Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2014 9:15 AM
Jun 2010
I wonder if Rudy still needs more exp than others to level up. Would be really interesting if not.
Feb 15, 2014 9:21 AM

Mar 2008
So the secret power Shiroe has is the ability, now, to turn people of the land into adventurers through an expensive ritual. He's even more of a boss than I thought. Crusty too, guys a battle maniac.

Isuzu and Rudy make such a cute couple, I'm pleased to see him alive and well.
Feb 15, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Rudy and shiroe rule in this ep.
Feb 15, 2014 9:30 AM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one not interested in the little kid group. Why is it that they get so much screen time compared to everyone else? Also now that Rudy is a adventurer what happens to him when everyone leaves the game and returns to real world?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
ColdXClue said:
Am I the only one not interested in the little kid group. Why is it that they get so much screen time compared to everyone else? Also now that Rudy is a adventurer what happens to him when everyone leaves the game and returns to real world?

As someone pointed out before me, it's only his subclass that's adventurer. So he is still man of the land, he just has the benefits of adventurers.

As far as kids go I mostly don't like anything related to them but this episode was pretty important. I mean, Shiroe found out he can resurrect them, as well as make them adventurers. It is by no means a small thing.

Think about it, if People of the land knew about it they could find a few scribes willing to do contracts and make themselves capable of waging war against Adventurers (humans would be more correct since even PotL can be adventurers now).
But yes, it requires highest quality paper so I guess it ain't happening any time soon.

This is a huge bargaining chip for Shiroe to have as well.
Feb 15, 2014 10:04 AM
Jan 2011
A few significant details:

Possible creation of new spells
Conversion process to adventurers
Possible war between adventurers among themselves with their rapid rise of political power.
Feb 15, 2014 10:23 AM
Feb 2009
Usomochi said:
I wonder if Rudy still needs more exp than others to level up. Would be really interesting if not.
it was mentioned "EXP adjusted" under the subclass "adventurer" during rudy's resurrection
flame_tiongFeb 15, 2014 10:26 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 15, 2014 10:40 AM
Jun 2010
but since he didn't get as much exp as the other, and have died, the effort he lost is huge. On the other hand, he has obtain his dream of becoming one of the adventurer.
Feb 15, 2014 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
Finally some more stuff about shiroes past, they should dedicate a whole episode to his past, again got to see shiroe being awesome like he always is
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Feb 15, 2014 11:00 AM

Jun 2010
Shiroe why you do this? Why you keep adding noobs to your guild?!

Wow Krusty had a lot of murderous-intent there. I guess the princess was getting turned off lol. Well, he was freaking strong. Damn that Phoenix summon. I haven't even seen an MMORPG yet that let you summon a Phoenix. That looked awesome.

That Marie x Naotsugu moment. <3

Come on Shiroe, pay attention to Akatsuki. At least praise her! :D

Will we even see Kanami in the present before the series ends? :( It's all flashback... I wanna see the rest of the members of the tea party! I hope they should at least tease it before the season ends. There's only three more volumes left so I guess the rest of the series will cover volume 5 and hopefully after a year or so there will be a second season. I'll be sure to read the translated LN afterwards.
Feb 15, 2014 11:21 AM
Dec 2013
Apology said:
They killed the Goblin King so easy, I wanted more action.

it was only a General.. the King cant leave his cave... XD
Feb 15, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2007
Shiroe rlly is just one hell of an awesome character x3
Anyways I'm impressed by this ep gotta love Rudy <3
Feb 15, 2014 11:36 AM

May 2013
Man, I teared up a little, Rudy finally reaches his dream.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 15, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
talentlessash said:
Ah so Rudy now has a subclass of Adventurer, so I'm guessing he's still a person of the land, but with the perks adventurers have? (i.e. reviving, guild and friend list etc.)

Nice catch, I just assumed he was made a full adventure class and missed the subclass part.
Feb 15, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2011
Looking at the requirements to write this spell, particularly the expense, and some of the conditions involved in the contract, its use is going to be relatively rare. So you are unlikely to see armies of newly minted adventurers suddenly appear. On the other hand, as a bribe or reward for a powerful POTL lord or general, it has the potential to make scribes big political players in the game. Of course that power is going to be split with the class that develops the youth, or age-reversing potions. Bottom line is I don't think this particular ability will alter play-balance, but it is going to open up the possibility for some other story lines and a closer link between high-level adventurers and the political leadership of the POTL.

