Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2013 4:54 AM

Jan 2012
I laughed out loud quite a few times at this episode, best comedy of the season so far, it is pretty creepy at times though.
Jul 17, 2013 6:55 AM

Jun 2008
traed said:
Monad said:

Damn this guy knows nothing. Sociopaths are the manipulative not psychopaths. Psychopaths are just crazy motherfuckers.
Also this girl has none of those trades at all. She's actually quite normal believe it or not. She may be in an antisocial circle but her reactions to it are perfectly normal and what a normal person would do if it was shunt out of the group.
Her crazy fantasies are a reaction to that, and healthy people actually do that to fight loneliness and things that trouble them.
Also her wishing their death is just reaction to the jealousy(and her annoyance with the way they talk) she feels, she doesn't really want them to die or has any plans to do so. It's venting of frustration by only saying it, that's something all people do.
Well its sort of both. Shes both normal and mentally ill. Itts normal for most people to go through phases of mentalness in their teenage years and many get over it but they also have a higher risk of keeping a mental illness later in life though. So its normal but not healthy.

I disagree. She's not mentally ill at all. She simply lacks social ability.
Jul 17, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2013
i feel so sorry about her...
Jul 17, 2013 7:12 AM

Mar 2012
Cute show.
Let's go bowling.
Jul 17, 2013 7:32 AM

Feb 2010
Good Episode lots of funny scenes :D, the VA for the fat guy who made the portrait of tomoko is definitely Tomokazu Sugita XD
Jul 17, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
Monad said:
traed said:
Monad said:

Damn this guy knows nothing. Sociopaths are the manipulative not psychopaths. Psychopaths are just crazy motherfuckers.
Also this girl has none of those trades at all. She's actually quite normal believe it or not. She may be in an antisocial circle but her reactions to it are perfectly normal and what a normal person would do if it was shunt out of the group.
Her crazy fantasies are a reaction to that, and healthy people actually do that to fight loneliness and things that trouble them.
Also her wishing their death is just reaction to the jealousy(and her annoyance with the way they talk) she feels, she doesn't really want them to die or has any plans to do so. It's venting of frustration by only saying it, that's something all people do.
Well its sort of both. Shes both normal and mentally ill. Itts normal for most people to go through phases of mentalness in their teenage years and many get over it but they also have a higher risk of keeping a mental illness later in life though. So its normal but not healthy.

She could be either. I can relate a whole lot to her and I am social phobic, so I definitely think she could be too. I would consider showing this anime to someone who didn't understand social phobia because it portrays it so well! (If not exaggerated to be funny)
Jul 17, 2013 8:40 AM
Mar 2013
That was better then the first episode. I'm really liking Tomoko she's a pretty good character and I like all her facial expressions.
Jul 17, 2013 8:42 AM
Jan 2013
Poor Tomoko, being with a friend she once knew during middle school has added salt to the wound.

Man, I like the panty shot.
Jul 17, 2013 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
They better give her a happy ending or I'll rage so much! Lol

The ending when she thought that guy had drawn a cute picture of her... so sad.
Better if she never finds out the truth.
Jul 17, 2013 9:55 AM
Feb 2013
This seems like a pretty promising show! I think a lot of people can relate to Tomoko in a way...
Jul 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Sep 2009
LOL. hahaha.
I like her imaginations and lol @the ending XD
Jul 17, 2013 12:29 PM

Sep 2011
It's just too true.
Jul 17, 2013 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
omg poor girl at the end XDD
Jul 17, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2009
Monad said:
traed said:
Monad said:

I assume you haven't come in direct contact with social phobic people, or been one yourself?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2013 12:59 PM
Oct 2012
AO968 said:
Monad said:

I assume you haven't come in direct contact with social phobic people, or been one yourself?

Not every "outside the mainstream" behavior is a mental illness, despite the APA's self-serving and disgusting attempts to classify them as illnesses. It's disgusting because it assumes that there is only one true norm that everyone has to conform to, and if one doesn't then they are somehow "sick".

Moko isn't "ill", she has some issues conforming to societal norms. She could easily fit in like her friend if she was willing to abandon who she thinks she is, and try to "conform" to what society wants, but Moko doesn't want to do that. She wants the world to accept her for what she is. That isn't an illness, that is a lifestyle decision. One that she will have to pay a price for, but still its her decision, and a respectable one at that. Such people are who drive society forward.
Jul 17, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) continually revises the diagnostic
criteria and terminology for mental illnesses.

