Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 5, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
AntwanMantilla said:
Man this is such a doubled edge sword for me. I'm major hyped for this but I need another studio than Pierrot to adapt it. While I enjoyed the original TG anime's, Pierrot really did a bad job, especially with the 2nd season.

I can just only hope some other studio picks it up because if it is Pierrot who is adapting it, I know not to expect something amazing.

I agree.
Tokyo ghoul fell abit on early chapter but abit off 70 onwards there's no denying it's better than prequel.

With this i am quite hyped but the studio that adaptating it is the major problems.
Pierrot shouldn't be allowed to do it.

I hope it'll be taken to J.C staff or A1 pictures.
Oct 5, 2017 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
This is going to be an absolute disaster.
Like half of what happens in Re won't make any sense in the anime continuity because Root A took a giant shit all over it with its anime-original nonsense. How are Pierrot even going to tackle this?
Oct 5, 2017 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
Considering how shitty Re became, I'm not even hyped. As far as I'm concerned Tokyo Ghoul ended at pt.1

May i ask you about your such drastic change of score between TG and TG: re. What do you dislike in sequel?
Personally, i also think that sequel is weaker. It have classic shounen problem - author create many story elements, such as characters and plot lines, and so they pile up and this create a mess in story. And some characters development are really questionable. For example, Mutsuki.
Oct 5, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2014
Instead of this they should do proper adaptation of first manga

I'll skip this garbage
Oct 5, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
Tlahuizcapante said:
bobzanny said:
Considering how shitty Re became, I'm not even hyped. As far as I'm concerned Tokyo Ghoul ended at pt.1

May i ask you about your such drastic change of score between TG and TG: re. What do you dislike in sequel?
Personally, i also think that sequel is weaker. It have classic shounen problem - author create many story elements, such as characters and plot lines, and so they pile up and this create a mess in story. And some characters development are really questionable. For example, Mutsuki.

Well there's a multitude of reasons.

I can go on and on into more specifics but that's a general gist of why I don't like Re. I'm still in love with Tokyo Ghoul pt.1 though.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 5, 2017 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
Forreal tho, whoever thought of this is an idiot. Who dafuq thought that adapting a sequel, while leaving out SO MUCH material out is a good idea? People behind this r prolly like "mmmm duuuuuh yeaaah lets just adapt this thing coz atm its the relevant one, mmmm duuuuuh. We're too lazy to adapt the rest of the manga"
Seems like they'll assume we have read already the whole thing. Good one.

This is as much of a good idea as, instead of adapting the rest of Spice & Wolf, we'll just adapt the sequel novel. Hell yeah!!!
Oct 5, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2015
Stark700 said:

An official site opened and revealed that manga Tokyo Ghoul:re will be receiving an anime adaptation for 2018. It has also been announced that Haise Sasaki will be voiced by Natsuki Hanae, who also voiced Ken Kaneki from the prequel series. An announcement preview was also posted and more information will be revealed at a later date.

Synopsis:
Two years have passed since the CCG's raid on Anteiku. Although the atmosphere in Tokyo has changed drastically due to the increased influence of the CCG, ghouls continue to pose a problem as they have begun taking caution, especially the terrorist organization Aogiri Tree, who acknowledge the CCG's growing threat to their existence.

The creation of a special team, known as the Quinx Squad, may provide the CCG with the push they need to exterminate Tokyo's unwanted residents. As humans who have undergone surgery in order to make use of the special abilities of ghouls, they participate in operations to eradicate the dangerous creatures. The leader of this group, Haise Sasaki, is a half-ghoul, half-human who has been trained by famed special class investigator, Kishou Arima. However, there's more to this young man than meets the eye, as unknown memories claw at his mind, slowly reminding him of the person he used to be.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

The manga series is drawn by Sui Ishida and began publishing since October 2014. It is the sequel of Tokyo Ghoul that published between September 2011 to 2014 for a total of 14 volumes. VIZ released the original series in English and plans to also release the sequel on October 17.

