Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 7, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2011
Glad to see Banri and Koko really make a effort to face their problems and fears together. Hope to continue seeing this kind of development from them.

On another note, I've become interested in Oka-chan's past after she commented on loving someone through thick and thin. Sounds like she's been through some tough stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2014 6:46 PM

Oct 2010
Preciize said:
Glad to see Banri and Koko really make a effort to face their problems and fears together. Hope to continue seeing this kind of development from them.

On another note, I've become interested in Oka-chan's past after she commented on loving someone through thick and thin. Sounds like she's been through some tough stuff.
Chinami said that about Koko, not herself. She then said that she respects Koko for that because not every one is like that. I think she may have been referring to Mitsuo here, because she seems rather hurt that he was able to get over her so quickly.
Feb 7, 2014 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
I found this to be another fantastic episode of Golden Time, dont know how ill be able to wait until next thursday! :)
Feb 7, 2014 9:54 PM

Jan 2014
An---Chan said:
okay first of all my english is very bad so if ure reading my post apologize me for the mistakes i´ll make now without being to aggressive against all koko fans i honestly cant understand how one can sympathise with a charakter as koko especially if it comes to compare her with linda in my opinion koko is like someone who has no clue about an real relationship i have already read some of the older posts where mitsuo is been criticized because of his childishness and the disability of fixing on one girl which means that he seems to be driven by superficialities here i see similarities between koko and mitsuo as we know koko was rejected by mitsuo in the past because of her familiarity and then she met banri by accident and realiized that someone like banri wont deny her because he is kind and doesnt know her for a long time unlike mitsuo who is koko´s childhood friend i mean if koko loved mitsuo since her childhood it is very weak of her to just substitute him with banri the other aspect relates to this episode it seems that koko is maturing and as she said herself she wants to know the whole banri this is a good progress but there is no guarantee that she´ll remain like this and that this is not just another trick for getting closer to banri on the other hand linda did not act like koko instead she was always thinking of what would be best for banri except the situation in the changing room where she told her friends that she doesn´t like banri
my main point is that as far as we know koko is attaining maturity and there is no guarantee that she will keep this change of her unlike linda who is acting strange sometimes but rational reasonable someone like banri would better fit linda than koko
i apologize for not having this episode as main reason of my post

im not a koko or linda fun...but honestly i get bored every scene with linda...koko has a lot of bad aspects but its not her fault since she tries to be a better person and you cant hate her knowing that...
Feb 7, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
hahah... i was under the impression that they all knew... whoops.
and also... mitsuo is acting VERY weird and i dun even know what is happening anymore... i thought he was head over heels in love with chinami but now he suddenly switched to linda?
Feb 8, 2014 12:07 AM
Jan 2013
Meh. Nothing really happened in this episode, just raised more problems. Yana suddenly becomes the annoying one?? Let's see where this goes I guess.

Chinami and Koko are still adorable

2D-kun is still awesome

Still 7 more episodes! Come on, Golden Time, make this a good one!
Feb 8, 2014 12:50 AM

May 2012
I never really liked Mitsuo ever since hes been going behind everyone's back. He's obviously into Linda but both of them never came clean to the others. Why should Koko or Linda have to tell Mitsuo about Banri's past then?

It definitely will be interesting to see how everything wraps up. My prediction is that Linda still has feelings for Banri. In a couple more episodes Banri will get his memories back. I think it will go one of two ways. He will either get his memories back and he will remember everything both his past as well as his present OR "Ghost Banri" will take over and essentially delete all of his new memories formed with Koko.

Ghost Banri taking over and removing new memories seems far fetched and unrealistic especially since Ghost Banri is more so a plot device; it's his self conscious. I think the OP is a hint as to what will happen. As I predict, despite getting his memories back and Linda finally telling him how she feels, he will ultimately end up picking Koko in the end because she was always open with him. The OP shows Koko's sadness without Banri until he comes and sits down with her at the end. I think this symbolizes how there was always that uncertainty with their relationship due to Banri's past.
Feb 8, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode. I don't really care much for Banri and Koko as they don't interest me. I'd actually have preferred Koko to end up with Yana and Banri with Linda but oh well. On the other hand, I'm all for Yana x Linda. I don't know if this will go anywhere or if Yana is serious about Linda but I'm all for this pair.

