Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2009 4:23 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Um... I need to check back on the main plot of the episode when subs came out because I cannot understand a single word of the main plot =/ Looks like it took place in a funeral home though.

One thing VERY interesting at the end, though

Anyways, the next episode looks like a rip-off of episode 20 from season 1. Remember Jigoku Shounen vs. Jigoku Shoujo? Now it's Jigoku Professor (or however you translate it) vs. Jigoku Shoujo, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 14, 2009 4:46 PM

Mar 2008
Wow Wow Wow!!! Mitsuganae is just getting better and better.

My first impression of this episode was.. COOL.. i knew it would be great when this scene was shown just before the title. The beauty in the expression of Life and Death.. just super..

Yuzuki sure got a lot of screen time this episode.. and she's just drop-dead KAWAII in this episode.. can't get enough of her.

And we see the Hell Club in mourning clothes.. and Yuzuki noticed them.. of course, they look exactly the same, so anyone would recognize them in a split second, but NO. They have more tricks under their sleeves than you thought.. haha. That one really got me! can't believe they have such a convenient skill.

Okay, let's get on with the jigoku nagashi... I can't believe this idiot drank it! What's the problem with him??? He didn't need to Fuc*ing drink that! sheesh.. that was just outrageous, and i was throwing a rampage in front of my laptop.. but of course there was a reason.. i guess he was thinking, "If I can't have sex with my sister, then I might as well die and sacrifice my skull for her masterpiece" ^^;

And the great Secret is told.. but of course everybody expected this, i believe. This was so expected, but sooo surprising when Ai says it so casually. and this episode was just great coz it synchronized the theme with yuzuki. DESTINY. Mikage Yuzuki Banzai!

I think this means we won't have a 4th season since Enma Ai is retiring? or maybe not? mr. watanabe is quite the man, anyways.
lonehunter88Feb 14, 2009 5:43 PM
Feb 14, 2009 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
Interesting... anyways, did anyone else notice the horrible art in this episode?

Feb 14, 2009 5:04 PM

Mar 2008
guyklc said:
Interesting... anyways, did anyone else notice the horrible art in this episode?

nope not really..
i did notice a lot of shadows tho.. but i think that's becoz i watched on tudou.. ^^;;; slow-loading low quality sighs..
Feb 14, 2009 5:26 PM

Mar 2008
guyklc said:
Um... I need to check back on the main plot of the episode when subs came out because I cannot understand a single word of the main plot =/ Looks like it took place in a funeral home though.

hmm basically, the woman is supposed to take over the family, and the family's flower arrangement technique coz she's the only daughter (officially). but she disliked the idea when she was yuzuki's age, mostly becoz her mother kept on telling her she has to take over the family. so she ran away and wasnt very close with his father..
but of course, these type of family always have a bastard child XD so the bi*ch (sorry i really have bad memory for names) tries to kill her and take all the fortune away. but that failed, coz the other bastard child sacrificed himself unnecesarily..
basically, the name of the title, 「雪月花」 is the expression of the secret flower arrangement style of the family, 「百鬼」 where they use skeletons as the base of the arrangement instead of a vase. and it is also where the names of the three children come from..
in the end, the woman finds that her true fascination was not in the normal flower arrangement, but the secret/essence of flower arrangement, 「百鬼」. and that it's her destiny.. and yuzuki will find that she's fascinated in sending ppl to hell too XD
Feb 14, 2009 11:29 PM

Aug 2008
Hm, thanks for the summary.

When I said bad art, I meant there were some scenes where Yuzuki was terribly animated. I believe the scene right before she sees her "senseis" at the funeral home is a good example.

Feb 15, 2009 1:07 AM

Mar 2008
guyklc said:

When I said bad art, I meant there were some scenes where Yuzuki was terribly animated. I believe the scene right before she sees her "senseis" at the funeral home is a good example.

hm i still dont notice anything weird.. well, i dont really notice these kind of things.. hehe.. if possible, maybe a screenshot?
Feb 15, 2009 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
lonehunter88 said:
guyklc said:

hm i still dont notice anything weird.. well, i dont really notice these kind of things.. hehe.. if possible, maybe a screenshot?

I'd do a screenshot... but I don't know how to do that (Yes, I'm a noob)

Feb 15, 2009 5:35 PM
Jul 2008
can't wait for the sub to come out though i quite get what's going on in this episode.
Mar 21, 2009 2:23 AM
Nov 2008
Well rather good ep. And a good time to reveal what Yuzuki has been through most of the time for...

