Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 26, 2018 10:27 PM
May 2013
after almost ten years this is still the episode that i feel the most weirded out by. there's a ton of stuff i feel i'm not getting, like most of what Minori says when she's with that bald wig (i never got the wig's purpose itself), the point of that extremely bizarre dream Haruta had, Yasuko's random use + explanation of "giza" and "gansu", and before that, the long unnatural dialogue between him, Nobu and Taiga regarding Kitamura's broadcast. idk how to put it, everything's just random, there's no point to almost any of what happens before the christmas dance is announced.

and oh wow the OPs and EDs on this show are just the best ever aren't they? all four match the "lighthearted, colorful and fun high school days but also very emotional coming of age challenges and decisions" tone each in their own way. god, rewatching Toradora is always just as good as watching it for the first time.
felipecardelNov 28, 2018 8:19 PM
Jan 2, 2019 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
Taiga wearing thin cloth and waiting to 'fool around' is probably going to appear in my dreams now...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 11, 2019 4:10 AM

Aug 2017
Taiga is so cuteeee.

New OP!

Minorin has her bad days.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 26, 2019 12:33 AM

Nov 2016
I know where this is getting, but I don't like it at all, Minorin or Ami are better matches if he only get to know them better, but Taiga is more like siblings or a dog-master relation like Taiga always says, I just don't like them together as a couple but as really good friends, and isn't too late in the show to start feeling something about Taiga....
Jun 14, 2019 8:56 PM
Apr 2019
InefableAtaraxia said:
I know where this is getting, but I don't like it at all, Minorin or Ami are better matches if he only get to know them better, but Taiga is more like siblings or a dog-master relation like Taiga always says, I just don't like them together as a couple but as really good friends, and isn't too late in the show to start feeling something about Taiga....

I mean the show doesn't even try to make Ryuji and Minorin/Ami hang out ever.

Ryuji has always been too shy to talk to Minorin for whatever reason 17 episodes later. ( I get he could be shy, but this is an anime, not real life . they don't even attempt baby steps like a date or just an episode without Taiga, they could of done something while she was suspended, but NOPE, they just cut 2 weeks )

And Ami is trying to get Ryuji attention, but she knows Ryuji is caught up with Taiga even time she actually tries, Ryuji blows her off.

And at this case, I don't think its too late, I just feel the next episodes are probably going to be rushed hard, seems like there waiting for the final episodes to do everything.
Nov 30, 2019 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
Guess this episode he finally realized that he actually likes Taiga, for whatever twisted reason. Also that friend of Ami seems to be into the president now, I guess why not?
Jan 1, 2020 5:46 PM

Feb 2019
I swear Ami just gets hotter with each episode.

What's going to happen with Minorin... It seems Ryuji is starting to realise his feelings for Taiga. Can't say I'm happy about that, still wishing for Minorin x Ryuji.
Jan 24, 2020 8:48 PM

May 2017
Damn this ep !

Hes locked, he see his brother get killed in front of him , hes crying for his life cause they will eat him like they did with the brother, he finaly manage to get more time to be alive, but he know monsters called japanese man will eat him later ! He got to escape, so he try to eat the lock !

But then taiga come and it just look funny 😅
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 14, 2020 6:52 AM

Jun 2020
New OP! New ED! and New Taiga. Wait... what?... new Taiga?

I was hoping for Ami-chan story but we got sidestepped to Minorin's instead.
Things are getting difficult, not only Ryuji had a hard time... I also had difficulty deciding whether Ryuji should do what he thinks he should.
cianxanAug 14, 2020 6:57 AM
Sep 26, 2020 5:36 AM
Jun 2014
The contrast between this episode and last is incredible. From over the top drama climaxing with attempted aggravated assault to everyone joking around about a Christmas party. Almost like completely different shows. The comedic side is definitely better, but its pretty damn jarring to think Ryuji is falling for someone he was try to beat the shit out of someone for something so minor.
Dec 17, 2020 4:14 PM

Nov 2018
WHAT? IS GOING? ON?
Mar 3, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2020
So Ryuuji finally thinks a bit about how he feels. I know who I’m rooting for in the end.
Mar 9, 2021 7:14 PM
Jan 2020
Kusheida has something on her mind and we exactly don’t know what that is yet… The Christmas party is going to be interesting.
Mar 21, 2021 12:28 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Is my boy Ryuji waking up to the fact that Taiga is the superior choice for him? FINALLY!!! Also lol at Taiga acting good cuz of Santa.
Mar 27, 2021 6:51 AM

Apr 2018
Taiga being kawaii in the white dress, guess she believes in Santa for real.