I'm quite surprised that Yana got over Chinami so fast and that he treats her as usual now. It's obvious that Chinami is hurt especially after seeing him with Linda and how his confession was made while he was drunk and at the wrong time/place. I'm sure that if he confessed to her properly, she'd have agreed to go out with him as this is what she hinted at earlier.

I think Linda is still in love with Banri and something may happen at the class reunion. At this point, I think it could go either way but it's most probably going to be Banri x Koko at the end. As for Yana, I've a feeling he may end up with Chinami. Linda doesn't seem she will return his feelings and it's obvious Chinami likes him. 2D-kun x Chinami is cute too.
HatsumiShinoguFeb 8, 2014 6:14 AM
Feb 8, 2014 2:41 AM
Apr 2009
WTF at the Mitsuo hate.

So people are mad at him because he got over Chinami? We found out he liked her like an episode before he confessed and she TURNED HIM DOWN.

And he got OVER IT like any normal human being would. Especially since her rejection was particularly harsh and mean. Then he moved on and found someone else he liked. It's been MONTHS since he got rejected.

And of course he's annoyed! Not too long ago Banri said he didn't know where Linda was from, but now Linda reveals that they're from the same hometown and Linda is deliberately dodging questions about him. On top of that Koko, who has been his friends for over 10 years despite their issues, is also lying to him. Oka isn't even talking to him (which to him doesn't make sense because she rejected him!) and 2D knows more than him.

Take into account that he likes Linda and he's supposed to be Banri and Koko's best friend, but they're not confiding in him at all.

EVERYONE but 2D is lying and/or ignoring him and on top of that he knows that Linda and Banri have been friends since college started so there's no way they wouldn't know they're from the same place.

It's perfectly understandable that he should be angry.

It's like you guys don't know how basic human relationships work.
Feb 8, 2014 3:40 AM

Apr 2010
EmeralDragon23 said:
WTF at the Mitsuo hate.

So people are mad at him because he got over Chinami? We found out he liked her like an episode before he confessed and she TURNED HIM DOWN.

And he got OVER IT like any normal human being would. Especially since her rejection was particularly harsh and mean. Then he moved on and found someone else he liked. It's been MONTHS since he got rejected.

And of course he's annoyed! Not too long ago Banri said he didn't know where Linda was from, but now Linda reveals that they're from the same hometown and Linda is deliberately dodging questions about him. On top of that Koko, who has been his friends for over 10 years despite their issues, is also lying to him. Oka isn't even talking to him (which to him doesn't make sense because she rejected him!) and 2D knows more than him.

Take into account that he likes Linda and he's supposed to be Banri and Koko's best friend, but they're not confiding in him at all.

EVERYONE but 2D is lying and/or ignoring him and on top of that he knows that Linda and Banri have been friends since college started so there's no way they wouldn't know they're from the same place.

Mitsuo x foreveralone
Feb 8, 2014 6:35 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was pretty good. I just love how Banri and Koko are a couple. I don't understand why the other Banri wants to go back to Linda who apparently rejected him. I don't think she did though. But still, BanriXKoko! :)
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Feb 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
I completely forgot that Banri hasn't confided in the others about his accident. This is going to make for some interesting drama coming up soon
Feb 8, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
Mitsuo is the best friend of Banri and knows nothing about the Banri.
Feb 8, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
I loved the moments between Kouko and Oka in this episode. I really hope Mitsuo and Linda don't become a couple. I don't hate Linda or anything but I ship Mitsuo x Oka too hard to let that happen :3. I also can't really imagine them as a couple, I like them better as friends or acquaintances.
Feb 8, 2014 4:01 PM

Nov 2012
Not much this episode other then mentioning that there's a high school reunion Banri is going to.

No cliffhanger ending like usual either :(.

Seems like Mitsuo is going to head to Banri's hometown during the reunion and some drama will occur.
Feb 8, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
I wonder who that girl is in the preview.
Feb 8, 2014 7:20 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Well Kouko's pretty nice now and 2D-kun is still a good guy as usual, on the other hand of course Mitsuo's suspecting something's up which I reckon he's just gonna stick his head into considering no-one who knows is really going to tell him anyway. I guess Linda also assumed Mitsuo knew, well it's all for drama now.
Feb 8, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
EmeralDragon23 said:
WTF at the Mitsuo hate.

Everyone in this series is hiding something from someone. Mitsuo kinda just got the short end because no one confided in him at all.
Feb 8, 2014 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
EmeralDragon23 said:
WTF at the Mitsuo hate.

