Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2013 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
The more the show try to point Yoshino out as the Mage of Exodus, The more I do not buy it. But I believe it implies something. For instance let's say, as many people speculated, Aika was the Mage of Exodus and she loved Yoshino. Thus he is protected/blessed by the Tree of Exodus, rendering his existence independent from the logic of the tree Genesis.

FatalScythe said:
dsw said:
Hakaze is too cute. All of a sudden it feels like Inaba has returned! XD

I feel the same.I wonder if the voice actor for Inaba is the same for Hakaze? I just can't keep thinking of inaba everytime i hear her voice. lol.

Yeah. She has a pretty unique way of talking. Once you get used to it, you can't get it off your head.
Feb 1, 2013 9:39 AM

Feb 2011
That was interesting . I'm interested in how Hakaze x Yoshino will develop rather than the plot lol
Feb 1, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2008
UnbornMVs said:
That was interesting . I'm interested in how Hakaze x Yoshino will develop rather than the plot lol

And suddenly after this episode I don't care about the plot anymore and really wanna see the exactly same thing. They're quite interesting couple.

OK, I actually do want to see how the plot resolves, but heck, I kinda feel they're not as interesting as first part of this anime. Just feels like this one is more comedy oriented while first part was all about mystery, murder and revenge, way more interesting, and not to mention, that argument which lasted for 3 episodes and was pretty epic. I'm just not finding that anymore in this anime.
Feb 1, 2013 11:02 AM

May 2010
Lol i am started to love Hakaze.She has such a cute crush on Yoshino.
Feb 1, 2013 11:07 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. They made the mage of Exodus like your typical hero in spandex.

Also, Hakaze developed an inner Hakaze. Hahaha. So cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2013 11:22 AM

Mar 2012
I have to say they've been laying a lot of plot holes ever since Hakaze returned. So far they've done a superb job and I trust all will be resolved in due time, but I'm still pretty lost at this point. I don't know what to believe sometimes, and the characters themselves seem genuinely conflicted too.

On another note, Hakaze's crush on Yoshino is indeed very cute. But I'm also getting this feeling that Yoshino loves Aika a lot more than suggested at the beginning of the series. Can he really get over Aika, or even fall for Hakaze? As much as I want to root for Hakaze x Yoshino, it's looking pretty bleak. One-sided, even, because Hakaze is the only person blushing at every instance.

I'm starting to get this feeling too that Aika knows something about the future before she died. Tempest and Hamlet, as Mahiro said, are two revenge-oriented plays that end up in very different places. Could Aika have been implicitly telling Mahiro that there can be two endings to his revenge, knowing that she'll die at some point? Hmm.

And for those who're disappointed with the direction since the first arc, I think Zetsuen has a lot in store for us. My faith in it has been sealed ever since they pulled off a string of 3-4 episodes of pure conversation and still made it insanely interesting.
Feb 1, 2013 11:22 AM
Nov 2012
ChioneDyrken said:

So the snake pattern was discovered even without the whole fire-burning incident is it? o.o did Evangeline find it on her own??

The Kusaribe village never appears in the manga, that snake pattern doesn't really appear in a Kusaribe shrine. We just see that Yamamoto and Hayakawa start to investigate and Yamamoto is the first one to discover things about the Trees. Sorry if it sounds confusing but I guess the anime will explain everything eventually.

From what I see in the preview they are going to animate chapter 24 (Marine Snow) in Hakaze/Yoshino side while Mahiro/Hanemura/the others side are going to have scenes animated from chapter 26 which could mean that they're going to end next episode with a big cliffhanger if my suspicions are correct.

