Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2008 5:07 PM

Jun 2008
Roffle. This episode had me laughing my ass off. I rarely do get good kicks out of anime, but I loved every bit of this episode. I start to love the characters, each more and more! I couldn't get enough of Minorin! She is sooo cute. Taiga especially in this one too, the whole dream thing...awhs. Taiga describing Ami being naked, "boing...boing..." XDD! I want MORE >:3 I wouldn't be suprised if it was Ami behind this spooky stuff, she seems annoyed at the fact Ryuuji doesn't pay too much attention to her, dun dun dun.
Nov 29, 2008 6:16 PM

Sep 2008
the tiger fall in loveee.
Nov 29, 2008 6:37 PM

Feb 2008
Seriously one of the funniest episodes so far.
Ryuuji's dream was kinda.... strange. Oo
Ami is like "boing". lol
Nov 29, 2008 9:57 PM

Feb 2008
This was a cute episode. It was great to see a different side to Minorin when she was talking with Ryuuji about how she doesn't believe in ghosts because she can't see them. Loved the subtext there.

Highlights of the episode for me:
•Minorin's snapshots of naked Kitamura
•Ryuuji whining to Taiga after he was tricked by Ami
•"Boing"
•Seaweed monster xD
Nov 29, 2008 11:45 PM

Aug 2008
lol at this episode
taiga and minori is metally scared forevre xD
lol
Nov 30, 2008 2:05 AM

Mar 2008
ha this episode was almost perfect XD
Nov 30, 2008 7:37 AM

Jun 2008
This episode is just priceless!!!!! the best one yet!!! XD

Nov 30, 2008 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
lols Toradora is soo funny and cute
cant wait for next episode when they are in the cave ^^

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Nov 30, 2008 12:06 PM

Oct 2007
Minorin was freaking awesome in this episode. Everytime she had some screentime she made me laugh really hard :P And Taiga is really cute to. Points for Kitamura tho, the sheer guts to go in the kitchen naked with 3 girls...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Nov 30, 2008 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
Am I the only one who wouldn't be sad if Ryuuji ended up with Minori? I think either couple would be cute. I just wish Taiga would show Ryuuji more appreciation if they're going to end up together.

I did like the scene at the end where they're sitting in the livingroom. She warms her feet on his back - it shows such great closeness you never see in anime.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Nov 30, 2008 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
Fucking hilarious!
This is one of the best episodes yet!
And there's still 16 of them to go! ^^

Also, more romantic developments are explored!

ROFL! That shameless bastard is so gonna get parodied in the internet with this scene!
Nov 30, 2008 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Genix, I just read "romantic developments" and then looked at the picture xD
Dec 1, 2008 1:41 AM

Jul 2008
my stomach hurts... no more... please... this eps was priceless.
If you were to accurately measure the time I've spent watching anime and reading manga, I think MAL would break down.
Dec 1, 2008 1:50 AM

Jul 2007

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
And tha part with the towel was ROFL x 3124123432421421!!!!!
Dec 1, 2008 4:20 AM

Nov 2008
Cloud1234 said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Cloud1234 said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oh nice observation! So what do you think the guy is going to do with that phone camera? Internet you tube? LOL!
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 1, 2008 9:47 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode. Kitamura and Kushieda are really so weird ^^
Dec 1, 2008 1:46 PM

Sep 2007
Inko-chan is doomed. DX

Loved the episode, yet again. Minorin/Ryuuji's ghost conversation was one of my favorite scenes so far.
Dec 1, 2008 2:22 PM
Dec 2007
Flyleaf said:
DeathfireD said:
So here's what I think.

Kitamura likes Minori because he already understands that it wont work with Taiga unless they get to know each other better (which isn't happening) and get to the point where her and Ryuuji are at right now.

D: I kinda-sorta agree with this, but it's only episode 9 out of 25... so there could be development with Kitamura and Taiga, you never know.
I don't think Kitamura has any romantic interest whatsoever on those 3. He basically went out with them because he wanted to have some fun over the summer. There's just not enough to go on with him though. At least we've got to learn some things about Minori, but Kitamura is a big blank still.

Dec 1, 2008 3:13 PM

Jun 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Flyleaf said:
DeathfireD said:
So here's what I think.

Kitamura likes Minori because he already understands that it wont work with Taiga unless they get to know each other better (which isn't happening) and get to the point where her and Ryuuji are at right now.

D: I kinda-sorta agree with this, but it's only episode 9 out of 25... so there could be development with Kitamura and Taiga, you never know.
I don't think Kitamura has any romantic interest whatsoever on those 3. He basically went out with them because he wanted to have some fun over the summer. There's just not enough to go on with him though. At least we've got to learn some things about Minori, but Kitamura is a big blank still.