The series was first adapted by Studio Pierrot into a TV anime adaptation in Summer 2014 and later received a sequel in Winter 2015. In addition, the franchise received two OVA episodes titled Tokyo Ghoul: "Jack" and Tokyo Ghoul: "Pinto" in 2015.

Announcement PV

Official site: http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/
Official Twitter: @tkg_anime

Source: Moca News

Tokyo Ghoul:re on MAL

So pumped for this! I hope the next few months fly by
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Oct 5, 2017 11:46 AM

Oct 2009
:Re is a sequel, and without a proper adaptation of its predecessor, none of this is going to make sense to an anime only viewer. Ergo, this is going to be filler.

Oct 5, 2017 11:55 AM

Aug 2016
I was never a big fan on tokyo ghoul but I love TG:R so I'm super exited

Oct 5, 2017 1:11 PM
a car

Jun 2017
I've seen so many remarks about how Root A highly diverges from the source material (I didn't watch it because Pierrot), but based on what my friend who has been watching it on Toonami told me, a most of it seems to match up. However I haven't read the previous manga in over a year and also the Tokyo Ghoul Wiki is kind of lackluster so I don't really know.

But in all honesty, :re is confusing enough to where Root A isn't even a factor here. I'm still not going to watch it because I'm still feeling iffy about the manga, though.
Oct 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Jan 2011
its finally here cant wait to watch it
Oct 5, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2015
Holy shit,so many good shows are getting a sequel.2018 will be the best year for anime mainly because of the sequels like
Code geass 3(it may come out in 2018 or 2019)
Index 3
Overlord 2
SAO 3
and now Tokyo ghoul sequel.
Oct 5, 2017 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
PLEASE TAKE THE BLUE EXORCIST AND BLACK BUTLER ROUTE WHERE THIS ADAPTATION IS ITS OWN THING PLS.

ALSO, PLEASE DON'T BE PIERROT.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 2:04 PM

Mar 2017
Nice, my suffering is going to be animated.

come, you sweet hour of death
Oct 5, 2017 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
DatRandomDude said:
How the fuck is that going to work tho after what they did with Root A

anyway, 2018 seems like to be a huge year with all the mainstream stuff coming or might be coming in 2018 (AOT, SAO, Fairy Tail, Cardcaptor Sakura,now this and maybe OPM, MHA, Steins;Gate 0, Code Geass)

Don't forget about Index 3 and Overlord 2
Oct 5, 2017 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh, hopefully it isn't a shit show like the first two seasons.

Maybe they'll learn from their mistakes and actually adapt the manga properly this time?
Probably not, but I can dream.

If nothing else, hopefully the soundtrack will be good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 3:03 PM

Nov 2011
Reminds me of the treatment black butler got. They totally changed the anime ending and now fans are gonna be extremely confused by the 3rd season. Sort of sad. Ironic that these are my two favorite manga. Oh well, excited anyway.

Oct 5, 2017 3:06 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Pretty hyped, hopefully won't disappoint

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Oct 5, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2015
When it comes out I'm definitely going in with the lowest amount of expectations.
Oct 5, 2017 4:24 PM

May 2015
Swagernator said:
So much garbage is getting second third seasons for next years damn.

Yeah, ikr. Let's hope Princess Principle doesn't get a second season as well.

Oct 5, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2011
Oh yesss! Can't wait for it! Finally they realized how big of a mistake root a was...
Oct 5, 2017 4:35 PM
Sep 2015
Extremely excited for this adaptation but worried. Second season of TG was disappointing to put it mildly, but I'm hopeful they've learned from the mistakes and will be adapting this manga faithfully. There were so many chapters that I had thought, "Wow, imagine if this shit was animated, it'd be bloody amazing."
Oct 5, 2017 4:57 PM

Jan 2016
Sounds like a new OST to reread tokyo ghoul and tokyo ghoul re with :D
Oct 5, 2017 5:58 PM
Nov 2016
Well this sucks.
More edgy Kaneki art incoming from tumblr.