And those who miss the intellectual fights like the one in Mount Fuji between Samon and Yoshino fear not, in the manga there's another fight like that but neither Samon nor Yoshino nor Mahiro are involved.
Feb 1, 2013 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
Hakaze was indeed so damn cute in this episode.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 1, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
Just giving a little wild guess here caus eim starting to get a niggling feelign this will happen

Hanamura will probably become the villain soon, like with his power it seems way to easy for the heroes if they can use him, i get the feeling something big is going to happen that will set him off.

again just a random guess mainly cause this show lacks a real villain ever since samon turned out to be worthless. Hanamura with his power seems perfect for a villain if he ends up being screwed with.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 1, 2013 3:41 PM

Oct 2011
Yoshino kept getting suspected huh, if they know about Aika being his girlfriend, I wonder if things will get better or worse for him, leaving aside the fact that Mahiro will beat him up.
Signature
Feb 1, 2013 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, mostly filler but still entertaining, they are around halfway through the chapters and its still going at a nice pace so far, gonna be original ending though but I still can't wait til they tie it all together, love this anime/manga
Feb 1, 2013 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Just giving a little wild guess here caus eim starting to get a niggling feelign this will happen

Hanamura will probably become the villain soon, like with his power it seems way to easy for the heroes if they can use him, i get the feeling something big is going to happen that will set him off.

again just a random guess mainly cause this show lacks a real villain ever since samon turned out to be worthless. Hanamura with his power seems perfect for a villain if he ends up being screwed with.

I would love that. His character needs to grow some balls anyway.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 1, 2013 5:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
For me, with this episode several pieces of the puzzle I had been fidgeting over the last few weeks suddenly clicked into place.
Feb 1, 2013 7:54 PM
Apr 2010
I'm still very curious about how things will work out. Aika HAD to have known what would happen, somehow. I still can't shake the suspicion that she'll still end up doing something for the story, actively.

I love how in this series, a character can be weird or make someone doubt themselves, and that alone means they could be the 'Mage of Exodus'. It's awesome to have each little action possibly mean something.

They are repeating the same suspicions an awful lot, though... I'm hoping the twists will live up to all this foreshadowing. The longer they draw this all out, the better a twist I demand.
"No matter what the reason is, where humans are involved, there is no black or white, no justice or evil. There is only our will." - Oz, Pandora Hearts

"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think. Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analyzing the reasons behind it." - Lacie, Pandora Hearts

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Freedom is the dignity of men." - Captain Harlock
Feb 1, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
Never thought about comparing and contrasting Hamlet and Tempest. I think this is one insight I am happy to gain by watching this series.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 1, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
Never thought about comparing and contrasting Hamlet and Tempest. I think this is one insight I am happy to gain by watching this series.

same. :D now i have something to look forward to in english class haha

Cratex said:
For me, with this episode several pieces of the puzzle I had been fidgeting over the last few weeks suddenly clicked into place.

true.
Feb 1, 2013 10:16 PM

Dec 2010
This is probably the best episode from the second half so far. At first I wasn't sure about how they were going to handle Hakaze's character, but I think its turning out quite nicely. I'm already ready for the next episode!
Feb 2, 2013 4:17 AM

Feb 2012
It was a great episode.
Feb 2, 2013 5:02 AM

Jun 2010
Wait, so the anime will not follow the manga accurately? Dang, I don't want to drop it!

For crying out loud, how come they still haven't realized that Jun is the Zetsuen Mage? The Spear Guy, at least, should - he experienced his no-offerings superpowers first hand! Hakaze is hopelessly love-sick, so I guess she might not see what Jun just talked her into (that is disregarding Tree of Beginning's logic), but everybody else seem to have received the Idiot Ball!
Feb 2, 2013 5:08 AM

Jul 2010
Hakaze really couldn't help herself in the end. She cares too much for Yoshino.

I'm also starting to believe the theory about The Mage of Exodus actually being two people. One with the powers and one who has the personality; the latter being Yoshino.

Feb 2, 2013 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
From reading this topic, I think there'll be a STUPID ALTERNATIVE ENDING, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Just leave a cliffhanger for a second season when the manga is finished, is it that hard?
Feb 2, 2013 6:49 AM
Dec 2012
Yoshino is a coward. Aika gave him a chance to touch her in the private part, but he didn't take it.

Citing from Hamlet, Aika foresaw Mahiro and Yoshino would kill each other in the end? And citing from Tempest, she hoped Mahiro would forgive Yoshino?

