Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS REAL SON 'MURRICAN VIDJOE GAMES UP IN THIS BIZNATCH

YO WE TALKIN ABOUT REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL SHIT SON. YO WE TALKIN BOUT CALL O DUTY, SKYRIM, FALLOUT, WITCHER, BORDERLAAAAAANDS, XCOM, ASSASSINS CREED, LAST OF US (YO THATS SHITS REAL BRO). GRAND THEFT AUTOOOOOOOOOOOO

YO YOU WANT OLD SKOOL SON? I GIVE YA OLD SKOOL. YO WE GOT NEVERWINTER NIGHTS, BALDURS GATE, DIE-ABLOW, ICEWIND DALE, PLANETSCAPE, DUKE NUKEM, DOOM, LIST GOES ON SON

FINAL FANTASY!? GTFO OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT. PERSONA? WHAT IS THIS DATING SIM BULLSHIT? AND DEY 14 YEAR OLDS TOO. THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU SON GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT JAP CRAP THIS IS WHERE VIDJA GAMEZ GETS REAL UP IN THIS MOTHER. MUTHAFUCKA.

*drops mic*
dietmangoFeb 3, 2014 9:26 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2014 8:19 PM

Nov 2011
Your friendly neighborhood feminazi admin gives this thread her seal of approval. *Salute*.

Carry on.

But on topic, I am currently playing Marvel Heroes. It's lots of fun. I play Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, and Squirrel Girl. I also own but don't play Scarlet Witch.

All mutants- Go figure. =3
Feb 3, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
*Chad Warden voice* Pfft, everyone knows those Chinese cartoon makers make the best gaems.
Feb 3, 2014 8:25 PM

Aug 2009
AngelsArcanum said:
*Chad Warden voice* Pfft, everyone knows those Chinese cartoon makers make the best gaems.

Chinese? I thought the North Koreans did.

Where have I been living all this time!? ;__;
Feb 3, 2014 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
AngelsArcanum said:

*Chartoons

What about British games?
Feb 3, 2014 8:34 PM

Feb 2008
DarknessOfEmo this is a thread about western games. Keep your filthy otaco stuff away!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 3, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
ZetaZaku said:
Keep your filthy otaco stuff away!

Yes, even Japanese tacos are not allowed here! =P
Feb 3, 2014 8:38 PM
Jul 2012
oh. I didn't know dat. But, uhh....... Does heavy rain counts as western? If it is then i love dat too. Trying out my best.
Feb 3, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
DarknessOfEmo said:
oh. I didn't know dat. But, uhh....... Does heavy rain counts as western? If it is then i love dat too. Trying out my best.
Why wouldn't it?

Apr 2012
DarknessOfEmo said:

I dont know bout dat. That's one of them cowardly french games.

Aug 2009
DarknessOfEmo said:

Heavy Rain is western, yes, BRS. Made by the French.
Feb 3, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2009
Popka said:
AngelsArcanum said:

*Chartoons

So you adopted that name? I am most pleased *nods approvingly*
Feb 3, 2014 8:45 PM

Sep 2012
metamorphius said:
Popka said:
AngelsArcanum said:

*Chartoons

It is an excellent name.

I should also talk about excellent games. And I love Portal.
Feb 3, 2014 8:46 PM

Apr 2012
Mass Effect
Mass Effect
Mass Effect
Feb 3, 2014 8:47 PM

Aug 2009
Popka said:
metamorphius said:
Popka said:
AngelsArcanum said:

*Chartoons

It is an excellent name.

The cake is a lie.

Uhhh SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEE

Portal is great :)
Feb 3, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2009
Popka said:

And I love Glados (I think it's an appropriate time to post this). Damn, that reminds me it's been years since I played Portal. I never did get around to playing the sequel.
Feb 3, 2014 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
metamorphius said:
Popka said:

And I love Glados. Damn, that reminds me it's been years since I played Portal. I never did get around to playing the sequel.
Same. I liked Portal enough to attempt speedrunning it for a few weeks
Feb 3, 2014 8:53 PM
Jul 2012
Haakonwale said:
metamorphius said:
Popka said:

And I love Glados. Damn, that reminds me it's been years since I played Portal. I never did get around to playing the sequel.
Same. I liked Portal enough to attempt speedrunning it for a few weeks

I only saw playthroughs of popular youtube people playing it two years ago I think, and the game looks quite cool.
Feb 3, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
You should get it BRS, if you have Steam. It's a game I'd put high on games I'd recommend to just about anyone. It's a great puzzle game with one of the best characters in video games in it. Not to mention it will only take you an hour to finish.

