Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 12, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2012
DivAsakust said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
Honestly I had wondered if it might be something like that. Because it does seem strange that so many people could unknowingly enter a virtual reality game like this. The other explanations I thought of are: 1. They all entered knowingly, but the game was designed to make them forget... perhaps as some kind of test, or 2. They're all People of the Land... just programs designed to believe they're actually real people.

They talk about how things look different compared to from behind a monitor, and how the perspective is different. Also the manga shows Shiroe sitting behind a standard PC setup. So the game is definitely monitor with kb+mouse. I don't think VR tech exists in the world Mamare is writing.
Nah, that's simply because they used to play it on a regular computer screen. They're definitely really in this world, they already said as much... in the very beginning they said how confused they were on how they got there. The only mystery in that regard is how they entered the world... after the expansion pack, everyone suddenly found themselves in this world. Which is why three episodes ago when Shiroe asked Soujirou about the rest of the Tea Party, Soujirou said that Saki wasn't online during the expansion, so she isn't in the game.

No offense, but I'm kinda surprised you thought that... there's so many signs that this is real... the slavery, the fact that there's no menus, the fact that they have to do body movements to use abilities and magic, the fact that their in-game personas now adjust to their size/height and why Akatsuki mentioned how hard it was to walk around when she was too tall, the fact that you actually cook like in the real world rather than "using the menus", among many other things.
Dec 12, 2013 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
Senninn1 said:
I don't get it, why isn't there anyone called like zackattack67 or something like that. I can't believe that they are playing an online MMORPG with "normal" and easy names. Almost every game i've played i've had trouble picking names because someone is already using it.

Maybe the just chose different names when they came into the world? LOL dunno but this is getting INTERESTING!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Dec 12, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
No offense, but I'm kinda surprised you thought that... there's so many signs that this is real... the slavery, the fact that there's no menus, the fact that they have to do body movements to use abilities and magic, the fact that their in-game personas now adjust to their size/height and why Akatsuki mentioned how hard it was to walk around when she was too tall, the fact that you actually cook like in the real world rather than "using the menus", among many other things.

Oh what? I was talking about before the <Catastrophe>. Because you said "why people would enter a virtual reality game like this" when it wasn't.
Dec 12, 2013 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
TawnyWings said:
Senninn1 said:
I don't get it, why isn't there anyone called like zackattack67 or something like that. I can't believe that they are playing an online MMORPG with "normal" and easy names. Almost every game i've played i've had trouble picking names because someone is already using it.

Maybe the just chose different names when they came into the world? LOL dunno but this is getting INTERESTING!

Mamare Touno (Log Horizon/Maou Maoyuu Yuusha author) said that he went for names that would be easy for readers to remember instead of the general MMO names laced w/ alphanumeric characters. He already did that in Maoyuu (a hero named Hero for crying out loud lol).
Dec 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
DivAsakust said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

Oh what? I was talking about before the <Catastrophe>. Because you said "why people would enter a virtual reality game like this" when it wasn't.
Oh, my bad. Sorry about that confusion then. What I was saying there was, like swordstriker21 said about how they got there, just that if it's simply a virtual reality game then it is strange that they all somehow just got transferred into the game without their knowledge/permission. I was only trying to give some theories on how they could have ended up in that virtual world.
Dec 12, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
swordstriker21 said:
He already did that in Maoyuu (a hero named Hero for crying out loud lol).

Not exactly, Maoyuu was written in play format. So there are no 'character name' but just 'role or occupation'
Dec 12, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
DivAsakust said:
swordstriker21 said:
He already did that in Maoyuu (a hero named Hero for crying out loud lol).

Not exactly, Maoyuu was written in play format. So there are no 'character name' but just 'role or occupation'

Guess so. Thanks for the correction.
Dec 12, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2012
I can't help but notice! Is the composer of music for Log horizon the same one who made music for Fairy Tail??? :D a.k.a based music God Yasuharu Takanashi!
Dec 12, 2013 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
Great ep.
Dang.. a war against the land of the people...
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 13, 2013 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode <3
"Chief , Aishiteru " LOL

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 13, 2013 8:42 AM

Oct 2009
Man this show is sooo good! New characters and war coming? Next arc looking great!
Dec 13, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
have to say the show has been winning me back, the arc about rescuing sersera suffered from cliches and not taking much advantage of the world it was seemingly building ultimately feeling boring and forgettable

The recent turn of events however focusing on the politics, economy, and rules of the world has been fantastic and highly entertaining, they are taking the potential they had and using it effectively, the world building has been very good and the war with the people of the land has a ton of potential that I look forword to seeing this unfold. Characters still feel a bit bland outside of shiroe and im afraid they are introducing too many characters for the show's own good but at the moment its not detracting from the past few episodes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Nov 2012
I'm really liking this series so much x3 Finally the twins joined, I had been waiting for it since they first talked about them. Also, Akatsuki was as cute as ever <3
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Dec 18, 2013 3:36 AM