Him and Minori are in the same exact boat as Taiga and Ryuuji, they click. If you havent noticed they do a lot of things togeathor aside from club activities. They also seem to pair up any time theres activities. It only makes sense that Kitamura has some kind of feelings for Minori.
Dec 1, 2008 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
More Ami x Ryuuji! Less Ryuuji x Taiga>.< I really dont want those 2 end up together ;_;
Dec 1, 2008 5:07 PM

Feb 2007
Probably the best episode yet. Lots of great moments from everyone. Next episode looks even better.

At the moment, I don't know who I want Ryuuji to end up with, and I want to see some more development and background with Kitamura and Minorin before I decide who I want to support.
Dec 1, 2008 5:36 PM
Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:
Leon-Gun said:
Flyleaf said:
DeathfireD said:
So here's what I think.

Him and Minori are in the same exact boat as Taiga and Ryuuji, they click. If you havent noticed they do a lot of things togeathor aside from club activities. They also seem to pair up any time theres activities. It only makes sense that Kitamura has some kind of feelings for Minori.
Well, I guess that's true, but I think I'd wait for my final judgement on that side. Kitamura really is too blank right now. Actually, that's the main reason I hate the Kitamura x Taiga pairing right now. Kitamura is just so bland.

Dec 1, 2008 6:00 PM
Dec 2008
Xelzeno said:
More Ami x Ryuuji! Less Ryuuji x Taiga>.< I really dont want those 2 end up together ;_;

More Minori x Ryuuji !

I think Kitamura will end with Sumire (The girl of the student council). Ami ask about the coucil to Kitamura like she knows something.
But what happen to Aisaka ? I don't hope she'll be with Ryuuji, he really deserves Minori.
Minori is really weaker than she look like (we saw that when Ryuuji&Minori were closed in the storehouse) tthey are a really good match.
Ami is the one who know everything, she know about Ryuuji+Minori and the "maybe couple" Kitamura+Sumire. She'll probably end with no one but she don't really want to anyway.

Except if Ami finally change to her real "not this bad" her, she may end-up with Kitamura...

This anime isn't 12 eps ?
hidechronDec 1, 2008 6:11 PM
Dec 1, 2008 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
hidechron said:

25 eps for Toradora. so there is still alot of time for character growth and relationship change.
hi
Dec 2, 2008 11:26 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode, I always enjoy the humor that comes from Ami and Taiga quarreling.
Dec 3, 2008 12:01 AM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
DeathfireD said:
Leon-Gun said:
Flyleaf said:
DeathfireD said:
So here's what I think.

Well, I guess that's true, but I think I'd wait for my final judgement on that side. Kitamura really is too blank right now. Actually, that's the main reason I hate the Kitamura x Taiga pairing right now. Kitamura is just so bland.

I don't think Kitamura is a blank slate but bland he is. But I just read through a few volumes of the manga and he's bland there also.

I actually think there's more between Kitamura and Ami than Minori and Kitamura. I'm rather surprised that people think their viable. To go to Leon-Gun's statement, I think the reason they're so alike makes them rather deplorable together. Their great as supportive friends for Ryuuji and Taiga, but as a pair their rather unappealing.

I think it's because Ami has so much character and the fact that Kitamura sincerely cares for such a self-centered and I personally think (because she needs more development but has a lot going for her) a needy person as Ami says a lot. He doesn't mind her attitude similiarly he didn't mind Taiga and actually liked them more because of it.

In some way I find that Ami and Taiga are far more alike and I can see why Kitamura liked Taiga, probably vicariously using Taiga as an Ami replacement of sorts and no one can deny that Ami is attached to Kitamura.

I just don't see anything between Minori and Kitamura.
Dec 3, 2008 12:02 AM

Nov 2008
kenshin322 said:
hidechron said:

25 eps for Toradora. so there is still alot of time for character growth and relationship change.

Yup, and I heard somewhere there's a chance there will be two more sequels or something, or at least one. But don't quote me on that.

I'm actually hoping for a live-action like H2 and Honey & Clover got, that would be too die for. It would be a wicked romance.

BlueYoshi said:
Probably the best episode yet. Lots of great moments from everyone. Next episode looks even better.

At the moment, I don't know who I want Ryuuji to end up with, and I want to see some more development and background with Kitamura and Minorin before I decide who I want to support.