Oct 5, 2017 5:59 PM
Sep 2017
I think it will be a dissaster like Second Season, please kill us right now.
Oct 5, 2017 6:50 PM

Sep 2010
Time for them to shit on the sequel now!

Not that I really care I'm probably never will get caught up since I lost interest, but I might watch it to see what the big deal about this Haise is one of my mutual on tumblr really loves this guy so...
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 5, 2017 6:54 PM

Mar 2014
This will either be really good or turn out to be a complete train wreak.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 5, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2017
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's see how it goes. Who knows? Maybe they learned their lesson and will try and fix their mistakes with season 3.
Oct 5, 2017 9:02 PM

Apr 2017
>Salty fags are sure toxic about the Studio Clowwnnn..

Don't expect anything from Gen FukunaTARD you plebs
-HippySnob-Oct 5, 2017 10:53 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 5, 2017 10:48 PM

Aug 2015
Hmm.. I see 2018 is a jackpot year huh... Let's see what's coming next.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 5, 2017 11:10 PM

Apr 2016
Kittens-kun said:
Yeah, ikr. Let's hope Princess Principle doesn't get a second season as well.

It won't, the "place on the market" is currently full of garbage, so years to come there will be no space for something new and creative, money goes first.
Oct 5, 2017 11:40 PM

Jan 2010
Everyone complaining about the studio while I'm here celebrating just by the fact they animated re: at all!
Oct 6, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2013
GODDAMMIT
goddammit
GODDAMMIT!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2017 5:21 AM
Mar 2015
Yesssss!!! Although i admit the anime left so much meaning from the story unlike the manga, but who wont get excited for this!! been waiting forever
Oct 6, 2017 6:33 AM
Dec 2016
This feels so unreal.
I already have so many conflicting emotions about this, but the one that takes the cake has to be my overall excitement.
Of course I have my concerns about all this, but I want to stay hopeful. It's such a blessing just to see this notification. Even if the third season won't live up to our individual expectations, I'll be nothing but grateful for the chance to see Haise and his story unfold on screen. No matter how "good" or "bad" it really is.
I've been waiting so very long for this.
Oct 6, 2017 9:24 AM

Jul 2016
quite expecting tg will finally get another sequel, considering a lot of mainstream anime were getting their own sequels this year

finally I'm gonna see my cinnamon rolls animated, song please by tk again
cronoSpirAOct 6, 2017 9:28 AM
Oct 6, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
Nyah_Chan said:
And sadly this is probably going to suck as much as last season... I was rooting for a remake... And real... Perfect... Remake
Remake in a span of 3 years? Are you kidding me?
Just watch the Japanese Live Action. Maybe you will like it.
Because they are claiming it would be a faithful adaptation, but don't expect a good CG though.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 6, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2015
Rayzer said:
Nyah_Chan said:
And sadly this is probably going to suck as much as last season... I was rooting for a remake... And real... Perfect... Remake
Remake in a span of 3 years? Are you kidding me?
Just watch the Japanese Live Action. Maybe you will like it.
Because they are claiming it would be a faithful adaptation, but don't expect a good CG though.

Yeah it's called dreaming for a reason... Cuz you know it ain't happening
Oct 6, 2017 11:10 AM

