Feb 17, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2016
GangsterCat said:

top meme material right there

LMFAO, that's gold right there
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 17, 2018 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
Six episodes in, and I honestly still don't know exactly how I feel about this show (but it does seem to be getting better compared to the 1st few episodes). However, in terms of spectacle and pure entertainment, this episode was an easy 5/5. Looks like Hiro has overcome whatever problem was plaguing him last episode, although I have a feeling he's not completely out of the woods just yet.

Also, it was a bit unexpected to me to see the name of the show as the episode title. I definitely thought that wouldn't happen until the finale.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 17, 2018 10:35 AM
Dec 2014
Yup I think I'm gonna drop this the episode made me fall asleep it was action packed but I didn't not care for anyone in this episode purely because everyone is so damn cookie cutter and generic is this the best this show could do ? really ?
Feb 17, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
Very nice episode,the presentation was really top and I was entertained,unfortunately I still don't really care much for the characters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2018 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Six episodes in, and I honestly still don't know exactly how I feel about this show (but it does seem to be getting better compared to the 1st few episodes). However, in terms of spectacle and pure entertainment, this episode was an easy 5/5.

Yeah,pretty much how I feel about this anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2018 10:37 AM
Apr 2017
incest is wincest

this is the best episode so far without a doubt. and i freaking called it last week. i knew hiro wasn't dying anytime soon.

YukiJudai_100 said:

can't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when hiro doesn't die. im willing to bet a dollar on paypal hiro ain't dying after the third time. it's way too early in the series for him to be dead. if he dies it'll probably be in the last episode. nothing but good things in the series so far đź‘Ť

although that aspect was predictable i had a great time watching. can't wait to see the next episode. when this series is over im definitely buying some merch to support and im gonna wear the hell out of it.
Feb 17, 2018 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
Somehow, I liked how happy Mitsuru was at the end.
I'm surprised none of the other group died, they seemed like redshirts, but they survived at the end.
Feb 17, 2018 10:40 AM
Jan 2018
This ep confirmed that 02 is in love of hiro! And hiro love 02!
Feb 17, 2018 10:41 AM

Dec 2017
cupc said:
uninstallthegame said:

i'm sure they'll come up with some "scientifically accurate" explanation to this next episode, maybe from that dr. metaljaw

Gainax/Trigger anime have never been studios to really base their anime on cutting edge real life science, just look at Gunbuster, TTGL, Panty and Stocking, KlK or whatever

Expecting some kind of an explanation for this other than "Hiro is really compatible with Zero Two and/or has great power of will" is foolish and then this anime is not for you

guh, c'mon, i'm not hating on the show. i'm just saying that it would've been better if there was some reason to it, other than "just because" writer wanted it to be that way

but you know, i'll enjoy it either way
Feb 17, 2018 10:42 AM

Jan 2009
no one died, nice one lol

Hiro's disease is now controlled by him

and looks like the elites are here

Feb 17, 2018 10:43 AM
Jun 2016
Cant wait until we get the complete series for blu ray going to buy it
Feb 17, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2015
"9 Iota" -> Iota is greek and can basically be interpreted as "10" -> 910 = 016 turned on its head.
Feb 17, 2018 10:46 AM
Jun 2016
Sparteh said:
For the first time after a long time and disappointment which was Aldnoah Zero I decided to watch mecha. It has potential, but what's with this soundtrack... If soundtrack during fight was a bit better, I would have rated this as nearly perfect mecha anime episode...

When they first launch(hiro/zero two) to fight the mobs that was amazing OST it has the potential
Feb 17, 2018 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
uninstallthegame said:
cupc said:

guh, c'mon, i'm not hating on the show. i'm just saying that it would've been better if there was some reason to it, other than "just because" writer wanted it to be that way

but you know, i'll enjoy it either way

I've seen quite a few people raise this as an issue so I bit on it, just wondering what people were expecting if not exactly this going in to a Trigger anime, a rather light, easy to consume mecha anime with some darker twists
Feb 17, 2018 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
Ruined by the sex metaphors.
The giant monster is obviously a giant black penis that kept pounding 02 till she bled.
The director needs to stop putting his ntr fetish in this.
Feb 17, 2018 10:49 AM

May 2016
This was a great an episode except for the fact just by strengthening his resolve again and boom he is completely healed something like turning into a have Kloxoaur was much better than this.