Don't get the mitsuo hate either
Feb 8, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2010
Koko in this episode was amazing... Can't see this girl was chasing after Mitsuo like a creepy stalker in the first episode.
Feb 8, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
If I were Banri I wouldn't go to the reunion. It just sounds awkward.
Feb 8, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Weird and cringeworthy start to the episode, but it feels like a lot of the comedy in Golden Time is like this at this point :|

I think this is one of the few episodes where I've seen Kouko in a truly positive light. Honestly, for a while it was just "less bitchy than usual" or "cringeworthy and lovey-dovey", but in this episode she actually confronts the problems and chooses the best path.

I don't really get the Mitsuo hate either. Everyone is just not telling him anything ._.
Also, he moved on from Chinami. What's the big fucking problem? How do you guys know that he changed his mind "because of Linda's boobs"? Maybe he met her and realized that she wasn't a complete bitch unlike someone who stalked him his entire life.
But naaaahhhh, that's crazy, right?! Getting with someone for something other than their appearance? Ha!

To be fair, he kinda closed off himself from getting told shit since he went solo for a bit, but yea he has a right to be frustrated.

What I was more concerned is his attitude toward Linda. I don't know what the nature of his off screen interactions with Linda were but his scene with her in this episode was cringe worthy (though IF they were on good terms and his joke is something that wouldn't be as out there as it seems then Linda could have been the one at fault here). We just haven't seen enough of those two together, but from what they have shown it seems like a one sided affair.
Feb 8, 2014 11:59 PM
Dec 2013
If I theorize what kind of feeling Lindas have to Banri until this ep., that just she has in debt a lot. Because she popular when in high school, even now in college too, she choose Banri as a way to push over guys who try to have romantic relationship because she scared to face that and therefore do a lot fun/stupid things with Banri as a pair to avoid them. Reason? I think we will see in rest eps, maybe from her big brother as the possibility. Thats why she couldnt opened up to anyone, including Banri who was the closest to her, irritated to the girls, and felt guilty to Banri when he heard her say she didnt like him, also she hesitated to answer his feeling before the accident. Too much secret will kill her... I feel sorry for that.
Feb 9, 2014 12:40 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't realize no one else knew about his memory loss! That should add an interesting wrinkle to the story now. I do feel bad for Yana, he just doesn't have luck in love. He had an obsessive stalker, then he got rejected by the girl he liked, and then the next girl he likes is still hung up on her former love, and is keeping things from him. Poor guy!

Anyway, the first half of the episode with the club was dull, but the rest of the episode was good. I'm always at a loss of words for how short each episode of this series feels, that rarely happens!
Feb 9, 2014 3:48 AM

Oct 2013
2D-kun is still the best character of them all. And Koko's character development from episode 1 until now has been huge. Feels like a build up episode. I can't wait for next week.
Feb 9, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2010
What? I don't get the Mitsuo x Linda part. How did Linda get so mad when Mitsuo snatched the ticket when it was obvious that he was just playing with her? I guess she's really really annoyed with him that she don't want him to bother her anymore.
Feb 9, 2014 9:09 PM

Jul 2013
-MgZ_ said:
What? I don't get the Mitsuo x Linda part. How did Linda get so mad when Mitsuo snatched the ticket when it was obvious that he was just playing with her? I guess she's really really annoyed with him that she don't want him to bother her anymore.

It could be. Maybe all the off screen stuff that people are speculating about is basically Mitsuo following her around like a puppy and she is sick of it.
Feb 9, 2014 9:58 PM

Sep 2013
I can't believe all this time and Banri didn't bother telling anyone about his memory loss, unless that was part of him wanting to have a fresh start.
Feb 9, 2014 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
EmeralDragon23 said:
WTF at the Mitsuo hate.

And he got OVER IT like any normal human being would. Especially since her rejection was particularly harsh and mean.Then he moved on and found someone else he liked. It's been MONTHS since he got rejected.

