Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Will you watch Space Dandy dubbed or subbed?
Nov 10, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
I'm curious to see how many people will watch dubbed/subbed since they're both coming out at around the same time. I'll be watching it subbed, but I might be curious about checking the dub quality for this.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2009
i will check out both and if dubbed is good then i will go for that one
Nov 16, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
tsudecimo said:
Edit:
> Suwabe Junich voices Dandy

Yep, definitely sub

This.
Nov 17, 2013 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
watnanabe shows have a really good track record with dubs, and since its releasing in English first that means they definetly have faith in it. So im more than likely gonna watch the dub

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 17, 2013 8:19 PM

Dec 2012
It depends on the voice actors for the dub. Personally, I feel like dubs nowadays aren't nearly as good as they once were (Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho). Although there definitely have been some hits out there with dubs (Death Note was ALRIGHT, as was Code Geass). I'll stick with subbed for now.
Nov 21, 2013 12:51 AM

Dec 2010
I'll be doing dubbed since it comes out first, and I haven't seen a dubbed anime in quite some time.
Nov 22, 2013 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
At first, I couldn't decide, but when I saw that Dandy was being voiced by Junichi Suwabe, my mind was made up. I'm watching it subbed.
Nov 22, 2013 12:47 PM

Nov 2010
Most likely subbed but I'll probably check out the dub's first episode too as they are releasing at the same time.
Nov 24, 2013 7:17 PM
Nov 2013
Dubs for bebop and champloo were very good, I have no reason not to believe the dub for space dandy won't be good too. I'm very interested in seeing who the english voices are.
Nov 25, 2013 1:11 PM

Feb 2011
Dubbed. I prefer almost all my anime in dub, so this one is no exception.
Nov 25, 2013 1:44 PM

Nov 2012
Most likely subbed but if the dubbed sounds good then i'll go with that. I usually always go with subbed though.
Nov 25, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2007
I'll go with dubs first. If I don't like it I'll switch.
Nov 25, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
So im really getting curious especially as close to the air date as we are getting, when the hell will we actually learn whos voicing who in the dub

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 30, 2013 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
I'm not a dub hater like most of the fanboys here so I will watch both.
Nov 30, 2013 10:29 PM

Nov 2010
Seriousti said:
I'm not a dub hater like most of the fanboys here so I will watch both.
Almost everyone said they are watching it dubbed so I don't know what you're talking about.
Dec 2, 2013 12:03 PM
Dec 2011
Since the Dub is gonna be on my TV anyway, I will probably go with that.
Dec 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
Dubbed, because I really want to support the idea of televised simulcasts.
Dec 2, 2013 1:14 PM

Feb 2012
Dubbed, if I ever watch it.
Dec 2, 2013 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
Both for me
Dec 2, 2013 1:52 PM

Feb 2012
I'd say dubbed to start with, if I don't like it I'll switch to sub. Even I really like the series i'll most likely just end up watching both.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Dec 2, 2013 1:56 PM

Jun 2012
Probably sub, unless the dub is uploaded first.
Dec 3, 2013 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
dubbed I think
Dec 3, 2013 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
Akanezora said:
tsudecimo said:
Edit:

Yep, definitely sub

This.
Dec 5, 2013 3:56 AM
Jun 2013
I'll be watching it dubbed, because it airs earlier, and just because I enjoy it more hearing it in a language I understand. This isn't the case if the dub sucks, but it seems like a lot of work is being put into this.
Dec 5, 2013 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
Dubbed. What I wanna know is why Animelist put it as January 5th since it will be airing January 4th. I know Japanese has it the 5th but still, the airs FIRST on the 4th pf January.
Dec 5, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
rjr2992 said:
Dubbed, because I really want to support the idea of televised simulcasts.

That actually changed my opinion a little bit. I'll try both, but if I choose subbed, I'll at least have the tv on for the dubs so I can support the cause.
[url][/url]
Dec 7, 2013 7:22 AM

Jan 2013
Dubbed, if only because Watanabe shows happen to be great (I think better) dubbed. Everything else I watch with subs, but somehow they just get it right with his series.
Dec 8, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
I'm not going to watch it either way, but if I were, I'd go with subs.
.................................................................................
Dec 8, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Depends on which vas I like better.
Dec 9, 2013 1:03 AM

Feb 2012
i'll start with subbed, but if the dubbed is better or if this series is really heavy on animation i'll change to dubbed~
Dec 10, 2013 4:06 AM

Sep 2011
smilewolfy said:
i'll start with subbed, but if the dubbed is better or if this series is really heavy on animation i'll change to dubbed~
The series will be very heavy on animation no doubt, Your taking a godly studio like bones, combining them with wattannabe who's shows always get the most buttery movement possible and then combining that with being colorful as all hell.