Portal 2 is not that long, but they packed it with more worthwhile content, namely co-op. That was pretty fun.
dietmangoFeb 3, 2014 8:59 PM
Feb 3, 2014 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
DarknessOfEmo said:
I only saw playthroughs of popular youtube people playing it two years ago I think, and the game looks quite cool.

Can't have been a long playthrough. I beat it in about an hour the first time. The lowest time I could get was 21 minutes (over double of what the WR is...)
Feb 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2012
I don't know if I would say I like puzzle games specifically, but a lot of my favorite games at least prominently feature puzzles. Portal is probably the one that has the puzzles I love most out of those.
Feb 3, 2014 9:01 PM
Jul 2012
dietmango said:
You should get it Dawkness, if you have Steam. It's a game I'd put high on games I'd recommend to just about anyone. It's a great puzzle game with one of the best characters in video games in it.

I don't have Steam, but I think Gamestop has it for cheap I think. Not sure though. Yeah. I see that portal looks great especially some good humor in the sequel. Though, I played some flash games just like that, and it was challenging. I will get the game sometime in the future or after I get LA Noire first.
Feb 3, 2014 9:03 PM

Sep 2011
afaik, you need Steam to play it.
Feb 3, 2014 9:10 PM

Aug 2009
No Portal is available both on XBLA and PSN. I think Portal 1 was packaged in with Portal 2 (or I think it was an online voucher, I don't quite recall). I remember I got to play Portal 1 that way, and then jumped in to Portal 2 soon after.

So yeah, if you've got either a 360 or a PS3, you can play it one or the other, BRS.
Feb 3, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
filthy console casual
Feb 3, 2014 9:19 PM
Jul 2012
dietmango said:
No Portal is available both on XBLA and PSN. I think Portal 1 was packaged in with Portal 2 (or I think it was an online voucher, I don't quite recall). I remember I got to play Portal 1 that way, and then jumped in to Portal 2 soon after.

So yeah, if you've got either a 360 or a PS3, you can play it one or the other, BRS Dawkness..

Oh. Okay then I will buy it on playstation store. Man, I got some more wish list right now.
Feb 3, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
If anyone wants to play Hearthstone or the StarCraft 2 Arcade, you can add me on Battle.net Haakonwale#2712
Feb 3, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2009
Who uses Backloggery? I wanna stalk yo' vidja.

I see Mango just picked up The Last of Us. I'm jealous.
Feb 3, 2014 10:14 PM

Aug 2009
I think Zeta and Alaba are the ones from this club that I know uses Backloggery. And yes, I bought Last of Us bundled with a new 250 GB PS3. So I'm finally back to gamin' :)

I've heart of Hearthstone, someone recommended I try it.
Feb 3, 2014 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
Wait, whaaaaaat?!
Mango, I shall slit my own throat as punishment.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 4, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
sushiisawesome said:
Wait, whaaaaaat?!

What what what what why?
Feb 4, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2013
Haakonwale said:
If anyone wants to play Hearthstone or the StarCraft 2 Arcade, you can add me on Battle.net Haakonwale#2712

Done. I propably suck at Hearthstone though :)
My ID is Ventris# 2792, if anyone is interested.
VentrisFeb 4, 2014 6:53 AM

Feb 4, 2014 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
DOTA 2
^ A game for REAL men
Hands down beibeh
Feb 4, 2014 7:33 AM

Sep 2011
doraemon1992 said:
DOTA 2
^ A game for REAL men
Hands down beibeh
Dota 2 is too hardcore for me. i suk
Feb 4, 2014 7:55 AM

Sep 2011
Ventris said:
Haakonwale said:

Done. I propably suck at Hearthstone though :)
My ID is Ventris# 2792, if anyone is interested.
I suck too, so let's get better together.
Feb 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
sushiisawesome said:
Wait, whaaaaaat?!

What what what what why?

I do not admire Western games and Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time. I hereby give myself up and shall rot in pleb hell for all eternity. Farewell, enlightened ones. It was a great pleasure to be with you.

On a serious note, the skype chat must be bloody hilarious right now. Wish I can take a look at it, but exaaaams :'(
sushiisawesomeFeb 4, 2014 8:13 AM
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 4, 2014 8:25 AM

Mar 2011
PC shooters > all.