"Social Phobia" is the now-obsolete term which was used in the book titled
DSM-IV-TR and its earlier versions (DSM-IV and DSM-III etc.).

As of May 18, 2013, the new term is "Social Anxiety Disorder". This is in the
new book titled DSM-5". So we should all use this terminology here.

Note also that a person could have some degree of social anxiety and yet
not have Social Anxiety Disorder. DSM-5 contains "diagnostic criteria". So
a psychiatrist would look at a patient, talk to him/her, and, on the basis of
that, decide whether or not the person has Social Anxiety Disorder. If the
diagnosis is made, then the next step is to talk about treatment.

Takuan_Soho makes a great point in questioning whether we can 100%
trust the correctness of DSM-5. So perhaps there are some situations
in which a person would be diagnosed with a "mental illness" according to
DSM-5 when common sense tells us that the person isn't really sick.

See here:
http://www.dsm5.org/Documents/Social%20Anxiety%20Disorder%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf
http://anxietytreatmentclinic.com/blog/social-anxiety-disorder-dsm-v
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-5
okanaganJul 17, 2013 2:11 PM
Jul 17, 2013 2:11 PM
Oct 2012
okanagan said:
So perhaps there are some situations in which a person would be diagnosed with a "mental illness" according to DSM-5 when common sense tells us that the person isn't really sick.

They have a pill for it, so I doubt that there is going to be too many situations where it ISN'T going to be considered a mental illness. What a lovely new revenue stream they are tapping into. Similar to declaring being a normal energetic child a disorder, who hasn't felt socially uncomfortable at times?
Jul 17, 2013 2:21 PM

Oct 2012
Right.

In the past, one would say, "He is a boy."

Nowadays, they say, "Here is an individual with Attention deficit hyperactivity
disorder (ADHD)."

And the next logical step is that this sick person must be medicated. The result
is that now we have many people taking drugs for ADHD.

The medicine for ADHD is patented, so somebody makes money from the fact
that ADHD is defined by DSM-5 to be a mental illness. So there is a conflict of
interest. The APA is responsible to avoid that, but they don't 100% succeed.
Jul 17, 2013 2:40 PM

Mar 2008
bachou said:
this anime is just... too harsh on her.....i doubt she will get any real friend

yuu chan called her out cuz she had a fight with her boyfriend meaning moko aint worth shjt if yuu chan makes up with her BF

sad ... the girl's life is just too sad

All of you see nothing yet.

Mikenzb said:
I wished the MC would look more normal, If she looked like this throughout the whole series I would have nothing to complain about.

You will regret think this.
Jul 17, 2013 2:57 PM
Jun 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
DiaLovers poster spotted! And I want that Yandere Boys CD *__*

You know it's based on real ones? Eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbAOVr83KMM
Jul 17, 2013 3:12 PM
Oct 2012
okanagan said:
The APA is responsible to avoid that, but they don't 100% succeed.

They don't even try. The APA is not a serious medical organization, like most trade groups it exists in order to "rent seek", not that the AMA is much better: they just classified obesity as a disease. Was this because of some new "research"? Nope, just a simple vote of the members.

The APA though has been generally worse: DSM-5 has classified Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (i.e. throwing a tantrum) and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (i.e. that time of the month) as psychological disorders. Basically now, if you are not a happy, well adjusted, productive member of society you have a mental illness.
Jul 17, 2013 3:41 PM

Mar 2012
Being Tomoko is suffering.
Jul 17, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2013
great episode :3 I love this anime and I still cant get over that op, its so cool xD
I kind of like how their rearranging the order of events compared to the manga :/ is that just me? probably...
Jul 17, 2013 4:12 PM

Dec 2009
This is so much better than the manga. I really like it.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 17, 2013 5:21 PM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
okanagan said:

They don't even try. The APA is not a serious medical organization, like most trade groups it exists in order to "rent seek", not that the AMA is much better: they just classified obesity as a disease. Was this because of some new "research"? Nope, just a simple vote of the members.

The APA though has been generally worse: DSM-5 has classified Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (i.e. throwing a tantrum) and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (i.e. that time of the month) as psychological disorders. Basically now, if you are not a happy, well adjusted, productive member of society you have a mental illness.

