Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 8, 2017 9:11 AM
Feb 2016
yesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2017 12:49 AM

May 2015
Gonna have some good fap material with saiko and grown up hinami.
Oct 9, 2017 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
I sure hope Kaneki is in this. I mean it would be sort of okay without him but there'd be that feeling of something missing just lurking in my mind. We can only hope for the best, I guess.
Oct 10, 2017 1:11 AM

May 2015
crestiec said:
I sure hope Kaneki is in this. I mean it would be sort of okay without him but there'd be that feeling of something missing just lurking in my mind. We can only hope for the best, I guess.

Kaneki died sorry to say.

:(
Oct 10, 2017 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
Ok, lets see how much can they f it up this time. I' m looking forward to see how are they going to handle all the plot holes they created with rushing the source material in the first season and changing the plot in the second. The anime only viewers will be confused as f, while manga readers would probably be pissed if pierrot butcher the plot again.

Oct 10, 2017 10:46 AM

Aug 2015
jedman said:
crestiec said:

What? When? Say what? I don't read the manga. Please don't tell me... Oh dear.
Oct 11, 2017 7:43 AM

May 2015
crestiec said:
jedman said:

What? When? Say what? I don't read the manga. Please don't tell me... Oh dear.

Sorry just trolling lol.

Youl have to wait and see though, try and avoid spoilers if you can.
Oct 11, 2017 8:25 AM
Sep 2017
I love tokyo ghoul but i dont think this season will make it
Oct 16, 2017 9:03 AM
Oct 2017
thepath said:
StupidNewB said:
~2018 is going to be awesome!~

I forgot to mention this one
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36432/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_III

if we get all of them, this might be the best yet :D
Oct 20, 2017 3:44 AM
Jun 2017
So.... does the anime follows the manga series 100% or not?
Oct 21, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2016
What? Come on! Tokyo Ghoul needs a reboot, not a sequel!
LeoEarlSpilnerOct 21, 2017 11:03 AM
Oct 23, 2017 1:12 AM

Aug 2013
Jesus fucking Christ. The cancer has come out of remission.

I could only pray to whatever god would listen that Pierrot isn't doing this season as well...but with how much money they were able to rake in despite that Rowandan genocide level of an adaptation they called "Root A", I don't see Pierrot just casually handing over the milking train to another studio.

Though literally the only way this is going to work is if they Retcon Root A and pretend it never happened (essentially what they're doing with HS DxD Season 4), or they revisit the ending of Root A in the first episode and basically re-do it as a flashback and make the re-booted flashback canon.

Anything else and it'll be fucking garbage. It's Pierrot though so I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they tried to continue :Re off of Root A's ending and just fuck up the story 1000x more. Taking all the fucking brakes off the train to hell.
Oct 23, 2017 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
fullmetal-ghoul said:
I can't see a way this will work. Even if they adapt the manga well (which is highly unlikely, because... Pierrot) Re works so well because it builds on part 1, and the anime doesn't exactly have much to build on. TG is a character driven show, and the characters in Re build on their development in part 1 (Kaneki, Touka, Suzuya, Amon etc) and none of the characters were portrayed well in the the anime, so I'm really don't see how this is gonna work. Oh well, I hope the Qs are written well, the fights look good and chapter 125 is animated well.

Hard for characters to be portrayed well when Kaneki didn't even fucking speak for 9 episodes in Root A and all of his important scenes from the second half were either altered or removed.
Oct 23, 2017 1:19 AM

Aug 2013
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
I've seen so many remarks about how Root A highly diverges from the source material (I didn't watch it because Pierrot), but based on what my friend who has been watching it on Toonami told me, a most of it seems to match up. However I haven't read the previous manga in over a year and also the Tokyo Ghoul Wiki is kind of lackluster so I don't really know.

But in all honesty, :re is confusing enough to where Root A isn't even a factor here. I'm still not going to watch it because I'm still feeling iffy about the manga, though.

Wait, so you're saying your friend that watched Root A on Toonami told you that most of the scenes from the manga matched up with it? If that's the case he either lied to you or never really read the manga. Bad friend.
Oct 23, 2017 1:20 AM

Aug 2013
Rayzer said:
MechKingKillbot said:
RIP Tokyo Ghoul if Pierrot does it.
My expectations are gonna be low unless Madhouse or Bones are going to do it.
Oh please, Pierrot done a lot of good classic and even recent anime.
It's just TG was all over the place, so they cut the shitty drama and go straight for the action.

You obviously never read the manga then. They cut out all of the drama and went straight for the action? Uh fucking where? Root A had like 2 fight scenes in the entirety of 12 episodes, and kept all of the drama. They literally removed fight scenes.
Dec 16, 2017 12:35 AM

May 2017
Robiiii said:
Also pls adapt chapter 125
hahahahahahahahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2018 7:06 PM

Jan 2017
first they should reboot Tokyo Ghoul anime from the beginning, following the manga and not cutting half of the events, and then they can go for :re. This is pointless.
Feb 4, 2018 8:19 PM
Mar 2014
I agree that the whole anime should be redone.
Feb 6, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2017
Tokyo Ghoul:re (manga) is bad, but pierrot is unwatchable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2018 6:28 AM
Feb 2018
I was really waiting for this anime, but I kind of thought at one point that it won't happen at all. But great news at the end!!
Feb 6, 2018 8:23 AM
Sep 2017
Topologico said:
Tokyo Ghoul:re (manga) is bad, but pierrot is unwatchable

I vehemently disagree. Tokyo Ghoul :Re may have polarizing chapters but as a whole most people seem to like it (including myself)
Feb 6, 2018 8:39 AM

Nov 2017
Okk, but i love kaneki ass
Feb 6, 2018 8:16 PM

Sep 2010
"Yay time to fuck up the sequel~" - Studio Pierrot
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 13, 2018 1:03 AM

Feb 2016
Where is kaneki thoooo
Apr 13, 2018 5:34 AM

May 2012
Johane said:
Where is kaneki thoooo

Did you watch it ?! If you watch it then you will get the answer.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
2 hours ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

11 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
Today, 7:04 AM

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
Today, 4:11 AM

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.