With Rudy & Isuzu and Krusty & Lenessia pretty safely embarked now, I'm wondering if we'll get some info on just how relationships, love, and sex work in Log Horizon (as I've heard happens in the LN). Since it's on NHK, I doubt we'll get the details, but it would be nice to see a bit about it.
rodacFeb 15, 2014 1:16 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
shindayuki said:
Apology said:
They killed the Goblin King so easy, I wanted more action.

it was only a General.. the King cant leave his cave... XD

I thought that was the Goblin King too lol.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 15, 2014 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Shiroe turned Rudy into adventurer, that's sound good.

I'm glad Rudy is back.
Feb 15, 2014 1:17 PM
Apr 2009
outkastfox said:
Great episode. Love how everything is given to us at a good pace.
I've been wondering, but what if it turns out that akatsukuki is that one girl that was leader of the old guild Shiroe was in? That'd be pretty neat

Nah, Kanami is her own person. She has her own spin off story that explains what the hell she's been up to.

And even so, Akatsuki didn't know that Shiroe, Naotsugu and Nyanta were part of Debauchery Tea Party. If she were really Kanamin, she would have known.
Feb 15, 2014 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Wow cant believe Shiroe's plan was actually successful! But even so, i think it's gonna make matters complicated (emotion wise) for Isuzu when they're going to return to the real world later??

I wonder what'll happen when others found out what Shiroe can do... probably something bad will happen :X

and i have a feeling that Rudy is some noble person from some kingdom.... maybe there's gonna be an arc or something on that? :P
Feb 15, 2014 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
Really want to see Kanami's story animated, she's by far the best log Horizon character.

Feb 15, 2014 1:28 PM

Jun 2011
I have noticed in this adaption they have removed a lot of the natural closeness that Akatsuki and Shiroe have, it has been really prominent every time they ride the griffins and also they had Akatsuki at a distance when he asked her to clear the area and keep people away. I just wonder why they felt the need to do that, i can understand the blood and some of the more violent scenes considering the channel and time it airs but was there a need for the Akatsuki and Shiroe scenes to be tinkered with.

Well i expected things to be wrapped up this episode but looks like they split chapter 5 into 2 episodes i will be looking forward to the dance since it looks like that has stayed in.

It was a shame battles were cut down or removed the whole beach part of the fights was pretty much cut down to just a few second scenes but i guess they are just stuck for time since they need to do novel 5 before the season ends.
DragoonDeusFeb 15, 2014 1:39 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 15, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing episode. I can't even describe how much I'm enjoying this anime. Shiroe is one of the best MCs I've seen. Knows his stuff but isn't OP and needs to work a lot for everything. He's also quire refreshing because vast majority of MCs are the fighting type. I really liked how the contract required the highest level paper, ink and subclass level.

Holy cow Crusty is totally the definition of berserker. XD He's my favourite after Akatsuki and Shiroe. Lennesia (or however it's spelt) is really cute and adorable with her little crush on Crusty. The only thing that bothers me about that couple is that it's really cliche. I would totally hate them as a couple if Crusty was the MC instead of Shiroe.

Dynamics between Naotsugu and Marielle is really nice but I can't see them as a couple. They simply don't click well with me. Both act like kids (and it wouldn't surprise me if they were). I see them more as partners in crime than a couple. Isuzu and Rudy are a different story. I totally ship them, if only Isuzu stopped treating him like a dog. But I'm really curious about Rudy now. His "role", class, subclass, etc. I read here that his subclass is in fact adventurer so I wonder what it means for him.

I forgot to mention that with each appearance, I'm more and more curious about the Tea Party. It sounds really awesome and I'd love to learn more about them and the leader. Also, is it just me or does it look like the leader had crush on Shiroe or they were in a relationship?
Feb 15, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
So Shiroe probably just made some world size magic and created a new sub class....

