Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2013 3:11 AM

Sep 2011
What if Hanemura is Aika in disguise?
Mar 1, 2013 3:41 AM

Jul 2010
"Business is about to pick up!" - Jim Ross
Mar 1, 2013 4:33 AM

Jan 2013
People are surprised by this, Really?

It's obvious she was an evil bitch. Then the whole, Her death might have caused this/who was the real mage. Then her going back in time to save that lunatic. Honestly there have been hints thrown left and right thats how she died. The Tree killed her because she is the enemy.

*insert her twisted actions/logic and siscon antic* Then jump to lady two. "Who is your girlfriend, because of how I feel I might would kill her" "I'll go back in time and save her!" Yeah, didn't see this coming, its simple deductive reasoning.

I'm really worried this series will also have an as predictable and imo Bad ending, such as in X, Mirai Nikki, and Stay/night. And that will reflect heavily on the raiting for me.
Mar 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Sep 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
It's obvious she was an evil bitch.
I would note your words down and I'd expect you to say you are surprised if she turns out not to be an evil bitch after all.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 4:59 AM

Apr 2011
I wasn't surprised by the fact Aika is the mage of Zetsuen because I had already read the spoilers but I can't wait to see their fight now.

And dat sword!
Mar 1, 2013 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah it was predictable, but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the show. Not at all. I love the story (not to mention the OST, animation and the overall presentation of the show) and especially the characters, they're extremely likable in my opinion - even if some of them are supposedly jackasses (Mahiro's behaviour, Samon at the beginning of the show) & Hakaze is my favourite, I'm in love with her personality and voice. Im definietely looking forward the next 4 episodes
Mar 1, 2013 5:26 AM

Nov 2008
DAT sword :O
Mar 1, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
This wouldn't be so obvious for me if not for the fucking spoilers in every single episode discussion.

But this episode was pretty awesome overall compared to most of the second half.
Mar 1, 2013 6:56 AM

May 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
LOL, I was like 0_0 when samon said he was wearing a wig. Then he said he was joking, which me go O_O

Yeah me too, man that is funny never thought he is a guy who can joke !!

Anyway so Aika is the true mage of Tempest, well then this would more questions !!
Mar 1, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
sword of aika is amazing, aika is really amazing
Mar 1, 2013 7:50 AM

Feb 2012
The fact that aika is the mage of exodus was obvious from the start.
Mar 1, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
Saturate said:
The fact that aika is the mage of exodus was obvious from the start.
For "from the start", from when? Ep.1 ? When we first heard of mage of exodus during the confrontation between Samon and Mahiro and Yoshino? Why was it so obvious at that time?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2011
Great Episode! I hope that they can continue to follow the manga until the last episode.
Mar 1, 2013 8:42 AM

Mar 2011
Woop I got it right about Aika, but where it will go from here I am still not sure.

Looking forward to next week :3.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 1, 2013 9:14 AM
Jan 2013
Man ,why can't we get a Hakaze close up fanservice?
Mar 1, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
Baddie007 said:
Man ,why can't we get a Hakaze close up fanservice?
So her wrapping herself in towel in the island does not count as fanservice? Her chest vibrating when she uses a massage chair is not a close-up fanservice?

Mar 1, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Aika's going Cloud Strife on Hakaze' ass

Damn Aika really is a shrewd person as Yoshino made her out to be, when she introduced herself I was tense just from watching the situation unfold. I can only imagine how Hakaze would feel. The reveal that Aika is the Mage of Exodus makes sense in the grand scheme of everything we've seen so far. My only question is how did Aika die? If she's that powerful, it's hard to believe she was killed by someone else other than Hakaze or even more interesting herself.

Other Thoughts

-Samon making that joke was funny in itself but what was even better was his reasoning, his perceptions being screwed over constantly pretty much haha
-Hakaze rubbing Yoshino's earlobe will never get old XD

You got my thoughts!
But when Aika appeared behind Akase I got crazy!!! I was yelling "I KNEW IT!!! AHAHAHAH I KNEW IT!!!!"
Mar 1, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
Well I figured Aika was the MOE (heh), it was kinda obvious.

Now I don't think Hakaze kills her, because that would go against Aika's plan for a "happy ending" for the three of them (four?).
Mar 1, 2013 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
Not so surprising because I got spoiled at the beginning of the series by someone lol.