Pretty sure Chinami turned him down because she was surprised at his confession and he did it at that party in front of everyone. He also kept avoiding Chinami and didn't give her a chance to explain herself. People are probably bothered at how it seems so random that he's going after Linda now since it never seemed like he had an interest on Linda until they showed them hanging out in that episode where Kouko and Banri stalked him.
Feb 10, 2014 5:11 AM

May 2011
The denial. The refusal to accept sets in. Linda plans to travel back to Shizuoka. What will things become of? A possible ending would be Banri-kun regaining back all of his memories...but who will he choose? Golden Time--the ending is a determining factor. Hope this continues to surpass my expectations, though I don't set them. (Okay I'm contradicting myself)
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 10, 2014 9:00 AM
Feb 2012
For me, Golden Time is one of those shows where you want the story to progress fast really badly because you absolutely cannot wait to see certain characters' reactions to certain events and reveals. But you have to wait in order for the pay-off to be even better. I guess that makes it a good anime?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 10, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2009
Disregard whiny apron bitch, acquire sexy mop senpai
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 10, 2014 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Man. It's absolutely crazy that I couldn't stand Koko but shes grown so much since the earlier episodes. Supremely impressed with her character development, to the point where she's one of the main reasons I'm gunning for more episodes. I feel as if shes overcome a lot of personal problems opposed to Banri, but that should change after the next episode I hope.
Feb 10, 2014 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
Golden Time = Koko: The Animation

You know it's true.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 10, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
I have some questions.

(1) Why would Linda lie to Mitsuo about Banri and her having a past?
(2) Why is Mitsuo showing discomfort with assumptions? Can't he just ask Banri himself? Srsly
Feb 10, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2014
JhnJsph said:
I have some questions.

(1) Why would Linda lie to Mitsuo about Banri and her having a past?
(2) Why is Mitsuo showing discomfort with assumptions? Can't he just ask Banri himself? Srsly

I agree there's some heavy overreactions going on. However, Linda probably doesn't want Mitsuo getting any ideas or jealous of her and Banri or to possibly get upset with Banri he didn't tell him himself.

Again Mitsuo probably just feels "uncomfortable" or unsure about Banri not telling him about his accident because he likely feels as though he's the only one who doesn't know. 2-D heard his story before and obviously Koko knows to. Either way, just a lot of melodrama here.
Feb 10, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2012
what if mitsuo was the one that hit banri?
Feb 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
Weired that Koko just insisted for Banri to go with Linda .
Hana seems to be really really snoopy and jealous
Feb 11, 2014 1:13 PM
Jan 2014
AGH I WANT TO SEE HOW THIS ALL WORKS OUT!!!! next episode come fast
Feb 11, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
I love the development of Chinami and Kouko. Even though they act like such frenemies, it's so heartwarming.

I don't like Mitsuo as much lately, but I just think it's his hair. It looks so odd!
Feb 12, 2014 5:24 AM

Sep 2012
anyone know where to see the english sub's for the second opening song??

I'm obsessed. >.>
Feb 12, 2014 7:22 PM
Jan 2013
wheresthehandle said:
Disregard whiny apron bitch, acquire sexy mop senpai

You say the same idiotic phrase every forum post. Seriously you're not contributing anything, just being annoying af.

(And why are you still watching this when it's obviously going to end BanrixKoko)
Feb 12, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
Yep, Kaga did mature here... she finally did the right thing for their relationship. I never liked that she was telling him to just forget about his past. And she did look pretty good in that yukata.

Well, not sure why people are saying Mitsuo's a prick... don't see where he did anything wrong. Basically what Nekogatari said:
Nekogatari said:

Personally I think (depending on what happens with Linda and Banri in their hometown next episode) Mitsuo will find out about everything and that Linda has feelings for Banri, and then he'll try to convince her to confess her feelings in order to finally have things resolved for better or worse. And of course, it's clear that he likes Linda, which is why I hope he'll do the right thing in the end.

I don't read the light novels, but with 7 episodes left I have to wonder how this anime is gonna end. I hope it follows the source though, and doesn't create it's own ending... I'd love a second season, and I hate when they create their own endings. But either way I'll probably read the light novels at some point.
Feb 13, 2014 9:14 AM

Jun 2010
bitterapple said:
what if mitsuo was the one that hit banri?

I feel like this is a possibility.
Feb 13, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2008
Not much happened this time. I forgot Mitsuo was so uninformed.
Feb 14, 2014 2:01 AM

Nov 2012
I wonder what happen if yanao know that linda actually like banri (if i'm not wrong -_-)
okay episode :3
Feb 15, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
uuuugh, most boring episode so far.
Feb 17, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode couldn't stop laughing at the start also glad that Mitsuo & Linda are being used more in the eps again :D

Feb 18, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Chinamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!
Mitsuo should know since everyone knows about Banri's incident.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.