The ED make sense now
XD
May 8, 2009 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
Oo!! Yuzuki destined to become Jigoku Shoujo is a nice twist. As i think about it i kind of like the idea. It would be interesting seeing her saying "Ippen shinde miru?"

And by the way you can always throw the drink away you idiot!!!!!
May 28, 2009 12:44 AM

Mar 2009
Did anyone else find her flower arranging to be kind of useless or ugly? o.O I mean when she rearranged yuzuki's flowers, it didn't really make it look any better or when she arranged the flowers on the skull it looked ugly to me o_o....well, i guess this *IS* an anime lol.

fan service for incest lol. I wonder what they were doing behind that paper door *wink wink* keke. stupid for drinking the thing. he should have just told the lawyer to drink it -.-'
Sep 28, 2009 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
Yuzuki's awakening is what I'm waiting for.

Her knowing more and more about the Jigoku Shoujo is really interesting.
Now she knows that her teachers are companions of Enma Ai.

That idiot drank the poison instead of throwing it away, what a dumb ass.
Jan 25, 2010 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
wow the guy risked his life... if i was him id b like wait... pick it up and say u try it first or theres a bug in it... haha!!! and wow the ending... i feel bad 4 yuzuki!!!
Feb 3, 2010 4:48 PM

Aug 2009
Yuzuki = Future Jigoku Shoujo = Plot has started again!:D

Ai looked great at the end,with her hair blowing all dramatically...xD She looked total bada$$-y.8D
Feb 14, 2010 9:56 AM
Oct 2008
"U-uso... Atashi ga Jigoku Shoujo" <--- yep I she couldn't believe it. Me neither.
I finally started again after a year to watch Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae from eps 15; at eps 18 I thought that Yuzuki-chan might be the next Jigoku Shoujo.
I can't believe it though... =.=" Yuzuki's fate is kinda predictable. ... but her thoughts are very different from Ai-chan;

-WolfLove- said:
Yuzuki = Future Jigoku Shoujo = Plot has started again!:D

Ai looked great at the end,with her hair blowing all dramatically...xD She looked total bada$$-y.8D

=)) yep; JSM has a story again; and Ai-chan really looked awsome; and not just at the end of this eps; in all JS series ^w^ *Me likes red eyes :d*

Sep 11, 2010 11:41 PM
Aug 2008
Wow, the sound track of this series is amazing. The music really set the mood when Enma Ai told Yuzuki she was the next Jigoku Shoujo.
Oct 14, 2010 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
The only good part of this episode was when Ai told Yuzuki that she would be the next Jigoku Shoujo.. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Oct 29, 2010 10:57 AM
Sep 2009
Moonfrost said:
Yuzuki's awakening is what I'm waiting for.

Her knowing more and more about the Jigoku Shoujo is really interesting.
Now she knows that her teachers are companions of Enma Ai.

That idiot drank the poison instead of throwing it away, what a dumb ass.

It was for maximum impact. He knew what was in the drink, the server knew what was in the drink, and so he sucked it up before his mistress could. This scares the (pardon the pun) Hell out of the server, because not only did it hit the wrong target, the wrong target knew precisely what was going on and called him out right in front of the person he was trying to kill. He could have- and likely had- already informed his mistress of an upcoming attempt on her life, which puts a very serious kink in their plans.
Still didn't need to drink the whole thing, though. A sip or two would have done, and put him out of commission for only a few days while sending the same message. :\
Just my two cents.
Feb 20, 2011 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
So.. the next Jigoku Shoujo.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 25, 2011 3:58 AM
Jun 2011
The ending was *0*
Aug 16, 2011 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
The story of this episode was average. For some reason I was feeling we'll get incest again, but this episode was nearly as dramatic and touching as the one from Futukamori.

Still there was great piece in this episode and of course it was the ending - it's not like I didn't see it coming but the way it was presented - so dramatic, I can easily put it on pair with the most dramatic and touching moments from Jigoku Shoujo.

I guess there won't be any more seasons, the ending will probably something dramatic and it will include closure in my opinion. I already feel sad =\
Jan 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2009
NO WAY! ;~;

THAT GIRL CAN NEVER REPLACE ENMA! ;~;
Mar 16, 2012 8:29 PM
Jul 2009
For everyone saying he could have thrown away the drink: If he had done that, then the others wouldn't know for sure that there was poison in it, and the lady could have said he was falsely accusing her.

Plus, if he drank it himself, it would give his sister reason to get revenge.
Jul 17, 2012 12:26 AM

Jul 2011
this episode was ok not the best not the worst
Aug 10, 2012 5:42 PM

May 2012
Great episode with a great story was quite dull at first but when they brought dead/skulls in to flower arrangement that was quite interesting!