Dat big ass sword! Rofl.

So judging on the time Aika was supposed to die then Hakaze is probably going to kill her? or no? But I got spoiled in MAL character database and it said that Aika is
Or maybe the time of death isn't really important at this point?

Anyways, that Miyuki laugh at this episode. Yeah!

RedArmyShogun said:

I don't really see how she is an evil bitch so far. Except if she is just using Yoshino to fulfill the Tree of Exodus will then... Well, I hope not.
Mar 1, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2011
Shit is about to get real next week. Aika looks so badass with dat big ass sword.
I thought it was cute how Hakaze was flirting with Yoshino for a second I thought she was going to kiss him.
Mar 1, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2010
Predictable but pretty well built and executed in my opinion. Aika is an amazing character, probably one of my favorites out there.
Mar 1, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
Why did everyone just assume that Aika was killed, she could have commited suicide. Well if you look at her position when she died its weird that she would be on such a comfortable posture if someone had killed her. But then again the killer could have just put her on that position.

And could someone tell me how to do the Spoiler button on this comment section?
Mar 1, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
IAtePringles said:
Orulyon said:
lonelydemon said:
Okay, that was intense but I always knew something is off about Aika's personality and the way she says those tempest line whatever.

Why is the Anime ahead of the manga, the manga is still on chapter 24. So where is the anime basing the story?

The anime is not ahead of the manga. The manga is only translated to chapter 24 but there are more than 40 chapters out in raw in chinese and Japanese.

by the way things are going you think there will be a season 2
No, the anime is extremely close to the end of the manga, this will have a conclusive ending that likley is the same as the manga's

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 1, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
lonelydemon said:
Why did everyone just assume that Aika was killed, she could have commited suicide. Well if you look at her position when she died its weird that she would be on such a comfortable posture if someone had killed her. But then again the killer could have just put her on that position.

And could someone tell me how to do the Spoiler button on this comment section?

[#spoiler]text here[#/spoiler] without the # symbols.

as for her death on the chair, its possible that she didnt want to die looking really bad but sort of mysterious or majestic in such a way. It would be in her character at least.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Mar 1, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
HOLY CRAP. s*it got Real

I kinda spoiled myself several episodes ago that Aika = Mage of Exodus but the reveal in this ep was AWESOME.

but ARG! Figures that they'd end the episode with the reveal D=
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 1, 2013 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
Everyone was correct on Aika being the MoE. At first I didn't want to believe it then it came true. Hakaze vs Aika looks promising next week.

Mar 1, 2013 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
RedArmyShogun said:
I would note your words down and I'd expect you to say you are surprised if she turns out not to be an evil bitch after all.

X 2.
Just because she is the mage of Exodus doesnt mean she is an evil bitch. You might be surprised who knows.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 1, 2013 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
Holy crap. I knew it'll lead to this, my hunch was right.
The timeline will surely be changed now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2006
I knew that she wasn't innocent, but I loved the execution!
The bow she took really made the whole situation more tense. I enjoyed this episode more than many others in this second part of the anime!
Mar 1, 2013 5:01 PM

Oct 2011
I somehow expect this 1 way or another. Anyway, things just took a bad turn, and that blade looks so badass!!!
Action next time!!!
Signature
Mar 1, 2013 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
OMG OMG OMG!!! Cliffhanger!

So it was Aika after all though I wasn't expecting her to be full mage of Exodus.
It seems that her power somehow split with her death, Yoshino bearing the truth and Hanemura the power. But if she plotted it all along (that's why she was dating Yoshino and maybe even Hanemura) or whether Hakaze splitted it somehow between those two in the past still remains to be seen.

I also like how the make fun of the most obvious theory in the first few minutes - that Hakaze killed Aika.
I guess we can safely say now that Hakaze isn't the one who killed her.

Edit: Is some sort of ritual kiss needed to transfer truth of exodus? Aika could do that to Yoshino and that would be the meaning behind not showing it in the show even it happened in Yoshino's telling. Was she preparing and testing Yoshino all along? Was it why she hesitated before? (when she was with Yoshino on the field). And what about Hanemura, how she get powers to him? More and more questions are coming, hell! :) But the answer - we can only guess.
Mich666Mar 1, 2013 5:29 PM
Mar 1, 2013 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
As always, this show is amazing! Even though I had the whole Aika being the mage spoiled for me. I enjoy this show so much! Its just so complicated, and it could go so many different ways! But as it stands now, this could easily be one of my favorite anime, here's hoping the last 4 episodes are spectacular!
Mar 1, 2013 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
Mich666 said:
OMG OMG OMG!!! Cliffhanger!