This show would have been much better if they put aside the dirty talk in it I mean seriously that ruins the show, and if only they have given more information about the world they live in and explain their situation, we only know that humanity now lives in these small cities and there monsters attacking them.
Feb 17, 2018 10:51 AM
Apr 2012

Wait, a mockery of the Antagonist Twins trope? Count me in.
Feb 17, 2018 10:54 AM
Mar 2017
Liked it but this was so awfully awkward
Feb 17, 2018 10:55 AM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
Ruined by the sex metaphors.
The giant monster is obviously a giant black penis that kept pounding 02 till she bled.
The director needs to stop putting his ntr fetish in this.
That makes it even better.
Feb 17, 2018 11:05 AM
Jan 2018
When I saw the pv, I expected this ep to be just a lot of "random" fighting scenes with an inconclusive end and nothing to add to the plot, but wow! That was some pretty amazing fights, the animation was perfect, it was amazing when that giant cube pulled a transformer, the synchronism between the 26th squad members was also cool to see, the part where Zorome save his leader from getting crushed was incredible too, and then they showing they were not a dead weight.

I am not caring much for Hiro and Zero Two tbh, also expected the two to be fine at the end, but I must say, that moment when Zero Two went savage after Hiro getting unconscious was somewhat a surprising scene imo, and then Hiro pulled out some shounen protagonism powers, wow! (not complaining, just comenting).

Goro and Ichigo were my favorite couple this ep, with Goro once again proving he is one of the best characters in the show. I like how he pushed Ichigo towards Hiro on that scene before the fight and I like how he acts like an emotional pillar for her.

Also:

Fuck! That's such a cute cry face!
bhfcs000Feb 17, 2018 12:56 PM
Feb 17, 2018 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Ultimate friendzone
Monster pounding
Hiro manning the fuck up
Shit went down and shit got dealt with
New peeps show up

Basically this episode in a nutshell. It's definitely the best episode so far but of course this series is gonna suffer the stupid sexual metaphors that detract the value of the plot till the end.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 17, 2018 11:20 AM
Jan 2018
Show's ok so far, just gonna have to accept that its not gonna surprise me. I like shows bout the power of love/willpower as much as the next person but was hoping for something a bit different. Eureka 7 does this better and with less sex metaphors.
Feb 17, 2018 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty great action episode this week.

Ichigo took one for the team by not confessing her true feelings to Hiro. She is truly showing an unprecedented amount of maturity and responsibility as a leader.

In this week's episode, our team fights a giant... metal Charjabug?

Of course with the power of love, our main duo will prevail. No explanation needed. Also the animation towards the end felt like something straight out of Gurren Lagaan, which is an extra plus for me.

This episode is also by far the most visually striking, with a few scenes of absolutely stunning art direction and character animation. The scene with Zero Two acting possessed (?) and struggling to survive against the klaxosaur attack was particularly well done and very dramatic.

And... to end the episode off, a blonde Hiro appears! Seriously, why does he look so much like Hiro. Someone please fire this character designer (jk).
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 17, 2018 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
Damn, almost cried! Hiro witnesses Zero Two's fighting alone and he got the resolve. The cut-scenes inside the cockpit is so epic and beautiful!
Feb 17, 2018 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
i am enjoying the show so far but idk it is a little bit childish i feel disappointed bcz with the same dialog they could have created a gem but the design of the mecha and the battles are sooo bad i would really appreciate a more adult version of this for this 27 years old guys writing here -____-
Feb 17, 2018 11:47 AM

Oct 2014
wait... Ichigo's love war is over? Holy! Even Eraser-kun had more plot. -_-
Well, at least now she can turn into a meme.

Don't care about the shonen anime-like miraculous climax and conclusion. (or more like: this is Trigger. Very expected.)

Although I only wished they had covered more about Naomi.
I mean: it's clear that Hiro sees her as someone important, and similar to Naomi, he too feels bad about what happened between the two.
Actually, that was the conflict in Hiro for these first 6 episodes, how Hiro failed to synchronize with everyone he was partnered with, and that 02 symbolizes a promise for the future he wants.
That's why Naomi was on his between-death imagery, right? Bcs she's supposed to symbolizes Hiro's past, and Hiro's inner feelings.
But they cut her dried (figuratively and literally,) forced us to to eat a set of menu of:
- Naked 02 and the other girls' asses (not that I complain about this one, though ;))
- Ichigo's half-arsed sinking ship romance development (and the trio's friendship, which I still hope will get explored deeper,)
- "I want to fly" meaningless idiom
- and sexual metaphors in the dialogue.