Other NPC will be able now to obtain the sub class?

Hypeness is hype XD
Feb 15, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2009
Even though I kinda knew what was going to happen, I almost teared up with the Magical Girl Rudy contract signing scene. Our favorite golden retriever has grown up. :'D

But yeah Shiroe is like a benevolent devil now:
Shiroe: Power, Wealth, Immortality, all can be yours if you are willing to pay the price.

Random lander: What's the price?

Shiroe: Eternal servitude.

ROTFL

Also Krusty is somewhat like a psociopath, smiling that Berserker smile of his while cutting down the goblin mobs. XD

I wonder if Issac is the opposite, Impulsive in normal situations, but calm and collective in battle as we're seen when we saw him clean the Log Horizon base.

And that Souji...might be playing his harem instead of that Shonen character obtuseness he exudes. XP

That ending, poor Akatsuki. Part of the whole romance issues with Shiroe's harem. XD
NettoAzureFeb 15, 2014 2:11 PM
Feb 15, 2014 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
Hah I am glad Rudy is alive :D He is the best character out of the youngster group in my opinion. I was worried that they'd kill him off. I love the pairing Isuzu x Rudy they are just so sweet.

Shiroe did a great risk reviving him using such a spell. If one of the kids spills the beans that Rudy was made into an adventurer chaos will ensure. I can't wait for the next episode, Akatsuki will finally get much needed attention.

Krusty, he is crazy ^^ I hope the princess ditches him or else he will corrupt her pure mind.
I am a human.
Feb 15, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
What exactly happened during the MP redistribution and would it negatively affect Shiroe in the long-term? It doesn't cause him to lose memories like the loss of EXP, right?

I know that MP relates to magic, but it is referred to as Psyche, so I think I need some further clarifications.
Feb 15, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2012
poor rudy, became a zombie and now officially became a dog..
so just a subclass adventurer, that way he can benefit the revival system,.. shiroe is a smartass..

krusty's character is truly a berserker.. I really like the RPG if this series..

Feb 15, 2014 2:40 PM
Jan 2014
I can see why shiroe wants to keep the contract a secret. But my fear is that someone spills information about shiroe's "turning people of the land into adventurers" technique. And then all the nobles are at shiroe's doorstep demanding he starts turning other people of the land into adventurers.

Also I want to see more action from the other members of Log horizon guild.
Feb 15, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2009
StevenHu said:
What exactly happened during the MP redistribution and would it negatively affect Shiroe in the long-term? It doesn't cause him to lose memories like the loss of EXP, right?

I know that MP relates to magic, but it is referred to as Psyche, so I think I need some further clarifications.

MP Redistribution is separate from EXP. MP could be refilled over time and with potions, so it's not as much of a loss as sacrificing memories to revive.

Basically: HP = The Body, MP = The Mind/Soul's will, EXP = Memories. Though in some sense I'd argue its the EXP that binds the Body and Soul but w/e.

Also the relevant passage in the LN:
Feb 15, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
Shiroe 'invents' a new spell and he can revive npcs, that's something, but he want to keep it secret for now.
I don't have enough of Akatsuki T.T
Krusty is enjoying the fight, i like his face muhaha.
Feb 15, 2014 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
looks like we're down to the final 4 episodes
Feb 15, 2014 4:29 PM

Jan 2008
Shiroe's new spell/ability seems really... broken... or maybe I should say godlike? I mean to make a People of the Land turn into an adventurer? What's next? Make Adventurers turn to them? Grant anything he wants? With how many more episodes left, I can't see them getting much more into his new ability but I do hope they explain it more in details.
Feb 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2012
Xipe1912 said:
Shiroe 'invents' a new spell and he can revive npcs, that's something, but he want to keep it secret for now.
I don't have enough of Akatsuki T.T
Krusty is enjoying the fight, i like his face muhaha.

If and when we have a season 2 then you'll have your fill of Akatsuki since an entire book is dedicated to her (Volume 6). The Libra festival arc (the next and final arc of this season) will also have her in all her cuteness so don't worry.
Feb 15, 2014 4:37 PM
Mar 2009
Paul said:
Shiroe's new spell/ability seems really... broken... or maybe I should say godlike? I mean to make a People of the Land turn into an adventurer? What's next? Make Adventurers turn to them? Grant anything he wants? With how many more episodes left, I can't see them getting much more into his new ability but I do hope they explain it more in details.