The two old women of the village reminded me of witch hags from Macbeth somehow.
Feb 2, 2013 7:02 AM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:
Yoshino is a coward. Aika gave him a chance to touch her in the private part, but he didn't take it.
But then if Aika did not already know he is a "coward" on this kind of thing, she might not have offered that to Yoshino at all. It is just as likely that Aika did not really mean to let him see her private part (see, not touch) and was just teasing him, as she had done so many times in the past.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 2, 2013 7:05 AM
Feb 2011
tezann_t said:
I don't know what to believe sometimes, and the characters themselves seem genuinely conflicted too.

To be fair, one of the main themes of Hamlet were the characters' self-conflict and deciding WHAT to believe - the rational or the nonsensical. I think the anime has taken that point and adapted it VERY well.
Feb 2, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
Why do people think it will go down anime only despite all the important plot points happening in this episode and the next episode clearly showing scenes from the next couple chapters and even being named after it.

This is nothing new, the anime has been adding stuff in from the manga but still using the same plot point just in different ways to reach said points.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Oct 2011
I really do not know what to make of this story anymore. On one hand I want to try to understand what is going on but if I think too hard about it I may be disappointed with the depth of the ending if it falls short of how smart this show appears.

To better illustrate what I mean I will begin with my speculation to this point (anime only- I dont read mangas)
Spoiler just in case

At this point I do not know what Aika was really capable of:
Did she know everything that was going to happen- even how it was going to end?
Is she still alive and wants to know how it ends?

Or is this all in my head and this massive web of intricate betrayals and confusions all a big coincidence and the resolution much simpler than that?

If it does turn out to be much simpler I think that I will be really disappointed.
Feb 2, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2007
So. Gordon Freeman is kidnapping little girls now? It's always the silent ones...
Feb 2, 2013 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
I hate how Yoshino keeps thinking about Aika, I really wish he'd get over her and fall in love with Hakaze. Also, I really don't think Yoshino is the mage of Exodus, even though he seems suited for it.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 2, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2011
These flashbacks with Aika and Yoshino are always nice to watch and it is pretty nice to note that he still care a lot about her. Still hoping to see him and Hakaze get together though, who by the way is somehow getting cuter every single episode. Ahh I loved seeing her get embarrassed and conflicted with herself.

I just don't see Yoshino being the Mage of Exodus.
Feb 2, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2011
I liked this episode, those grannies got jokes lol. I know alot wasnt explained but that is the whole point of keep watching the anime.
Feb 2, 2013 3:39 PM

Apr 2011
sdfsdfds
Feb 2, 2013 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
ArbiterAlCain said:

Is she still alive and wants to know how it ends?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 2, 2013 8:24 PM

Oct 2010
This episode really was nice cause it showed more of Aika but most of all finally closed more the gap of Hakaze’s love for Yoshino. FINALLY! That hug at the end was what really showed all that needed to be shown.

About Aika, she really was very daring in the following,

My my I never knew she would dare and she even admits not wearing any bra. Damn! That’s quite daring aright.

About Hakaze and Yoshino in the streets. If one notices the foreshadow on the TV of the family. One should read the mood of the whole love marriage and kids theme and the show just emphasizes it.

About the Exodus Mage, lovely suit made for him. The OP hinted that but now I know it’s him for sure.

The effects and atmosphere is bound as a setup to raise hope. However Megumu does not want it. Little does he know that it’s THOSE STUNTS that will have his girl back with him. Well if she figures out it’s him or finds out he can do that. At worst kidnapping her and using her as booster for Megumu might prove worthy if it has to be done.

About the village, I like seeing that little girl Sana and the other kids. Those of Hiroyuki and Miki. I liked a lot the boy cause he teased Hakaze of Yoshino being her boyfriend.

The 2 grandmothers were quite hilarious mainly due to how they were shown and their faces. I ROFL when they said they were making loads of kids cause Hakaze really got a priceless face there.

