Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2008 1:54 PM

Sep 2007
Stop editing your post to include quotes of and replies to posts after your post. Make a new post.
Dec 19, 2008 1:56 PM

Sep 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Call me whatever but I did not think it like that. Rape? In Toradora? Maybe with imagination. Unless drama is involved, there is no way they would something like that. Yeah I agreed with you people it looks like that but I don't see that way.
y so srs
Dec 19, 2008 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
So Minorin can really be mad about something. That's interesting.
And it seems that Ryuji was wrong about Taiga's father.
Dec 19, 2008 2:59 PM

Oct 2007
XD the pro-wrestling show was AWESOME and so funny!!!

really good episode - but wonder how long will keep up with building his relationship with Taiga and Ryuuji's scary face was hilarious
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2008 4:57 PM

Nov 2008
ZapalacX said:
Context is everything.

Hehe. Indeed.

Is it just me or does anyone else just really wanna see Taiga cry again? She's cutest when she's vulnerable, and she's so sweet when she cries. Good episode. The argument with Minorin was no big deal, they'll obviously get over it really quickly. I suppose Minorin will reveal what family trauma she's had to make her say things like that. It's a bit obvious, but nice to have more storylines cropping up.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Dec 19, 2008 5:00 PM

May 2007
Well, given the events of this episode, Ryuuji is a bastard. One, he's forcing his own experiences of a father who was never there onto Taiga when he doesn't even know Taig's entire situation. Kushieda definitely knew more about Taiga's dad. Again, Ryuuji was a grade-A bastard.

Oh well, can't say it doesn't make things interesting though.
Dec 19, 2008 5:20 PM

Nov 2008
Haruhi is nothing like this anime genre wise
Jacut said:
The last sentence was just perfect in this context, I commend the script writers for this.

lightychan said:
Awesome episode. Toradora never seems to fail to surprise me

I was thinking exactly the same thing, the story and characters in themselves are very basic, but it's so well executed and developped, with absolutely fantastic interactions between characters that it's always surprinsingly good. I didn't want to watch this show in the beginning based on the fact that it was another comedy-romance adaptation of a light novel with Rie Kugimiya in the role of a small tsundere, but in the end Toradora is probably my favourite show of this season along with Nodame, (and I'm not a romance-comedy fan in general...) and the best show of the style since Haruhi.

Haruhi is nothing like this anime genre or style wise, do not even compare the two.

A fairly good episode. I'm a pro wrestling fan so it was nice to see two mediums I love combine lol. I think for a two part cultural festival themed episode, if it had to be done, then they did it correctly by adding other elements and plot lines throughout it.
AnistylezDec 19, 2008 5:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Dec 19, 2008 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
velcom said:

am i the only one who wants ryuji to end up with ami? :P

it's just that there is not much hope for this pairing. Taiga is pretty much the default girl

Dec 19, 2008 10:49 PM

Jun 2007
That would suck if we find out Taiga's dad hooked back up with his previous g/f and that's why he didn't show up or something.

As for whats going on...I think Ryuuji's pushing to much of his own personal feelings onto Taiga. It's pretty clear she's doing this for Ryuuji since she cares very much about him and his opinions. I think the whole situation can easily be fixed if Ryuuji just stops Raiga from moving in the same way he did to get her to hang out with her dad again.

Looks like the class president girl likes Kitamora (sp?). She was staring at him when he was in the middle of the class meeting and then when he turned to look at her she walked away fast XD. Either she was just curious and spying on their classes idea or she was checking out his "leader" skills ;P. I think they would make a pretty good couple.
Dec 20, 2008 3:58 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
good ep :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 20, 2008 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
i still have the feeling that taigaas father will turn out to be an *****
and this hole show was so totally crazy xD

Dec 20, 2008 8:53 AM
Oct 2008
omggg, love this show
Dec 20, 2008 9:40 AM

Nov 2008
To add this part with the subs made laugh out so much!

To whoever said Ami looks cute with her Twin tails, here you go:
slayer545-samaDec 20, 2008 9:44 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 20, 2008 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
Factor said:
The crepe bit was the funniest part of the episode, especially Taiga ramming it into Ryuuji's mouth.

Next episode looks quite promising. If Ryuuj actually does get into a fight with Taiga's dad, and beats the crap out of him, it would just be too perfect.