Understood. I like Minori but Ryu's fascination with her is just an infatuation gone on for too long. She's sweet and different and I get that. However I find that he has a fully developing and amazing relationship with Taiga. He's been able to be candid with and have her as his biggest supporter as he is for her. With Minori, there's nothing more than a level of superficiality. That of course can change later on, but I think the creators have created the path already.

I'm of course then rooting for Taiga and Ryu. Minori is sweet, but I don't see anyone really matching with her. I think Kitamura would be better off with Ami.
vaberellaDec 3, 2008 12:05 AM
Dec 3, 2008 6:16 AM
Dec 2007
vaberella said:

In some way I find that Ami and Taiga are far more alike and I can see why Kitamura liked Taiga, probably vicariously using Taiga as an Ami replacement of sorts and no one can deny that Ami is attached to Kitamura.
Ah, so I'm not the only one who saw the ulterior meaning behind Ami's comment of how Kitamura never ditched the Student Council before.

Dec 3, 2008 5:08 PM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
vaberella said:

Ah, so I'm not the only one who saw the ulterior meaning behind Ami's comment of how Kitamura never ditched the Student Council before.

No you're not. It was something I was wondering about when I saw the episode. I didn't get why that was brought up. I think that Ami may like Ryuuji, but again it grew out of her need to upstage Taiga. Not necessarily out of any need or romantic feelings towards Ryuuji. I do think that Kitamura has strong feelings for Ami, big time. He probably joined along, because when we see the ep before Minori was the one who wasn't a fan and Kitamura nicely pushed that everyone should go when Taiga invited herself. It just pieced well together.
Dec 3, 2008 8:17 PM

Oct 2008
taiga is just too freakin cute~, i wanna take her out <3
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Dec 3, 2008 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
paskyx said:
taiga is just too freakin cute~, i wanna take her out <3

Nice avatar! :D
If you go out with Taiga watch out for her KO punch should she get angry at you.
slayer545-samaDec 4, 2008 2:27 AM
Dec 3, 2008 10:14 PM
Jan 2008
This is the part where I start to like Ami more than before. She really has feelings for him and wasn't playing around when she asked him to go to the beach. The novel's details hint in that direction anyway. Though maybe she wanted to spend some time alone with him to question him about Kitamura...?
Minori is also very likeable in this ep.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed as they rushed through the whole thing compared to the novel -- yeah I know, anime discussion only, I know, but still. The scene with Taiga and Ryuuji was much more developed in it, plus some other things happened which I'm not gonna spoil since it could come back in the next ep.

Also at the end it's pretty obvious what's happening, they're not even thinking one single moment it could be the others trying to play a prank on them.

mcjazzman32 said:
*snip*
I did like the scene at the end where they're sitting in the livingroom. She warms her feet on his back - it shows such great closeness you never see in anime.
My thoughts exactly.
Dec 4, 2008 3:00 AM

Dec 2007
that was dammm funny.. laughed so much at the train station.. they were doing some sorta 4 arm thingy.. reminds me of a certain god.. really funny great episode
Dec 5, 2008 1:00 PM

May 2007
Xelzeno said:
My fellow mal user, you are in denial. You are walking the worst path existent. lol

Hell yes! RxT is simply perfect.

(lol, 1 day ago i was rooting for RxA)

This episode was great.

As for you guys trying to understand kitamura, chill.
You speculations are probably right, but try not to think too hard about it.
It only screws up with the story...

Jeez, taiga was going to say it...

I wonder if Ryuuji is daft or dense, or just plain stupid.
No, really.
He understands everything people around him say, but when taiga is going to fess something up, in a quiet room, close to him, he never hears.

Come on.
Dec 5, 2008 5:05 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was awesome. Very funny, there's so much detail to everyone's actions. Simple stuff like the way Minorin looks at Takasu or how Taiga put her feet on his back when she was sitting on the couch.

Minorin cracked me up again, I love this show.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 5, 2008 9:44 PM
Jan 2008
yeah, this one is probably the best of the bunch so far. The part with Kitamura and the towel, and Minorin snapping her camera phone madly, and her comment about the 'black and hairy thing'. ah, comedy gold! quite possibly the BEST new show this fall. Hyakko comes closest. but Toradora wins hands down!
Dec 6, 2008 10:45 AM

Apr 2007
ChiBuki said:

best part! ROFL

hilarious episode, as always
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 6, 2008 1:49 PM

Jul 2007
LMAO at the part where aisaka sees ami naked and proceeds to describe to ryuuji how big and hairy she is LMAO

toradora just keeps getting better and better. im guessing the other 3 are trying to scare ryuuji and taiga? XD
Dec 6, 2008 2:31 PM

May 2008
id said:
kinda sad for ryuji :'(
anyway looks like ryuji x taiga's plan got turned against themselves lol xD

rarri said:
Toradora! only gets better.