May 2010
Great episode as always, I really want to eat curry at least once
Dec 19, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
The playfield with guild was shown perfectly on a new world
That catdoll was so cute :3

Trying to get along with the NPC's was a surprising argument from Shiroe
Dec 19, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Nice world building as always
Dec 20, 2013 1:17 AM
Nov 2013
Senninn1 said:

Reason is because it is a simplification in order to make it easier to read. That being said the majority of the players that are central characters are experienced players who likely would have been able to pick up the "normal" names. Though especially for the newbie players it is highly unrealistic.
Dec 21, 2013 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like things are going well, but it seem like we're gonna see a main villian soon.
Dec 29, 2013 12:13 AM

Feb 2013
still wondering, who is the enemy... at first I thought the enemy was "bad" guilt but now people of the land.... o.0
Dec 31, 2013 7:29 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Looks like Shiroe's plan worked. A feast for the people in Akihabara, and curry as well. Akatsuki is kawaii as usual, and now Log Horizon has 2 more shrimps. "My lord, may I kick this user on the head?"

Looks like things are getting even better next episode.

Jan 1, 2014 1:58 AM
Mar 2009
Ooh, a possible war between the People of the Land and the players? That's gonna be bad.

That blond guy's in the ED so I assume he's going to join Log Horizon soon.

And Log Horizon add two more members to its ranks. Working their way up.
Jan 8, 2014 6:47 PM

Oct 2013
babymilo91 said:
Tohya and Minori decides to join Log Horizon. They were so happy that curry was going to be made lol. Looks like things are gonna get serious soon.

I honestly do not like the fact that they joined, unless they level up fast. I was expecting Log Horizon to be similar to the Debauchery Tea Party with only the best players including only level 90 players
Jan 8, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2012
Drakewinm said:
babymilo91 said:
Tohya and Minori decides to join Log Horizon. They were so happy that curry was going to be made lol. Looks like things are gonna get serious soon.

I honestly do not like the fact that they joined, unless they level up fast. I was expecting Log Horizon to be similar to the Debauchery Tea Party with only the best players including only level 90 players

Mamare Touno (the author) said in a forum that he would like to make LH a guild where all of the classes in Elder Tales are represented by one player each. It has nothing to do w/ their relative levels.
Jan 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
It's good to see Isaac of the Black Sword Knights has a nice side.
Hopefully, he shows himself as more of a bro than someone who betrays the council.
Feb 8, 2014 10:57 PM
Aug 2012
Like a virgin on her wedding night, I lay in wait...to hear the voice of Serara. LIKE HONESTY, she's just so cute even though she's not getting many linessssss, grrrr.

anyway, it's picking up a bit for me. Now that we've left that PKing business behind and there's a focus on building politics, economy, and relations, I feel like the show is getting much better. A war with the People of the Land sounds pretty interesting too.
Feb 12, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2013
man these NPCs mean srs bussinessz
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 19, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
There is not a single MMO where you are "forced" to name yourself xx_uBeRkIlLeR82_Xx. Of course names like Legolas, Harry Potter oder Son Goku are gone fast, but there are unlimited options to draw names from that sound good and fit whatever setting the game is set in.

You do not even have to use a name generator, just look at what movies or books etc. where popular 5 years ago and take a name from there, or use a minor character from a current work.

Instead of trying 100+ variations of "Arthur", "Lancelot" or "Mordred", use the relatively unknown Galeholt or Melwas. Heck, Melwas is sometimes even read as "prince of death", and in some versions he abducted Guinevere, prompting Arthur etc. to rescue her. Fitting name if you want to play evil, and more readily available than Mordred, especially if you use some of the variations of the name "Melwas", like "Maleagant". Some works have hundreds if not thousands named characters, take A Song of Ice and Fire or Lord of the Rings.

Or take the route Wakfu went, try to find words that sound good backwards, or combine some.

If the game is region restricted, or if you do not care that it might sound stupid to a native speaker, use names or even regular words of foreign language. Especially nice if some of the races or classes are actually styled after a specific region on earth, like Guild Wars did for example. Using an Asian name for an assassin or ritualist would not only raise the chances of the name actually being available, it would even fit the lore. And you can basically be called "super dark lord of desctruction" without it sounding stupid.

--

Back to Log Horizon: Maybe fitting names were actually required and enforced by the game masters? Major "plot hole" avoided in 5 seconds.
Feb 19, 2014 10:38 PM
Jun 2010
The Author already explain the reason why he chose those name, was to make it simpler for the readers.
Feb 20, 2014 1:19 AM

Mar 2013
Drakewinm said:

But the Tea Party was never really about that; it wasn't about strictly recruiting only the best players. The Tea Party was just that girl dragging around a bunch of her friends along with her to do random shit that she thought would be fun. It just so happened that those people included the likes of Shiroe and Soujirou.
Feb 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode. I'm glad the children finally joined, i figured they would sooner or later.

