Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2013 10:59 AM

Nov 2008
simply a great adaption so far~
Nov 30, 2013 11:15 AM

May 2013
How come no one has ever thought about it before? i mean, apperently lots of guilds have the money for it
Nov 30, 2013 11:17 AM

May 2013
That's great that Tohya can walk now. That scene with the wheelchair pulled on my heartstrings. Shirou is awesome, building his way to my favorite characters. I'm fine without real action and it can be politics for the rest of the episodes for all I care.
AqworldThunder said:
More inconsistencies with the plot...
Come on, by not explaining what these inconsistencies are, you are just asking for trouble.
_DoctorWho_ said:
How come no one has ever thought about it before? i mean, apperently lots of guilds have the money for it
Simply because they haven't, a lot of them didn't really care about the town before this meeting.
Baku219Nov 30, 2013 11:22 AM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 30, 2013 11:20 AM
Nov 2013
No matter how big strong and powerful the guilds are Shiro got them all by the balls and that elf turd who walked out would have flipped a shit if he heard all this lol Shiro is smart as hell sucks for those other guys.
Nov 30, 2013 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Baku219 said:
Simply because they haven't, a lot of them didn't really care about the town before this meeting.

Besides, it seems it's a new function, so it wasn't possible before the apocalypse. So mostly everyone was busy minding their own business, or making a living or extorting others or enslaving newbies (multiple choices possible).

So, Shiroe was just the first one to have the idea, just like Nyanta was the first one to apply his IRLcooking skills ingame (I guess his job or hobby IRL is cooking, because I daresay his recipes aren't your usual "throw something into the frying pan and eat it" recipes)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 30, 2013 11:34 AM

Aug 2012
This just keeps getting better and better. Shiroe is to awesome.
Nov 30, 2013 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
Well played Shiroe, well played. Can you imagine if Shiroe was trully evil? He would be ruling the world before the month was out! ^_^
Nov 30, 2013 11:45 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Also revealed in this episode: you can hurt others without it counting as combat. In other words, it's similar to a real world enhanced by RPG rules. However, the real world rules are still partially effective.

So far points that diverges from the original game:

-Item can be transferred physically instead of using menus. This probably bypasses all the restriction of non-transfer for EXP pots.
-Characters can be physically hurt and no count as combat as long as no "official" RPG skills, moves and attack are used.
-Cooking instead of using a cooking skill will keep the food's taste
-NPCs are clearly not AI. They are real people. They don't resurrect when they die and they are natively born.
-Any buildings can now be bought, which was previously impossible to do.

From these points, it seems reasonable to assume that they are not in a game but in a magical world that got their game framework tagged along. Most likely only consciousness are transferred to this world along with a special body. That would explain why they don't die.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 30, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
Awww~ snap did shiroe just did that? Daaaamn~ every time he does his magic it makes me grin along with him

and them smiles shiroe showed along the escape plans, u can just feel the emotions

Akatsuki's shredder joke was LOLOLOL at least the newbies are free from Hamelin's oppression especially the twins :)
Nov 30, 2013 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
Forgetfulness said:

Although, it did kinda bother me that they made the actual fighting (Akatsuki and the kids) comedic :|

It was a lot more tense in novels, and significally longer. I'm not sure it's good or bad I started to read light novels, awesome anime seems less awesome xD . But it still good adaption, just a lot of things are shortened.

For example Touya's illness. In LN it was a whole long chapter with explanations why twins are like they are and flashbacks of their real life, but in anime we've got just a scene with wheelchair which lasts few seconds. It was indeed touching, but the detailed story in the LN was better for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
Once again amazing episode.
Nov 30, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2013
Best ep. i really like this kinda conference. Shiroe is really my hero of the day!
Nov 30, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2011
So are they just gonna set up a peaceful town and sit around there the whole time? Is that where this show is headed? No one cares about reaching 91+ or the new expansion stuff apparently?
Nov 30, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2012
best ep.. hope those twin join LH guild.. nice rescue operation and Naotsugu sitting in the cathedral is like a finall boss for hamelin..

Nov 30, 2013 12:22 PM
Jan 2013
Oh so the Debauchery Tea Party is now "Log Horizon."

