Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 18, 2013 9:53 AM

Feb 2009
Best episode of this 2nd half, but still a very weak 2nd half. Yoshino crying.. meh, not impress (never liked his character to begin with). Hakaze is an ignorant bitch, I really like her as a character when she was in the island but after brining her back to the present it has been the opposite. Mahiro is annoying, but at least he is more entertaining than Yoshino and Hakaze, he is kinda like the wildcard. I never thought I would say this but the only ones who have been very consistently good and entertaining as characters are Samon and Natsumura, the rest can die for all I care. Oh and aliens?? Will Smith can take care of it.
Feb 18, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
Misail said:
Can't wait for the moment that Yoshino and Mahiro meat

O_e
Feb 19, 2013 1:46 AM
Apr 2010
jirawaa22 said:
Misail said:
Can't wait for the moment that Yoshino and Mahiro meat

O_e

Can't wait for the moment that Yoshino and Mahiro meat meets.
Here, you missed end of your sentence sir.

About Yoshino: he went half higurashi with those eyes! For a brief moment i thought he even will go full and strangle Hakaze to death. I don't know why it flew through my mind :D
Higurashi deviation i assume. Eyes like this -> there's gonna be fun!
Feb 19, 2013 1:51 AM
Oct 2012
awesome ep
Feb 19, 2013 3:28 PM

Feb 2010
bastek66 said:
Dem eyes

^LOVE that shot of her! I was gonna screenshot it myself...

Yoshino's breakdown was the best part of this episode....
Feb 19, 2013 4:48 PM
Mar 2010
Great episode, really picked the pace back up.
Feb 20, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
I was enjoying Zetsuen in Tempest, a lot.
But they destroyed any logic with this episode.

What kind of God would let be destroyed by its own "Priestess"? One thing is the tree to do the will of your most adored human, something else completely different is the tree going to be subordinate and attend such completely paradoxical caprices.
Feb 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Forever_A said:

What kind of God would let be destroyed by its own "Priestess"? One thing is the tree to do the will of your most adored human, something else completely different is the tree going to be subordinate and attend such completely paradoxical caprices.

Which is why it's a tyrant and should be destroyed. Pretty simple, it seems to me.
Feb 21, 2013 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
Litrydow said:
Forever_A said:

Which is why it's a tyrant and should be destroyed. Pretty simple, it seems to me.

WTF? You haven't answered me. Why would someone choose to survive makes him a tyrant? Where is the logic in that thought?

The people exist to serve God, not the opposite.
Feb 21, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Forever_A said:
Litrydow said:
Forever_A said:

WTF? You haven't answered me. Why would someone choose to survive makes him a tyrant? Where is the logic in that thought?

The people exist to serve God, not the opposite.

If he wants us to serve him, he's a dictator.
Feb 21, 2013 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
No. Because the relationship between two humans is different from the relationship between a human and a god. Ethics and morals are very different.
It's the same difference of the relationship between humans and animals. We can cage and eat them.

BUT that's not what I'm trying to discuss. If that tree is an dictador, tyrant or if humans are to combat it, is another question.

What I'm trying to say is that Hakaze wants to ask for the tree to destroy itself to prove something. Think of yourself as a King/President/Prime Minister/leader of anything and hence a subordinate is asking you to commit suicide to prove you aren't a tyrant. This is a utterly absurd!
Feb 21, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
Id get where your coming from if the tree was allowing itself to die, but its not committing suicide, hanamura is killing it against its will, hakaze is just using the tree to make him stronger and hence forth be able to kill the tree, its trying to stop that but its failing.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 21, 2013 10:59 PM

May 2012
Yoshino letting it out at last T.T
awesome
Feb 23, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
It was kinda good to see Yoshino truly open up and the fact is he feels exactly like Mahiro, but simply chose a different path. I wonder if something if pulling his strings now. It was good for the last bombshell to finally drop.

Hanemura was epic in this one, he was the only one to realize and simply school Samon, Jun and Mahiro, and even scolded Samon and Jun for NOT being able to figure out something somewhat obvious. I admit Yoshino hid it very well, but for them to not even consider the possibility is odd.

The whole group should just declare war on both trees and get rid of both.
Feb 23, 2013 1:11 AM

Jul 2008
Forever_A said:

That was Hakaze's point and what she is going to test, whether she is a pawn for it, or in fact the tree bends to her will as she has believed her whole life.