Yes! & Yasuko looks extremely cute in this episode. Things are getting really interesting, I've always had my doubts on this father, and Minorin proved me right. Poor Taiga! D:
Dec 20, 2008 7:35 PM

Oct 2008
The whole fight between Ryuuji and Minorin was kind of stupid to me.

Dec 20, 2008 10:47 PM

Nov 2008
AnimeCrazedFan said:
The whole fight between Ryuuji and Minorin was kind of stupid to me.

Good someone else though of it, me too I found ridiculous like I said earlier. Not worth it is the right term.
Dec 20, 2008 11:08 PM

Dec 2008
Hahahaha. This episode was hilarious.

This is the first time I've seen animation like this on Taiga before, or in this whole series.

slayer545-sama said:

To whoever said Ami looks cute with her Twin tails, here you go:

I never really thought that Ami looked cute in this anime. I think the best looking is either Taiga or Yuusaka's mom :]

I laughed SOOOO hard at this part.

I'm still unsure about Taiga's dad. I think that I'm gonna have to go with Minori in the Minori/Yuusaka argument.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 20, 2008 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
Lunatic-kr said:
I never really thought that Ami looked cute in this anime. I think the best looking is either Taiga or Yuusaka's mom :]

I SECOND THAT!
Dec 20, 2008 11:29 PM

Jul 2008
I must admit that Taiga's moe-ness shoots through the roof with the ponytail.
Dec 21, 2008 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
revoltracers said:
the father's car: Mercedes-Benz SL63 R230.

this is a teh-pwnage car btw. the father must be very rich.

I knew it! It was a rich Benz!

:O Rich father that does not keep his promises! I HOPE, he changes! D:
Dec 21, 2008 6:36 PM

Dec 2008
slayer545-sama said:
revoltracers said:

Ahahah, I don't know. If his father changes, what will happen in the rest of the episodes?! This anime is good because they live next to each other.

Edit: Nice identification of the car :]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 21, 2008 9:15 PM
Jan 2008
Lunatic-kr said:
slayer545-sama said:
revoltracers said:

Ahahah, I don't know. If his father changes, what will happen in the rest of the episodes?! This anime is good because they live next to each other.

Edit: Nice identification of the car :]

Agreed! Her father likes the YEN! (and knows how to flaunt it!)
AND Ryuu and Minorin need to make up!
Dec 21, 2008 9:22 PM

Aug 2008
Funny episode!
Taiga + Pony tail = WIN! xD

slayer545-sama said:
mcjazzman32 said:
It looks like Ryuuji misjudged Taiga's dad to me. I think he's going to turn out to be a real douche. If you really looked at the preview for 13, it seems Ryuuji's about to fight someone with Taiga looking on - I'd put money on it being her dad.

Dude you saying Ryuuji might fight the dad in the next episode because of this?-------------->

But I thought the same! What else could make Riuuji look that ominous?
I haven't read the novel, nor anything, but that those seem to be the case.
I really hope that's from Riuuji being cool in front of Aisaka. So is the dad really an ass? Probably I would say ^^
ZapalacX said:
Context is everything.

Perverted minds think alike huh? ^^
Dec 21, 2008 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
I hope the dad is not a pedophile or anything, that is the only reason why I can see Minorin getting so pissed. Yea so what if the dad was an an absolute jerk if he wants to try then it's up to him. There has to be some more drama to this otherwise Taiga has some serious abandonment issues.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 21, 2008 10:55 PM

Dec 2008
Amazing episodes and the emotions it made me go through were like a palette full of colors lol.
The play was amazing aha, the idea of roles into the play gave a great performance in the anime. Lol at Ryuuji's face when he put on the make up, laughed at the scene when the students were going to cut the the homeroom teacher's string of fate then the teacher having an unsuspected reaction only to be pulled away from the other actors. Ryuuji's and Taiga's entrance into the stage was ridiculously funny, as well as the wrestling match with some other students assisting in their stunts. It was great that after the first play Kitamura ate some of Taiga's crepe, the out of embarrassment Taiga stuffs the things down Ryuuji's mouth lol.
As for Taiga's father... I guessed right from the previous episode, turns out he really was a bad father to begin with. So many evidence can relate to why too. Like the fact how Taiga initially hated him, but held back from Ryuuji. Minori's reaction to finding out the father was here, (Taiga probably told her everything about her family situations back then, or Minori saw first hand. This can explain why she was so mad). Even Ryuuji's mother not having known anything about the father knew from instinct that he is a bad person, and tries to warn Ryuuji why by using reasons like Taiga should stay. My last piece of evidence can be both from the instance when the father decides to take Taiga away from her friends by moving, and also the fact that he does not attend any of the plays during the festival (Being inconsiderate to his daughter). Only hope that Ryuuji would finally notice these fact and realize what's going wrong (Also he really should apologize to Minori).
Overall the episode was great, looking forward to watching more... ah feel so relieved I finally caught up (somewhat).
Dec 22, 2008 2:28 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode, can't believe Taiga's dad stood her up, and it's so awkward between Minore and Takatsu, wonder if they will make up soon.
Dec 22, 2008 5:17 AM