It's good that those two brats were able to escape.
Nov 30, 2013 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
The twins are finally saved, they're likely to join Log Horizon. XD
i sense a new arc is starting, bring on the next episode
Nov 30, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2008
Kittenpotpie said:
So are they just gonna set up a peaceful town and sit around there the whole time? Is that where this show is headed? No one cares about reaching 91+ or the new expansion stuff apparently?

Huh? How does bringing order into the city stop them from reaching level 91+ -_-
They are starting by bringing order and law into the city. After that, they will focus on more (Shiroe himself said that he wishes to bring that law to the rest of the world and there is still the issue of finding a way to get back to the real world). However, all their goals will be EASIER to accomplish due to the Round Table being formed (they can muster a great deal of funds and manpower, not to mention that thousands of players will be cooperating...for all senses and purposes, Shiroe formed a nation with a working government (Round Table)).
Nov 30, 2013 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
SkyTate said:
Glad to see Hamelin getting owned and banished from the guild hall.

Shiroe's plan has just begun... *smirks*

I'm curious if they will expand on all the commands shiroe has at his disposal.

In the scene with the two siblings, I'm interested in the mechanics of banning people from the guild hall. As soon as Schreider of the Hamelin guild was added to the blacklist, he instantly was transported outside the building.

They blatantly said you can't access your bank account, but now I also assume anyone that exits their guild hall & is on the ban list will even lose access to their guild hall completely.... How can Schreider re-enter his guild hall if he can't enter the main building?

If someone is in their guild hall & their name is added to the black list, do they get instantly booted or get booted once they leave their guild hall?

Does Shinroe have the only access level needed to make changes or can he delegate different levels? When Akatsuki / "Shrimp" is using telepathy with Shinroe to give Schreider's name, it lays the context that ONLY Shinroe can make changes.. I'd still like a simple clarification either way.

---------------------------------

I haven't followed the manga so...

For those that have/are reading the manga & watching the anime

Assuming the manga isn't ending anytime soon....

Based on how much of the manga's material has been used so far, what are your thoughts on if there will be left over manga / story arc material after the 25th episode?

MAL shows the anime being 25 episodes long. This is already making me anxious as I doubt the remaining episodes can cover the different possible story arc's.

SAO was great, but I already feel like LH has laid the ground work for at least a few more seasons that could cover different story arc's that are vital to the environment of the "virtual universe".

Shinroe's plans for rebuilding the society of the "Main" city.
Plenty of other cities that aren't known atm.
Different activity's / raids etc dealing with the new expansion to Elder Tale.
"Guild Wars"

Just a few possibilities off the top of my head that if done correctly, could easily extend the life of the anime.

Nov 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:
Crusty's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses

Shiroe's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/Machiavellian schemes
/glasses

It's funny, because it's true.

heiqi1hu said:
Best ep. i really like this kinda conference. Shiroe is really my hero villain of the day!

Fixed.
Nov 30, 2013 1:59 PM
Nov 2013
severen1999 said:
I haven't followed the manga so...

For those that have/are reading the manga & watching the anime

Assuming the manga isn't ending anytime soon....

Based on how much of the manga's material has been used so far, what are your thoughts on if there will be left over manga / story arc material after the 25th episode?

MAL shows the anime being 25 episodes long. This is already making me anxious as I doubt the remaining episodes can cover the different possible story arc's.

SAO was great, but I already feel like LH has laid the ground work for at least a few more seasons that could cover different story arc's that are vital to the environment of the "virtual universe".

Log Horizon's original material is Light Novel not Manga. I believe we're winding down on the 2nd Volume. With another 4 volumes being that there are 6 currently out with a 7th coming December 20th.

But given the OP of the anime alone we'll make at least volume 4. Expect the anime to end somewhere on volume 4 or 5. If I am reading this right.
Nov 30, 2013 2:35 PM
Jun 2010
LOL, I love Serara reaction when she learn about Shiroe personality.

OMG, don't forget Akatsuki 's attitude when she was being pick up with 1 hand. It's like saying, you're not worth anything to pay attention to XD
Nov 30, 2013 2:42 PM

Jul 2012
Man, this show is just great with how it handles game mechanics and guild politics. Really glad this is 2-cour.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 30, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2013
This show just keeps getting better
Nov 30, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
Building an Empire: the anime.