So it was Aika after all though I wasn't expecting her to be full mage of Exodus.
It seems that her power somehow split with her death, Yoshino bearing the truth and Hanemura the power. But if she plotted it all along (that's why she was dating Yoshino and maybe even Hanemura) or whether Hakaze splitted it somehow between those two in the past still remains to be seen.

I also like how the make fun of the most obvious theory in the first few minutes - that Hakaze killed Aika.
I guess we can safely say now that Hakaze isn't the one who killed her.

Edit: Is some sort of ritual kiss needed to transfer truth of exodus? Aika could do that to Yoshino and that would be the meaning behind not showing it in the show even it happened in Yoshino's telling. Was she preparing and testing Yoshino all along? Was it why she hesitated before? (when she was with Yoshino on the field). And what about Hanemura, how she get powers to him? More and more questions are coming, hell! :) But the answer - we can only guess.

Now that you mentioned that if Aika is dating Hanemura. What if the girlfriend Hanemura is taking about is really Aika! Aika dated both of them to split her power intentionally. loool
Mar 1, 2013 7:03 PM
May 2012
"Actually that's a wig" hahahaha, what was that?! Samon, joker??
Well, a really good episode. Poor Hakaze, no matter how much time passes, it will never fill the heart Yoshino apparently ...
And what was that ending?! Aika Fuwa, the maga exodus?!! Well, now we have a reason to kill her Hakaze power ... is the question at the end;
What will Yoshino and Mahiro when they know that?! Oo
Mar 1, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2012
first of all i have to admit that i have some problems with following time leaps (in general, not just when it comes to zetsuen no tempest), so if i'm wrong then please correct me.
but my thought was the following:

so hakaze went back in time and she arrived at that island one month before aika's death. hakaze used the metal thing there to get from this island. but isn't that the same metal thing she used to get back to the future during the previous episodes? so if she used it in the current episode, it's gone, right? so when her past-self gets to that island and time repeats itself and she wants to travel to the future to yoshino and mahiro, then she can't use the metal thing anymore because her future-self already went back in time and used it.

oh god. does this make sense? ._. i'm not even sure. and i went through all pages here, but no one else seemed to be thinking about it. so i'm pretty sure that i oversee something and it actually does make sense somehow...

a few other thoughts about that episode:

i liked that they already considered everything that could happen - that hakaze might kill aika, that yoshino might have killed aika etc.

it also felt like they were trying to go with a bit fanservice? two or three gifs of bouncing boobs, a shot at hakaze's hip when she was just wearing the really short... "skirt", a naked hakaze. maybe it happened before, but i realized it for the first time during that episode. felt weird and out of place.

and since that episode i really like aika. i like her calm, controlling personality and she's just such an interesting character. but i don't think that anyone was surprised that she's the mage of exodus lbh. i would really love it if she wasn't the mage of exodus in the end. like a mindfucking plot-twist.
but damn, dat sword! amazing. you go, aika!
Mar 1, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2012
hiabara said:
first of all i have to admit that i have some problems with following time leaps (in general, not just when it comes to zetsuen no tempest), so if i'm wrong then please correct me.
I think you may want to rewatch the episode because some of your confusion comes from missing some dialogues there.

hiabara said:
hakaze used the metal thing there to get from this island. but isn't that the same metal thing she used to get back to the future during the previous episodes? so if she used it in the current episode, it's gone, right?
Hakaze said in that episode she managed to find the stuff that Samon hid in the island. Remember Samon, being a cautious guy, hid something in the island so that Hakaze could get back in case he needed her? And Hakaze could not find it but at the end somehow a missile landed on the island and Hakaze used it to come back? And this struck of luck was attributed to the fact that Hakaze is the princess of the tree of beginning.