What I wonder is, what happens when the game ends? Would the Person of the Land with the Adventurer sub-class now be reborn into a human body in the real world?

...or is this world actually the real world? Like, did someone technology and/or magic get used to make the game into a fully alternate reality? Whilst that does explain a lot more, it also basically means that everyone who wasn't playing is effectively dead.

Perhaps they will eventually fix the gates and be able to travel between the normal and alternate worlds.

Well, just random speculation on my part.... but you do have a point; and I don't think we have much to fear. Not only does Shiroe known how to keep a secret, but the requirements are such that only he and, perhaps, the mage he met, can do it. And perhaps a limited amount of times, I think he had to use Dragon's Tears or something, and other rare but depleteable items.

Well, in any case, great episode and makes you think a lot, which I love about a series.
Feb 15, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
LMAO.....this is interesting
Feb 15, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2012
With Shroe's new magic, he can rule the Elder Tale world with ease. Just imagine the possibilities: make a contract that states he is God then just smash everyone to pieces if he feels like it.
Feb 15, 2014 6:22 PM

Sep 2013
Shiroe just made a NPC a Player :O

Crusty is a mad man when he is in a fight.

Shake Rudy shake! :3 Even if he's been dogzoned I can still see those 2 getting together and I hope it happens :)
Feb 15, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
A look into Shiroe's past..
Rudy's back, signing a contract created by Shiroe and is now a member of Log Horizon and an adventurer! nice
Volume 4 is done.. Once Volume 5 is complete this season is done.
Krusty's grin.. his team is pretty damn strong.
nice ep.
Feb 15, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2011
Krusty is wearing Megs while Shiroe is basically a Prof. Lulz.
Feb 15, 2014 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
julyan04 said:
With Shroe's new magic, he can rule the Elder Tale world with ease. Just imagine the possibilities: make a contract that states he is God then just smash everyone to pieces if he feels like it.

Nope. It's not that broken. For one if he were to make a contract so game breaking like that he would theoretically need exceedingly rare items that would be next to impossible to get. And I imagine he would need EVERY single PotL and Adventurer in the entire world to sign that contract. Some thing that is not really possible as of now. But I do agree that would be somewhat interesting.
Feb 15, 2014 7:06 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode! Wish it was like this from the beginning.
Feb 15, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
Man i they were killing me with the suspense i kept shouting sign the contract, sign the contract, oh boy lol loved every moment of it.

Izuzu Quate: Give me your paw lol i laughed so hard she still thinks of him as a dog hahaha

Ok it's official Crusty is seriously one scary guy i do not want to be guy suckered to fight him no sir.

Looks like Akatskuki will have a bit of spotlight next episode a good thing they having been focusing so much on the younger members of log horizon, i just want them now to focus more on the experienced players Naotsugui, Nyanta, Shiroe and Akatsuki they have really been sidetracked in these last 10 episode

Yeah, lol I literally thought for a second that Rudy's 3 minutes of zombie would be done before he could sign it XD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 15, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
I like the mysterious girl from shiroes flashbacks.
Feb 15, 2014 7:55 PM

Mar 2008
Vooo said:
The best Tea Party needs more love in this thread.
Feb 15, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2010
dudes a real boy now
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Feb 15, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2012
Ckan said:
Vooo said:
The best Tea Party needs more love in this thread.

Agreed, I really like the summoner horse.
Feb 15, 2014 8:51 PM

Apr 2012
omg they have summoner spells in this game :3

Also basically if you use your profession manually it opens up new secondary effects. The contract, steam engine, cooking, etc are examples of this.

Feb 15, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
*applause*
Feb 15, 2014 9:22 PM

Oct 2013
This anime becomes more and more incredible. Season 2 most likely eh?
Feb 15, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
"Do you resign being a human being?". Rudy: Yes

Log Horizon could do with more budget and production I.G level animation, but still really good. Season 2 please!
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.