And logic destruction seems to be a theme for the whole show.
Feb 24, 2013 6:23 PM

Nov 2007
More detail on revealing Yoshino's girlfriend. Wow @ Hakaze getting Yoshino's emotion out.

lol @ female mage's prediction.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 25, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2012
decent ep
Feb 25, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2010
Funny how Hanamura stated the obvious that Aika went out with Yoshino.( he got it so fast then Mahiro) poor Mahiro but at least he acted mature.( too quite too)

The part when Yozhino said he holded his feelings in at Aika's death ,really got too me,
T^T really wanted to cry for all the deaths of family I hold in,for the fact they are at a better place.
But damn he didn't grieve for so long( how did he stay sane?) I wouldn't know how too.
Keeping burdens is hard,sad too see Yoshino suffer more than Mahiro.
Mar 5, 2013 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
"Carpet (something)" ... really, that was the best name Hanemura could come up with for his attack?
Mar 11, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
cladinpink said:
"Carpet (something)" ... really, that was the best name Hanemura could come up with for his attack?

Well, it is Hanemura we're talking about.

I'm glad Hakaze temporarily back to her old confident self instead of remaining lovesick. That was pretty annoying. The skirmish between the mages was pretty decent (besides the attack name). Yoshino's breakdown was unexpected, it creeper me out a bit.
Apr 10, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
Yoshino breaking down was pretty sweet!
May 16, 2013 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
Yoshino finally broke down and let his feelings out.And Mahiro finally realized Yoshino was dating Aika.Next episode their confrontation on the matter,wonder who this'll play out.
Jun 9, 2013 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Meh, didn't really feel anything for Yoshino when he finally let it all out.
As for Mahiro, damn bro...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 20, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2013
alphastigma117 said:
good episode i teared up a little, man yoshino knows how to drop a bomb

totally agree meat i cried a little too, he is really in love with aika, i thought he is just bluffing because he show no emition at all

very very good ep
Oct 12, 2013 3:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

bastek66 said:
Dem eyes

When a girl looks at you like this, be careful! XD

Episode pleasant tones of the plot are sad and dramatic, as I like and how they should be in the subject. Narrative is interesting, the wizard of Zetsuen proves more tough and intelligent than he could appear before! XD
Design and beautiful animations, pleasing scenery!
Climactic scene, the embrace between Hakaze and Yoshino, while she pronounces those words of hatred toward the tree! * _ *
Oct 23, 2013 12:04 PM

Nov 2009
. . . This series . . . The fights were cool in the first episode or 2 . . . But now it's just meh. Disappointing. And the lines coming out of Hakaze's mouth, oh gawd.
Jan 14, 2014 8:32 PM
Apr 2011
The first half of the episode was heart wrenching. Wow, I really felt the emotions of Yoshino and of Hakaze. Hakaze loves Yoshino so much that she was willing to forget about herself and her feelings to take care of Yoshino. At first, I saw this going a different route, when Yoshino started giving her the crazy eyes, I thought for sure he was going villain on us. However, those faces showed the conditions of his heart and how much hurt he had been sealing inside. When he let that all out, I couldn't helped but being moved. Great scene.

Yoshino and Mahiro are similar in the sense that they both have been avoiding their feelings, but in different ways. Yoshino was though logic, while Mahiro took revenge. It's Mahiro's turn to move on now.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 25, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
I'm really intrigued about how and why Aika died if she really did die.
Jan 31, 2014 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Anon1409 said:
I'm really intrigued about how and why Aika died if she really did die.

Will probably be revealed in the last two episodes.
Mar 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2013
A strong episode indeed. Looks like Mahiro is gonna do shit, i was missing him :)
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 19, 2014 3:47 AM

Jun 2011
LOL HAKAZE, what is "my Yoshino"? What a joke. Stop getting on my nerves. Her outfit reminds me of Fujiwara no Sai, that's the only good thing about her now.
Pirating_Ninja said:
. . . This series . . . The fights were cool in the first episode or 2 . . . But now it's just meh. Disappointing. And the lines coming out of Hakaze's mouth, oh gawd.

I feel you. Where is the Hakaze I used to like?

Yoshino breaking down could have been done better imo.