I wonder what those rings are and who that king dude is.
My Candies:
Feb 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
Well, the story sure have develloped nicely. Log Horizon now have 6 members! And I like that even if Shiroe is the guild master, he still call Nyanta ''chief'' xD

Akatsuki in a kimono :3

Shiroe sure owned everyone in that episode. Also we learned a lot of new thing, like that they can create invention and devellop the game in every direction.

That guy at the end, I guess that it was the King of Akihabara. I wonder if that war will become reality. Maybe he'll ask for an alliance by a wedding? Then Akatsuki would become jealous :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 28, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2011
First half was simple amazing, and second half was a good relief of the tension! They all love curry :3

I really love how they are building their own world, and apply law to it. Love how they have the sense of adventure of discovery, and invention. Good going!

Dat leader of the Black Swords Knight. >.> Looks can be deceiving.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2014 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
Cant Stop thinking about Curry now lol

Just wondering what ever happened to the Guild (Cant remember name) that walked out of the Conference that refused to be part of the Round Table Council? or rather refused to even talk about discussing it?

Great Cliffhanger,

Mar 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2010
Damn this show ALMOST brought me to tears AGAIN when those two lowbies joined Log Horizon :) I know that feel from playing MMORPGs. Never been good at those games though.

Black Sword Knight leader Isaac is actually a cool/good guy hope he stays that way.

Can't stop thinking about those "people of the land" from another place (spies maybe) and those rings too and the king. (waaaahhh better keep watching rather than posting on threads) >_<
Mar 30, 2014 9:08 AM

May 2012
Nice they have their new guild house getting prepared and those twins as new members! That ending sure was interesting I wonder what influence those new characters will have!
Apr 1, 2014 8:58 AM

May 2013
That scene where all of the guild leaders accepted to shiroe's idea is epic. Minori and Tohya joined lh as expected. Isaac is a good guy after all. Akatsuki si cute as usual >.<
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 4, 2014 6:09 PM

Dec 2010
I can't seem to care enough for this anime to even comment on it anymore..
Apr 7, 2014 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
Good luck Shiroe!
Apr 16, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Another wonderfull episode! curry night ;~), The guild master have come to a agree to help akihabara to be peaceful and the two kids joined the log horizon guild :DD Curry nighttt!! so epic, cant wait for next ep, getting invitation of the people of the land. "This is our new reality"
Apr 16, 2014 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
Cosplaying Water Summons is too EPIC!
Kawaiii Akatsuki & Curry Night! Can't get any better for a breather half of an episode.
Log Horizon is hitting all the right buttons in me & to alot of other people I see.
Jul 2, 2014 7:32 AM
May 2012
I kinda feel like Shiroe because I am currently wearing my glasses too ahahaha.
Log Horizon's crib looks really nice. I want to hang out there T^T Nice, Minori and Tohya joined Log Horizon. I am happy for them :D
Nice timing-level 20-blonde guy looks like a fun character.
Trouble and beautiful lady at the end :O

PrinceJ said:
Like a virgin on her wedding night, I lay in wait...to hear the voice of Serara. LIKE HONESTY, she's just so cute even though she's not getting many linessssss, grrrr.

I know right!!
Jul 4, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
The level 20 blonde guy was hilarious, I can't wait to see more of him.
I loved how Shirou went crazy for curry.
I think the NPC'S mean war.
Jul 26, 2014 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
Aug 2, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
I wish something happens.

Aug 12, 2014 10:55 PM
Mar 2014
Was actually semi-surprised that Shiroe allowed them to join. Was expecting the guild just to be the four members, or at least more exclusive? Although I guess that the whole point of making their group a "guild" was to get more people, and Shiroe likes helping others :)

Was surprised that the Black Night Guild was actually nice. One of the other combat ones gives me the evil vibes though (Guy in glasses across the table from Shiroe).

Also starting to really worry about the Cathedral now. Probably for no reason, but if someone buys that then all of Akhibara would kinda be screwed.
Aug 24, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
Aww, their excitement for curry was just so cute

Sep 14, 2014 6:03 PM

Nov 2013
I've seen the blonde guy only for 10 seconds but I already know I'm going to love him haahahaah. So far this series is better than SAO and I enjoyed that one too.
Oct 25, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
Awesome, Nazuna, another member of the Debauchery Tea Party, has appeared!
Lol, Isaac's so badass with his cosplaying summoners who make guild halls sparkle.
Lol, curry! (^_^)

A war against the People of the Land? Seems like a decision was already made.
Interesting more characters appear at the end, but blond level 20 nice timing dude is pretty cool.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 5, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2014
It was fantastic...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 15, 2014 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
as a politic geek, love seeing the construction of a society and the social contract.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.