Apr 2014
MechKingKillbot said:
RIP Tokyo Ghoul if Pierrot does it.
My expectations are gonna be low unless Madhouse or Bones are going to do it.
Oh please, Pierrot done a lot of good classic and even recent anime.
It's just TG was all over the place, so they cut the shitty drama and go straight for the action.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 6, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2017
ye
Rayzer said:
MechKingKillbot said:
RIP Tokyo Ghoul if Pierrot does it.
My expectations are gonna be low unless Madhouse or Bones are going to do it.
Oh please, Pierrot done a lot of good classic and even recent anime.
It's just TG was all over the place, so they cut the shitty drama and go straight for the action.
ah they managed to fuck mangas like bleach and naruto with shitty non stopping fillers
EDIT : and no wonder the black cover 1st episode was shitty , because it got animated by pierrot
Those who are hated that need to stay in a clique have to make the effort to eliminate the
factors that can be used against them. Don’t make mistakes, don’t show your blunders,
and don’t let your weaknesses be exposed; these three points are the most important.
They’re the same thing, aren’t they?
Despite that, showcasing off your perfection as an individual can be used against you as
well. That’s why, it’s important to not do anything. If you don’t do anything, nothing will
go wrong.
Also, don’t get involved with anyone.
-HACHIMAN-
Oct 6, 2017 2:33 PM
Sep 2017
so exited !!!!!! :)
Oct 6, 2017 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Don't bother, go read the manga anyway
Oct 6, 2017 7:01 PM

Feb 2015
And the most sad part is that Pierrot has the top 2 selling seinen Manga- Kingdom and Tokyo ghoul. Kingdom season 3 is no where to be seen and now this I'm just hopeful this would be atleast decent. Hoping if they come back and animate original Tokyo ghoul again for anime fans.
And what happened to madhouse they r leaving good shows(OPM). And they have been like low for couple of years without any major hits.
SKYWALKER08Oct 6, 2017 7:04 PM
Oct 6, 2017 9:11 PM

Jun 2016
Tokyo Ghou's Season 2 anime has been something of a problem so I am not sure how they'll pull Re but it would be cool to see Kuki Urie animated
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 7, 2017 12:06 AM

May 2017
Oct 7, 2017 2:39 AM

Jul 2017
AntwanMantilla said:
Man this is such a doubled edge sword for me. I'm major hyped for this but I need another studio than Pierrot to adapt it. While I enjoyed the original TG anime's, Pierrot really did a bad job, especially with the 2nd season.

I can just only hope some other studio picks it up because if it is Pierrot who is adapting it, I know not to expect something amazing.

My thoughts exactly! I hoped to see something incredible but unfortunately I don't have much faith in it
Oct 7, 2017 2:48 AM
Oct 2017
thepath said:
2018 might be the best season for sequels

Overlord 2
Seven Deadly Sins 2
Tokyo Ghoul 3
Attack on titan 3
Hero Academia 3
Code Gease 3
One Punch man 2
Sword Art Online 3 and spin-off
Grisaia: Phantom Trigger
Masou Gakuen HxH 2
One Room 2nd Season

Rayzer said:

I'm still waiting for Akatsuki no Yona S2!

I want this too

but I don't think that we will get any sequel unfortunately
~2018 is going to be awesome!~
StupidNewBOct 7, 2017 2:52 AM
Oct 7, 2017 6:38 AM

Apr 2016
thepath said:

Overlord 2
Seven Deadly Sins 2
Tokyo Ghoul 3
Attack on titan 3
Hero Academia 3
Code Gease 3
One Punch man 2
Masou Gakuen HxH 2
One Room 2nd Season

Rayzer said:

I'm still waiting for Akatsuki no Yona S2!

I want this too

Can't wait for TG, Aot, Hero academia, and sds
Oct 7, 2017 7:12 AM

May 2012
StupidNewB said:
thepath said:

Overlord 2
Seven Deadly Sins 2
Tokyo Ghoul 3
Attack on titan 3
Hero Academia 3
Code Gease 3
One Punch man 2
Masou Gakuen HxH 2
One Room 2nd Season

I want this too

~2018 is going to be awesome!~

I forgot to mention this one
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36432/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_III
Oct 7, 2017 3:22 PM

Feb 2016
komic said:
After what happened with root a? Hopefully they stick to the manga now

^This. Please keep the story the way the manga author intended.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
4 hours ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

11 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
Today, 7:04 AM

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
Today, 4:11 AM

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.