Anyone here remember Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory? If you do, I love you.
"The view from the bottom of a well may not be much, but you can see the sky and the stars really well. My world is small, but since I'm looking up at space night after night, you could say I'm a frog on a universal scale. When you gaze up at space all alone like that, the back of your mind goes quiet, and you feel as though you've gained an extraordinary amount of wisdom."
Feb 4, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Been playin' LoL a lot, yeah, that's a white guy game I play hehe.
Feb 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
SamuelLJackson said:
Mass Effect
Mass Effect
Mass Effect

So bout that Mass Effect...
Feb 4, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2011
doose ecks best vidja gayme

just look at these testimonials from pleased customer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZeZxQ9umWM
Feb 4, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
SamuelLJackson said:
Mass Effect
Mass Effect
Mass Effect

Its an incredible franchise. If four came out today I would be playing it yesterday.
Feb 4, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
SamuelLJackson said:
Nagisa33 said:
SamuelLJackson said:
Mass Effect
Mass Effect
Mass Effect

Its an incredible franchise. If four came out today I would be playing it yesterday.

Indeed! I loved it all. The Mass Effect series had the most solid character interactions and character development I've personally seen in a video game.

My favorite was Mass Effect 1 though. Exploring the fresh and expansive universe with its unique races and civilizations really had me invested. Discovering the prothean orbs and artifacts on the planets had me intrigued and added to my immersion. "The Vision" really upped my curiosity for the world.

When 2 came along the combat and controls got tighter but some of the RPG elements were lost (which I would have liked to see though it wasn't too big of a deal.) The characters were more fleshed out and the support missions were the high point.

Mass Effect 3 was a ton of fun and I felt like the pieces were falling in to place. I dug the ending and I chose synthesis. It fit with what I wanted and was aiming for.
Nagisa33Feb 4, 2014 4:39 PM
Feb 4, 2014 4:35 PM

May 2013
I really disliked the synthesis ending. Well, I really disliked the entire ending from the moment on Mars when they pulled that MacGuffin superweapon (whose development also made no sense) out of their ass, but the synthesis stuff was the worst of it. Very obviously space magic and it made no sense at all.
VentrisFeb 4, 2014 4:43 PM

Feb 4, 2014 4:40 PM
Nov 2009
I only liked M3 because my first playthrough was on the hardest difficulty available and I played charging Vanguard suicide bomber style.
Feb 4, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
id like to say battlefield 4 is the best game ever, its story made cry, my favorite character was the black guy because he was a guy who was black and he told me to open doors which id of never figured out on my own such a great puzzel, I enjoy the shooty shooty you do and how things look pretty when you shoot them

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 4, 2014 4:47 PM

May 2013
I liked ME3, but I still don't know how the last hours made it through internal quality review. Even my brother called it stupid and he was 11 at the time.

The game had another major flaw though: There was no gloating from Harbinger. I always liked it, when he called me a maggot and held speeches about my impending demise in ME2 . And then all he got was a 5 second cameo :(

Feb 4, 2014 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
honestly i really cant find anything nice to say about ME3, the writing was just so bad and felt like i was watching actors read off to do lists rather than dialogue with personality, character died for seemingly no reason, the main antagonist was a complete joke and he fought with a freaking metal sword which is like the least threatening thing in the world gameplay wise it just felt like a dumbed down gears of war which is another series i think is extremely below average

its not as bad as people build it out to be(dragon age 2 was way worse, and to a certain extent so was 1), but i think its a mess and pretty much confirmed to me i shouldnt buy another bioware game ever again....mainly because the people that made the magic in kotor and jade empire legitimately are not at the company anymore but i gave the newer people a chance and they let me down

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 4, 2014 4:55 PM
Nov 2009
I don't play games for story anyway. Skip button master.
Feb 4, 2014 5:26 PM

Apr 2013
I only played the first ME back then. It's quite hard to get a decent PC games in my place :s

mugi said:
I don't play games for story anyway. Skip button master.
Then Batman arkham series should fit your taste. or metal slug.
Feb 4, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
As far as gameplay goes, I enjoyed the exploration factor of one, however, it came with many flaws, namely, the Mako. Fuck that stupid ass truck.That piece of junk made no physical sense, and seeing it gone in the others brought warmth to my soul. It also got a bit repetitive after a while, not so much a problem in two and three.

As for what JizzonHitler is saying, I can't stand behind that at all. There really was no main antagonist, unless you count
, and I thought it was beautifully written, albeit the ending may not have been the greatest ending, but as much as people have complained, I don't see anyone coming up with anything better.

Also, USE SPOILERS PEOPLE. NOT EVERYONE HAS PLAYED THESE GAMES
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.