Jul 2008
Another great episode of Toradora. Ryuuji actually got mad, and at Minorin at that, not really expected but it worked. I guess he just wanted a father so bad that he can't see the lack of paternal responsibility from Taiga's dad, although I can't say that I saw it either.
Dec 22, 2008 2:17 PM
Dec 2007
Jarmel said:
I hope the dad is not a pedophile or anything, that is the only reason why I can see Minorin getting so pissed. Yea so what if the dad was an an absolute jerk if he wants to try then it's up to him. There has to be some more drama to this otherwise Taiga has some serious abandonment issues.
You know, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw Minorin's reaction.

The argument earlier defending Ryuuji against Minori's argument is quite a pitfall. Minorin is Taiga's best friend and has known her for longer. It's almost a given Minori knows more than Ryuuji about the guy. Ryuuji met him ONCE and fell for his pity-seeking speech due to the fact he holds an idealistic vision of how good it must be to be with your father.

Dec 22, 2008 6:49 PM

Dec 2007
well personally, i'm in a very similar situation with both Taiga and Ryuuji. True my father did cheat on his wife and conceived me with my mother(both their best friends) and I hate him for what he did, but at the same time I also envy those who have detremental relationships with their father not only because I have never met my father, but because at least they HAVE a relationship with their father. well i guess its just a biased opinion. Well we'll have to see what exactly happens in the subsequent episodes to really understand where Kusheida is coming from...

EDIT

however, its true that if his father was a pedophile, then yes... SMACK THAT PUNK B!TCH! Unforgivable...
Dec 22, 2008 8:05 PM

Nov 2008
bighuta said:
well personally, i'm in a very similar situation with both Taiga and Ryuuji. True my father did cheat on his wife and conceived me with my mother(both their best friends) and I hate him for what he did, but at the same time I also envy those who have detremental relationships with their father not only because I have never met my father, but because at least they HAVE a relationship with their father. well i guess its just a biased opinion. Well we'll have to see what exactly happens in the subsequent episodes to really understand where Kusheida is coming from...

EDIT

however, its true that if his father was a pedophile, then yes... SMACK THAT PUNK B!TCH! Unforgivable...

Well, you are pretty brave to share personal experiences. Glad I am not alone at the very least in doing this.
Dec 22, 2008 11:50 PM

May 2008
LOL, the look on Ryuujis face when Taiga stuffed the crepe in was priceless!
Dec 23, 2008 5:03 AM

Dec 2008
Ryuuji is the man,even if he was wrong this time...
Everybody around Ryuuji knows that Taigas father isn't so nice,only he can't realize it,because of his own situation.

I cant stand to see Taiga sad,I nearly got tears in my eyes ; (

This show is getting better and better.
The way the story istold is very good.
No anime before deeply moved me that much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2008 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
What a ridiculous play, haha.
Great episode!
:]
Dec 23, 2008 10:16 AM

Nov 2008
revoltracers said:

His was a convertible.
Dec 23, 2008 2:53 PM
Dec 2007
vaberella said:
revoltracers said:

His was a convertible.
Ah, nitpick much?

Dec 23, 2008 4:18 PM

May 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Ah, nitpick much?
nah, this will be pretty much usefull in our lives.

Man, even if the story is so god damn predictable, its so suprisingly fresh and awesome.
No, really.
All the animes which followed a similar formula phailed hard. this one turns out to be pure win.

I thought the tsundere roles where declining and going to through the same fate as maids and borgs, i'm glad i was wrong...

The play was awesome and the story is getting deeper in a smooth/fine pace.
This means we are heading to a non-rushed ending with a high possibility that we get to see Ryuuji end up with Taiga (The other possible endings is an "no ending", "random ending" or the "omg wtf? why her?!" ending.)

I'm glad we will get to see GARR Ryuuji next episode.
Its always funny when he does it. (Of course it won't be funny on next episode though.)