Oh look I finally am able to word the reason why I found this series stupid! Better save it somewhere in case I need it.
Feb 17, 2018 11:51 AM
Mar 2015
Lick_My_Anime said:
Liked it but this was so awfully awkward

they dont know about the meaning of this and dont forget that the have no idea about relationships between genders ........... they dont even have proper names -_____-
Feb 17, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2017
I didn't like this episode. I think the biggest problem is the action. The action is hard to enjoy because of the confusing shots and low frames that makes it hard to see what's going on at points. For an episode where almost all of it is just action scenes, the action is not fun to watch. It doesn't feel grand at all, just lackluster.

Another problem I have with the action, is how OP Strelizia is. I know that's the point when they overdo it that much, it makes all the other Franxx, including Squad 26, look so lame and boring to watch in comparison. It takes all of Squad 26 to take out one Klaxosaur while Strelizia was able to do that cool thing where they stacked them all on top of eachother and send a blast of electricity through them. I understand that Stelizia should be OP but its not fun to watch when every other Franxx is so comparably limited.

How I would prefer it would be if the action was less grounded. The robots already have anime eyes, lips, and unnecessary boobs, I don't see the harm in hamming up the action too. It feels like for the crazy robot designs and interesting weapons they don't use them enough to do crazy moves. If everyone was able to do more varied and fun things with the Franxx, just keeping them not as cool as Strelizia, I think the whole OP problem would be much lessened. It's just weird to have all these cartoony robots just tying the enemies up and stabbing them while only one of them is really doing something creative with their toolset. People might disagree with me saying that's the point but it's not entertaining to watch, the animators don't do the more grounded action very well, and I personally think it wouldn't be out of place in a world with anime eye robots controlled with the power of love.

The whole coming back to life thing felt cheap but I won't count it against the episode until we get an explanation. I liked last episodes' character interactions more. Ichigo saved the episode with her cute expressions.

(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Feb 17, 2018 11:56 AM

Feb 2018
Fappa said:
"9 Iota" -> Iota is greek and can basically be interpreted as "10" -> 910 = 016 turned on its head.

I totally agree.

I think this man knows Hiro, they are very similar ...
Feb 17, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
Only I had the idea that these monsters also are something like Franxx, and they are also piloted by someone? In particular, they are also clearly mechanical and have various forms, including humanoid.

In any case, I do not know the thoughts of Ichigo about their relationship, but everything looks as if in this episode she finally losing his heart forever.
Feb 17, 2018 11:58 AM
May 2017
I hope that this show gets like a Limited Edition Release on Blu-Ray in a year or two.
Feb 17, 2018 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
Tomlora said:
Fappa said:

I totally agree.

Blonde Hiro's twin brother? If so, then this makes the story of the appearance of parasites even more confusing.
Feb 17, 2018 12:01 PM
Nov 2016
Damn, Hiro really isn't a cuck anymore.
I don't understand what that blue thing was on Hiro, I mean, it healed by itself so that's a plus.

The action scenes were pretty well done.... I am impressed.
Feb 17, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
I hope that this show gets like a Limited Edition Release on Blu-Ray in a year or two.

It will cause JP and the rest of the world like limited things.
Feb 17, 2018 12:10 PM
May 2017
If any figures of Zero Two are made, would you buy them?
Feb 17, 2018 12:13 PM
Jan 2018
peh-soh-nah said:
How I would prefer it would be if the action was less grounded. The robots already have anime eyes, lips, and unnecessary boobs, I don't see the harm in hamming up the action too.

I agree the actions been bothering me as well, the mechs are supposedly unique yet all they've done each fight is kinda punch a bit till Strelizia dive bombs and 1 shots the monster.
Feb 17, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2018
RobertBobert said:
Tomlora said:

I totally agree.

Blonde Hiro's twin brother? If so, then this makes the story of the appearance of parasites even more confusing.

The parasites are probably not humans...
And we follow a group considered special by all the others ...
They also say that Hiro would be the most special of them ...
They speak of him as a legend ...
Feb 17, 2018 12:30 PM
Jul 2016
Ehh this episode was decent as usual. Nothing in this show has yet to stand out to keep me excited for the next episode. This ep had so much potential but ruined it near the end with the cliche "never give up, your friends need you now go save the day with deus ex machina on your side"... I was enhanced into the hype bait so i'll say the action scenes are well animated; however it's nothing on the level of it's predecessors: gurren lagann and kill la kill.

Hopefully this anime improves it's writing and characters ebcause 02 is literally the only interesting character... I'm fine with bland characters that are aleast badass and can handle themselves in combat, but these guy are nothing like that. They literally get their asses kicked 24/7 until 002 & hrio saves the day.
Hell hiro is just another generic "chosen one" mc with girls all over his dick for no reason.

As of now Darling in the franxxx is awarded a solid 6. I have faith in trigger.
Feb 17, 2018 12:31 PM
Apr 2013
Why isn't Strelizia able to freely transform between humanoid and beast mode?