But what I totally didn't expected was that ending that Yuzuki someday will become Jigoku Shoujo!

Great episode though!
Sep 20, 2012 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
Only sweet pure girls, can replace Emma.

This episode brought the full on Japanese culture!
Sep 25, 2012 3:39 AM

Jan 2012
holy clueless viewers batman

how can you not tell from the art even before watching the show that she has a potential to be hell girl?

creative and dark episode nonetheless
Oct 3, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
So Yuzuki = next Jigoku Shoujo? I hope they can explain this, otherwise that's going to kill this season for me.

On a lighter note, Yuzuki has terrible luck. Everyone she meets has a very troubled personal life and they all get damned to hell within a day or two. If I were her, I'd become a shut-in, and never leave my house. Work online, go to school online, shop online, ect.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Mar 6, 2013 2:33 AM

Jun 2012
From the moment Enma mentioned about her fate, I knew she's gonna be next Jigoku Shoujo... that was a nice twist :D

Pretty interesting episode as well.
Aug 24, 2013 1:16 PM
Aug 2012
i first had that thought, that yuzuki would become hell girl, when i saw the ed with the room full of doll like girls which included Ai and yuzuki (bound together with the red string). it seems to be something that is passed down. however, it doesnt seem like the next hell girl is chosen out of random. im going to guess that yuzuki will do something drastic that will be befit her for that position just as Ai did in her own past.
Dec 7, 2013 6:26 AM

Jun 2012
the episode was pretty good but what a weird school that was.

from the beginning i had a vague feeling she would become the new hell girl but like the person above me said i think Yuzuki would have to do something drastic like Ai did before she become hell girl.

now i think back Ai told her its for you to decide at first i thought she meant for Yuzuki to take revenge or not but now i think it can mean that she got to decide if she becomes hell girl or not ( not likely what she meant would probably not be such a easy decision)

got a feeling Yuzuki will go berserk cause she can't stop people from using hell link and that she then does something drastic and then becomes hell girl.

maybe Ai is mean cause she is giving her task to someone else to be free :O still love Ai and hopes she stay hell girl not Yuzuki.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Aug 18, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Average episode, with a twist that was not properly a twist because it was expected.
Dec 13, 2014 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
Decent episode though the plot developement at the end was nice!

Oct 14, 2015 2:26 AM

Aug 2014
Well that makes sence.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 22, 2016 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
wtf no one can REPLACE ai. NO ONE. I'M NOT ALLOWING THIS. YUZUKI IS CANCELLED. BYE BITCH
Xtina is my mother!
Jul 14, 2017 7:31 PM
Mar 2016
but i like ai as hell girl :( i liked the skull and flower aesthetics in this episode, really brought it to life
Oct 31, 2017 7:59 AM

May 2015
So put the flowers in the skull. That's brutal.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 1, 2021 9:17 AM

Mar 2019
Quoting what the 2nd person to write in this thread said: ""If I can't have sex with my sister, then I might as well die and sacrifice my skull for her masterpiece" ^^;". I can't find another reason as to why that idiot drank the poison. No one told him to, he could have just thrown it away and that would be it. Also damn, that big plot reveal at the end. I don't really like it, jigoku shoujo and Ai Enma are the same. I don't want another human playing that role. I also don't understand why her. Ai did it because she cursed a whole village and she did this to atone for what she did.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 10, 2022 1:59 PM

Jan 2020
Another episode about a sibling dying so they cannot commit incest and while the last one at least had some sense to it.

This one was completely stupid, there were other ways of going about that scene, has anyone in the Jigoku Shoujou universe ever heard of a thing called the police?
There were likely fingerprints on that poisoned drink,you had three potential eye witnesses (if he informed the older servant) and a strong motive, there was no way the prepator was getting out of this.

Back to the topic of the taboo. I know that Japan has a honor based society and that such taboos are frowned upon much more, but honestly commiting suicide is a completely ridiculous reaction.

Firstly, they were unaware of their relation, so is everyone else for that matter, also its not like they actually grew up like siblings, therefor while not the best option to take, consentual incest is not that morally wrong.

Sure, its disgusting, but the story framed the brother being so heads over heels for her, that he could not even think about ever getting with another girl (which would have been the much better choice, but I digress), that the only way of not commiting that sin, was dying. And as bad as incest is, its not worth dying over to not do it, especially if both sides share the same attraction.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Nov 12, 2022 7:52 PM
Dec 2017
more or less the same as expected of this series

Aug 11, 2023 4:05 PM

Sep 2017
I didn't pay attention to this episode. Meh, it was boring. Also Yuzuki is plain annoying.
خ

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.