Mar 1, 2013 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
hiabara said:
I think you may want to rewatch the episode because some of your confusion comes from missing some dialogues there.

hiabara said:
hakaze used the metal thing there to get from this island. but isn't that the same metal thing she used to get back to the future during the previous episodes? so if she used it in the current episode, it's gone, right?
Hakaze said in that episode she managed to find the stuff that Samon hid in the island. Remember Samon, being a cautious guy, hid something in the island so that Hakaze could get back in case he needed her? And Hakaze could not find it but at the end somehow a missile landed on the island and Hakaze used it to come back? And this struck of luck was attributed to the fact that Hakaze is the princess of the tree of beginning.

ohh, my bad! i totally forgot that there was this missile that landed on the island! oh god. i shouldn't watch this show when i don't have enough sleep... okay, thanks for your help anyway. it does make sense now!
Mar 1, 2013 8:12 PM

Oct 2011
Even though I saw it coming from a mile away I was still taken aback by the tremendous execution of the revelation that

At this point I want to see who wins Aika's little game. Is it going to be Hamlet (Mahiro) or Prospero (Yoshino). Heck at this point I wouldn't put it past this show to have Aika go back in time to help Shakespeare write The Tempest simply to screw up the world so bad.

And thats why I love both Aika and this show....at least for now.
Mar 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
ArbiterAlCain said:
Even though I saw it coming from a mile away I was still taken aback by the tremendous execution of the revelation that
And of course I presume you know Samon said it as a joke, right?

Mar 1, 2013 8:46 PM

Sep 2011
Spoiled myself @ around episode 8 that Fuwa Aika was the Mage of Exodus and that she committed
Mar 1, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2010
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
i do remember toying with the idea of Aika being the Mage of Exodus all the way back to the "battle-debate" of mt. Fuji but discarding it because of being too farfetched :o
Mar 1, 2013 9:40 PM
Oct 2011
Tyrel said:
Spoiled myself @ around episode 8 that Fuwa Aika was the Mage of Exodus and that she committed

Don't click unless you don't want to be spoiled about Aika's intentions, seriously people.

Fallen_LullabyMar 1, 2013 9:43 PM
Mar 1, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
^ And this makes it neither Hamlet and Tempest I guess.

Mar 1, 2013 9:58 PM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
^ And this makes it neither Hamlet and Tempest I guess.

Mar 1, 2013 11:34 PM

Nov 2007
Hah I saw this coming a while back. It seemed almost too obvious that Aika would be the mage of Exodus? I mean who else could it be at this point?

The minute Hakaze panicked and ported up that building I knew Aika would appear.

The fight next episode.
Mar 1, 2013 11:39 PM

Aug 2010
This episode surprised me :D And Aika looked so strong, afraid Hakaza will loose but I don't think so
Mar 2, 2013 12:21 AM

May 2011
Had a feeling Aika was the Mage of Exodus but that revelation was still awesome. OH SHIT at that ending. (safe to click)
Dudewitbow said:
Mar 2, 2013 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
Misail said:
So, if Aika is the mage of Exodus it means there is a possibility that she killed herself
(don’t tell me if its right or wrong I don’t want spoilers)

Well as it is now it seems we have two most possible scenarios.
Ether she fought with Hakaze and got killed by her or she killed herself so she can manipulate the events following her death. The second scenario would need of course her having some sort of clairvoyance knowing what events her death will cause but maybe she doesn't need it now with Hakaze arriving from the future. Maybe she will fool Hakaze in telling her the future and knowing all this events she may decide that it fits her agenda(whatever that may be) and decides to kill herself so she can make those events come to reality.

So ironically if the last scenario comes true, Hakaze will still be partly responsible for her death because the knowledge that made Aika kill herself was given by her.

On the other hand Aika may have a way to cheat death altogether since she ain't a normal girl. The impossibility of her survival was based on the assumption that she was a normal girl and that is no longer valid. Hakaze cheated death in a way since he manage to come back alive from the past when she was in that island so maybe Aika has a way and a plan to reappear in the future.
MonadMar 2, 2013 2:34 AM
Mar 2, 2013 2:40 AM

Feb 2012
HOLY SHIT, that was pretty intense. I loved this episode. I laughed quite a lot at the Samon's joke and the ending left me totally excited for next week. Hakaze vs Aika will be goood!
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 2, 2013 2:47 AM

Oct 2011
seriously, i never thought that Samon is capable of joking. :))
and it really never occurred to me that Hakaze is the mage of exodus. just whoa.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.