I was hoping to see Strelizia doing free flow combat utilizing all of its abilities like how Gundams and Transformers do it.
Feb 17, 2018 12:33 PM
Aug 2016
Was almost willing to drop it until watching this episode. Great action, soundtrack was lit and finally the build up is done. Now I hope it starts going somewhere bcz honestly everything that has happened was basically what we saw coming
Feb 17, 2018 12:34 PM

Apr 2012
Tomlora said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, I would not be surprised if they all turn out to be artificially bred people, genetically modified clones or something like that.
Feb 17, 2018 12:35 PM
Aug 2016
EgregorMason said:
Omggggggg best fucking anime ever, best anime of the year, best mecha anime ever. Butthurts are over 9000 !

Please watch Evangelion, Gurren Lagann and Gundam IBO before saying stuff like that
Feb 17, 2018 12:42 PM
Mar 2009
Okay now after the conclusion of "Will Hiro die or not" we will shift the the question to"How special is Hiro from another parasites"
Feb 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Feb 2018
RobertBobert said:
Tomlora said:

Well, I would not be surprised if they all turn out to be artificially bred people, genetically modified clones or something like that.

I just hope he will not try to break the couple Hiro / 002.

It would break everything this history has built on these 6 episodes ...
There are enough unresolved questions to avoid a "love story" ...

002 has no reason to change partners after they have just lived, knowing that Hiro is the only one she listens to, the only one with whom she is not aggressive, and especially the only one to have survived more of 3x ... I will be very very disappointed.
He is the only one who manages to calm her (in the robot here, indirectly with the rain in episode 5 and shares a rather similar past ...).
Hiro is also the only one for whom she has an interest ... If she changes her partner, it breaks everything, or it shows that she does not care about hiro (although, there are many signs that show the opposite. .. She says "i don't care " to all around her surely to protect herself, but her actions are different ...). From the beginning, she only has eyes for him that she calls "darling"

We'll see...
Feb 17, 2018 12:51 PM
Mar 2009
Cant unsee this do you, Goro?
Feb 17, 2018 12:53 PM
Oct 2015
I really wonder how will they explain Hiro's recovery or if he Will turn into a hybrid as 002, but I don't think so since she was born that way.
What that Nine said at The end "Nine Iota" I wonder if he was refering to 002 and if he was, why? I get that "the nines" are a group which fights in the front lines and that 002 was fighting there too, but why refer to her as "Iota" it doesn't even sound anything like her Code.
Last episode they said that 002 Will retur to The front lines, I guess the Nines are here to pick her up, and if so, Will they also Take Hiro? Guess we'll see in the next episode.
Sad face for Ichigo tho, she's a good girl, and a good leader, she even sibling-zoned herself for The good of Hiro and The whole squad.
I always thought 002 had something sad and cute in her, I mean, it was obv that she felt like a monster not because of her horns but because all of her partners died, and prolly she cared a lot of her first partner, and she prolly was heart broken when he died because of her which has led her to convince herself that "the weak Will die" so she could go on fighting, also kinda hyped to Learn her reason to why she fights.
Overall epic episode, The appearance of the Nines at The end kinda killed my vibe but I guess that was supposed to be the "cliffhanger" of the episode even if it didn't feel that way to me.
Feb 17, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
KuroRyuu234 said:
I really wonder how will they explain Hiro's recovery or if he Will turn into a hybrid as 002, but I don't think so since she was born that way.
What that Nine said at The end "Nine Iota" I wonder if he was refering to 002 and if he was, why? I get that "the nines" are a group which fights in the front lines and that 002 was fighting there too, but why refer to her as "Iota" it doesn't even sound anything like her Code.
Last episode they said that 002 Will retur to The front lines, I guess the Nines are here to pick her up, and if so, Will they also Take Hiro? Guess we'll see in the next episode.

It is implied that all these kids have something inhumane in them right from the start. In the case of Hiro Zero Two simply awakened his potential just how she offered it to him in Episode 1.

"Nine Iota" refers to Hiro as it stands for 910 which is Hiro's code flipped on its head.
Feb 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Feb 2018
KuroRyuu234 said:

Fappa said :

Edit : You're too fast Fappa :x

And this character and Hiro are very physically similar.
Feb 17, 2018 1:05 PM

Mar 2016
This is the best episode so far in this continually amazing and entertaining series.
I've never been this in my toes watching an anime episode since Yugioh 5Ds, Arc V, or BHA 2
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

318 by SenseiSempai-san »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

600 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

567 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

332 by JIBRIPASCUA »»
May 25, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.