Getting some Mahiro vs Yoshino soon! :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 16, 2014 12:39 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm, I totally approve of Yoshino having abit of a breakdown. I think he really needed it. I think Mahiro was quite in denial for awhile. . .
Jul 19, 2014 6:22 PM

Dec 2013
Hakaze looked cool in that outfit
Jul 31, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2012
Great development, things sure are getting quite intense and good! Let's see what will happen next though.
Sep 13, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2013
I wonder what will Mahiro do now that he knows the truth. hmm..

I believe that Hakaze falling for Yoshino is ruining the show.. it destroyed Hakaze's character and it is overwhelming the plot.. yeah the romance is connected to the plot alright and some important things might've never happened if Hakaze's not in love with Yoshino but do we really need to she them having their childish romance every time? Especially Hakaze.. she's getting annoying. She's always like "I'll do everything for my love, Yoshino even if I had to fight some stupid tree or something". I miss her old personality.
Dec 31, 2014 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
Finally, Yoshino showed his true feelings about Aika's death.
That was a nice disguise, Hakaze.
May 29, 2015 3:07 AM

May 2013
We finally got to see Yoshino's feelings unrestrained. We knew Aika's death hurt him but his demeanor always made it seem like he was over it...but he was far from it.

Hakaze seems to be even more driven and determined to win Yoshino's heart. I love it.
Jun 23, 2015 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
My respect for Hakaze just tripled after this episode.

Hakaze > Aika

One missed call from Fuwa Mahiro. Oh crap
Jul 19, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this face

I completely forgot to question about what happened in Yoshino’s past to make him who he is now.
Because of him, even Hakaze is against the Tree of Genesis.

So even aliens are in this story now 😳
Nov 15, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
FrozenSoda said:
We finally got to see Yoshino's feelings unrestrained. We knew Aika's death hurt him but his demeanor always made it seem like he was over it...but he was far from it.

Hakaze seems to be even more driven and determined to win Yoshino's heart. I love it.

Yeah that's was I also thought. Even yet Yoshinos feelings for Aika are really strong. As he began to cry oh god that was heartbreaking. At the same time it was hard to see Hakaze, because she also love Yoshino so much ;_;

Dancing princess vs Exodus mage was nice, to push Hanemura to his limits to beat the tree of genesis.

So I think the next what we will see is Mahiro and Yoshino meet each other. I'm really excited for it.

Feb 11, 2016 8:15 PM

Mar 2015
I totally agree with Yoshino what he stated about the reaction to death of Aika.

OP2 >>>> OP1

3.5/5
May 27, 2016 11:37 AM

Dec 2014
I dont know why but the fights in this show does not have a real impact on me... the fight in this episode seemed stupid to me though
Dec 16, 2016 2:00 PM

Sep 2015
For some reason it felt like Hakaze was gonna die this episode. Feels like a superhero anime now lol.
Feb 20, 2018 11:21 PM
Dec 2017
I gotta admit that he felt like a cool, composed, and logical character...but that crying scene really changed how I saw him as a character. I've liked him from the start but I couldn't be happier with the fact that he finally got to mourn Aika's death. As for the creepiness in his eyes during that scene, I definitely noticed it. I honestly loved it though. Saying that crying over Aika's death or getting revenge wouldn't accomplish anything...hiding his own feelings...it just makes me feel that his eyes showed that he tried to push his feelings back even more and attempted to do so with the type of responses he gave.

Overall, great episode and great series so far.
Feb 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2017
This is the first time that we see Yoshino crying for Aika. Still, I don't know what Hakaze is planning to do next.

Aliens??
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 28, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2016
Yoshino releasing all the pent up emotions was a powerful moment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2022 10:04 AM
Nov 2020
I like how despite being the meekest of the cast, Hanemura threw the biggest blows to Mahiro without raising a single fist
Sep 14, 2022 10:12 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Yoshino is such a badass. I wish I could control my emotions that way too. I really like his thinking. It's very efficient!
Oct 2, 2022 9:12 AM
Jan 2020
I miss you sakuga, haven't seen you since the first 3 episodes
Nov 25, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2020
Those emotions were bottled up for too long. So fair enough of Yoshino to let it all out, and Hakaze acting reasonable as well.

Seeing the end, guess we'll finally have that inevitable confrontation of truth lol. Can't trust Mahiro and what he'll upto.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.