About the references, 2 of them as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Denmark
And
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tempest
The first being tragic and the second being happy. It shows that Mahiro is looking at how to end this both ways. Guess he is looking for a way to decide how to end this. However coincidence strikes with the first one that indeed it’s a Lover VS Brother love. Just Mahiro did not realize it yet.

About thee end, YES! HAKAZE HUGS YOSHINO! HAKAZE OVER 9000 EMOTIONS! STRONG! YEAH! I will add quietly now Hakaze using magic the sake of love and not logic. AMAZING! Pretty much how the scene was to me. It felt very hyper and emotional! FANS REJOICE!

THAT BOX! SNAKES! Indeed I see snake symbols on it and we all know the snake consumes as much as Satan was labelled as one as he consumed human life very much. IMO this box spells doom.

About the preview, OMG will Yoshino finally kiss Aika? I see that the Mage of Exodus is going wild again.

Overall I am happy with Hakaze going further in her love.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 2, 2013 9:42 PM

Mar 2010
I love this show, and reading most of your comments and theories make it more interesting to me, more than half of those theories i would have not thought by myself, and even if they don't happen i enjoy thinking about it.

Like Yoshino being the mage of exodus, is rather improbable, but still i would like to see that happen. Aika being the one pulling the strings like a sith lord like someone sais, and so on.

Anyway, Hakaze-chan is getting more and more cute, i'm sorry for Aika, i really like her but Hakaze, she's too lovable.

WickedHeroine said:
Nayrael said:
P.S.- Okay, so if the current Mage of Exodus ISN'T the actual Mage of Exodus, then what the hell is he?
The Anime didn't explain it well: they believe that one person inherited powers of the Tempest while another one inherited the personality and will of the Tempest (a theory they came up with for few reasons, one being because they probably find it hard to believe that Tree of Exodus would choose a complete wuss as his harbinger of doom).
Wow, okay. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you!

It does make some sense.

Hekshi_Sekshi said:

dreadknightnero said:
Those Grannies and their maiden talk
HAHAHAHA
they had me lol'ing too XD

Yeah, that was pretty funny...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Feb 2, 2013 10:40 PM

Oct 2010
I may potentially kill myself if hakaze and yoshino dont end up together
Feb 2, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
The insights and theories imparted in this show and in this episode are what I like watching this kind of anime. However, somehow the pacing is somewhat slow. Others here even mentioned about fillers now if based from manga. I am aware that there's still 8 episodes to go for the revelations. Well, I just hope that those moments when these events will be unfolded, will be executed well.

Yoshino, why you? You seems like a younger brother to me with your attitude and personality, if we'll talk about relationship here. I really wonder with Aika's taste. *scratches head* Some women like to have a boyfriend with passive personality (can't even touch his girl's leg or initiate the first kiss)...someone they can dictate or have power over. I can quite understand with Hakaze's feeling for him (after the incident of her 'resurrection' though).

On the other note, I wish more for Mahiro's screentime. Hahaha, I love his 55 overall getup in this episode. This guy, on the other hand, has strong personality.
Feb 3, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
Lieila said:
...Yoshino, why you? You seems like a younger brother to me with your attitude and personality, if we'll talk about relationship here. I really wonder with Aika's taste. *scratches head* Some women like to have a boyfriend with passive personality (can't even touch his girl's leg or initiate the first kiss)...someone they can dictate or have power over. I can quite understand with Hakaze's feeling for him (after the incident of her 'resurrection' though).

It wasn't her leg Aika was inviting him to touch... But I can understand not wanting to try that experiment in public! She was daring indeed. I am more than a bit sad that Aika is really dead, glad we get to see her in flashbacks but still... More Hanazawa Kana please! Another reason to watch the show... Such great seiyuu!

Love Sawashiro Miyuki as Hakaze though and want to see her get together with Yoshino. Totally support that pairing!
Feb 3, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2008
hpulley said:
It wasn't her leg Aika was inviting him to touch... But I can understand not wanting to try that experiment in public!