I mean just look at this trailer, this is essentially the reason im set on watching dub, the anmation is just so colorful and moving at every possible second
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woO8s-1P3xg

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2012
Probably sub because only sub version is going to air here.
Dec 10, 2013 4:18 AM

Sep 2011
--__-- said:
Probably sub because only sub version is going to air here.
The corner of the middle of your room really keeps getting jipped on broadcasts and foreign releases.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 15, 2013 3:02 PM

May 2013
I watch mostly subbed nowadays, used to watch mostly dub, either is whatever. I go for whatever I see first, so probably dub with Toonami.

EVERYONE SUPPORT TOONAMI WITH THIS!
Dec 16, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
I will probably never watch it but if I do I will go with subs.

Edit:

Yep, definitely sub

Who the fuck is that? Sounds like a can.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Dec 20, 2013 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
watching sub first
Dec 20, 2013 10:52 AM
Mar 2010
tsudecimo said:

Edit:
> Suwabe Junichi voices Dandy

Yep, definitely sub

Yup, pretty much confirms that I'll watch it subbed. I've always preferred subbed anime anyway. And Suwabe's voice....yes, yes, YES!!

MajinSaga said:

You did not just insult Junichi Suwabe-sama...!

Lol, jk, if you don't like him that's fine especially since from your sig I can tell you prefer dubs.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 20, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:
tsudecimo said:

Edit:
> Suwabe Junichi voices Dandy

Yep, definitely sub

Yup, pretty much confirms that I'll watch it subbed. I've always preferred subbed anime anyway. And Suwabe's voice....yes, yes, YES!!

MajinSaga said:

You did not just insult Junichi Suwabe-sama...!

Lol, jk, if you don't like him that's fine especially since from your sig I can tell you prefer dubs.
Suwabe is the best, he plays villains better though, him as relius from blazblue is just chillingly awesome, too bad im not too confident in his survival chances of chronophantasma especially considering the next game will be the final one

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 21, 2013 2:15 AM

Aug 2012
I'll check out the dub just because I appreciate the fact that toonami/adult swim had the balls, tenacity, and smarts to do something like this I really think that if american television wants to successfully air anime that doing something like this will have to be done. That being said I'll likely end up watching the subs first because IMO a lot of western anime voice actors give very cheesy and phoned in performances, i can watch it without commercials, the download will likely be up first, and it will be airing on toonami on saturday nights so I'm sure i'll end up missing a lot of episodes if i stick to the dub.
Dec 21, 2013 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
If the dub is actually good then i'll watch that. Have not had the chance to watch to many dubs recently.
Dec 24, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2010
I'll probably watch it subbed, but if I ever feel like re-watching it someday I might as well try the dub if I hear good things about it.
Dec 24, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
I decide to go for the dub after watching the dubbed trailer, that way i can focus on the gorgeous animations, plus ian Sinclair sounds like hes doing a great job on the line delivery

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 24, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
that way i can focus on the gorgeous animations

god fucking dammit, how many times are you gonna say this.

we get it shiet
i was on the fence before, now finally seeing the dubbed trailer i said my final thought

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 24, 2013 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
I can tell both are gonna be great, but cmon now why waste time on looking at subtitles?
Dec 24, 2013 9:55 PM

Nov 2010
trunghuynh90 said:
I can tell both are gonna be great, but cmon now why waste time on looking at subtitles?
Because they prefer Japanese, because unlike you they don't think the English voices will be great, because they don't understand English and already are used to watching anime with subs, because they don't see reading subs as wasting time, there's many reasons.
Dec 24, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2011
trunghuynh90 said:

heres your answer

IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
Because they prefer Japanese, because unlike you they don't think the English voices will be great, because they don't understand English and already are used to watching anime with subs, there's many reasons.

also that

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 24, 2013 10:11 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
Because they prefer Japanese, because unlike you they don't think the English voices will be great, because they don't understand English and already are used to watching anime with subs, because they don't see reading subs as wasting time, there's many reasons.
I understand your point and I have experience both sides and it usually who sounds more authentic or have the more superior voice acting, but If it were in equal term my point is exact for that reason
trunghuynh90Dec 24, 2013 10:15 PM
Dec 24, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2010
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
I understand your point and I have experience both sides and it usually who sounds more authentic or have the more superior voice acting, but If it were in equal term my point is exact.
No, if they were equal and everyone accepted that then that would only get rid of my second reason. And there are still more I haven't thought of or typed down.
Dec 24, 2013 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
I understand your point and I have experience both sides and it usually who sounds more authentic or have the more superior voice acting, but If it were in equal term my point is exact.
No, if they were equal and everyone accepted that then that would only get rid of my second reason. And there are still more I haven't thought of or typed down.
why do we need subtitle? that's not the point im trying to get at before you start listing.
Dec 24, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2010
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
why do we need subtitle? that's not the point im trying to get at before you start listing.
Learn to type coherent sentences and then come back.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Apr 25, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.