Couldn't agree more.

I agree too.
Dec 6, 2008 6:18 PM

Oct 2007
Man, I love Ami so much. The shower scene was hilarious from Ryuji to Taiga to Ami.
Dec 7, 2008 2:38 AM

May 2008
I'm seriously in love with Kitamura-kun, hahaha.

And when Taiga and Ryuuji got to the airport, and Midorin and Kitamura where doing those moves, and it just went on and on, LOL, that was hilarious.
Dec 7, 2008 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
ChiBuki said:

GIF time! Some of the gifs are so big I had to put them inside spoiler lol.

Awesome gifs, best parts of this episode XXXXXD
And I'd do the exact same thing as Ami if I get a tribute like that too

corroded said:
LMAO at the part where aisaka sees ami naked and proceeds to describe to ryuuji how big and hairy she is LMAO

Boom! Boom! Exploding!
carmabeLLeDec 8, 2008 7:00 AM

Dec 7, 2008 9:13 PM

Jan 2008
Zomg Kitamura >__>
Looks like Ryuji and Tiaga's plan backfired XD

Btw, Ami was awesome <3
Dec 9, 2008 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
Jacut said:
Fantastic episode, one of the best I've seen this season seriously. The structure of the episode was perfect, the characters' relation and direction too, and everything felt so original and shiny that it's really a good achievement for a comedy/romance anime. Much deeper than what it seems too.

Oh, and when I was beginning to doubt, the scene with Ryuuji under the stars made me remember it clearly : Minorin is an absolutely awesome character, much less an airhead that she wants everyone to believe.

Sums up my thoughts pretty well.

125 people rating this episode 5/5 until now and 8 pages of discussions. Needless to say more. ^^
Dec 10, 2008 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
The series is getting even better XD
Dec 12, 2008 3:19 PM
Jun 2008
lmao. towel scene.

Dec 15, 2008 11:42 PM

Nov 2007
YAY for development. i love the solo moments that they had with each other. is it me or did it seem like minorin may like ryuji.

and lmao at minorin seeing something black.
Dec 19, 2008 2:26 PM

Dec 2008
This series is great so far lmao! So many funny scenes in this episode! I liked the scenes when Minori and Kitamura were greeting them when they came in, and the the one right after when they greeted Ami lol. Lol at the towel scene, aha Minori and her crazy picture taking, then the towel falls off, but Ryuuji saves the day aha, then tells her about the seaweed spirit. The part when Minori was talking with Ryuuji in the veranda had so many questions to be asked (at least for me). Like when Minori mentions seeing the seaweed spirit and Ryuuji is shocked, she says asks Ryuuji that would he show her the seaweed spirit one day, with Ryuuji not noticing, Minori changes the subject. My question is, What seaweed spirit is Minori talking about? (The spirit, or the er..lol). The ghost effects in the end... hmm not sure, but I'm guessing it's the other three lol, if not, then then have a story coming up lol. So many other scenes I liked, but I see they were a ll covered in the previous posts, can't wait to watch the next episode!
Dec 22, 2008 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
What the O_O, beginning was ... weird lmao, hmmm so is Taiga slowly coming to realise the truth? lol @ she was boing, boing and *boing* lmao xD
Dec 22, 2008 2:12 AM

Nov 2008
Strangeshadow007 said:
This series is great so far lmao! So many funny scenes in this episode! I liked the scenes when Minori and Kitamura were greeting them when they came in, and the the one right after when they greeted Ami lol. Lol at the towel scene, aha Minori and her crazy picture taking, then the towel falls off, but Ryuuji saves the day aha, then tells her about the seaweed spirit. The part when Minori was talking with Ryuuji in the veranda had so many questions to be asked (at least for me). Like when Minori mentions seeing the seaweed spirit and Ryuuji is shocked, she says asks Ryuuji that would he show her the seaweed spirit one day, with Ryuuji not noticing, Minori changes the subject. My question is, What seaweed spirit is Minori talking about? (The spirit, or the er..lol). The ghost effects in the end... hmm not sure, but I'm guessing it's the other three lol, if not, then then have a story coming up lol. So many other scenes I liked, but I see they were a ll covered in the previous posts, can't wait to watch the next episode!

Just take all of Ryuuji words and Kushieda's of ghost as well as paranormal and replace with love or equivalent terms deemed of love meanings.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.