This episode seems to have fired up watcher to the point of them making huge/long posts.
I haven't saw this since TTGL.

It was funny the contextual picture posted in page one, though the disturbing thing is that the one saying it is actually Ryuuji.....
Fabienne said:
Ryuuji is the man,even if he was wrong this time...
Everybody around Ryuuji knows that Taigas father isn't so nice,only he can't realize it,because of his own situation.

This show is getting better and better.
The way the story istold is very good.

execpt for the
i deeply agree with this guy.
Dec 24, 2008 6:44 AM

Feb 2008
GREAT EPISODE! ^^
Nice story development. This show is not only cute and funny but at the same time dramatic and serious.

ZapalacX said:
Context is everything.

LOL :]
Dec 24, 2008 2:48 PM
Dec 2007
@Ryushi: I agree a lot with you. This anime scores a lot of points by managing to put together an enjoyable plot while following convention. Which is exactly why I think the anime should end in the Ryuuji/Taiga ending. It's the obvious choice, and the one they've spent half the season building up (and will likely spend a lot more time on). I've grown to like Ami a little more, and Minori is good in her own way, but the story always has Ryuuji and Taiga at the center of it's developments, so suddenly coming up with a surprise ending would almost be unbecoming of it.

Dec 25, 2008 3:48 AM

Nov 2008
revoltracers said:
vaberella said:
revoltracers said:

His was a convertible.

damn, I knew someone would say that!

look at the roof carefully. this car is a convertible.

GOOGLE if you wish. the SL is a roadster.

Although I understand your point, convertible=4000$~8000$ more in car price. Right?
Dec 25, 2008 12:54 PM

Nov 2006
Fantastic episode. I can actually see Ryuuji x Minorin as a plausible pairing now that they've fought.
Dec 25, 2008 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
brain watching beam bibi bibibi bibibi
minorin was weird...
taiga look happier
send her dad to hell
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 26, 2008 3:20 AM
Dec 2007
Looks like I misread Taigas father as well.
skumbag Xp
Dec 28, 2008 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
revoltracers said:
slayer545-sama said:
revoltracers said:
vaberella said:
revoltracers said:

His was a convertible.

damn, I knew someone would say that!

look at the roof carefully. this car is a convertible.

GOOGLE if you wish. the SL is a roadster.

Although I understand your point, convertible=4000$~8000$ more in car price. Right?

This car is MSRP $135,000.

Some figures for you:
DOHC 6208cc V8, 525hp@6800rpm, 630Nm@5200rpm
Maximum 7200rpm
AMG SpeedShift MCT (Multi-Clutch Transmission) 7-speed
0-100km/h 4.6 seconds
Electronically limited 250kph

I'm a beginner-level car fanatic, if you will,
and even if you weren't, you can tell this car's business.
And this car only comes in covertible form.

Great info about the car, I streete raced for 4 years so I know what you are talking about.There is one thing sad about this car: I can build one way better and cheaper by buying my own parts (Yes, I can, I know how and I have friends who know how.)
Dec 28, 2008 11:50 AM

May 2007
revoltracers said:
This car is MSRP $135,000.

Some figures for you:
DOHC 6208cc V8, 525hp@6800rpm, 630Nm@5200rpm
Maximum 7200rpm
AMG SpeedShift MCT (Multi-Clutch Transmission) 7-speed
0-100km/h 4.6 seconds
Electronically limited 250kph

I'm a beginner-level car fanatic, if you will,
and even if you weren't, you can tell this car's business.
And this car only comes in covertible form.
Get a life.
Dec 28, 2008 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
Pretty good episode.
The pro-wrestling show was great.

Fabienne said:

^same :(
Dec 31, 2008 6:22 AM
Aug 2008
heh~ i love it when taiga dances with kitamura XD
Jan 1, 2009 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Episode was pretty good
Jan 2, 2009 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
Aw, this episode was rather sad. I couldn't stand Kushieda and Ryuuji fight about nothing...
Also, I don't trust Taiga's dad anymore... A promise is a promise, and if he said he'd watch her play, he should or at least have a very good reason why he can't go.
Jan 4, 2009 6:06 AM
Mar 2008
This anime gets cooler and cooler as it goes on. I'm already making my mind on the vote it will receive... a strong 8 or even a 9. Expectations: growing.
Nice epi.
Jan 5, 2009 4:35 PM

Mar 2008
OMG, the last line destroyed my happiness.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.