LOL, I know. It was the private part. I wasn't that very specific, sorry.
Feb 3, 2013 7:53 AM

Jun 2010
I don't really get why are they saying Yoshino is the mage of exodus. Isn't it just because Hakaze is in love with Yoshino that she used magic for his sake? What is Tetsuma and co. trying to say?

But still Hakaze is too much... Too much cuteness.. Miyuki.. .HHHHNNNNNNGGGG. I like Aika but I am hoping for Hakaze x Yoshino ending.
Feb 3, 2013 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
hpulley said:
Lieila said:
...Yoshino, why you? You seems like a younger brother to me with your attitude and personality, if we'll talk about relationship here. I really wonder with Aika's taste. *scratches head* Some women like to have a boyfriend with passive personality (can't even touch his girl's leg or initiate the first kiss)...someone they can dictate or have power over. I can quite understand with Hakaze's feeling for him (after the incident of her 'resurrection' though).

It wasn't her leg Aika was inviting him to touch... But I can understand not wanting to try that experiment in public! She was daring indeed. I am more than a bit sad that Aika is really dead, glad we get to see her in flashbacks but still... More Hanazawa Kana please! Another reason to watch the show... Such great seiyuu!

Love Sawashiro Miyuki as Hakaze though and want to see her get together with Yoshino. Totally support that pairing!

Aika was just teasing Yoshino. She knew he would never have actually touched her. He was shy and awkward and totally wrapped around Aika's finger. This was just another example of Aika power and ability to manipulate.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 3, 2013 8:25 AM

Dec 2011
Wow, i really like this ep.
Hakaze is so cute when hugs Yoshino. ^_^
Feb 3, 2013 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad that this is becoming more serious on one side. But there was a lot of comedy in this episode. I can't say that I hate it, but I do prefer serious above comedic.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 4, 2013 5:08 AM

Oct 2012
The episode was really good ;

But anyway i think the Kurisabe clan are conspiring a little too much about Yoshino being the mage of Exodus but, i cant say that i think that it may be a possibility too.
Feb 6, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2012
motrya said:

Hakaze is so cute when hugs Yoshino. ^_^

Totally agree :3
Feb 10, 2013 4:27 PM

Jul 2008
Heh Aika is still pulling the world's strings even in death. And I have to say Hakaze is getting way too cute, its infectious.
Feb 11, 2013 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
Didn't enjoy it as much as I did in the previous eps.
Feb 15, 2013 10:53 PM
Mar 2009
It's like a giant pile of misunderstandings and accusations on Yoshino. Really, if anyone was going to be the Mage of Exodus, it would be Mahiro; he clearly has the heart that is required.

Hakaze finally admits to it! Hurhur.

So the spy was the guy sent from overseas. That can't be good.

Aika continues to baffle me; I still don't get how she fits into the whole picture. The whole ghosts thing seemed like foreshadowing.
Feb 17, 2013 3:42 PM
Mar 2010
Although I am still enjoying the series, I felt Hakaze was a stronger character when she was stuck on an island inventing plans to foil her brother. xD
Feb 19, 2013 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
The grannies were funny as hell.

Hakaze is adorable.
Mar 5, 2013 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
I'm liking this show and its characters less and less with each new episode I watch.

Hakaze's infatuation with Yoshino pretty much transforms her from an awesome, kickass princess into a dumb high school girl in love. I was hoping for her to be more mature about it, seeing how she's older than both Yoshino and Mahiro (though by how many years I don't know), but the directors seems pretty intent on having her take on the "cutesy-lovey-dovey" personality.

Also, Hanemura is such a wimp. I don't see what he's doing in the series at all.

The only character I still like is Evangeline, as she seems to be the only one who's ready to view both sides of the story (despite hanging around with the "opposition" as of now). It seems she hasn't made her final decision on which side to support yet, and she seems to be pretty much the only one weighing the pros and cons against each other without the influence of love, revenge or some other emotion interfering with logic and reason.

Frankly, I don't know whether I like this series or not.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.