I'm really glad this is 2-cour.
Nov 30, 2013 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
5/5 enuf said..
Keep moving forward
Nov 30, 2013 3:37 PM
Feb 2012
So the main quest is to conquer the world, and create a peaceful world. Well that is not surprising at all :D
Nov 30, 2013 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
that moment when the merchant guilds while knowing they were tricked just accept it and smile

shiroe op
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Nov 30, 2013 3:48 PM
Apr 2010
so, he bought the entire building, thats fucking retarded.
Nov 30, 2013 3:50 PM
Mar 2009
Great episode!

5/5

The coup was pulled off without much effort, looking forwards to see how things resolve next time....
Nov 30, 2013 3:51 PM
Mar 2009
R4diance said:
so, he bought the entire building, thats fucking awesome!

FTFY XD
Nov 30, 2013 3:55 PM

Oct 2013
Shiroe, ruler of the new world

http://i.imgur.com/Tvl1V4V.jpg
Nov 30, 2013 4:03 PM
Jul 2013
Well, even if the whole episode was dialogue, surprise Shiroe buying the building was impressive for all guilds. And children were rescatdos, hooray?
Nov 30, 2013 4:10 PM

Oct 2009
Log has been decent up until now. This episode finally made this show worth the time to watch. Its now above average, which is a 6. Sure as hell won't reach the 9 mark but has a chance to hit 8. I hope it gets better.
Nov 30, 2013 4:37 PM
Oct 2013
I need cross over anime between shiroe vs lelouch (without those eyes) :3
Nov 30, 2013 4:40 PM

Mar 2012
_DoctorWho_ said:

No they don't?
Did you skipped the part where they abuse McDonalds and scam 3 of the biggest guilds to get the money?
Even if huge guilds like D.D.D may have the money, It's just too expensive and troublesome to deal with since they're a Battle Guild.
Nov 30, 2013 4:41 PM

Feb 2012

Log Horizon's original material is Light Novel not Manga. I believe we're winding down on the 2nd Volume. With another 4 volumes being that there are 6 currently out with a 7th coming December 20th.

But given the OP of the anime alone we'll make at least volume 4. Expect the anime to end somewhere on volume 4 or 5. If I am reading this right.

Thank You for your thoughts = ) I usually follow anime not manga. I didn't even realize LH is based on a novel & not a manga.

Still sad that while each episode is getting better and better, only 16 eps left.

Nov 30, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2011
Glad this has 24 ep. I still want a Shiroe X Akatsuki pairing at the end though. Also, still aiting for a legit Log Horizin and Kill la Kill Doujin.
Nov 30, 2013 4:47 PM

Sep 2010
sentience said:
This series made me miss MMORPG role-playing so much I wish there would be an MMORPG spin-off from this game. The class system seems so interesting to play around with.
Agree. ^^ Unfortunately, it probably couldn't match the anime.

_DoctorWho_ said:
It looks like 5 million gold is considered a LOT of money in Elder Tale, to the point that only the largest merchant guilds could bankroll Shiroe's venture. Purchasing the guild building might not have looked profitable, unless they wanted to be tyrants and tax the hell out of players just to use the bank. x.x
Since they've only been in Elder Tale for a few weeks (I think), it's still plausible to me that Shiroe could be the first to buy the guild building. Imagine if such a powerful asset were to fall into the wrong hands though. X.X

severen1999 said:
I'm curious if they will expand on all the commands shiroe has at his disposal.

In the scene with the two siblings, I'm interested in the mechanics of banning people from the guild hall. As soon as Schreider of the Hamelin guild was added to the blacklist, he instantly was transported outside the building.

They blatantly said you can't access your bank account, but now I also assume anyone that exits their guild hall & is on the ban list will even lose access to their guild hall completely.... How can Schreider re-enter his guild hall if he can't enter the main building?

If someone is in their guild hall & their name is added to the black list, do they get instantly booted or get booted once they leave their guild hall?

Does Shinroe have the only access level needed to make changes or can he delegate different levels? When Akatsuki / "Shrimp" is using telepathy with Shinroe to give Schreider's name, it lays the context that ONLY Shinroe can make changes.. I'd still like a simple clarification either way.
It looks to me like Shiroe owns the guild -building-, but not the individual guild -halls-. That is, he owns the corridors, but not the rooms. (Quirky Real Estate rules I guess. O.o)
The members of Hamelin that were already blacklisted weren't able to open the door to the guild building's corridors, hence, it appears they are trapped in their guild hall. I assume they can escape by suicide - then they'll end up at the cathedral.
As for the member of Hamelin ("Shredder") who was in the corridor at the time he was blacklisted, he got teleported outside immediately.
Since Hamelin's guild hall is inside the guild building, it looks like Hamelin will be unable to use their guild hall.