Citizen, your psycho pass is too high, please present yourself at the nearest retraining center so we can help you recover previoud levels ... or we will have to send and enforcer to drag you in chains like an animal.
Jul 17, 2013 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
okanagan said:

If you belive any shit scientists and doctors throw at you then you should know that the very same people said that sugar is a mood changer , generally changes your mood from anything to happy but if you lack it it will be worser ....
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 17, 2013 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
Marow said:
This is so much better than the manga. I really like it.

++

I laughed way harder than I should have, but it was viciously hilarious all the way.
Jul 17, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2012
That last part with the new ending is win. Think I need Yandere-Boys CD ><"
Jul 17, 2013 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
@00:05 ~ i saw one my favorite manga barakamon, i sense anime adaptation ≧◡≦
Jul 17, 2013 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
That cringe-worthy moment is always at the very end.

They might try to make Tomoko as dorky, unappealing and perverted as possible, but she does have a very endearing side to her.
OmniknightJul 17, 2013 8:29 PM
Jul 17, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
Another awesome episode. And that drawing of Tomoko was cute :D .
Jul 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Jan 2012

So far, I'm liking this adaptation.
Jul 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Feb 2013
This was funny and dark all at the same time. It wasn't as depressing as the first episode, especially since her old friend still likes to hang out with her and have fun. I'm glad that drawing made her happy, even if the guy didn't real have any deeper meaning other than just trying to get the assignment done.

She actually reminds me of how I was in elementary school and how I wasn't into what the other popular kids were and I looked down on them for being into stupid stuff, while I stayed to myself and was into school, science, reading and writing. I later got into anime, manga, and comics, but I didn't find any friends who were interested in what I was interested in until I was in my latter freshman year of high school. It wasn't until high school that I came out of my shell. I'm hoping Tomoko can do the same, she just needs to find some friends that are interested in similar things as she is.

I give this episode a 8/10.
Jul 17, 2013 11:22 PM

Oct 2012
that 'moepigs' part was funny!
Jul 17, 2013 11:56 PM

Oct 2012
Zoze said:
That 'moe pigs' part was funny!

Agreed! I hope they are going to show us what kind of anime Tomoko likes,
given that she apparently doesn't like moe or slice-of-life. Let's hope that we
will see her discussing it with Yuu-chan. It is hilarious that most of the minor
characters in the show are moe, and so far it appears to be slice-of-life. As
for me, I have to admit that I am one of those moe pigs who likes slice-of-life
anime series with moe characters. I want to see many more Yuu-chan scenes.

okanaganJul 18, 2013 12:01 AM
Jul 18, 2013 12:12 AM

Sep 2012
laughtrip at the bike scene...

can't stop laughing on it...

kuroki has a mad skills when it comes to games...that's the proof that kuroki is one of Keima's students...LOL

xD
Jul 18, 2013 1:52 AM
Jun 2008
Irenesharda said:
I'm hoping Tomoko can do the same, she just needs to find some friends that are interested in similar things as she is.

I thought Yuu is one of her friend .They both share the same hobby as well.
Tomoko is very positive about herself, she might call her out when the storm is over xD
Jul 18, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2009
I also think this is a bit better than the manga so far. I actually had to stop reading the manga because of how depressing it was becoming (there was some pretty messed up stuff that happened). I might decide to pick up the manga again though (hanging on to hope something good will actually happen).
Jul 18, 2013 2:19 AM

Apr 2013
I don't think it was better than the manga. But I think the ending was handled very well.
Jul 18, 2013 2:26 AM

Apr 2013
MorningGlory said:
Irenesharda said:
I'm hoping Tomoko can do the same, she just needs to find some friends that are interested in similar things as she is.