Jun 26, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2020
New OP is nice something new for a change even though we're already 17 episodes in, Christmas is coming and Taiga is very much excited about it good for her she looks like a child though

Still, there are some things that Ryuuji and Kushieda are having trouble with like talking to each other normally

Now what's up with that little push by Kihara or maybe is it true after all, New ED as well I'll miss the old one for sure.
KanezushiJun 26, 2021 1:17 AM
Apr 10, 2022 1:12 PM

Mar 2010
Ah shit I preffered the other ED...... This new one ruins the mood for me. But damn we finally getting to the point where everyone must choose who likes who. They do be stress'n tho.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2022 7:41 PM

Oct 2020
Ah so here we're starting to get a little more on Ryu's end about liking Taiga a lil bit

Sort of ironic how he's starting to sort of have feelings for Taiga once Minori starts to have feelings for him -- agh this is so messy!
I'm guessing jealousy and guilt are going to be the overarching vibe of this arc
Jul 7, 2022 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
The new opening and ending were alright, it might take me a while to warm up though, I thought the original ones were a little weird at first too honestly.

I'm surprised it's taken this long for Ryu to start having feelings for Taiga, he's a pretty helpful guy but he sticks his neck out for her constantly, even if it was originally just an agreement. I'm wondering if he's actually gonna try and seperate Taiga and Kitamura, if he does that'd be really out of character feeling to me, but we'll have to see how it goes, I guess he hasn't really had a chance to show his true colors in a situation like this yet.

Taiga is really warming up, I wonder if it is just because it's Christmas time or not. I'd buy if it was really, that time of the year is always very fun, but she seems like she's been on an upward trend of being less hotheaded, even if I wouldn't say she's always "happy."

It was also pretty funny seeing the guys picking on Ryu for not noticing how Taiga acts around Kitamura, she's been a nervous wreck around him this whole time haha.
CatSoul said:
Taiga wearing thin cloth and waiting to 'fool around' is probably going to appear in my dreams now...
facts
Oct 6, 2022 3:27 AM
Jan 2018
One of the more scatter brain episodes of the series. I'm glad everyone is so supportive of each other, I'm just kind of bored seeing it for the 17th episode of the series. I'm watching 4 other series one episode at a time, and I watch Tora dora first to get it out of the way, and everything by comparison is just way more interesting.

This is one of the more worth watching anime series for sure, just I've seen enough anime to know that I don't enjoy struggling romance made up of indecisive people. At least I don't want it to be the main focus of the series, every other modern series has it as a side story, and the main story is leagues above just fumbling budding romance.
Nov 20, 2022 3:28 AM
Jan 2022
I also love Christmas. I liked the part where the guy main character said it was some guns and roses stuff.w
Nov 20, 2022 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
Moodylegend said:
One of the more scatter brain episodes of the series. I'm glad everyone is so supportive of each other, I'm just kind of bored seeing it for the 17th episode of the series. I'm watching 4 other series one episode at a time, and I watch Tora dora first to get it out of the way, and everything by comparison is just way more interesting.

This is one of the more worth watching anime series for sure, just I've seen enough anime to know that I don't enjoy struggling romance made up of indecisive people. At least I don't want it to be the main focus of the series, every other modern series has it as a side story, and the main story is leagues above just fumbling budding romance.

I love struggling romance with indecisive people, just saw nearly 100 eps of that with Maison Ikkoku and that's a 10/10. But Toradora! bored me out of my mind and was one of the worst anime watching experiences of my life. Don't let others' opinions get in the way. If you think it's garbage it's garbage.
Dec 11, 2022 2:24 AM

Aug 2020
Not sure if the new OP and ED are better, probably need to listen to these a few more times.

Interesting episode. Minorin is now the one being shook up and avoiding Takasu as result. Taiga in "good girl mode" is funny, lol. But it seems the momentum for the love interests/triangles is shfiting, hmmm....
Mar 7, 2023 1:16 PM

Nov 2017
The change of openings was a shame.. but the superb new ending balanced that out 😇 So this is what a more serious Toradora looks like! And I still love this :)
Nov 21, 2023 5:14 PM
Mar 2023
Not bad for a Christmas episode.
Dec 17, 2023 1:17 AM

Nov 2023
Well, very fun anime opening theme this one is
Dec 23, 2023 1:51 PM

Aug 2022
New OP is here! It's sad to see Kushieda avoid Ryuuji.
Dec 28, 2023 3:45 AM

Jun 2021
oh, no, the C-word holiday season (*puts the episode speed to 1,5x). The mother trying to talk hip like a younger person was cringe fun and worked even in italian dub.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.