Also, yes, looks like only Shiroe can edit the blacklist.

...that's my interpretation of the access system.

About Tohya and Minori:
Their backstory reminds me of a similar case in Angel Beats. However, in Log Horizon, it's treated as such a minor backstory that it's not much of a tearjerker for me. I guess it would have been nice to give their backstory more focus. O.o

About Naotsugu:
How did Naotsugu intercept Shredder just outside the guild building when Naotsugu was meant to rendevous with anyone ending up at the Cathedral? Did I miss something, or is this just a minor inconsistency?

About Kannagi:
Anyone know if this character will make a major appearance in the anime: http://lh.oksub.me/images/thumb/d/d9/Kannagi_cutout.png/150px-Kannagi_cutout.png ? Just noticed them in the background of the round table meeting.

About Shiroe:
While it's interesting to see Shiroe masterminding complex plans, I think it could get boring unless we see some flaws from Shiroe. I'm not counting the "villainous" reputation as a flaw... yet. O.o
Lelouch was a brilliant tactician, but there was one time when he was cornered by the enemy commander's tactics and CC had to bail him out.
Shiroe also reminds me of Keima from TWGOK. While Keima is a brilliant strategist, his rejection of real life as just a shitty game is kinda funny. ^^ Also, it was interesting to see him feeling defeated when his strategy to win over one of the girls appeared to have failed.
TakataNov 30, 2013 5:11 PM
Nov 30, 2013 5:52 PM
Jul 2013
Damn, Shiroe so smartt!

5 million gold!? So who did he buy the guild from? Or no one was the owner and he found out that the buying price is 5 million gold by default? Cuz dayummm, did he blackmail them.

Nice OST this episode too! Loving this anime to bits!
Nov 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2011
Tony777 said:
Log has been decent up until now. This episode finally made this show worth the time to watch. Its now above average, which is a 6. Sure as hell won't reach the 9 mark but has a chance to hit 8. I hope it gets better.

I'm thinking this series can be pretty damn good at this rate.

Shiroe's a boss. Devil in glasses? >:3
Nov 30, 2013 6:10 PM

Oct 2012
Shiroe really is the villain in glasses
Nov 30, 2013 6:13 PM

Oct 2013
really liked how hi plan was to buy the guild buildings zone and how he was able to kick out that whole dark guild like it was nothing.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Nov 30, 2013 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
what...
that's like if i could buy the auction house in orgrimmar.
IMPOSSIBRU LOOOL
Nov 30, 2013 7:04 PM
Dec 2012
Great episode, Shiroe you clever bastard.
Nov 30, 2013 7:07 PM

Mar 2012
Shiroe reminds me of Lelouch, he is now the Anti-Hero of the show.

Geez. Log Horizon needs more action -_-

this is another deconstruction of shounen anime.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 30, 2013 7:43 PM

Aug 2009
I really don't mind if we actually get no action in this show... I'm enjoying it a lot as it is now.
Nov 30, 2013 8:15 PM
Nov 2013
just finished LN Volume 6.
mind fucked. really fucked.
u guys have no idea what actually happening in this world

from OP i think anime will end at volume 4.
cant wait for season 2 :(

Mod Edit: Spoiler from Light Novel removed. Do not discuss the Light Novel beyond this point!
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:35 PM
Nov 30, 2013 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
"Villian in Glasses" isn't suited for Shiroe, rather "Demon in Glasses" is more suited to him.
Well done Shiroe, well done indeed.
lawl at Serara's reaction xD
I suppose it's going just like it's mentioned in the LN.. (Can't quite remember clearly)
I do agree with some of the above comments, I do wish there was more of a backstory of both Minori and Tohya, perhaps in the next episode, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for that.
Expecting 2 new members for LH!
As for those who want more action, there should be plenty in the next arc.
A week is too long to wait out ;-;
I want moar Akatsuki and Minori >.<
SandyBoiNov 30, 2013 8:39 PM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.