I thought Yuu is one of her friend .They both share the same hobby as well.
Tomoko is very positive about herself, she might call her out when the storm is over xD

She feels timorous in her presence . When someone has problems getting a girlfriend/boyfriend , lets not talk about friends , and is in the presence of someone with one that "someone" will feel complexed/timorous , and she/he will not feel good at all , actually very very bad and pissed off .
She needs a boy social enough and without a girlfriend to help her , that's all , and she will slowly forget about gaming , and then she can feel well in the presence of Yuu .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 18, 2013 3:04 AM

Jul 2011
Is it just me or the anime doesn't seems as funny and crazy as the manga? Too bad because i'm such a big fan of this series, huuuu

Kuroko is still too moe and her voice is still moe-ish, mmmm idk
Jul 18, 2013 4:56 AM
Nov 2012
Loved Tomoko's seiyuu's voice acting in this ep. Hilarious & depressing at the same time. I felt bad for Tomoko, since she still doesn't know that the boy just did a general portrait, not specifically hers. I'm gonna feel even more bad if/when she finds out ;_;
I didn't like the OP at all when I first heard it, but after a few listens, I'm completely sold on it. Liked the new ED too, although the previous one was better imo.
Overall, great ep. Looking forward for moar!
Jul 18, 2013 5:45 AM
Jan 2011
Tomoko ecchi.
Jul 18, 2013 8:25 AM
Jun 2013
THAT FUCKING YAMCHA REFERENCE XD
Jul 18, 2013 8:47 AM

Mar 2011
poor tomoko. lol...
I can really relate to her... xD

uhmm will she ever find a lover or smth?
Jul 18, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
Watching it again, I still find the Mimi wo Sumaseba reference very funny.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 18, 2013 11:17 AM

Jan 2010
ha, that quick twist at the end, omg
Jul 18, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2011
Ouch. I've seen NTR shows which weren't as cruel as this :-S

I was already starting to be skeptical when Yuu said nothing but "Aha! That's great! I see!" instead of actually talking about anime, but the ending still hit me hard.

But I have to say that Tomoko has an impeccable taste in hentai stuff. I could talk with her about those fantasies all day (though she may not want to) ^^
Jul 18, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:

Not every "outside the mainstream" behavior is a mental illness, despite the APA's self-serving and disgusting attempts to classify them as illnesses. It's disgusting because it assumes that there is only one true norm that everyone has to conform to, and if one doesn't then they are somehow "sick".

Moko isn't "ill", she has some issues conforming to societal norms. She could easily fit in like her friend if she was willing to abandon who she thinks she is, and try to "conform" to what society wants, but Moko doesn't want to do that. She wants the world to accept her for what she is. That isn't an illness, that is a lifestyle decision. One that she will have to pay a price for, but still its her decision, and a respectable one at that. Such people are who drive society forward.
Its not about mainstream or non mainstream. Mental illness is defined as anything that makes a persons life less than they want it to be and brings them suffering. She brings about her own suffering in a lot of cases. Shes also talked about committing suicide so she at least is depressed or has something going on that causes her to react to what people say in big ways.

Im friends with all kinds of people with various mental illnesses and various personality types so I kind of know how to spot it. I also have a type of desire or way of thinking that isnt exactly mainstream either.

In fact i get put down quite often for how i like to do things. I wouldnt entirely disagree with you since in some ways yeah she just wants to be as herself but she does have obvious issues. She doesnt conciously decide to tense up so bad she can barely speak when around strangers or people she doesnt know well enough. I wouldnt attibute all her actions to lifestyle choices.

Monad said:

Well mentally ill doesnt always imply being crazy so actually its very hard to tell the difference between someone mentally ill and someone who is not.

Reminds me of this documentory special i saw on tv before where they recreated an experiement where professional psychologists observed a group of people some considered mentally healthy and some having various mental illnesses and they had to guess who had what just by watching them intereact normally and they were wrong a lot of the time. So it can go either way.

Mental illness isnt always clearly and cleanly defined. It is just easier to say shes got issues than it is to say she just has extremely bad luck because its more logical to notice her problems she brings on herself from how she reacts to people and talks down to herself.

All I can say is a well person wouldnt puke after seeing themselves in the mirror or talk about committing suicide in a very serious consideration with reasons to back up why they should do it. Her issues with other people isnt always social anxiety but she does show a few symptoms time to time like when she got overwhelmed at the thoughts of how people normally interact it clearly gave her a panic attack. But having issues talking to people form not being used to it isnt a disorder necessarily, yeah.
traedJul 18, 2013 4:20 PM
Jul 18, 2013 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
Idk... this should be funny but I just can't laugh. It's trying to not be serious while being serious and it just doesn't work. I won't drop it yet because it's not that bad, I must be missing something.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Yesterday

1 by CatChud »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

252 by owonism »»
Mar 12, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.